Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 6:36:17 AM EDT
[#1]
The use of the number “2” in the article heading instead of “two” is grinding my gears.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 5:02:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:42:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 7:32:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Andrapos:

@wgjhsafT sounds very much like my time at JDS Uniphase

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Andrapos:
Originally Posted By wgjhsafT:

In 1999 a tech firm I worked at had issues, to say the least, with the Chinese really wanting to copy our technology.  We were even briefed on how they are compromised among other nationalities.  

Anyway, the company I worked for then sold equipment to the Chinese (summer 2000ish) who proceeded to reverse engineer them after our field engineers left after commissioning them.  It was...bonkers to say the least.  A year later I was laid off along with a lot of my coworkers due to the tech bubble bursting and our focus primarily on lasers and equipment related to fiber optics.

@wgjhsafT sounds very much like my time at JDS Uniphase

@Andrapos

Yeah similar but we were on the chip manufacturing side for some of that stuff.  The company is now Veeco but that was part of the older company's reorganization and sell off.

Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:40:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: P400] [#12]
House GOP presses Hochul on alleged CCP agent's influence in New York, including secret Chinese police station

"For example, numerous reports have detailed that the CCP operates secret police stations in New York City to monitor, intimidate, and control Chinese New Yorkers and New York State has yet to take serious action against these stations. Did Ms. Sun play any role in the decision to allow these police stations to operate?"  

Last year, two people were arrested in New York City for allegedly operating a clandestine police station in Manhattan's Chinatown for a branch of the Chinese Ministry of Public Security. The U.S. Department of Justice said in the complaint at the time that the defendants had worked together "to establish the first overseas police station in the United States."  
View Quote

If true, that is beyond fucked up.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top