Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#1]
It literally send shivers up my spine when I think about how we used to drink and drive when we were young. How lucky we are we never hurt anyone. Thank God for Uber/Lyft, most people seem to use that option now, though not enough.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NAM:

No victim, no crime.

View Quote

Fucking hell.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Common at that age/culture to get black out drunk and get on the road - try to see it as macho or some shit.

The old timers will pound down a 12/18 in an afternoon/evening, and a lot of the youngsters try to keep up

Source - have worked around construction / trades for 20+ years
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#4]
There are some.groups of people that embrace drunk driving as a cultural identity pretty much.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 10:42:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NY12ga] [#5]
Originally Posted By fast99:
After owning a towing co for 30 years I have seen a lot of DUI crashes. Always seems if anyone lives it's the drunk driver. Some of these crashes are very tragic. A young high school aged scholar with excellent grades, sports star, or a family completely wiped out.  Lives snuffed out by a horrible decision. It effects many people beyond the immediate family. sad
View Quote

The drunk tends to live because they’re either passed out or nearly so and in a relaxed and pliable state. Sober passengers get hurt or killed because they see it coming and brace for impact which in their tense state makes the damage more severe

That’s what the ambulance drivers told me when I survived being rear ended by an 18 wheeler into the back of a stopped greyhound bus. I was sober and did see it coming but I did the math, accepted that I was about to meet God and relaxed into that inevitable fate.

To this day I still can’t explain why or how I did so, but the ambulance drivers were certain my car was holding a fatality when they first arrived on scene
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Creatyre:

There's a large contingent on this very forum that believes drinking and driving shouldn't be illegal until you hurt someone...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RTX:
Unfortunately, it's a cultural norm. Embrace the diversity.

There's a large contingent on this very forum that believes drinking and driving shouldn't be illegal until you hurt someone...

I’m ok with that, as long as the punishment is immediate road side execution.

Have a judge on call to respond to the scene. Witnesses/responders can be the jury. Road crew can dig the trench.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Pattern recognition engaged!
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#10]

No victim, no crime.

View All Quotes

No victim, no crime.

Link Posted: 8/20/2024 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By grey50beast:

As if dui crashes didn't happen before.

5 people in a sedan sounds like a family
View Quote

Illegal alien drunk driving is epidemic and rarely reported.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Not my opinion but not relevant here anyway, in this case he definitely hurt someone.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By LineOfDeparture:

Drunk drivers generally experience less traumatic changes in force. "It's not the speed, it's the sudden stop. "

Folks stopped get rear-ended by dickhead doing 120, they immediately accelerate tp 120mph and all the associated trauma that comes with that rapid acceleration. They're subjected to more traumatic forces than the guy going 120 undergoing a less traumatic deceleration over time.
View Quote

This explains it very well, thank you.  It’s less traumatic to decelerate than accelerate.  The deceleration is transferring (losing) energy to the acceleration.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 11:19:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: feetpiece] [#14]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Eduardo Gonzalez, 19-year-old male of Fort Worth, is charged with five counts of Intoxication Manslaughter with Vehicle and Driving While Intoxicated. [/i]

View Quote

It's like a whole other country

Link Posted: 8/20/2024 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TAG_Match:

This explains it very well, thank you.  It’s less traumatic to decelerate than accelerate.  The deceleration is transferring (losing) energy to the acceleration.
View All Quotes

Drunk drivers generally experience less traumatic changes in force. "It's not the speed, it's the sudden stop. "

Folks stopped get rear-ended by dickhead doing 120, they immediately accelerate tp 120mph and all the associated trauma that comes with that rapid acceleration. They're subjected to more traumatic forces than the guy going 120 undergoing a less traumatic deceleration over time.

Assuming you seat doesn't fail, accelerating is easier to handle than deceleration.  One problem is if you are not moving, you are probably not sitting correctly in the seat so it doesn't provide support.  Another is that the impact is usually not perfectly inline with the car, so once again no real support from the seat.

The reason the impactor(drunk driver) fairs better is they often do not actually decelerate to 0.  They bash through the vehicle they hit and coast to a stop in the bushes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#16]
No hope of justice from our law enforcement, legal, judicial or political system.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 11:49:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stk016] [#17]
Gen z/alpha is overall completely broken. Raised on screens, social media, and no consequences for their actions
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By jwr6:

So, I can shoot in the general direction of you and your family, as long as I don’t hit anyone it’s okay?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jwr6:

No victim, no crime.

So, I can shoot in the general direction of you and your family, as long as I don’t hit anyone it’s okay?

He should be totally fine with it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:00:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mda2bushy] [#19]
editing...

FWPD takes DUI's very very seriously... the recent tragedies are definitely not the byproduct of it being next to impossible to get a DUI/DWI in Tarrant County
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

Not my opinion but not relevant here anyway, in this case he definitely hurt someone.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

My comment was in response to blaming illegals, not really directed towards this incident.

Was simply pointing out that members here are completely OK with it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

This doesn't really make any sense to me.

The accelerating party is gaining energy in direct correlation to the decelerating party losing energy?
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Illegals driving drunk and killing people is like a fucking cultural past time.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:
View Quote

And one of them that is legal will go buy 10 cars and the other 9 make payments to them so they all have tags. It's beyond illegal but no DA has time for that. Then they get to feign outrage come election time.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#24]
….of Ft Worth?

Really?
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By irons04:

I’m ok with that, as long as the punishment is immediate road side execution.

Have a judge on call to respond to the scene. Witnesses/responders can be the jury. Road crew can dig the trench.
View Quote

I think texting and driving should be an offense equal to the State’s DUI punishment.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:
I don't generally believe in the death penalty. But there are exceptions.
View Quote
I totally believe in it, and that we need to fast track it for many of the evil POS bastards that are leeching off hardworking, law-abiding citizens, costing millions of dollars in taxpayer-funded detention.  Those scum-sucking worthless a-holes are watching Netflix, working out, shootin' hoops, 3 squares a day, free medical/dental care, etc....for what?  They're not going to be "reformed."  They're not going to ever do anything positive or good for anybody or society.  
Either ship them off to somalia to fend for themselves, or expedite them to the afterlife.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Erick1744:
Probably an illegal also.
View Quote

I doubt it.  If he was……we would have heard about it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:
https://www.cbsnews.com/texas/news/fort-worth-high-speed-crash-on-35w-leaves-5-people-dead-including-2-children/

Police spokesperson makes it point to say "once the accident report is completed, they'll have more information about his residency, legal status, and things like that..."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/506199/Screen_Shot_2024-08-20_at_9_15_41_AM-3299558.png

Doesn't look like he hit the car at 120 mph. I would expect a lot more damage at that kind of speed.
View Quote
Wow.  So this worthless dirtbag just burned 2 little kids alive...and their families.  He's worse than the worst possible child molester or presidential assassin.  Fuck that guy to 10th power!  We know he's guilty, there's no need for a trial.  Just douse him in gas and set him on fire.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By AZ_M1:
One of Biden's "newcomers"?
View Quote

Obomo called these invaders "dreamers".  He also alluded to creating a "civilian defense force", just as well funded as the military.  It would, of course, be full of "dreamers".
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Drsalee:

View All Quotes

I thought it was strange that the police spokesperson made it a point to say 'they're waiting for the report to be finalized before commenting on his residency or legal status.'
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Alcohol makes you weak.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#32]
What is Eduardo’s citizenship?
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By treelow:
What is Eduardo’s citizenship?
View Quote

Police won't say, yet.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:
Interesting they name the color of the car....
View Quote

"Eduardo Gonzalez" not enough of a clue for you?
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BolivarBill:

View All Quotes

That's a pretty common name down here in Texas.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:
View Quote

Every week in Houston. A lot of them wrong way drivers with multiple offenses already.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Fucking hell.
View All Quotes

No victim, no crime.

Fucking hell.

There’s always one…either trying too hard to be edgy or they really believe it. Bet their tune changes when it happens to their family.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By HighDesert6920:
Wow.  So this worthless dirtbag just burned 2 little kids alive...and their families.  He's worse than the worst possible child molester or presidential assassin.  Fuck that guy to 10th power!  We know he's guilty, there's no need for a trial.  Just douse him in gas and set him on fire.
View Quote

Nidal Hassan is still alive, it's been 15 years.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By sprtpilot:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sprtpilot:
Originally Posted By grey50beast:

As if dui crashes didn't happen before.

5 people in a sedan sounds like a family

Usually because they flee the scene and are long gone when the cops show up. Car usually isn’t even registered to them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Isenhelm:
No hope of justice from our law enforcement, legal, judicial or political system.
View Quote

The cops did their job and arrested the asshole. What the courts decide to do, or not do, is out of the cops hands.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:53:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: www-glock19-com] [#41]
Originally Posted By leib109:
Most he can get is 20 years on each count, and the judge can possibly run each sentence consecutively. That may or may not happen.
View Quote
Serial drunk driver  ran over my buddy at Sturgis in 2011.

He got 7 years
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Fucking hell.
View All Quotes

No victim, no crime.

Fucking hell.
Right...you should be allowed to snipe at random people walking by as long as you miss by 1/4 inch every time...no victim no crime.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By flcracker:
Did Eduardo have a driver's license and insurance? 🤔  Was he a US citizen? 🤔🤔

This is the kind of information that should be included in news stories.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/20/2024 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#44]

I thought it was strange that the police spokesperson made it a point to say 'they're waiting for the report to be finalized before commenting on his residency or legal status.'
View All Quotes

"Because by the time the report's finalized, this will have dropped off Page 1..."  

Not an actual quote, but might as well have been.

Grew up in coastal California Ag country.  You took your life in your hands, driving around Watsonville, Salinas, never mind the Valley, on Sunday afternoon or evening.  For exactly this reason.  It's been a cultural norm for a long time, and MADD never really caught on in the non-Anglo communities.  I imagine those counties in CA, where now, English is a minority language spoken at home, are a lot worse.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Austin4130:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Austin4130:
Originally Posted By HighDesert6920:

The Feds usually don't kill people via the judicial process. McVeigh being the exception proving the rule.  And Hassan was convicted on Federal charges.

McLennan County state murder charges, OTOH, he'd have been dead in Huntsville by now.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 8/20/2024 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

"Because by the time the report's finalized, this will have dropped off Page 1..."  

Grew up in coastal California Ag country.  You took your life in your hands, driving around Watsonville, Salinas, never mind the Valley, on Sunday afternoon or evening.  For exactly this reason.  It's been a cultural norm for a long time, and MADD never really caught on in the non-Anglo communities.  I imagine those counties in CA, where now, English is a minority language spoken at home, are a lot worse.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

That's my assumption as well. My response was to a post saying they doubt it's an illegal, because the news hasn't mentioned it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Accused drunk driver in deadly Fort Worth crash must wear ankle monitor while out on bond

Driver out on bond.

You can’t blame the cops for this.

Tolerant county is 100% to blame.

They let a woman who shot her boyfriend and committed aggravated assault go on probation who then drove drunk and killed a local officer.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#49]

No victim, no crime.

View Quote

" />
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:59:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Papposilenus] [#50]

No victim, no crime.

View Quote

state checks out

I lived in Wisconsin for a while

No where else have I seen drinking and driving as such a cultural norm, including living along the Southern border or a state with a "Bourbon Trail"
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top