Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 42
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Notrega:
Anyone have anything on why the 4 involuntary manslaughter charges and then only 2 2nd degree murder charges? Why not 4/4
View Quote

Found my own answer…

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Found my own answer…

https://i.imgur.com/gIGUfrf.jpeg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Anyone have anything on why the 4 involuntary manslaughter charges and then only 2 2nd degree murder charges? Why not 4/4

Found my own answer…

https://i.imgur.com/gIGUfrf.jpeg

I've always thought it was silly to say someone faces way more jail time than they could possibly live. Why not just say life in prison without parole, makes more sense to me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Anti-trans?

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

I've always thought it was silly to say someone faces way more jail time than they could possibly live. Why not just say life in prison without parole, makes more sense to me.
View Quote

Because the silly games they play.  180 years doesn't mean 180, even if he did live that long.  Around my part of GA, you can get 2 of 1.  And life doesn't mean life.
It also comes up during appeals.  A single life sentence could get appealed.  But if you have 10 charges that add up to 180, the appeal may overturn 50 years, but you'd still have 130 years left.

And then "life".  What happens if somebody in prison dies and is brought back with CPR and an AED?  Did they not just complete their life sentence?  Technically, they did, so they should be set free.  But that'd be dumb, so we don't do that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Colt Gray appears in court for the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMjxEi6Egg0
View Quote

December 4 is date set for Preliminary Hearing
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like kid had dad snowed…

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-school-schooting-new-audio-alledge-shooter-father-encounter-police-over-2023-online-threats

When the police begin questioning Colin Gray, the father shared more about Gray's home life and the accusation, saying this visit was "bull----" and a terrorist threat.

"He's going through a lot...very difficult for him to go to school and not get picked on," Colin said.

Colin told the officer that he and Colt's mom got divorced and that they had been evicted.

"He struggled at first with the separation. I've been taking him to school. He goes to Jefferson Middle school. He's been doing really good," Colin explained.

The officer acknowledges the severity of the visit and Colin agrees and says that Colt "knows how serious it is, trust me."

Colin claims he's been up to the school multiple times, blames it on other kids touching his son and says Colt wanted to move out of the school district.

Colin then claims he keeps getting picked on and talks about the importance of gun safety.

"Let me ask you this – do you have any weapons in the house?" the officer asks.

"I do," Colin says.

"Are they accessible," the officer then asks.

"They are…I mean there's nothing loaded, but they are…we do a lot of shooting, we do a lot of deer hunting. He shot his first deer this year," Colin says. "like I'm pretty much in shock…I'm pissed off to be honest with you."

"I'm a little taken back by the whole thing, but I can tell you this, I take that very serious and so does he, as a matter of fact," Colin says.

"I don't know anything about him saying s**t like that. And I'm going to be mad as hell if he did, and then all the guns will go away and they won't be accessible to him," Colin continues. "You know, I'm trying to be honest. I'm trying to teach him about firearms and safety and how to do it all and get him an interest in the outdoors."

"Get him away from the video game," the officer responds.

"Yeah. Exactly. Right. That's the best. The God honest truth is, the picture on my phone is him with blood on his cheeks when he shoot his first deer. It's just the greatest day ever," Colin says. "So sure, he knows the seriousness of weapons and what they can do and how to use them and not use them."

"So it's kind of a little bit of a shock. So whatever y'all are telling him, please instill in him what if this is whatever or wherever some come from is no joke. No, like it's no joke," Colin continued.

"We wouldn't be here," the officer said.

"No, I know, I know, and I'm telling you right now we talk about it quite a bit. All the school shootings, things that happen. Yeah, I hear you getting picked on at school. He is. He's getting picked on at school. And. Is everything okay? That's why I keep going up there. No. You know, because you just never you never really know. And I don't want anything to happen to him, so. Yeah. Yeah," Colin finished.

The officer then asks to speak to Colt and Colin agrees to get him.

Colt enters the room and the officer tells him there will be a report. The officer seems to take Colt at his word, and they even share a laugh about people lying to police.

The officer and Colt exchanged small talk about school, the end of school and moving on to high school.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Colt Gray's father, Colin Gray, court appearance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlE3iZskdqs
View Quote

"First appearance hearing" set for December 4
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By macpherson:

So letting a teenage kid have access to firearms is grounds for jail time, or being given a firearm as a gift is a jailable offense?  Because the kid was accused of making a threatening internet post that was not proven, and the kid denied and no charges were filed?  Because it sounds like you all think someone should lose their 2A and parental rights if they are even accused of something without any proof or due process.

Some of you all are using so much hindsight your heads have gone up your asses

Its amazing how even arfcom is right on board with the Reddit liberal trash when it comes to stuff like this.  Now it's not bad enough that the kids do it, burn their parents too.   This is what the anti's are going to use now.  It's going to become SOP that anyone connected to a mass shooter is going to become the scapegoat even if they had no control or no way of knowing or stopping it.  It'll be used as another way to ban and take away guns and it will slide further from there.    And apparently plenty of people even here are just fine with it
View Quote
If you are going to give a minor a firearm you better be damn sure they are mature and stable enough to have it. It is up to the adult to make that determination. My dad gave me guns when I was young, but I wasn't a mental defective pos. Once the old man decided to give his defective crotch fruit a weapon I have no problem with that old man being held responsible for what the little shit did with it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#9]
3rd school in 3 years and had already been interviewed by the fbi because of school threats
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#10]

So letting a teenage kid have access to firearms is grounds for jail time, or being given a firearm as a gift is a jailable offense?  Because the kid was accused of making a threatening internet post that was not proven, and the kid denied and no charges were filed?  Because it sounds like you all think someone should lose their 2A and parental rights if they are even accused of something without any proof or due process.

Its amazing how even arfcom is right on board with the Reddit liberal trash when it comes to stuff like this.  Now it's not bad enough that the kids do it, burn their parents too.   This is what the anti's are going to use now.  It's going to become SOP that anyone connected to a mass shooter is going to become the scapegoat even if they had no control or no way of knowing or stopping it.  It'll be used as another way to ban and take away guns and it will slide further from there.    And apparently plenty of people even here are just fine with it
View Quote
Don't forget letting felons have guns is a Constitutional requirement, and DUI isn't a crime until someone is hurt.
And Weed=Freedom.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:35:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djohn] [#11]
Anti-trans?
View Quote

I don’t think so.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 1cheapshot:

Your kid was investigated for making threats. You reward him with a rifle. Stupid should hurt.
View Quote

The investigation, at the time in 2023, showed that future murderer did in fact did make a terroristic threat(s) to murder students, which is a clear felony in GA.  IT's also a fed felony, which I believe the act met every element of terrorism; because the tipsters were sufficiently "terrorized" and thought it was real.  The cops also displayed a remarkable amount of stupid.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:45:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spunkets] [#14]
Originally Posted By bookertbab:
If you are going to give a minor a firearm you better be damn sure they are mature and stable enough to have it. It is up to the adult to make that determination. My dad gave me guns when I was young, but I wasn't a mental defective pos. Once the old man decided to give his defective crotch fruit a weapon I have no problem with that old man being held responsible for what the little shit did with it.
View Quote

Yep.  Simple responsibility for your actions.  Before the tool was gifted though, the cops also failed to responsibly act on the terrorist threats the kid made, which were Fed and GA felonies.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By kimber_glock_beretta:
3rd school in 3 years and had already been interviewed by the fbi because of school threats
View Quote
This isn't a gun problem, it's a bad parenting problem.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Jagerwerkz:
View Quote

Tweet deleted. Fake news?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

the shooter looks like a regular teen.....Im not seeing the tranny aspect
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:
Originally Posted By Bat15:

The 800# gorilla enters the room. When I saw the booking photo, my first question was what pronouns were used . Could gender reassignment drugs have been a factor?

ETA

The picture is a fake? I would still like to know why he dies his hair blond and wears it like a girl. I know some guys might have long hair but based on the booking photo, he could be mistaken as a girl.

the shooter looks like a regular teen.....Im not seeing the tranny aspect

Same here.  The kid's hair just looks like a typical kid who doesn't give a shit about himself.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Negligent entrustment is a thing in the law, at least civilly. With the Michigan parents convicted and jailed recently for their son's school shooting, I see a trend. I also see a trend in mentally ill trannys doing mentally ill things.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Lol at so many searching for a trans angle in all of this.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Serious question here.  In this and every other 'mass' school shooting thread there is at least one or two posters that state 'bring bullying back'.

Also in mass school shooting 'after the fact' interviews, the school kids state '(the shooter) was picked on, bullied etc...'

For anyone that said we need to bring bullying back (I think it's still here), how do you justify 'bring it back' when it seems to be one of the causes; more bullying, harder bullying, different type of bullying?

@ me if you have a response.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I don’t know if he was gay but apparently kids at school called him gay.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13822217/Georgia-school-shooter-Colt-Gray-bullied-gay.html

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Too many here who aren't able to analyze the situation from a logical point of view because they're too busy making assumptions, jumping to conclusions and thinking with their feelz.  Pretty sad, actually.

Dad might be guilty as homemade sin, but I'm not willing to throw him under the bus until some actual facts come out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:00:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagerwerkz] [#23]
Originally Posted By perfectsilence:

Tweet deleted. Fake news?
View Quote

They deleted the original and reposted it. I'm not sure if this has any truth to it but the dad says he was "bullied for being queer".

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:08:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dlshady] [#24]
Nevermind, not worth it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By fike:
View Quote

CNN brought it up
https://edition.cnn.com/2024/09/05/us/colt-gray-suspect-georgia-shooter/index.html

"The account referenced Adam Lanza, the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter, and in separate posts shared a desire to target an elementary school and expressed frustration with the acceptance of transgender people."
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:14:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#26]
LIVE - Unknown incident at Joppatowne High School in Maryland prompts response from Sheriff's Office

Unknown incident at Joppatowne High School in Maryland prompts response from Sheriff's Office

A fight involving a weapon Friday afternoon led to the evacuation of Joppatowne High School, 11 News has learned. SkyTeam 11 reported at 12:45 p.m. that the school was being evacuated. The sheriff's office told 11 News there is no active situation, but did not immediately specify what deputies are investigating. The district did not immediately specify the type of weapon or extent of injuries. The sheriff's office said a reunification center was set up for parents to pick up their children at Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church (622 Joppa Farm Road, Joppatowne).

Armed fight at Joppatowne High School leads to evacuation
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By dlshady:

Too many here who aren't able to analyze the situation from a logical point of view because they're too busy making assumptions, jumping to conclusions and thinking with their feelz.  Pretty sad, actually.

Dad might be guilty as homemade sin, but I'm not willing to throw him under the bus until some actual facts come out.
View Quote

Once the kid’s lawyer gets done with “teachers and students bullied my client because he was gay”, the father is the only one the state is going to get serious jail time out of.   Kid is probably going to a hospital, not prison.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By jsteves:

CNN brought it up
https://edition.cnn.com/2024/09/05/us/colt-gray-suspect-georgia-shooter/index.html

"The account referenced Adam Lanza, the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter, and in separate posts shared a desire to target an elementary school and expressed frustration with the acceptance of transgender people."
View All Quotes

CNN brought it up

It could very well be associated, but searching for the angle because he has long hair and looks like a casting 101 “outcast” from the last 50 years is all a bit much.

Half the people making the accusations were awkward, chubby, longhairs wearing Slayer shirts in 1987.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:19:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#29]

CNN brought it up

View All Quotes

CNN brought it up

It’s my understanding that they were unable to connect Colt to that discord account. Which is why the authorities could do nothing about what that account stated on the discord. Colt just denied everything.

Has it been proven yet that this was indeed his account?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:
I don’t know if he was gay but apparently kids at school called him gay.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13822217/Georgia-school-shooter-Colt-Gray-bullied-gay.html

View Quote

Pretty sure every male I know and a fair number of females have been called gay quite a few times. If they haven't, it's just a matter of time before they do get called gay for something.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:
Hell, I graduated high school in 2004

I can remember back in middle school we had a clear/mesh backpack requirement.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:
Originally Posted By PacNW5:

Several schools have already started the clear backpack requirement.
Hell, I graduated high school in 2004

I can remember back in middle school we had a clear/mesh backpack requirement.
I'm from the pre backpack era. We carried rifles in our pickups and showed them off to the teachers. One student rode his dirt bike down the main hall of the high school.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Agree.

Colt was picked on.  Maybe if he got his damn hair cut like a man instead of a girl He would not have been picked on?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By saigamanTX:
Moms Demand Action and Students Demand Action

Ah yes Shannon Watts.

Fucking entitled cunt of the highest order.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Post deleted.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#35]

I’m guessing a gift of a car for a 14 year old would bring up questions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _DR:
Originally Posted By hi_capacity:
If CNN reports it, it has to be true.  

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/05/us/winder-georgia-shooting-apalachee-high-school/index.html

The father of the mass shooting suspect accused of killing four people at Apalachee High School in Winder, Georgia, told investigators this week he had purchased the gun used in the killings as a holiday present for his son in December 2023, according to two law enforcement sources with direct knowledge of the investigation.

Colt Gray, a 14-year-old student, is accused of killing two students and two teachers with an AR-style rifle in the Wednesday shooting. Nine more people were hospitalized.

One source told CNN the AR-15-style rifle was purchased at a local gun store as a Christmas present.

The timeline the teen’s father, Colin Gray, provided to authorities would put the gun purchase months after authorities first contacted Gray and his family to investigate school shooting threats made online.

The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office in Georgia closed that investigation because the tip about the threat could not be substantiated.

CNN has made several attempts to reach Colin Gray by phone and in person at the family home.

I wonder if we would get the same level of excitement from CNN if a father had bought his son a car as a holiday gift, and that son had gone out and intentionally killed several students on campus with his car. Would there be a call by democrats to ban all cars of the type used? Would Joe Biden be saying "kids can't concentrate on their schoolwork when they are ducking and covering from hostile car drivers?

I am guessing not.

I’m guessing a gift of a car for a 14 year old would bring up questions.

You guys miss the thread where a mom, knowing her son was an irresponsible speed demon, got him an even faster, more powerful vehicle (BMW X3), which he then proceeded to drive at 100+mph in a 25mph zone, crashing the vehicle, killing a passenger?

Plenty of folks supporting the mother of the deceased, wanting the mother charged for giving the speed demon an even faster vehicle, knowing that he was irresponsible and reckless.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:32:15 PM EDT
[#37]

It could very well be associated, but searching for the angle because he has long hair and looks like a casting 101 “outcast” from the last 50 years is all a bit much.

Half the people making the accusations were awkward, chubby, longhairs wearing Slayer shirts in 1987.
View Quote

I'm not searching for an angle, I'm just relaying what I see online. I couldn't care less what the kid identifies as.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By fike:Lol at so many searching for a trans angle in all of this.
View Quote
Everyone scrambling to be the first viral tweet.
It’s getting traction though, so I’ll hold off discounting it completely just yet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#39]
LIVE - Unknown incident at Joppatowne High School in Maryland prompts response from Sheriff's Office

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDcOcq23X1A

A fight involving a weapon Friday afternoon led to the evacuation of Joppatowne High School, 11 News has learned. SkyTeam 11 reported at 12:45 p.m. that the school was being evacuated. The sheriff's office told 11 News there is no active situation, but did not immediately specify what deputies are investigating. The district did not immediately specify the type of weapon or extent of injuries. The sheriff's office said a reunification center was set up for parents to pick up their children at Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church (622 Joppa Farm Road, Joppatowne).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Kn46EBizo
View Quote

Joppa traditionally has been a mix of blue collar and ghetto, but the Northern boundary gets into some good money. A lot of farmland inside the attendance area has been made into $400+k houses and townhouses in the last 10-15 years.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#40]
I get the impression that discoveries were made "after the fact", finding evidence of some infatuation with mass school shootings on his home computer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Kharn:

Post deleted.

Kharn
View Quote

They deleted the original, here is the new one with sources.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By kimber_glock_beretta:
View Quote

The little shit should have been home schooled and away from regulars schools.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:37:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#43]
View All Quotes

Handing a transgender a gun is akin to giving a terrorist a bomb.

transgenders are essentially insane , and a person screaming for mental health help and screaming via actions that they have no grasp on reality, you should go to jail if you give one a gun, and ARE legally culpable if they shoot someone during a unhinged moment of violence.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:39:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoomerShooter] [#44]
unstable as they come.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#45]
When the police begin questioning Colin Gray, the father shared more about Gray's home life and the accusation, saying this visit was "bull----" and a terrorist threat.
"He's going through a lot...very difficult for him to go to school and not get picked on," Colin said.

Oh for fucks sake. I'm glad they charged the father too. Just because your child is getting bullied doesn't give him the right to murder.  Most of us got picked on in school. I sure as fuck did and I never brought a gun to school to kill people.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
They got their marching orders. Bury that part.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

The crime is NOT giving the kid the firearm.  The crime is being an irresponsible parent.

It is the job of the Prosecution to prove to a jury that the father acted in an irresponsible manner.  That would have to entail a lot more than the mere fact he gave his son a firearm as a Christmas present.

Last year I bought a 10-22 for my 12 year old granddaughter.  It was a present.  However, she only has access to it with strict adult supervision.  If I (or her parents) allowed her access to it and she used it for a crime then we sure as hell would be partially responsible.  It is our job to make sure she uses the firearm responsibly.

It is called responsibility and Colt Grey's parents didn't have it.  

From everything that I have read in the last few days Colt's parents were shitty.  There was even a report that the kid and his sister had to beg neighbors for food because the parents didn't provide.  Sometimes being shitty parents results in really bad consequences.  This seems to be the case.  Lots of lives destroyed here.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kharn:

Post deleted.

Kharn

Again, is that discord account confirmed to be colt?

My understanding that when they investigated him back in 2013 they could never confirm that that discord account was colt’s… which is why LE couldn’t  charge him with anything.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:
It’s getting traction though, so I’ll hold off discounting it completely just yet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:
Originally Posted By fike:Lol at so many searching for a trans angle in all of this.

It could very well end up being a factor, but that isn’t a function of people wanting it to be a factor via trivial evidence. That is the awkward and embarrassing part.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#50]
The states of Georgia and Tennessee should open an investigation into Kasarda and his troon friends over these tragedies.
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top