Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:50:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I would pair it tie dye colors.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was going to clear coat it..but deep down I knew I'd loose and not get my damn mail.
View Quote

I strive to have zero mail sent to me...unless a paper check.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Just clearcoat it
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]
They stopped delivering mail to my house for about a month, apparently my legal height mailbox was too high for the POS deliver driver's clapped out Buick LeSabre.
It went up like 3 tiers to some regional office in Milwaukee. They pretty much forced me to drop my mailbox 4" below the legal minimum height.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't had a mailbox in two years because of those tards. They told me they couldn't deliver the 900 adds from spectrum unless I got a new mailbox so I yoinked the old mailbox and threw it post and all away in the lobby trash and told them to toss my shit in the yard like a drive by.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They stopped delivering mail to my house for about a month, apparently my legal height mailbox was too high for the POS deliver driver's clapped out Buick LeSabre.
It went up like 3 tiers to some regional office in Milwaukee. They pretty much forced me to drop my mailbox 4" below the legal minimum height.
View Quote

I would definitely keep all emails and letters associated with this.   I could see you getting a new mailman in the future that has a taller vehicle that tries to force you to raise your mailbox.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this a joke? They won’t deliver your mail if your mailbox is rusty? USPS is even worse than I thought, which is incredible.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Neon green is best color for mailboxes
View Quote
My wife wanted ours painted like that. It isn't quite neon, but close. It
does stick out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#10]
By the replies I see that I am not alone in considering malicious compliance an often necessary path.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Find some remnant of a gaudy vinyl wall covering and cover the mailbox with it. Or cover it completely with Trump/Vance stickers.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Maybe they don't want to risk getting tetanus.
View Quote

That'snothowanyofthisworks.jpeg
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:23:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Primus - Wynona's Big Brown Beaver
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I had to confront the local Postmaster when a renter was given the exact same form.  Got him to admit it was not an official USPS form.
View Quote

My ex in-laws had a feud with a certain local family of assholes, over a 500 acre hunting lease. The assholes owned 2000 acres and the 500 acre lease was essentially in the center of their 2000 acres and drove them nuts, they harassed anyone using the easement across their property, put nails in the road, made threats, pointed guns, destroyed deer stands, vandalized vehicles, etc.

one of those assholes, was the in laws mailman. the mail man, who was busting up their mailbox because they refused to raise it to the new height ( and over that 500 acre lease )  . Feud included a fist fight with the mail man in the road after he got off work, mailman pulled a knife mid fist fight, in laws pulled a gun. Approx 5 mailboxes were destroyed, totally stopped after they personally confronted the post master, accused their mailman of busting mailboxes and making threats. Magically… no more busted mailboxes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I thought that the mailbox was the property of the US Postal Service.  But where I live, virtually nobody uses one unless they are rural.  There are probably less than a dozen boxes in my town - and I assumed they were allowed because the individuals were not able to go to the Post Office.  FWIW - my Father was the rural mail carrier for many years.

I do know one of my ranch neighbors had to move their mailbox back to an official post.  He was tired of it getting knocked over - and he was a well driller.  So he drilled a 10' deep hole and dropped in a 4" steel pipe - with an inverted L on the top to hold his box.  Under the box was a wash kettle filled with dirt (so several hundred lbs).  His old kettle is still there - but his box is back on a break away pole.  Apparently mail carriers sometimes skid to a stop and they were afraid they might rip off the side of the mail truck if they got too close to his.  My father's mail truck (family still has it) has some nice scratches where he slid into boxes.
View Quote

If they own it, they can "fix" it.  We're still on a normal mailbox.  Secondary main road or something like that.  Better than those communal boxes a mile away.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#16]
There is a rat rod hipster willing to pay $200 for that hood scoop.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:40:08 PM EDT
[#17]
sounds racist.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Maybe they don't want to risk getting tetanus.
View Quote

That was my first thought too
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#19]
This is the mail-box of a good friend of mine.

He owns a concrete mixing plant.

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Rusty Metal Primer brown is the best.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you at last paint it rust color ?

Rusty Metal Primer brown is the best.

Brush on.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This is the mail-box of a good friend of mine.

He owns a concrete mixing plant.

https://i.imgur.com/bmCpwHY.jpg
View Quote

I would've found a way
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like your new mail Karen needs her box painted. I wouldn't have done shit, but then our mail carriers aren't whiny bitches.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I’m one of the last hold outs with a mailbox on my porch, the mail people are not thrilled about it.

I know the rule is new builds have to put one on the street, I think even a new owner may have to as well (unsure). They can fuck off, I’m not putting one on the street. Friend had to a few years ago.

Though, I have been tempted because I can put a camera facing my house in it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Poison ivy rubbed underneath the handle.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would have made a bigger one and put the old one inside.
View Quote

Fill the space between the two with concrete and then weld it to a piece of drill stem that’s driven six feet into the ground.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'd clear coat that motherfucker.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:39:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'd clear coat that motherfucker.
View Quote

THIS RIGHT HERE!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Our new mail lady knocked.ours off the post. Ithad 4 four ing lag bolts holding it on a. 4x4 cross post.

She left a note like yours saying it needed repaired.

I repaired it and left a note saying she need to learn to drive.

She wrote a nasty little note saying she found it like that.

I left several printed pictures of the video of her hitting it.

We get all of our mail in a resonable.time   with nothing.lost that I can tell so far.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:57:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Don't be mad, when your mail delivery stops OP.  That is an official form.  I think it's hilarious, but I am in the business.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:58:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Our new mail lady knocked.ours off the post. Ithad 4 four ing lag bolts holding it on a. 4x4 cross post.

She left a note like yours saying it needed repaired.

I repaired it and left a note saying she need to learn to drive.

She wrote a nasty little note saying she found it like that.

I left several printed pictures of the video of her hitting it.

We get all of our mail in a resonable.time   with nothing.lost that I can tell so far.
View Quote

Jesus.......That's bold of her.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top