Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 71
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Russia will block the retreat then surround them. It will end badly of they stay for long.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Palm:
Are the Ukrainians going to steal all the Russian’s toilets like the Russians did to the Ukrainians when the invaded Ukraine?
View Quote

Steal them back, you mean.  And, who'd want a toilet that the Russians had been shitting on?
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Subpar:
This ends when the Ukraine leaves Russia and they go back to pre-August 2024 borders!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:37:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sebastian_MacMaine] [#4]
Originally Posted By Ronin72:
How do the Ukes go from losing their ass on all fronts, to organizing enough manpower and equipment to launch an offensive that has carried them 200km into Russia and captured a number of Russian towns? Something is fucky here...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ronin72:
How do the Ukes go from losing their ass on all fronts, to organizing enough manpower and equipment to launch an offensive that has carried them 200km into Russia and captured a number of Russian towns? Something is fucky here...

I see you read ZeroHedge too.  The problem is, you believed ZeroHedge instead of recognizing it as a Russian propaganda outlet.  Sad!  Many such cases.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ukrainian-defenses-collapse-what-can-us-patriots-learn-conflict

Authored by Brandon Smith via Alt-Market.us
Saturday, Aug 03, 2024 - 10:20 PM

In my article ‘Russia Is About To Overrun Ukraine’s Defenses – Why Are There No Peace Negotiations’, published in May, I outlined my reasons for predicting a near term collapse of Ukrainian front line defenses and a sweeping territory grab by Russian forces.

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Hope they don’t rape and kidnap the Russian women!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By luscioman:
Russia will block the retreat then surround them. It will end badly of they stay for long.
View Quote

Russia has almost nothing in that area, so unlikely. They don't have a great number of reserves to pull from to rapidly move into the area. You also assume that the Ukrainians have a desire to try and hold onto that area; which I really don't think is the case. If they do try, then given time, it would very likely end badly.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Well we will all sit by and wait while you draft an official position on the matter.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1cheapshot:
First, I haven’t confirmed or debunked this report. If true it’s damned interesting. And it’s one thing to make an incursion. It’s a whole different thing to hold it. I’m thinking it’s a bold strategy Cotton….

Well we will all sit by and wait while you draft an official position on the matter.

I read his post and I thought who is this guy?  I'm holding my breath waiting on his expert analysis.  Meanwhile over on telegram the Russians are having a fit, some of their comments are interesting to say the least.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Nothingburger.   A minor Dolittle raid at best.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:45:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashHole] [#10]
Would be hilarious if at the end of this all, the Russians lose territory

ETA....Yes, I know it won't happen.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AA717driver:
Hope they don’t rape and kidnap the Russian women!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/197999/IMG_3459_jpeg-3288022.JPG
View Quote

3, 4, 2, 1
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

View Quote

Everyone knows that according to International Law of Special Military Operations, the country being invaded is not allowed to enter the territory of the aggressor state.  Ukraine is going to regret this.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HKPDW:
View Quote

Capturing Sudzha could lead to a lot of havoc being wrought, if they choose to.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Ukraine is not winning.  That is my standard disclaimer from now on.  Dropping Iskander's onto your own villages is not a minor raid.  The Russians are using them to knock out individual BMP's and Bradley's in this "minor" raid.   Why Ukraine is doing this I have no idea because it is not going to end well.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Evil_Ryu:

Square miles. I did a double-take, too.

It's just a raid far from the front-lines, though.  It'll be back to normal in about a week.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Evil_Ryu:
Originally Posted By delemorte:
They captured 126 miles in a day?  I doubt anyone capture 126 miles in a day.

Did someone make it past the front to 136 miles behind the line? Possibly.

Square miles. I did a double-take, too.

It's just a raid far from the front-lines, though.  It'll be back to normal in about a week.
Are the ukes still grabbing people off the street to throw into the war?
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I would imagine Russian troops morale will be high defending Russian territory this might even get more support for the war. What about that north Korean defense pact?

Either way interesting to watch from so far away glad I got nobody in Either of those places.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Reports by Russians say a Russian reserve unit that entered into the area to counterattack the Ukrainian s is now surrounded.

Maybe what you say happens….but the Russians haven’t said that and are saying the opposite.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:56:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#18]
The Russian TASS news agency just put out a call from the Russian Foreign Ministry asking the “world to condemn the Kyiv regimes attack on sovereign Russian territory”.

Some real comical shit lol. This is real.

https://x.com/Archer83Able/status/1821188448130359617?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By nophun:
Suicide. The Russian will murder them and every house, dog, and child who gets in the way.

This smells more of a sacrifice to drag others into this mess.
View Quote

The Russians have been doing that since the war started....
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#20]
"The Nazis Russians entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb invade everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb invade them... They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."

Fuck Russia. The obvious goal with these cross border raids is to force Russia to stretch already thin resources to secure the thousands of miles of border nowhere near the front line. If the Russian citizenry gets feel what it's like to be invaded, even if only for a little while, so much the better. I hope the burn the shit out of every square km they walk through, praise be upon Sherman.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#21]
The best defense is a good offense. Its about time they got off their asses and used some of that military aid to good effect. Now, if you really mean it, keep pushing.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:
It's just a small incursion. It's just caused a small dent, a bulge, if you will, in the Russian lines. There's never been a time in recorded military history where a bulge in the lines has had any impact on the prosecution of a war, such as diverting enemy forces to counter that bulge. That would be nuts.
View Quote

what you did there...
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AA717driver:
Hope they don't rape and kidnap the Russian women!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/197999/IMG_3459_jpeg-3288022.JPG
View Quote
Those women don't take shit from anyone and would kick every suburban woman's ass in the US.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
The Russian TASS news agency just put out a call from the Russian Foreign Ministry asking the “world to condemn the Kyiv regimes attack on sovereign Russian territory”.

Some real comical shit lol. This is real.

https://x.com/Archer83Able/status/1821188448130359617?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
View Quote
I see TASS has adopted the Babylon Bee style manual.  Should we tell them the Bee isn't a real news outlet?
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#25]

Everyone knows that according to International Law of Special Military Operations (better known as Responsibility-2-Protect), the country being invaded is not allowed to enter the territory of the aggressor state.  Ukraine is going to regret this.
View Quote

Look at Libya. It never recovered. But man-on-man rape did go up. The Samantha Powers CIA NATO State Department paradox (same people there- same people here).
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:19:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman] [#26]
View Quote

Depends on how deep Ukraine can get, and what facilities they can get inside.

Kursk has a population of about half a million, if Ukraine can get into power and gas infrastructure supporting the city, they can do immense damage (politically and economically) by taking them out of commission. A demolition team with experts guiding them can do a lot more damage than drones from the air.

Plus several key rail corridors going down from Kursk. Again, much easier to do a thorough controlled demolition of bridges if you control the ground. Taking those railroads out of commission hampers Russian logistics considerably.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Just skimming here but I’ve gotta ask those that know and post in these threads…..

Is this a Russian army collapse?
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:29:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman] [#29]
Originally Posted By sabre_kc:
Just skimming here but I’ve gotta ask those that know and post in these threads…..

Is this a Russian army collapse?
View Quote

Can't collapse if they weren't even really there. Sounds like Russia hardly had any defenses or units in place, thinking Ukraine wouldn't have the balls and manpower to make a bigger incursion into Russia than they did before.

From what I can read, this is at a minimum a loud sharp bitchslap back at the Russians, with potential to be an actual significant punch.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#30]
gAmE oVEr fOuR rUsHA
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:

Russia has almost nothing in that area, so unlikely. They don't have a great number of reserves to pull from to rapidly move into the area. You also assume that the Ukrainians have a desire to try and hold onto that area; which I really don't think is the case. If they do try, then given time, it would very likely end badly.
View Quote

it was 300 men and 30 armoured vehicles
half were destroyed in the first few hours... this is what? like 20th time Ukies have done this? everytime, they kill some civlians then get wiped out....but the "Muh russia losing..." masturbation fantasy must continue i guess
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#32]
The battle of Kursk playing out again, excellent news!

Did the Romans order this for their colosseum

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By nomad07:

half were destroyed in the first few hours... this is what? like 20th time Ukies have done this? everytime, they kill some civlians then get wiped out....but the "Muh russia losing..." masturbation fantasy must continue i guess
View All Quotes

What source are you using for the size of the force?
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Thanks for informing us Vlad!

lol, that’s some goofy shit.

“They have been destroyed comrade!”
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Oh look! Thomas is an idiot
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By eurotrash:
I don’t know why these threads create so much resentment. You all should be happy Ukraine scored a win today.

Unless you support Russia’s unprovoked invasion
View Quote

True

203 sq kms (link in the op) is a box 9 miles on a side so not gigantic but good for Ukraine.
Creates unfavorable optics for the Russians and probably causes them to burn up resources chasing the Ukranian forces.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Go ahead and cite your sources.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
Do they even have anything there to encircle them?
If this is true, it sounds like they got caught pants down.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#39]
No one is winning this without canned sunshine or fallout continental war.....meanwhile China..the real shitbag is co-oping more and more area in the pacific for bases
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By sporter:
gAmE oVEr fOuR rUsHA
View Quote

I love it when the nasty Putinites out themselves.    
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#41]
6 August 2024: Key takeaways from this evening's Ukraine Update by the great team at the Institute for the Study of War:
- Russian sources claimed that Ukrainian forces conducted a series of cross border raids into Kursk Oblast on August 6.
- Russian milbloggers largely dismissed the supposed Ukrainian raids into Kursk Oblast, and Ukrainian officials have largely yet to comment on the raids.
- Russian Security Council Secretary and former Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu heavily overexaggerated Russian advances in Ukraine since mid-June 2024.
- Russian officials continue coordination and military cooperation with Iran ahead of the Iranian retaliatory strike against Israel out of concern for Russian interests in the region. NOTE: a version of this text appears in ISW-CTP's August 6 Iran Update.
- Armenia continues to abstain from the Russia-led Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO).
- Russian forces advanced east of Toretsk.
- The Russian Ministry of Defense (MoD) reportedly issued a formal reply denying a request from the wives of the mobilized Russian personnel to meet with Russian Defense Minister Andrei Belousov.

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Kursk has a population of about half a million, if Ukraine can get into power and gas infrastructure supporting the city, they can do immense damage (politically and economically) by taking them out of commission. A demolition team with experts guiding them can do a lot more damage than drones from the air.

Plus several key rail corridors going down from Kursk. Again, much easier to do a thorough controlled demolition of bridges if you control the ground. Taking those railroads out of commission hampers Russian logistics considerably.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By governmentman:

They haven't made it to the actual Kursk city , they're in the border city of Sudzha still.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Russian commentators have noted that three gas pipelines to Western Europe meet at a metering station at Sudzha, which Ukraine just captured.  Should the metering station be unmanned by the evacuation of the staff or be damaged by an errant bomb (or "errant" bomb) Russia would be unable to bill their customers, which they were still supplying as far as I can tell, albeit at a declining quantity as contracts run out.  So this could develop into a significant blow to their finances.

Also there's the nuclear power plant that the Ukrainian offensive is approaching.

View Quote

OOFF,,, I'm sure a couple large bricks of C4(or "Z4 " as russians call it) would do BAD things to a gas pipeline if said town was under attack, and id imagine that would be some serious lost income for a couple years while pipeline was patched in a war zone...
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#44]
It’s definitely changes the dynamic and also puts some negotiating power in the hands of Ukraine. Just playing defense will not win this for them.

Hopefully they can hold it and take more. But I also This could just lead to more attacks on civilians and Russian launching massive missile attacks on populated areas.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:46:48 AM EDT
[#45]
I don’t know why these threads create so much resentment. You all should be happy Ukraine scored a win today.

View Quote

Because our government is pouring money into a losing war (where Ukraine has no realistic chance of winning alone ) with no realistic plan to end it.

Europe won’t do what it takes to hurt Russia’s economy and the longer  this goes on, the more civilians die.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:50:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Commando223] [#46]
Originally Posted By BigB32:

Because our government is pouring money into a losing war (where Ukraine has no realistic chance of winning alone ) with no realistic plan to end it.

Europe won’t do what it takes to hurt Russia’s economy and the longer  this goes on, the more civilians die.
View Quote

I'll never understand why people care so much about Ukraine here is it because Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi told you to?

It's very interesting to watch from far away but do you Ukebros all have family in Ukraine or something?
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:50:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#47]

Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:50:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#48]

View All Quotes

I see these posts constantly.

I don’t see follows up posts with the posters suggestions for ending the war other than “surrender to Russia”.

Correct me if I’m assuming here, but is your idea of “stopping the war” surrender to Russia?

Is that the only idea out there to “stop the war”?
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#49]
I thought Ukraine had a man shortage , would be a shame if they got encircled by Ivan .
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:52:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#50]

Page / 71
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top