Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 78
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wakeboarder:
Why is Clemson still ranked and not Idaho?
View Quote

Abilene Christian should be ranked too
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Jason280:

When was the last time a team went from Top 10 to completely out of the rankings...in a 2 week span?

Goes to show you...again...how worthless preseason polls are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

When was the last time a team went from Top 10 to completely out of the rankings...in a 2 week span?

Goes to show you...again...how worthless preseason polls are.

2008 Michigan post AppSt?
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

B1G
View All Quotes

If USC wins out () do you think they’ll be excluded instead of a team with a shit schedule like ND?

USCe or USCw?

B1G

I suspect 10 or 11 wins as a B1G or SEC team gets ya into playoffs.  11 or 12 wins probably gets ya a spot as Big12/ACC
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

USC wins out. ND wins out, both are in.  Maybe even at 10-2 they'd both be in.  

Whatever criteria the committee uses will be different on different years.  Whatever they gotta do to maximize profits as that'll be the end result
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OUSooner:
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Very weak line up with only two games between ranked teams and one of those is Tennessee @ NC State.

Unfortunately, the next few weeks aren’t much, if any, better.

You can thank Super Conferences and the 12 team playoff for that. No incentive to play a tough OCC anymore.

Uh, whut?

12 team playoffs allows you to play big opponents of conference because a loss a team like Michigan doesn’t eliminate your team from the playoffs.

We've yet to see how teams are selected for the 12 team playoff.  Best to win more non conf games than less I'd say

If USC wins out () do you think they’ll be excluded instead of a team with a shit schedule like ND?

Whatever criteria the committee uses will be different on different years.  Whatever they gotta do to maximize profits as that'll be the end result

That is also true
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#5]

That is also true
View All Quotes

Very weak line up with only two games between ranked teams and one of those is Tennessee @ NC State.

You can thank Super Conferences and the 12 team playoff for that. No incentive to play a tough OCC anymore.

Uh, whut?

12 team playoffs allows you to play big opponents of conference because a loss a team like Michigan doesn’t eliminate your team from the playoffs.

We've yet to see how teams are selected for the 12 team playoff.  Best to win more non conf games than less I'd say

That is also true

Usc winning out means autobid and bye week, ND would host round 1 game without any doubts, regardless of how garbage their schedule may be
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:

Yep, I don’t think any other team has scheduled interesting out of conference season opening opponents as much as LSU in the recent era. I hate it because there’s a higher chance to lose, but I also love it because I like watching football that isn’t overly one sided.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:
Fuck! Five opening season losses in a row. :(

At least LSU consistently plays interesting games at the start of each year instead of junior college teams. Keeps it interesting. Let’s go with that.

Looking at their future schedules

2025 and 2026 open with a home and away with Clemson.

Yep, I don’t think any other team has scheduled interesting out of conference season opening opponents as much as LSU in the recent era. I hate it because there’s a higher chance to lose, but I also love it because I like watching football that isn’t overly one sided.

I applaud them.

I'm tired of week 1-3 "What shit teams can we beat up on in a couple years and get some wins!"

- I understand why, but it's also why noone cares. You beat who by 99-0 last week? A year or two of randomized schedules would be awesome.

I'd rather my team lose to a team I know then randomly get walloped on week 1 by a community college in South Dakota.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Usc winning out means autobid and bye week, ND would host round 1 game without any doubts, regardless of how garbage their schedule may be
View All Quotes

Uh, whut?

That is also true

I said a team with a shit schedule like ND (meaning like their schedule) vs a team with a close loss to a “good team”. I meant LSU, not USC anyways (forgot who won and who lost that game).
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 6:32:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dcs12345] [#8]

B1G
View All Quotes

USCe or USCw?

B1G

If USC wins out, that means they win the Big10 so of course they are an auto bid

Or if you mean LSU…same
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Family vacation over the weekend, so I wasn't around to take my lumps.  It was painful, but I'm always glad to see Clemson and Georgia play.  I've always thought it should be a permanent rivalry with the proximity.

This made me laugh out loud today:
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#10]

I said a team with a shit schedule like ND (meaning like their schedule) vs a team with a close loss to a “good team”. I meant LSU, not USC anyways (forgot who won and who lost that game).
View All Quotes

Uh, whut?

That is also true

Can't see 10-2 LSU being left out, maybe even 9-3 getting in at a lower seed depending on what the rest of CFB looks like
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 7:27:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MilHouse-556] [#13]
Why is Clemson still ranked and not Idaho?
View Quote

Shots fired!

Link Posted: 9/3/2024 7:34:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The-Bald-Monk] [#14]
Originally Posted By Clemson_John:
Family vacation over the weekend, so I wasn't around to take my lumps.  It was painful, but I'm always glad to see Clemson and Georgia play.  I've always thought it should be a permanent rivalry with the proximity.
SNIP
View Quote

100% agreement.

Monk
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Georgia also has nearly TWICE as many players drafted than Clemson in the past 5 years.

Guess which one 4 and 5 star recruits care about more.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ToyCop:
Heard a radio show bagging on Georgia and comparing the program to Clemson. Is it true that graduation rate for the Dawgs is only 45%? The host was basically saying Georgia's mindset is "win at all costs" and Clemson is more about getting a degree first and foremost. He also mentioned the criminal issue in both programs as well. I'm sure the tale is the same with many programs. I thought it pretty weird to hear on a Michigan radio show.

Georgia also has nearly TWICE as many players drafted than Clemson in the past 5 years.

Guess which one 4 and 5 star recruits care about more.

Well, the goal is to play in the NFL and get as much of that sweet cheddar as you can get,.........not a difficult choice for some players, given some of the circumstances they came from
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 7:43:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#16]
Originally Posted By bulump:

then Mich needs to stop rotating QBs every damn play . no momentum
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bulump:

Texas 30 Michigan 24

Hope I'm wrong.

Whoever controls the tempo wins.

then Mich needs to stop rotating QBs every damn play . no momentum

Should of poached a guy in the portal.

We do have an elite defense though.

But I guess the argument I heard on the local radio was Michigan was in the middle of the hunt for the CFB national title. Plus JJ waiting a little long before declaring for the Draft.

We all know here that the Oline is essential for a winning team and it's also like the hardest part to get right. And we got a bunch of new kids at all those positions.

Link Posted: 9/3/2024 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I’m not saying uga doesn’t need to push players to get a degree. They should.  Kirby has talked about it. Everything is there for them to do just that. But it is ultimately up to the individual to do it for themselves.  IMO.  
 But I will say this as a fact in my life of me watching football with friends.  From all the yelling , cussing, screaming and shouting , no one , including myself turned and looked at the other and discussed graduation rates.  So if you ask is winning priority ( legally “ Michigan “ ) ….   Yes it is from my seat.  Go Dawgs !!!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Love the reference
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#19]
ND plays USC last game of season so one isn't winning out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Clemson_John:

This made me laugh out loud today:
https://scontent-atl3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/457736891_394018177055328_7568054595273596481_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=833d8c&_nc_ohc=gnTQOekY5TYQ7kNvgEVxlSA&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.xx&oh=00_AYDNamUiF6hHEx2GNvjBaamSomvd596yJpnr16U1g-Z8VA&oe=66DD5134
View Quote

That right there is funny, I don't care who you are.  But only because it is true.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Just realized…where is Aggie Nailcrusher guy?

He catch a ban that I missed somewhere?
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By dcs12345:

Right now, it looks like the spread is Michigan +7.5

I don’t think Michigan covers with 7.5

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dcs12345:

Texas 30 Michigan 24

Hope I’m wrong.

Whoever controls the tempo wins.

Right now, it looks like the spread is Michigan +7.5

I don’t think Michigan covers with 7.5

Michigan has some extra shit going on around them with the NCAA snooping around, too.  Winning the NC without their head coach on the sideline for multiple games was an obstacle most teams wouldn’t be able to overcome, but at some point it’s going to become a distraction.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By InflectionPoint:

View Quote

He was pretty active in another thread but been Mia don't think he caught a ban
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

His account's still active but last post was in April.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By WDEagle:

View All Quotes

I’m not saying he’s banned, but, unless they recently changed something, I don’t believe there is an indicator on an account page that shows whether a member was recently (relatively) banned or just hasn’t posted and/or logged in for a while.  I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Yikes.

Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:44:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Lane Kiffin cracks me up.

Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Yikes.

View Quote

Not even close to the most erotic bell ringer
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#29]

I’m not saying he’s banned, but, unless they recently changed something, I don’t believe there is an indicator on an account page that shows whether a member was recently (relatively) banned or just hasn’t posted and/or logged in for a while.  I could be wrong.
View Quote

You are correct that there is no indication on the account page.  However, there is another way to check.  I did check and his account is still active.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#30]

You are correct that there is no indication on the account page.  However, there is another way to check.  I did check and his account is still active.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 1:41:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Amazing Moment at Alabama Football Practice
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 3:27:53 AM EDT
[#32]
I’m not saying uga doesn’t need to push players to get a degree. They should.  Kirby has talked about it. Everything is there for them to do just that. But it is ultimately up to the individual to do it for themselves.  IMO.
View Quote
First of all, how do they calculate these graduation stats?  What are the metrics?  Does it include every player, regardless of the amount of time they spend at the university, or just those on scholarship?  Do they have to be at the school a minimum amount of time before they are included?  How does it compare with other students who aren't involved with athletics?  If the kid transfers, and ultimately graduates from another school, how is that figured in?

Seems like it is one of those easily manipulated stats...
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 5:50:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AlabamaFan64:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Mmerr0fl0
View Quote

I can’t explain it.  But that got to me. Roll tide.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By WarDawg:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#35]

First of all, how do they calculate these graduation stats?  What are the metrics?  Does it include every player, regardless of the amount of time they spend at the university, or just those on scholarship?  Do they have to be at the school a minimum amount of time before they are included?  How does it compare with other students who aren't involved with athletics?  If the kid transfers, and ultimately graduates from another school, how is that figured in?  

View All Quotes

It's only "manipulated" if the methodology is different for different schools.  If the same criteria is used for all schools, maybe some introspection is in order when your school scores as far below others as GA did.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:

It's only "manipulated" if the methodology is different for different schools.  If the same criteria is used for all schools, maybe some introspection is in order when your school scores as far below others as GA did.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:

The same criteria is applied across the board and I read that players declaring for the draft are excluded.  Not sure if or how transfers are factored in.  Before seeing the stats, I would have expected the tech and high academic schools to be pretty high but was extremely surprised to see other schools having a high percentage of graduates.  The transfer portal and schools, conferences and NCAA not pretending this is about academics at all anymore is going to make this statistic even worse over the next couple of years.  At one time this would’ve gotten way more attention than it’s getting now because nobody cares anymore.  Even the players that make it to the NFL end up bankrupt within a few years of leaving the league and having that degree would have been a nice safety net for those players, but instead many are former millionaires back where they started.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Nebraska had a similar video a few years ago that was also very inspiring.  Les Miles when he was at LSU did some awesome things with children facing illness, too.  I’m fairly confident that many more teams do the same and wish it was publicized more.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 12:32:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flyhack72] [#38]
View Quote

I’m telling you, this guy is legit.

He’s not only good at Xs and Os. He creates a culture that is positive yet expects excellence.  I witnessed it at UW and even before he came to the PNW.

It was a huge get for Bama and my wife and her family were a bit worried with the hire.  I don’t think they have anything to worry about.

Remember the UW kicker post I shared here. He was a non-scholarship player.  He kicked the game winning FG and after the game Deboer offered him a scholarship in front of the team. Their reaction says everything about the culture and team building approach he incorporates into his program.
Washington Huskies Kicker Gets a Scholarship ????

Very good vid there. Thanks for sharing.  Roll Tide!
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 1:14:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey Texas, Michigan has better BBQ.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

More delicious Texas BBQ for me then.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Rumor is ...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By flyhack72:

He’s not only good at Xs and Os. He creates a culture that is positive yet expects excellence.  I witnessed it at UW and even before he came to the PNW.

It was a huge get for Bama and my wife and her family were a bit worried with the hire.  I don’t think they have anything to worry about.

Remember the UW kicker post I shared here. He was a non-scholarship player.  He kicked the game winning FG and after the game Deboer offered him a scholarship in front of the team. Their reaction says everything about the culture and team building approach he incorporates into his program.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRdABWgOYdo

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By flyhack72:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRdABWgOYdo

Thought you guys would enjoy it.  He does seem to be a good hire so far, some changes I wonder about but he’s not changing everything for the sake of change, either.  I really don’t know what or even if there’s a formula for having a dynasty with all the rule changes, so obviously some things do have to be done differently.  Can’t argue with his win/loss record, either.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

That was great
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#46]

Completely left off FSU.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#47]

Ha
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

Rumor is ...
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/174498/Screenshot_2024-09-04_132125_jpg-3313089.JPG

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Attachment Attached File

Sucks for the kid
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#50]

Accurate for Texas tech
Page / 78
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top