Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 319
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By giantpune:

One thing she's missing is him getting his gun.  We dont see him with a gun or a backpack while he's sitting on the concrete or when he's walking around.
In the first bodycam footage we saw from the roof, the cop said the backpacks up there were theirs they brought with them.

So somehow in that period between when the sniper took his picture and they went to go look for him, he retrieved his AR from somewhere and then shimmied up on the roof.  And where did he drop his case or backpack.  Presumably, he wasn't dumb enough to walk around open carrying an AR with all the police presence.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:
This shows Crooks sitting on a retaining wall and his most likely way of climbing on the roof minutes before shooting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcYGF77ZKpg

One thing she's missing is him getting his gun.  We dont see him with a gun or a backpack while he's sitting on the concrete or when he's walking around.
In the first bodycam footage we saw from the roof, the cop said the backpacks up there were theirs they brought with them.

So somehow in that period between when the sniper took his picture and they went to go look for him, he retrieved his AR from somewhere and then shimmied up on the roof.  And where did he drop his case or backpack.  Presumably, he wasn't dumb enough to walk around open carrying an AR with all the police presence.

Good point. He also had a large backpack fully loaded with his bike (also a rolled up mat.) How did he get both backpacks to the location on a bike?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

Good point. He also had a large backpack fully loaded with his bike (also a rolled up mat.) How did he get both backpacks to the location on a bike?
View Quote

I thought they determined the bike belonged to a bum not related to the incident.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#3]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC_ezhAtGts
View Quote

Did you notice the officer/agent in front of Trump's vehicle at 6:37 in the video.  He appears to be on the radio, then walks up closer to the hood and points his rifle into the SUV after Trump was inside.  Then he seems to back away while on the radio again.  

i cannot for the life of me understand why he would point his weapon into the vehicle like that...

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#4]

I thought they determined the bike belonged to a bum not related to the incident.
View All Quotes

According to the NYPost:

The emergency services officer also says a police sniper took photos of Crooks, including of him on a bicycle, according to the footage.

“That’s the sniper that sent the original picture and seen him come from the bike and set the bookbag down and then lost sight of him,” the officer tells the apparent Secret Service agent.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sydney7629:

Did you notice the officer/agent in front of Trump's vehicle at 6:37 in the video.  He appears to be on the radio, then walks up closer to the hood and points his rifle into the SUV after Trump was inside.  Then he seems to back away while on the radio again.  

i cannot for the life of me understand why he would point his weapon into the vehicle like that...

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sydney7629:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC_ezhAtGts

I'm 99.999% certain he's standing to the side and points the rifle to his right of the vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By safe1:

No sling?  I'd love to see someone shimmy up onto a roof carrying an AR without a sling.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tree-hugger:

His own rifle could have been given to him by someone in the building he climbed onto.

Anything's possible and I can't rule that out with all the shenanigans coming to light.

No sling?  I'd love to see someone shimmy up onto a roof carrying an AR without a sling.

LOL.  With that low of an access point and barely slanted roof?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hold my beer...
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes
This shows Crooks sitting on a retaining wall and his most likely way of climbing on the roof minutes before shooting

These could have been staged by other people for a multitude of reasons / strategies.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:34:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: savage_winchester] [#8]

View Quote

Maybe there was 2 separate bicycles  ?

ETA- I mean maybe crooks used a bicycle and there was a bum with a different bicycle.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:47:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

What a clusterfuck! More and more it sounds like the Three Stooges were in charge with predictable results.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
Originally Posted By DaGoose:
Grain of salt.

SCOOP: The REAL Reason Trump’s Assassin was not Eliminated on the Rooftop before Firing on Trump

This Information comes from a first-hand source of highest credentials.

The attached video is a view from the second story window of the AGR building in Butler, Pennsylvania. The rooftop it overlooks is where Crooks fired on Trump. This room was the overwatch view where a Butler County SWAT sniper team was stationed at the direction of the Secret Service for the Trump rally.

The Secret Service is responsible for stationing all protective teams for the President. Local and State law enforcement officers go where they’re told.

The snipers in this location should have *easily* been able to engage Crooks before he ever came close to scope site of Trump.

Yet, Crooks was able to fire that day without anyone engaging from this position. Why?

That answer is total and complete incompetence from Secret Service.

There was a three man SWAT sniper team located in this position. One member of the team went home early — not sure how this was allowed but it happened. The remaining two snipers positioned in this room were notified that a suspicious individual [Crooks] was lurking outside the building. One team member left his position to investigate, leaving just one sniper with overwatch of the roof.

The investigating team member found nothing and in the process of returning to his position realized he had forgotten his access card into the building. The last remaining sniper with overwatch LEFT [!!!] the position to retrieve his team member locked outside.

Crooks crawled across the roof and fired on Trump while this fully-equipped sniper nest with a perfect view of Crooks assassin position was left completely UNMANNED.

Obvious infuriating questions:

- Who was running command that allowed this fatal tactical error?
- Who gave the order to abandon post?
- How was there not an officer on the roof who could engage Crooks directly?
- Why was there not overwatch from the water tower - a far superior position than this?

We need a Congressional Select Committee to investigate the Trump Assassination immediately.

What a clusterfuck! More and more it sounds like the Three Stooges were in charge with predictable results.

The Three Stooges would have done a better job.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 11:55:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sledge850] [#10]
Besides there is an eye witness that clearly said he saw Crookes cross over from the middle building across the hallway mezzanine to the building where he eventually took some shots from. So it is not really clear as to where he actually gained access to the roof or at what point he had possession of the rifle. I saw another building to the rear of the complex that had a low unit next to like a yard shed next to the low roof that would have made the climb very easy. It was quite a ways from where Crookes eventually was killed so it is surprising (interesting) that he would have been able to traverse all of those roofs with out being seen by a lot of the tens of thousands of people at the event, even though most would have been looking away from that location. It only takes a few people yelling to advert everyone's attention to a different point. Like a fight at a stadium often happens. All very odd. Especially the bullet counts etc... I want the body cam footage of the first person to breach that roof line... Don't tell me it was "turned off" If he went down the far side which I believe he did away from the crowd. Wow what a risk of being detected. A whole lotta (wink) luck he had that day. Well until his luck or usefulness ran out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#11]

I don't think he stashed it ahead of time.  His whole chain of events seems like he was winging it.  Buying ammo on the way there, buying a ladder from home depot right before the incident, but not even using it.

Huh?  If you can reach the AC unit and the roof to pull your own body up with your spaghetti arms, then you can easily set a 7lb AR up ahead of you, then climb up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doolyd:

Seems there was some report he stashed it a day or something before but then I saw the testimony about how he had a collapsible stock and that may be why it went un-noticed.  The dude was wearing a t-shirt.  He wasn't carrying anything.  So yeah, where/when did he stash it?

I don't think he stashed it ahead of time.  His whole chain of events seems like he was winging it.  Buying ammo on the way there, buying a ladder from home depot right before the incident, but not even using it.

Huh?  If you can reach the AC unit and the roof to pull your own body up with your spaghetti arms, then you can easily set a 7lb AR up ahead of you, then climb up.

Surprised the AR didn't slide off. That steep-pitched roof "as you know".
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

wasn't he there a few days before flying a drone..??    He could have hid the rifle there the same day
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:

To them it couldn't be a bullet. This event negates all of their previous reporting on lethal high caliber assault weapon ammo.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By diesel1:
What's with the "FBI says Trump may not have been hit with a bullet" media blitz this week?

ETA: I see it was mentioned further up the page here. But WTF? Another "magic bullet" theory"? The concept of a bullet fragmenting in flight was addressed early in this thread and discounted as very unlikely.

"Not bullets" that injured 2 and killed 1? Top men, for sure!

To them it couldn't be a bullet. This event negates all of their previous reporting on lethal high caliber assault weapon ammo.

Was Wray the same dumb fuck that mentioned the possibility of the rifle having a collapsible stock, making it "more concealable"? Even one of the Fox guys explained how an AR can be broken down and re-assembled in seconds.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Castrolr1:

wasn't he there a few days before flying a drone..??    He could have hid the rifle there the same day
View All Quotes

I thought he was flying the drone the same day as the rally.

Wasn't he shooting the rifle at the range the day before? It seems like a huge gamble to leave the gun unattended anywhere near the rally.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Wasn't he shooting the rifle at the range the day before? It seems like a huge gamble to leave the gun unattended anywhere near the rally.
View All Quotes

Normally i'd agree....  but this is beyond normal incompetence ... so anything is possible.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#16]
FBI investigators wants a "Victim impact statement" from Trump. Severely limiting future campaigning of a presidential candidate opposing your boss is about as big of an impact as you can think of.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-wants-interview-trump-after-assassination-attempt-source

ETA: probably going to indict him for lying about getting hit with a bullet after Wray said it was shrapnel.
View Quote

(BB, of course)
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Normally i'd agree....  but this is beyond normal incompetence ... so anything is possible.
View All Quotes

I believe he could have pulled it off. I just find it hard to believe that he would gamble the entire operation on that one unnecessary risk.

The multiple unnecessary risks Crooks took, is the only reason I haven't put the Reynolds Wrap away yet. None of it makes sense.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doolyd:

Seems there was some report he stashed it a day or something before but then I saw the testimony about how he had a collapsible stock and that may be why it went un-noticed.  The dude was wearing a t-shirt.  He wasn't carrying anything.  So yeah, where/when did he stash it?

yep. I seen one pic with copper lines and ducts running from the unit into the building above the first floor ceiling. Looked pretty rasy to climb up on
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Two weeks later and we still don't have any photos released of the murder weapon.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#20]

According to the NYPost:

View All Quotes

According to the NYPost:

The emergency services officer also says a police sniper took photos of Crooks, including of him on a bicycle, according to the footage.

“That’s the sniper that sent the original picture and seen him come from the bike and set the bookbag down and then lost sight of him,” the officer tells the apparent Secret Service agent.

I'm thinking there were 2 bicycles
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

View All Quotes

According to the NYPost:

I agree. I remember in the bodycam footage where they debrief the fed in a suit, there seemed to be some confusion about Crooks bike and the hobo with a bike.

It still doesn't explain how Crooks got the rifle before the shooting. He's spotted multiple times without a backpack, the backpack at his bike seems to be full and unopened (no room for a rifle,) yet local snipers saw him with a backpack/case.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
Two weeks later and we still don't have any photos released of the murder weapon.
View Quote
This is surprising to me; I would have thought they'd jump at the opportunity to say "Look at the evil AR-15 that did this!"
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By absael:
This is surprising to me; I would have thought they'd jump at the opportunity to say "Look at the evil AR-15 that did this!"
View Quote

No pic of the bomb devices or the drone either.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#24]
One of the reasons Biden dropped out for Kamala was to replace the media stories.
Its all Harris now.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By absael:

Or any bomb squad neutralizing the explosive devices in multiple locations.

Not a photo of a single BearCat on any cell phone or Ring doorbell.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:07:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wsix] [#29]
WATCH: Complete bodycam footage of police discovering Trump shooter's body

Assuming all of you have fired an AR and some of you have dropped a screw on a metal roof. How in the hell are all of the fired brass in a pile near the roof peak?

What a load of total bullshit. Whoever staged that is probably directing Disney Star Wars shows.

That brass would be in the gutter or way down the roof.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:12:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chokey] [#30]
Originally Posted By wsix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzepkf9iUTk

Assuming all of you have fired an AR and some of you have dropped a screw on a metal roof. How in the hell are all of the fired brass in a pile near the roof peak?

What a load of total bullshit. Whoever staged that is probably directing Disney Star Wars shows.

That brass would be in the gutter or way down the roof.
View Quote

who said they're in a pile?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Is the unblurred helmet cam video out anywhere yet? There is one bit where you can almost get a good look at the rifle but the top edge of the blur obscures it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#32]

I agree. I remember in the bodycam footage where they debrief the fed in a suit, there seemed to be some confusion about Crooks bike and the hobo with a bike.

It still doesn't explain how Crooks got the rifle before the shooting. He's spotted multiple times without a backpack, the backpack at his bike seems to be full and unopened (no room for a rifle,) yet local snipers saw him with a backpack/case.
View All Quotes

According to the NYPost:

How long is a 16" barreled upper assembly? Maybe 24"? And a lower, even with an A2 buttstock, is less than that. 16" rifles will fit in a 34" case so, with the upper and lower separated, could fit in a backpack.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

According to the NYPost:

I thought Crooks had a car there and that's where they found the "IED's".
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

View Quote

Logic does. The guy saw them at the peak and counted them in 2 seconds. They were all within his direct gaze. He didn't have to look for them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Logic does. The guy saw them at the peak and counted them in 2 seconds. They were all within his direct gaze. He didn't have to look for them.
View All Quotes

223/556 casings don't roll straight, so they're going roll against one of the roof ridges that about a foot apart. So they're not going to be spread out like you think they would.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Finding the van location

Thomas Crooks (Trump Shooter) Van Location! #trumprally #thomascrooks #update #trump #shooter
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#37]

223/556 casings don't roll straight, so they're going roll against one of the roof ridges that about a foot apart. So they're not going to be spread out like you think they would.
View All Quotes

Yup.  The only thing that will roll uninterrupted all the way down a ridged roof is the drill bit you need for the chimney cap you're working on that just fell out of the cheesy cordless drill chuck.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:30:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wsix] [#38]

View Quote

I understand your point. I have installed about 30 roofs like this. A screw is also not a ball and they slide down the roof. It's a 2/12 pitch. One out of five may stay at the top, but all 5? stay at the top? They aren't rolling, they are sliding.

I realize you are taking the other side to make me explain myself and I believe I have.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#39]
When I pause the video, it seems like the bodycammed guy is pointing at 3 separate roof panels when counting out the shell casings, and they were the 3 panels immediately to the right of the shooter.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#40]
The shooter’s rifle was broken down and stashed in a black Swiss Gear backpack.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#41]
‘Christ Protects Him’: Donald Trump Becomes Mexican Folk Hero in Songs on Assassination Attempt

Multiple Mexican corridos, or narrative folk songs, telling the story of former President Donald Trump’s narrow escape from death in a July 13 assassination attempt have gone viral in the past week on social media. The posts rejoice in Trump as divinely protected and a man who “has never known fear.”

https://www.breitbart.com/latin-america/2024/07/24/christ-protects-him-donald-trump-becomes-mexican-folk-hero-in-songs-on-assassination-attempt/
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By triburst1:
View Quote

Is that a guess (it's a good guess) or do you have a source?  I would guess this as well, although it looks like a rifle length upper and that doesn't seem like it would fully fit into the backpack.  

Depending on how he got to the building, perhaps the upper not being fully in the backpack wouldn't matter.  I saw an aerial view of the parking lot after the fact - it was all LEO vehicles with minimal to no general public vehicles, so presumably, he could have easily made it to the base of the building via the parking lot side without anyone noticing a barrel or upper partially sticking out of the backpack.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

This would bring up maybe a few other questions.....did he ask permission to get the gun since it was his dads, did the kid have full access and the dad never noticed it missing....anyone have the 911 call supposedly the parents made and why? (the why part is my dad would never look for my ass mid Saturday when I was 20...he knew I was with friends)
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:52:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: giantpune] [#46]
So if this was his bike, then my theory is he used the camping mat roll to hide the AR and transport it.  The youtube video with the google maps thinks he transported the AR earlier and hid it in a bush.  I still dont think he ever stashed the gun and left it at the scene.  I think he brought the AR with him on the bike.  His backpack was full of his other crap.  And the AR was in his rolled up mat.  The bike with the rolled up mat was parked 50ft from where the concrete wall photo was taken.  Meaning he could retrieve the gun, then would not have to walk very far with it to get to the building.  He very well could have stashed it under his shirt for those 50 ft.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By turborocket:

Is that a guess (it's a good guess) or do you have a source?  I would guess this as well, although it looks like a rifle length upper and that doesn't seem like it would fully fit into the backpack.  

Depending on how he got to the building, perhaps the upper not being fully in the backpack wouldn't matter.  I saw an aerial view of the parking lot after the fact - it was all LEO vehicles with minimal to no general public vehicles, so presumably, he could have easily made it to the base of the building via the parking lot side without anyone noticing a barrel or upper partially sticking out of the backpack.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By turborocket:
Originally Posted By triburst1:

I’ve seen photos of it lying near the edge of the roof where he gained access, still unzipped and open.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:

In light of the current situation I find myself hoping that we can attribute this all to malice, because incompetence is far scarier. The idea that the leaders of the premier protective and investigative agencies in the world are bumbling idiots is terrifying.

View Quote

This is precisely why conspiracy theory exists.

people really, really hope there is some grand scheme, planners trying to implement a plan.

because the reality is terrifying, the people tasked with the most important jobs in the world are really that stupid.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By brass:

Where did the backpack go, where was it found?   It wasn't on the roof.

Is this speculation or a bit of information leaked from local LEO?

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By midmo:

Yup.  The only thing that will roll uninterrupted all the way down a ridged roof is the drill bit you need for the chimney cap you're working on that just fell out of the cheesy cordless drill chuck.  
View Quote

This sounds highly detailed and suspect......
Page / 319
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top