Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 71
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By delemorte:

how deep? Cause it aint 125 miles. You mean wide?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
Originally Posted By governmentman:
Is this actual Ukrainian troops going over, or more caw's paw games with Russian rebels? Because the latter has happen several times, with big area claims that proved to be nothing because they didn't stay anywhere.

They’ve never got as deep as this before. The town of Sudzha is evacuating….who knows if they plan anything more than. a raid but this is drastically bigger than before.

Russian mil channels state that there is a ton of Ukrainian air defense in the area so no aircraft can operate to defend.

Go to the big thread. They are better at posting sources and you can do your own assessments.

Man you are struggling.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#2]

View All Quotes
Is this actual Ukrainian troops going over, or more caw's paw games with Russian rebels? Because the latter has happen several times, with big area claims that proved to be nothing because they didn't stay anywhere.

They’ve never got as deep as this before. The town of Sudzha is evacuating….who knows if they plan anything more than. a raid but this is drastically bigger than before.

Russian mil channels state that there is a ton of Ukrainian air defense in the area so no aircraft can operate to defend.

Go to the big thread. They are better at posting sources and you can do your own assessments.

It’s not 203k deep but sq
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Ronin72:
How do the Ukes go from losing their ass on all fronts, to organizing enough manpower and equipment to launch an offensive that has carried them 200km into Russia and captured a number of Russian towns? Something is fucky here...
View Quote

Shifting munitions/manpower away from active fights for use in a big offensive isn't new, or uncommon.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Specific ROE orders from the strongest bestest POTUS ever.

I'm sure State Dept assholes have been yelling into phones since the incursion "you cannot attack Russia!!! We gave assurances!!!".

Fuck fighting yet another war with hands tied.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

According to what?

I'm sure State Dept assholes have been yelling into phones since the incursion "you cannot attack Russia!!! We gave assurances!!!".

They have had restrictions on specific US weapons.  Ukraine has been striking into Russia for quite a while now.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By eurotrash:
I don’t know why these threads create so much resentment. You all should be happy Ukraine scored a win today.

Unless you support Russia’s unprovoked invasion
View Quote

That is because they do.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:38:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: delemorte] [#6]
let me help you out here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/aug/07/ukraine-incursion-into-russia-kursk-region-continues-into-second-day

A report from one Russia military blogger suggested Ukrainian forces had advanced northwards, possibly as far as nine miles (15km) from the border, along a highway north of the border village of Sverdlikovo, but this could not be verified.
View Quote

Official and unofficial Russian sources reported that a force of several hundred soldiers had crossed a lightly defended part of the border on Tuesday morning. Russia’s defence ministry said on Wednesday that the attack was being neutralised.
View Quote

This makes a lot more sense.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:38:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: delemorte] [#7]
ETA. Odd double tap
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By nmxdavenn:

Reality would be a random push is a good idea when the front is collapsing everywhere else?

They can suffer those losses without it having effects elsewhere where the manpower is desperately needed?
View Quote
"...the front is collapsing everywhere..."

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

According to what?

Any citations to where the US or western Govs. said they cannot hold Russian territory?
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I don’t know why these threads create so much resentment. You all should be happy Ukraine scored a win today.

View Quote

I think because there have been 20,000 previous threads about how great Ukraine is doing at this or that, or how they outsmarted the Russians, and they end up being 80% bullshit.

People get sick of them after a while.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:40:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bama_Rebel] [#11]

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/aug/07/ukraine-incursion-into-russia-kursk-region-continues-into-second-day

View Quote

He  posted that in the 6th post of the thread. But thanks for helping. Geez dude, get out of your feeling.

These are Russian reports. Up to 18k deep and across a 10-12k width of the front.

Reports are coming in from plenty of non-ukraine sources if you want to take a peek.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172926/ukraine2_jpg-3288000.JPG
View Quote

Yup, Ukraine is definitely winning.

Ignore your eyes, independent reporting and maps.

Any day now the Russians will surrender.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I looked around the area on the satellite imagery and it's basically a swath of farmland only delineated by lines drawn on the map. It's better than losing territory but a few 1000 acres of crops isn't going to move the needle much on either side unless that highway is critical for movement.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#14]

I think because there have been 20,000 previous threads about how great Ukraine is doing at this or that, or how they outsmarted the Russians, and they end up being 80% bullshit.

View Quote

Bullshit you all were cheering on Russia since day 1 of the war.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I remember back in February when Russia launched the ill fated Kharkiv offensive one member of the pro Russia crowd was
Crooning how they had collapsed Ukrainian lines and inflicted a major defeat.

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Lol. There have been a handful out of hundreds, doing anything close to cheering on Russia.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Reality would be a random push is a good idea when the front is collapsing everywhere else?

They can suffer those losses without it having effects elsewhere where the manpower is desperately needed?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DaveM4K:

Interesting take but not based on reality.

stick to your day job of larping or whatever it is that you're doing

this is not a topic that you excel at
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#18]
It's just a small incursion. It's just caused a small dent, a bulge, if you will, in the Russian lines. There's never been a time in recorded military history where a bulge in the lines has had any impact on the prosecution of a war, such as diverting enemy forces to counter that bulge. That would be nuts.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172926/ukraine2_jpg-3288000.JPG

Don't be upset when facts show that your position is wrong.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

I understand this. However, GD topics repeat themselves. There is a guy who posts “Which PCC should I buy” every couple months, but never buys one. When I got sick of seeing these topics, I knew it was time to give my eyes a break from GD.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Did they use their shiny new F16's for this?
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#22]

They have had restrictions on specific US weapons.  Ukraine has been striking into Russia for quite a while now.
View All Quotes

According to what?

I 100% guarantee you Ukraine isn’t “allowed” to hold any “traditional/proper” Russian territory whether they could or not.

There was a funny quote I saw after the first report of them entering Sudzha. It said they held a referendum and Sudzha citizens decided to leave Russia for Ukraine lol.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Man you are struggling.
View All Quotes

Man you are struggling.

Naw, he just wasn't making sense. The OP made it sound like they made it 126 miles in. Then he turned around and made it sound like it was 126 square miles controlled which still didn't make sense.

According to news sources (Including CNN) it sounds like another incursion by a few hundred dudes possibly up to 9 miles deep which makes more rational sense and aligns with previous incursions we have seen where they go in, cause some chaos and either get merked or pull back.

That makes more sense vs OMG ukraine invaded Russia and looks to take over kursk. Its just more click baity shit that we see over and over again.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:52:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: delemorte] [#24]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

He  posted that in the 6th post of the thread. But thanks for helping. Geez dude, get out of your feeling.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

These are Russian reports. Up to 18k deep and across a 10-12k width of the front.

Reports are coming in from plenty of non-ukraine sources if you want to take a peek.

I honestly missed it. Double tasking and a fast thread.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:54:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#25]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

Lol. There have been a handful out of hundreds, doing anything close to cheering on Russia.
View Quote

When what you all do is indistinguishable with cheering on Russia you can see how people might get confused.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

12 km inside the russian border
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

Any citations to where the US or western Govs. said they cannot hold Russian territory?
View All Quotes

According to what?

reports are the incursion force was several hundred troops, they arent going to hold anything inside russia but will probably lose ukraine territory in that area
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Russian commentators have noted that three gas pipelines to Western Europe meet at a metering station at Sudzha, which Ukraine just captured.  Should the metering station be unmanned by the evacuation of the staff or be damaged by an errant bomb (or "errant" bomb) Russia would be unable to bill their customers, which they were still supplying as far as I can tell, albeit at a declining quantity as contracts run out.  So this could develop into a significant blow to their finances.
View All Quotes
Russian commentators have noted that three gas pipelines to Western Europe meet at a metering station at Sudzha, which Ukraine just captured.  Should the metering station be unmanned by the evacuation of the staff or be damaged by an errant bomb (or "errant" bomb) Russia would be unable to bill their customers, which they were still supplying as far as I can tell, albeit at a declining quantity as contracts run out.  So this could develop into a significant blow to their finances.

Why would they even need to maskirovka it?  Just blow that fucker sky-high like a T-72 going for the turret-toss record.  It's a war, Russia deserves it.

Also there's the nuclear power plant that the Ukrainian offensive is approaching.

Tradesies!

Originally Posted By nophun:
Suicide. The Russian will murder them and every house, dog, and child who gets in the way.

This smells more of a sacrifice to drag others into this mess.

"This could start WW3!" shrieked the totally-not-pro-Putin bots.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:01:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:

Why would they even need to maskirovka it?  Just blow that fucker sky-high like a T-72 going for the turret-toss record.  It's a war, Russia deserves it.
View Quote
Ukraine has to keep Western Europe happy by remaining a "reliable energy partner".  Anything that might cause the lights to flicker in Munich needs to be Russia's fault.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Yup, the Russian economy is stronk, they totally aren't jacking up interest rates to 18% to prevent the rubble from collapsing, their factories aren't hemorrhaging workers because they keep shanghai'ing Central Asian migrants to die on the front lines, they have plenty of volunteering front-line troops and totally aren't forcibly conscripting randos off the streets, and Great Putin is a master strategist who hasn't been losing submarines to a country without a navy.  Trust what is reported on the Storm-Z telegram channel, comrade, don't believe your lying globohomo news media.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Ukraine has to keep Western Europe happy by remaining a "reliable energy partner".  Anything that might cause the lights to flicker in Munich needs to be Russia's fault.
View Quote

Meanwhile, Hungary.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#32]
uKrAYnE iS wINniNG
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Naw, he just wasn't making sense. The OP made it sound like they made it 126 miles in. Then he turned around and made it sound like it was 126 square miles controlled which still didn't make sense.

According to news sources (Including CNN) it sounds like another incursion by a few hundred dudes possibly up to 9 miles deep which makes more rational sense and aligns with previous incursions we have seen where they go in, cause some chaos and either get merked or pull back.

That makes more sense vs OMG ukraine invaded Russia and looks to take over kursk. Its just more click baity shit that we see over and over again.
View All Quotes

Man you are struggling.

You didn’t tell me which “legitimate news source” you were asking for.

It’s noted that it’s CNN lol.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#34]
First, I haven’t confirmed or debunked this report. If true it’s damned interesting. And it’s one thing to make an incursion. It’s a whole different thing to hold it. I’m thinking it’s a bold strategy Cotton….
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By sporter:
uKrAYnE iS wINniNG
View Quote
Putin thanks you for your support, comrade.

Not even the most pro-Ukrainian fan in this thread is saying that. Sorry if simple news makes you so butthurt.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 1cheapshot:
First, I haven’t confirmed or debunked this report. If true it’s damned interesting. And it’s one thing to make an incursion. It’s a whole different thing to hold it. I’m thinking it’s a bold strategy Cotton….
View Quote

Well we will all sit by and wait while you draft an official position on the matter.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Mach:

reports are the incursion force was several hundred troops, they arent going to hold anything inside russia but will probably lose ukraine territory in that area
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mach:

According to what?

Yeah, but the OP stated that Ukraine wouldn't be allowed to hold Russian territory, which is the citation I was asking for. I know they're limited in strikes using some western weapons in some Russian territory. But never heard they weren't allowed to hold Russian territory.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Capturing a Russian nuke plant would be very interesting
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
I'm a little concerned this is bs by Russia to make as an excuse to use tactical nukes.
View Quote

Field Marshal Boris: Mein Putin, we have the tactical nuclear missiles that you previously authorized ready for launch.  Mein Putin, we, uh, we just need your authorization to launch the weapons.
Herr Putin: Ausgezeichnet!  Ausgezeichnet, FM Boris! And I don't even know what that word means. But, I do know I love saying it.  Of course, of course, launch the missiles.  We will show them we mean business.
FM Boris: Mein Putin, uh.  Mein Putin, there is just one minor problem.
Herr Putin: Aaaand?
FM Boris: Mein Putin, the tactical nuclear missiles ... will be targeting Russian soil.
Herr Putin: The Ukraine has always been Russian soil.  Lesser Russian soil.  We have no problem with this.  Do you not even RBMK, bro?
FM Boris: Mein Putin.  Uh, these missiles will be used on, uh ... Mein Putin, the missiles will be used ... on Kursk region.
Herr Putin: Nein, nein, nein, NEIN!
[pounds table in rage.  little green army men fall over]
Herr Putin:
It'll be a three day war, you said!
It'll be great fun, you said!
Take the Ukraine, Europe will waffle, and we will once again roll onto Berlin, stop at the best nightclubs, and I will get to learn new, fancy German words!
That was the plan!
[takes a deep breath]
Fine.
We will not launch the missiles.  
We will, instead, lure them across the vast flats of The Ukraine, just as we did the Germans in WWII, and they will perish in our infamous Russian winter, and the survivors, if there are any, will be unable to retreat back across the mud, come spring, and we will finish them off.
FM Boris: Um, Mein Putin, they, uh, they already live in Ukraine, and this war has already seen two winters come and go.  I am not sure this plan is one of our best plans.  It is certainly not our worst plan, but not one of our best.
Herr Putin: Damn it! Bring me Prigozhin!  He'll sort this mess out.
Field Marshal Jr Class Igor: Mein Putin.  Mein Putin, I believe you already had him killed last year.
Herr Putin: Impossible!  I don't remember throwing him out a window!  And besides, we are still paying that guy.  I just signed off on his time card in the SAP software, this morning.  And no, not on the first try, no, not even on the third try.  Gott in Himmel, I hate that software!
Field Marshall Jr Class Igor: Mein Putin, you, uh, you asked us to put a bomb in the wing fuel tank of his corporate jet.  So we did.  And we blew him up at an altitude of 8700 meters.
Herr Putin:
Fuck me, running!  
You're not supposed to detonate it.
You're just supposed to put it there.
And then something or other.
And then I move my cattle to Texas.
The entire herd.
For reasons I am still unsure of.
Field Marshall Jr Class Igor: Herr Putin.  Herr Putin, I regret that we have also lost the cattle.  We are not sure where they went.  We got side tracked trying to pick out our clothes for the trip, unsure if this place, this place you call Texas, has cold winters.
Field Marshall Boris: Oh, and uh, Mein Putin, The Ohio State University sent us a cease and desist letter about using the article The in front of Ukraine.  I don't even know why that matters, because this conversation is all in Russian, but I'd just assume we drop it, because I really don't want to have to deal with those cunts.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:17:54 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

A report from one Russia military blogger suggested Ukrainian forces had advanced northwards, possibly as far as nine miles (15km) from the border, along a highway north of the border village of Sverdlikovo, but this could not be verified.

Official and unofficial Russian sources reported that a force of several hundred soldiers had crossed a lightly defended part of the border on Tuesday morning. Russia’s defence ministry said on Wednesday that the attack was being neutralised.

Yes.  That makes much more sense.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#41]
How do the Ukes go from losing their ass on all fronts, to organizing enough manpower and equipment to launch an offensive that has carried them 200km into Russia and captured a number of Russian towns? Something is fucky here...
View Quote

Battle of the Bulge 2: Ukrainian Bugaloo?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

I assume it is square kilometers, which would be a 20x10 area, which is plausible.

Sounds like a WWI offensive. People dying over the same ground over and over.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Are the Ukrainians going to steal all the Russian’s toilets like the Russians did to the Ukrainians when the invaded Ukraine?
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

Shifting munitions/manpower away from active fights for use in a big offensive isn't new, or uncommon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

Find a weak point in the line and capatilize on it to force the adversary to react in haste (including losing multiple aicraft it appears) while weakening other parts of the line for the reinforcements.  It's not like Russia is sitting on a large reserve force.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Likely units that are cutoff or ignored by the main force. I mean they speak basically the same language. Yank the blue,yellow tape off and put white and they look Russian.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Palm:
Are the Ukrainians going to steal all the Russian’s toilets like the Russians did to the Ukrainians when the invaded Ukraine?
View Quote

silly rabbit

Russians don't have toilets
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Can they see the spires of the Kremlin yet (again)?
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:28:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlonzoHarris] [#48]

View All Quotes

Poor UKE-Bro.

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:30:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Subpar] [#49]
This ends when the Ukraine leaves Russia and they go back to pre-August 2024 borders!
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:30:51 AM EDT
[#50]

I honestly missed it. Double tasking and a fast thread.
View Quote

@delemorte

Page / 71
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top