Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#1]
This was due to gross margins and has little to do with the degredation issue from motherboard makers overvoltaging the Intel processors outside of specs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m200maker:
This will be Boeing soon. Keep hiring those Indian bosses who keep hiring Indian engineers and diversity hires. Because feelings and social justice.

AI is going to shake things up for a while.
View Quote
Intel is trying to startup advanced chip plants using cheap H1B labor.   Good luck, Intel!  You're gonna need it.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TheLASwamp:
I'm not in tech, but I've also heard it's bad. Some say worse than when the dot.com bubble burst. The Great Recession was awful but the economy had been terrible long before then. It went all the way back to 2000.
View Quote
And still, the Biden team is importing ~250,000 foreigners this year via the H1B program.  Mostly cheap Indian tech workers.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ATLDiver:
Who remembers Cyrix? We need a resurgence….
View Quote

Had a Cyrix math co-processor.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By joe_sun:
Lots of companies are laying off people right now, UKG, Intuit, Bungee, Disney, John Deere, FibroGen, NerdWallet, Moxion Power and now Intel.

It's called Bidenomics.

View Quote

It's about to go ballistic. Chrysler sent out 6400 notices for buyout to peeps in the Auburn hills hq. Basically, that HQ will likely be sold to the Chinese.  

Hold on to your butts
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Intel has been one of my worst holdings.    I keep holding on waiting for that turnaround, but they just suck, and keep sucking worse.  

Something happens to old companies.  They get riddled with bureaucracy, inefficiency and incompetance .     Sears, GM, Boeing etc.

The list is long and distinguished.    It’s damned near impossible to ever turn one around.   Can you guys even think of One company that succeeded?   Chrysler did a Fake turnaround with their K Cars.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Every big company in this country has a page like that.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MilHouse-556:
I've still been rolling out 12th Gen Intel processors laptops/desktops for my customers.

Sad state of affairs. Intel is like Boeing now. Wtf is happening with our large American companies?

View Quote

Competency crisis.  Competent people are retiring which is at least part of the problem.  Intel is accelerating this with the plan to offer enhanced retirement options.  In the future, DEI hiring will SURELY solve any skills deficit.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#9]
The chips get more and more complicated.
The people making them, not so much.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By somaliskinnypirate:

It's about to go ballistic. Chrysler sent out 6400 notices for buyout to peeps in the Auburn hills hq. Basically, that HQ will likely be sold to the Chinese.  

Hold on to your butts
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Lots of companies are laying off people right now, UKG, Intuit, Bungee, Disney, John Deere, FibroGen, NerdWallet, Moxion Power and now Intel.

It's called Bidenomics.

Hold on to your butts

It has been primed to go ballistic for a while. Commercial real estate and the shipping industry are being held together by the time bomb of “extend and pretend” loans.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#11]
intel is beholden to stockholders like everyone else, either buybacks to buy a quarter , cuts, whatever it takes to get the stock price up
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#12]
If Intel is anything like the major corporation I work at, they will keep all the people who created the problem and lay off those who are mitigating the issue.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Hold on to your butts
View All Quotes

It's called Bidenomics.

Hold on to your butts

Tech companies lead the bull and it's going to lead the bear. Economy is being propped up by financial gymnastics and gaslighting for the election.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#14]

It's called Bidenomics.

View Quote

Unilever laid off last week. There will be another round in September.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ATLDiver:
Who remembers Cyrix? We need a resurgence….
View Quote

Took an assembler class with one of the dudes that helped develop the Cyrix RISC architecture.   He was a smart guy, but a complete dick.

The last Intel processor I bought was fantastic.   CeleronA chips were legit.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
learn to code.
View Quote
I'm beginning to believe you're actually a parrot.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#17]
My 14900k still ticking along
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#18]
The cuts are not related to the cpu disaster.

This is long in the running. Three quarters they told us we are through the worst but the failures they are doing with IDM2.0 transition is pure planning failures, calculation errors made by overachievers that needed to profile themself and poor execution. Looked good on paper but is shit in reality!
The things they tell us we need to change is the same that they told us two decades ago and have never changed since the change process is too ridged to change. Chicken or egg is the question and nothing will really change. It’s the Intel Way!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#19]
My build earlier this year, thing sat at 190-200F+ 14700 k not even OC'd. Effin a. Sent all that back, built another 14700k all good. Both liquid cooled almost the same hardware, though the second one I went 5th gen ssd instead of gen 4 and get quite a bit faster disk speed 10.5k or so.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a friend who's an engineer there.  He said all the promotions last year were straight DEI.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#21]

It's called Bidenomics.
View Quote

At Intel, it is Pat Gelsinger’s fault.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#22]
23 years at Intel. took a buyout as soon as it was offered.
They like to let go of senior people and then hire them as contract (green badge) workers at a substantial pay cut.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Well crap, guess I'll just go AMD next time if this ends up being a inevitable problem.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By DaveJRSC:
AMD FTW
View Quote

Yup, laughing in Threadripper...
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Voland:

Just like crowdstrike...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Voland:
Originally Posted By cruze5:
Nothing but intel at work sadly

that hurts a lot of people.  Did they don't test before release?

Just like crowdstrike...

Intel is one of the most woke-shit companies out there ... they are the Boeing of the chip industry.

Faggety-fag who joined our zoom at work was just incredibly stupid and insisted on pronouns before kicking things off. "It" didn't like how I said (coldly), "Lets just get started. Shall we?"

I just saw the "it" change their LI caption to with the green-halo-of-shame

Sometimes, HR gets it right
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
learn to code.

Learn to code coal...
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#27]
is Intel still going ahead with building its chip factories in the US?

i remember they got a few billions of US taxpayer money to do that
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#28]
F in chat for the guy on Reddit who put $700,000 of his Grandma's inheritance in INTC stock before market close...
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#29]
The Tundra of processors.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By norseman1:

https://gifdb.com/images/high/oh-snap-kenan-thompson-shock-p52iozfklqixttoz.webp

Intel is one of the most woke-shit companies out there ... they are the Boeing of the chip industry.

Faggety-fag who joined our zoom at work was just incredibly stupid and insisted on pronouns before kicking things off. "It" didn't like how I said (coldly), "Lets just get started. Shall we?"

I just saw the "it" change their LI caption to with the green-halo-of-shame

Sometimes, HR gets it right
View Quote

I don't know what this means.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By LonghornAR:

Tech companies lead the bull and it's going to lead the bear. Economy is being propped up by financial gymnastics and gaslighting for the election.
View All Quotes

It's called Bidenomics.

Hold on to your butts

The question is does it all unravel before November or after. Luckily, we will get to find out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:07:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mattpsky] [#32]
This happened to me on a new build.  Gen 14 i9.    

I spent another few hundred bucks for new ram as it seemed the likely problem with instability. Various testing apps pointed to RAM as problem. Then I happened upon a Reddit on the issue and lowered from stock voltage and instability stopped for the most part. Called intel and they blamed the mobo mfg. (it’s a high end one) and told me to pound sand.    

Now this comes out and I am not happy. AMD for me from here on out.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Andrewsky:
I have a friend who's an engineer there.  He said all the promotions last year were straight DEI.
View Quote

This and I'm sure it's accelerating. I was a knuckle dragger at RA until a few years ago and mod2 was trash compared to mod1. The brain trust that builds and maintains these facilities is aging out and not be replaced with equal competence.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SpacemanSpiff:
Sounds like an absolute disaster.

View Quote

Sounds like they hired McKinsey as consultants.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:13:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:
The Tundra of processors.
View Quote

Sort of accurate.
Toyota still has time albeit it's fleeting.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:17:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JVD] [#37]
Where are these jobs? Indonesia? China?
Oh wow, most of their fab facilities are in the US.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

Every big company in this country has a page like that.
View Quote

But as other posters (and Intel’s rapid decline) have confirmed, they’re not just preaching it, they’re living it.

Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AZ_Mike:
This was due to gross margins and has little to do with the degredation issue from motherboard makers overvoltaging the Intel processors outside of specs.
View Quote

The thing is though it’s still a massive issue at intel rec voltages.   Which I’m pretty sure came out after they found the issue and lower them.  I have to run under the voltages published by intel to maintain stability and many others do too.

Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By mattpsky:

The thing is though it’s still a massive issue at intel rec voltages.   Which I’m pretty sure came out after they found the issue and lower them.  I have to run under the voltages published by intel to maintain stability and many others do too.

View Quote

If you are having to undervolt to maintain stability your processor has unfortunately already beem damaged. You need to go ahead and start the replacement process with Intel.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By GDaawg:

If you are having to undervolt to maintain stability your processor has unfortunately already beem damaged. You need to go ahead and start the replacement process with Intel.
View Quote

I tried before with no luck but might try again.  This thing has been a giant PITA.   I’m lazy so I didn’t want to do all that but since my wife uses it too I’ll probably have to soon.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By broken_reticle:

Took an assembler class with one of the dudes that helped develop the Cyrix RISC architecture.   He was a smart guy, but a complete dick.

The last Intel processor I bought was fantastic.   CeleronA chips were legit.
View Quote

To be honest, Apple is doing the right thing with their Mx line of chips. Intel used to be the king of chips but slept on their laurels for far too long. I agree the ones that were responsible for the current predicament will keep their jobs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

The thing is though it's still a massive issue at intel rec voltages.   Which I'm pretty sure came out after they found the issue and lower them.  I have to run under the voltages published by intel to maintain stability and many others do too.

There is no process.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By MilHouse-556:

Sort of accurate.
Toyota still has time albeit it's fleeting.
View Quote

Slipped 3 places this month if I recall it’s out of the top 10 reliable surveys now which caught me by surprise given 2021 was a good year for them
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#45]

I tried before with no luck but might try again.  This thing has been a giant PITA.   I'm lazy so I didn't want to do all that but since my wife uses it too I'll probably have to soon.
View All Quotes

I tried before with no luck but might try again.  This thing has been a giant PITA.   I'm lazy so I didn't want to do all that but since my wife uses it too I'll probably have to soon.

Depending on the MB there may be an 'Intel default settings' option if you update the BIOS to current.

IMO Intel knew these chips were failing at a high rate and tried to blame MB manufacturers. Granted the OC tuning on these chips didn't help but apparently even the 'Intel default settings' is STILL too high of voltages but it will at least turn off some of these crazy numbers some MB manufacturers were allowing.

I have a 12700k which thankfully isn't impacted by these current issues but I still set the power limits in BIOS to the Intel settings just recently after a BIOS update.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Pelosi got that stock purchased just in time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Crazy to not have seen these failures during testing

They skipped steps to get the product out
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:58:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By TheLASwamp:
My last several builds have all been AMD. The price/performance ratio can't be beat. They have really leveled-up since they introduced the Ryzen processors. Now there is really no reason to consider Intel.
View Quote

quicksync video and plex, but only buy 12th gen cpu without e cores.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:
The question is does it all unravel before November or after. Luckily, we will get to find out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:

It's called Bidenomics.

Hold on to your butts

I was betting on late September to mid- October bear market - but once again my timing is shit.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top