Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 42
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:27:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 56xdx_Z] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

That’s what I don’t get about these kinds of nutters.

I don’t condone it, but some nutjob getting fired from work, going back and shooting people his warped mind felt had “wronged” him, I can at least understand the motivation behind, even if it’s psychotic to take things that far.

But to go and mindlessly slaughter a bunch of people you don’t know? Kids like this nut, the Buffalo shooter, Hale. There’s no question whatsoever that their minds are warped.
View Quote

Paul Harrell actually made a rant about "How to stop mass shootings", and said that we havent even done the first step of properly defining it.

The teenage gang shooters, the family annihilator shooters, the "going postal" revenge shooters, or the schizos all have motivations, and fall under the stats on mass shootings. But then there are the "Body count" shooters who have none of that, and just want to harm as many as possible
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By NRA_guy:
As crazy as the boy's mom is, I can imagine that the dad gave the boy a gun to protect himself from his mama.

----------------------------
The mother of 14-year-old Georgia school shooter Colt Gray has a lengthy rap sheet including domestic violence, drug use and fraud that led to her being sentenced to jail time last December.

Public records show that Gray's mother, Marcee Gray, has a criminal record dating back to 2007 and spent time in jail as recently as this past April and was banned from contacting father Colin without a third party intermediary.

Marcee, 43, has a record across four Georgia counties and includes drug use, domestic violence and property damage, as well as civil claims of fraud.

She was arrested November 6, 2023, on allegations of possession of meth, fentanyl and muscle relaxants but was never charged on the drugs, only the vehicle fraud.

Last December, she pled guilty to counts of using a license plate to conceal identity, damage to property and trespassing/family violence, as she used a tag for a Nissan Kick to conceal the identity of her Nissan Rogue.

On December 21, she was sentenced to five years in jail and banned from having any contact with Colt's father Colin, as well as paying out $1,500 to an Atlanta construction company in restitution.

Gray only had to spend 46 days in confinement before getting the rest on probation, while also having to take part in a family violence intervention program and not use drugs or alcohol.

On April 12, she was charged in connection with a November 4 aggravated battery against a 73-year-old woman, as well as theft, false imprisonment, criminal trespass and failure to appear when she threw the woman against a wall.

She also taped the elderly woman's hands and feet to keep her from leaving and broke a bathroom mirror in the woman's home.

Gray's other charges include misdemeanor traffic offenses in 2019, a speeding charge in 2014 and traffic offenses in 2007.

Aside from the 46 days in confinement, the most she was ever punished was 12 months of probation and 40 hours community service.

She also has been accused of civil fraud by a local Chevrolet dealership, saying she bought a 2018 Suburban with a $10,000 check with her and Colin's names on is that was 'dishonored due to lack of funds'.

Gray was ordered to pay over $19,000 in restitution and attorney fees, with records showing that Colin's paychecks were being garnished to help pay down the debt.

"There were nights where the mom would lock Colt and his sister out the house. And they would be banging on the back door, just screaming like 'Mom! mom! mom!' and crying. It was absolutely devastating," a neighbor said. She added that Marcee was often clearly intoxicated, even when driving her children. "'I would find her in the driveway, passed out, with the car running and blaring music early in the morning," the neighbor added.

---------------------------------------------
His mama's history
View Quote
That's a fine trail of, "nobody's gonna do anything to stop her, the world is an awful place."  
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:31:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pioneer1] [#3]
Good point about the kid telling people or family knowing. But without the father actually admitting it- they would have had to prove in court that he 'gave it over to his son for keeping'.  

Buying it, and letting the son shoot it under adult supervision can be argued is responsible- even under the screwed up circumstances. Giving it over to the son for keeping- and then admitting it is where he fucked up.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By vectorsc:
What are you willing to do to 72 million children in our nation to save the lives of the 30 or so that die in school shootings every year?  

TSA like checkpoints?  Mandatory voice, audio, and video surveillance?   Terrifying active shooter drills that make sure every child in America knows that they could be shot in a school setting?  Social media campaigns of terror that indoctrinate.  Control.  We need to control them.  Control everything!  Make them long for the freedom of going to prison compared to their schools.  

THEN we need to set the bullies loose on them and make sure they know that despite all of this, there is nobody there to help you with the actual thing ruining your school life.  Reinforce this point.  Bury them in violent music, psychiatric drugs, very non-subtle statements that they are evil if they are straight and white...etc etc etc.  

Its AMAZING that ONLY 30-ish kids die each year in something like this.  I'm sure the social programmers are disappointed in how stable everyone actually is at the end of the day.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 56xdx_Z:

Paul Harrell actually made a rant about "How to stop mass shootings", and said that we havent even done the first step of properly defining it.

The teenage gang shooters, the family annihilator shooters, the "going postal" revenge shooters, or the schizos all have motivations, and fall under the stats on mass shootings. But then there are the "Body count" shooters who have none of that, and just want to harm as many as possible
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 56xdx_Z:
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

That's what I don't get about these kinds of nutters.

I don't condone it, but some nutjob getting fired from work, going back and shooting people his warped mind felt had "wronged" him, I can at least understand the motivation behind, even if it's psychotic to take things that far.

But to go and mindlessly slaughter a bunch of people you don't know? Kids like this nut, the Buffalo shooter, Hale. There's no question whatsoever that their minds are warped.

They have no interest in doing that.

The definition of mass shooting got changed several years ago to intentionally make things seem like these type of events were happening all of the time.

They conflate urban gang violence in Chicago as being exactly the same as this type of school shooting on purpose.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Bat15:

The 800# gorilla enters the room. When I saw the booking photo, my first question was what pronouns were used . Could gender reassignment drugs have been a factor?

ETA

The picture is a fake? I would still like to know why he dies his hair blond and wears it like a girl. I know some guys might have long hair but based on the booking photo, he could be mistaken as a girl.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bat15:

The 800# gorilla enters the room. When I saw the booking photo, my first question was what pronouns were used . Could gender reassignment drugs have been a factor?

ETA

The picture is a fake? I would still like to know why he dies his hair blond and wears it like a girl. I know some guys might have long hair but based on the booking photo, he could be mistaken as a girl.
Because he's a 14 year old kid? That's incredibly mild by today's standards. I saw his pic and wondered why he had a '70s haircut.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:39:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheOTHERmaninblack] [#7]
Originally Posted By macpherson:

So letting a teenage kid have access to firearms is grounds for jail time, or being given a firearm as a gift is a jailable offense?  Because the kid was accused of making a threatening internet post that was not proven, and the kid denied and no charges were filed?  Because it sounds like you all think someone should lose their 2A and parental rights if they are even accused of something without any proof or due process.

Some of you all are using so much hindsight your heads have gone up your asses

Its amazing how even arfcom is right on board with the Reddit liberal trash when it comes to stuff like this.  Now it's not bad enough that the kids do it, burn their parents too.   This is what the anti's are going to use now.  It's going to become SOP that anyone connected to a mass shooter is going to become the scapegoat even if they had no control or no way of knowing or stopping it.  It'll be used as another way to ban and take away guns and it will slide further from there.    And apparently plenty of people even here are just fine with it
View Quote
Willkommen to Neu ARFcom, citizen.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By perfectsilence:

Tweet deleted. Fake news?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By perfectsilence:
Originally Posted By Jagerwerkz:

Tweet deleted. Fake news?
End wokeness doesn't have a stellar record.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:51:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#9]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
Velcompt to Neu ARFcom, citizen.
View All Quotes

So letting a teenage kid have access to firearms is grounds for jail time, or being given a firearm as a gift is a jailable offense?  Because the kid was accused of making a threatening internet post that was not proven, and the kid denied and no charges were filed?  Because it sounds like you all think someone should lose their 2A and parental rights if they are even accused of something without any proof or due process.

Its amazing how even arfcom is right on board with the Reddit liberal trash when it comes to stuff like this.  Now it's not bad enough that the kids do it, burn their parents too.   This is what the anti's are going to use now.  It's going to become SOP that anyone connected to a mass shooter is going to become the scapegoat even if they had no control or no way of knowing or stopping it.  It'll be used as another way to ban and take away guns and it will slide further from there.    And apparently plenty of people even here are just fine with it
Nobody in this thread said teenage kids having access to firearms or giving guns as gifts should be a crime. They are saying you shouldn't give a gun to anyone that is suspect of being violent or deranged. How many times has the FBI come to your house over complaints of your kid? I'm gonna guess this is not a common occurrence and should be alarm bells for any father.

What are the odds that the kid didn't make any threats and then 12 months later is a school shooter?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:

Agree.

Colt was picked on.  Maybe if he got his damn hair cut like a man instead of a girl He would not have been picked on?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
Originally Posted By bookertbab:
If you are going to give a minor a firearm you better be damn sure they are mature and stable enough to have it. It is up to the adult to make that determination. My dad gave me guns when I was young, but I wasn't a mental defective pos. Once the old man decided to give his defective crotch fruit a weapon I have no problem with that old man being held responsible for what the little shit did with it.

Agree.

Colt was picked on.  Maybe if he got his damn hair cut like a man instead of a girl He would not have been picked on?
When I was 12, my family moved from Chicago to a rural Wisconsin town. My hair, while not dyed, was just about as long as this kid's. I was the single long hair in a sea of sunburned necks. I got picked on for it, but I never cut it, because fuck them. Eventually, I made friends and got a nickname, again because of the hair, and life moved on.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By networkguru:
So it sounds like the kid "may have" used a VPN and it created reasonable doubt.

Not that 13yo's cant lie well but the ability to keep it together and actually create rapport with one of the officers while knowing you could get into deep trouble shows some sociopathic tendencies perhaps.
View Quote
Growing up with that mom would could create, not only that kind of monster, but also hone the ability to distance yourself from the world sufficiently to hold it together. For most of us, sitting across from a deputy who could seriously jam us up at 13 would have been a major emotional event. For kids like that, it's Tuesday.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Pioneer1:
Absolutely flabbergasted and astounded that the father would ever actually admit that he bought the gun 'for the son'. In this case, that's tantamount to asking to go to jail.

Without that admission by him it couldn't be proven and the framing of the case would be 'he took my gun without permission' which would look much better for the father's defense.
View Quote
That vast majority of "regular" people default to telling the cops the truth, believing they are the good guys. Probably never occurred to him to lie. That sort of thought (along with the advice to STFU) is reserved for us cynics.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

I wonder what "photos of firearms" he shared online, since he wasn't given the murder weapon until months later.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Liberal Media PANIC DELETES Post After LYING About JD Vance DISMISSING Georgia Mass Shooting

Here's what he actually said (6:27)

Liberal Media PANIC DELETES Post After LYING About JD Vance DISMISSING Georgia Mass Shooting!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By _DR:

You'll probably applaud when they start prosecuting anyone related to a gun crime perp for manslaughter/homicide as a gun control measure.

Guilt by association. It's just asinine as holding the firearm manufacturer responsible for the murder.
Or the ammo manufacturer.
Everyone associated with the firearm is responsible for the murder now, not just the perp. That's what I call mental gymnastics, democrat gun grabber style.

View Quote

Hardly is that what I was saying.  The mental gymnastics are just jumping to conspiracy theory's about whatever ABC .gov organization is on GD's shitlist that month.  I'm about as against the FBI as anyone is regards to them being against "us" and absolute fuckups to the max, doesn't mean it was a conspiracy.

Also, big difference between holding a manufacturer of an inanimate object accountable and holding a father who knowing gave his son an AR15 after he threatened a school and was questioned by authority's.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Rum_Ham_Jabronie:
I haven’t seen anything that says what caliber the rifle was. I’m wondering if it was a .22lr in my opinion I don’t think a 14 year old is ready for a .223/556 but a .22 AR is not much different than a 10/22 which is appropriate for a responsible teenager. I got my first .22 around that age.
View Quote

A 14yr old isn't ready for a 5.56?

Please tell me that's sarcasm?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Chida66:

Did your dad help hold the rifle for you until you graduated high school?

Jesus…..

My son was hunting with a .300 WinMag at 14.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chida66:
I haven’t seen anything that says what caliber the rifle was. I’m wondering if it was a .22lr in my opinion I don’t think a 14 year old is ready for a .223/556 but a .22 AR is not much different than a 10/22 which is appropriate for a responsible teenager. I got my first .22 around that age.

Did your dad help hold the rifle for you until you graduated high school?

Jesus…..

My son was hunting with a .300 WinMag at 14.

No shit, by 14 I had a .357, .243, 7mm Rem Mag and a 12gauge.  Lots of kids are also driving around here by 14.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Kingdead:
Nobody in this thread said teenage kids having access to firearms or giving guns as gifts should be a crime. They are saying you shouldn't give a gun to anyone that is suspect of being violent or deranged. How many times has the FBI come to your house over complaints of your kid? I'm gonna guess this is not a common occurrence and should be alarm bells for any father.

What are the odds that the kid didn't make any threats and then 12 months later is a school shooter?
View All Quotes

SO went to his house, not FBI. I've had to field numerous complaints over a couple of my kids acting out, although, given where I live and the nature of the incidents, I only dealt with the schools and was able to head it off before LEO got involved. Younger son thought it was funny to bite people well into junior high, and mom thought it was hilarious, so she encouraged it. Just as an example.

Just to be clear, all of my guns are locked up. 2 of the kids had the combination, 2 didn't. All 4 are grown now, youngest son is still not right. Also a Bernie bro, but I repeat myself.

I've also had numerous interactions with CPS. Because my ex is BPD. It took me YEARS to clear my name of the bullshit she accused me of, and CPS lapped that shit up like gravy, lemme tell you! Every word she said was believed without doubt, while any witnesses I provided were shut out. I still expect her to make a call if Red Flag laws ever go national. And she wasn't even a meth head, just broken.

And yet, half of this thread is "the father is criminally responsible," based on ONE contact with local SO. I stand by my prior post. If it turns out the dad knew, I'll reevaluate. But until then, I'm withholding judgement.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ffemt596:

I'm close enough to this to know that there is an extensive DFACS file on Colt.  Lots of troubles.  Still, not an excuse for murder.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ffemt596:
Well sure- something made that kid's life so damn bad that he would forfeit his life and freedom and have no compassion for others to be able to do this. That's what we'd all like to know. Something, somewhere, was majorly broken fucked up wrong. What was it? Unless the reasons are purposely being hidden from us, we ought to be able to make some sort of sense of it.

I lived thru some kinda bad shit in my teen years and not once did the remote thought of doing something like this ever enter my mind.

Abusive family? Run away, get help from other family, involve child services. Bullied or harassed at school? Tell counselors, tell the teacher, worse case lay low and know it will pass in a few years and you'll be out of school. 14 is a little young for such girl troubles as to drive a guy that far off the rails. The oppressed gender confusion angle?

What goes on that the answer is to take out random people who haven't actually done you harm or wrong? It's just not logical, or normal human behavior.  

I could understand revenge for wrongs done, but in that case, it would be targeted at individuals and they would have to know the last place to carry that out successfully would be at a school.

All I can figure is it's tied in to the media cult and notoriety of media exposure of the acts  somehow. But that's foreign because that's the last type of thing most 14 year olds want.

Beats me. But looking for something that makes any sense at all is what grabs my attention on these threads.    

I'm close enough to this to know that there is an extensive DFACS file on Colt.  Lots of troubles.  Still, not an excuse for murder.

Not an excuse for murder, but definitely bolsters the case against his dumbass dad buying him a rifle.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:53:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#20]
SO went to his house, not FBI. I've had to field numerous complaints over a couple of my kids acting out, although, given where I live and the nature of the incidents, I only dealt with the schools and was able to head it off before LEO got involved. Younger son thought it was funny to bite people well into junior high, and mom thought it was hilarious, so she encouraged it. Just as an example.

Just to be clear, all of my guns are locked up. 2 of the kids had the combination, 2 didn't. All 4 are grown now, youngest son is still not right. Also a Bernie bro, but I repeat myself.

I've also had numerous interactions with CPS. Because my ex is BPD. It took me YEARS to clear my name of the bullshit she accused me of, and CPS lapped that shit up like gravy, lemme tell you! Every word she said was believed without doubt, while any witnesses I provided were shut out. I still expect her to make a call if Red Flag laws ever go national. And she wasn't even a meth head, just broken.

And yet, half of this thread is "the father is criminally responsible," based on ONE contact with local SO. I stand by my prior post. If it turns out the dad knew, I'll reevaluate. But until then, I'm withholding judgement.
View All Quotes

As a father my first thought wouldn't be "Fuck the FBI they are all just leftists hacks against Trump. I'm gonna trust my son 100% and not investigate further".

When we got through the interrogation, I would:

1) Lock up all guns or take them out of the house.
2) Take away all computer and cellphone access from the child.
3) Review the history of the computer. See if he was using discord often. See if he was using VPNs. Try to see if there was ANY possibility that the FBI wasn't wrong.
4) Take the kid to a psychiatrist / therapist.

I most definitely would not take a sovereign citizen, fuck the FBI and law enforcement, everything I don't like is WOKE! and buy my son an AR15. I'd actually be a real dad to him and not let him fuck up his own life and many others. Again I don't know how I feel about codifying laws to go after parents, but parents should try to give a fuck about raising their kids.

ETA: Sorry to hear about your troubles I am sure that is infuriating.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I live in Barrow County, and have met some of the sheriff’s deputies and SROs who responded.  This whole thing is still too raw for everyone, so I haven’t tried to make contact with them.  

At this point, it appears that the shooter’s father was the pivot point that made this whole thing possible.  When I was a kid, I knew where my Dad’s shotgun was in the closet.  I knew where the ammunition was.  I knew where his .38 Special was.  I also knew that if I touched them without permission, I would be in serious trouble.  When I was 12 he gave me a bolt action .22 and the single shot 20ga he had previously used - but they were out only when I was with him.  We plinked tin cans together.  We hunted together.  OBTW, Mom took us to church every Sunday.  And no abuse.  Perfect family?  Not even close.  But steadfastly on the right side on the question of mass murder.

I wonder if part of the whole school shooting phenomenon is tied to mass exposure of similar events.  I say that because the Clutter family murders also happened when I was a kid - just a couple of hours down the road.  Proximity and knowledge to be sure, but no 24/7 news channels.

From the early reports so far, the Barrow County shooter’s parents apparently abused him, ignored his episode of flirting with school shootings, and then bought him a semi-automatic centerfire rifle.  Whether legally responsible under Georgia law, or not, this father needed a Leroy Jethro Gibbs slap up side the head.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

Again, is that discord account confirmed to be colt?

My understanding that when they investigated him back in 2013 they could never confirm that that discord account was colt’s… which is why LE couldn’t  charge him with anything.
View Quote

Dude, give it up.   This is GD.  Half the people here think T$ is going to open the machinegun registry. You think they’re grounded enough to give a shit about “proof” regarding a discord account?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

The FBI didn’t go to the family, the local popo did, and it sounds like that wasn’t the first time the man had been involved with the family.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:18:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

What did the post(s) actually say and what did the pictures show?
View Quote

They were characterized by the FBI and GA LE as specific terroristic threats to shoot up schools containing images of guns, which is all I know with certainty and that those threats were backed up as such by the tipsters.  No one has presented any results from a FOI request or FBI/GA LEO release.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:20:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Rebel31:

They have no interest in doing that.

The definition of mass shooting got changed several years ago to intentionally make things seem like these type of events were happening all of the time.

They conflate urban gang violence in Chicago as being exactly the same as this type of school shooting on purpose.
View Quote

True, and they have no interest in solving the problem.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:39:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEROMechanic] [#26]
Too bad the son can't get the death penalty.  Both he and his father deserve nothing less.

Imagine your son making school shooting threats, then moving him to a new district and not notifying them of his previous problems and then buying him a gun for christmas.

ETA: And of course both the FBI and local LEO's fail to take action ahead of time.  Shocking.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By NIevo:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NIevo:

..my 9yr old shoots my .22. He can legally hunt whitetail at 14.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By spunkets:

They were characterized by the FBI and GA LE as specific terroristic threats to shoot up schools containing images of guns, which is all I know with certainty and that those threats were backed up as such by the tipsters.  No one has presented any results from a FOI request or FBI/GA LEO release.
View Quote

The posts also were: "expressing frustrations with the treatment of transgender people". His father told police he was gay, and was being bullied over it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By jwr6:

Dude, give it up.   This is GD.  Half the people here think T$ is going to open the machinegun registry. You think they’re grounded enough to give a shit about “proof” regarding a discord account?
View Quote

It's lining up like the discord account was his. I'm not sure there will ever be "proof". There's already sufficient evidence to accept that it's true.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:10:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: odiedodi] [#30]

Dude, give it up.   This is GD.  Half the people here think T$ is going to open the machinegun registry. You think they're grounded enough to give a shit about "proof" regarding a discord account?
View Quote
What we know about it from what was explicitly stated is proof enough for me, given the circumstances. The only way we'd have irrefutable proof is if he recorded himself writing the posts in high definition. The alternative that he wanted us to believe is that he was hacked, and the hacker deliberately went out of their way to post that shit. While that's technically possible, it virtually has a 0% chance of being true.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By spunkets:

View Quote

Meh.   Having had to deal with similar calls over the years Id have to see what was actually said and I'll default to the SO saying there wasnt any PC for an arrest when they did the interview at this point.   When it comes to threats of school shooters agencies tend to be on the overzealous side of things when it comes to responses.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:46:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#32]

Meh.   Having had to deal with similar calls over the years Id have to see what was actually said and I'll default to the SO saying there wasnt any PC for an arrest when they did the interview at this point.   When it comes to threats of school shooters agencies tend to be on the overzealous side of things when it comes to responses.
View Quote
What are the odds the FBI being 100% wrong with Colt Gray? Did they randomly find a kid who had nothing to do with nothing and then became the very thing they were investigating in less than 1 year?

Either way as Colt's dad, my spidey senses would have been tingling. I would have kept the kid on an extremely short leash until I was convinced he wasn't the killer he would turn out to be.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Former landlord reveals how father of Georgia school shooter 'kicked in the door' to retrieve guns and heartless treatment of their German shepherds

A former landlord to the parents of accused Georgia school shooter, Colt Gray, has portrayed the family as both cold hearted and callous.

The man, who spoke on condition of anonymity, described how Colin, 54, and Marcee Gray, 43, were allegedly chaotic tenants to deal with and he ultimately had them evicted.

Even more shockingly, he said, when the now estranged couple fell behind on their rent and were forced from their rental home in 2020, they decided to leave their pets behind, only returning to retrieve their guns - and allegedly kicking down the front door as they did so.

'The craziest part of all is that they left [their] two German Shepherds,' the landlord told The Independent.

'I imagine the next place where they were renting didn't allow dogs, so they just left them.'

The landlord explained that even when he tried to contact the couple to reunite them with their pets, they weren't interested and ignored his calls.

The pair have suddenly become the center of attention after the alleged actions of their 14-year-old son, Colt, accused of fatally gunning down four people and injuring nine more at Apalachee High School in Winder, Georgia.

Details have since emerged of prior arrests and earlier this week charges filed against the father for allegedly giving his son the weapon used in the shooting.

Concern for their guns aside, it appears the couple were as cavalier with their pets as they were with their possessions.

'They left their wedding photos,. My wife tried to contact her to say, 'Hey, do you want these? Like, you can have them.' And she never responded. So we ended up having to throw away their wedding pictures,' the landlord explained.  

Looking back at his time dealing with the pair, he claims that he had a 'bad feeling' about the couple from the start.

At first it was was little things including the refusal by Colin to look at him in the eye, or even shake his hand.

The landlord also noted how then-wife, Marcee, had a long rap sheet for drug possession while also seeming to be 'scared as hell' of her husband.

It wasn't long the before the couple fell behind on their rent and the family, that included their three children, were forced to vacate the rental home, leaving behind the family's dogs and a host of other random objects including a golf bag, archery set and various tools.

Owing thousands of dollars in unpaid rent, the Grays were not quick to leave and ultimately the unnamed landlord was forced to change the locks in order to get the family out once and for all.

When dad Colin Gray returned to collect something he did care about - his weapons - he was forced to 'kicked in the door to get his guns out.'

The landlord reported the break-in to the police but was recommended not to press any criminal charges as he had only 'stolen' his own belongings back.  

It was only when Colin and Marcee's names made headline news earlier this week the landlord recalled his unsettling encounters with the family having 'kind of forgotten about them.'

More
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Well if we can confirm the dad is the type to abandon family dogs I think we'll all be much cooler with incarceration now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:37:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:
Well if we can confirm the dad is the type to abandon family dogs I think we'll all be much cooler with incarceration now.
View Quote

99% of dogs are better than 99% of humans
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

Again, is that discord account confirmed to be colt?

My understanding that when they investigated him back in 2013 they could never confirm that that discord account was colt’s… which is why LE couldn’t  charge him with anything.

You think it someone made a fake account, made it look like he was threatening to shoot up the school and then he actually shot up the school?  That is quite a bizarre conspiracy theory/coincidence.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Good point about the kid telling people or family knowing. But without the father actually admitting it- they would have had to prove in court that he 'gave it over to his son for keeping'.  

Buying it, and letting the son shoot it under adult supervision can be argued is responsible- even under the screwed up circumstances. Giving it over to the son for keeping- and then admitting it is where he fucked up.
View Quote

Idiot pieces of shit like this dad tend to brag to friends, coworkers and relatives."You gave your son a new cell phone.  That ain't shit.  I gave MY son an AR15 and 500 rounds of ammo.   He will keep it secured under his bed!"
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Former landlord reveals how father of Georgia school shooter 'kicked in the door' to retrieve guns and heartless treatment of their German shepherds

A former landlord to the parents of accused Georgia school shooter, Colt Gray, has portrayed the family as both cold hearted and callous.

The man, who spoke on condition of anonymity, described how Colin, 54, and Marcee Gray, 43, were allegedly chaotic tenants to deal with and he ultimately had them evicted.

Even more shockingly, he said, when the now estranged couple fell behind on their rent and were forced from their rental home in 2020, they decided to leave their pets behind, only returning to retrieve their guns - and allegedly kicking down the front door as they did so.

'The craziest part of all is that they left [their] two German Shepherds,' the landlord told The Independent.

'I imagine the next place where they were renting didn't allow dogs, so they just left them.'

The landlord explained that even when he tried to contact the couple to reunite them with their pets, they weren't interested and ignored his calls.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/09/07/02/89371507-13823345-Colin_Gray_54_the_father_of_Apalachee_High_School_shooter_Colt_G-a-14_1725671400551.jpg

The pair have suddenly become the center of attention after the alleged actions of their 14-year-old son, Colt, accused of fatally gunning down four people and injuring nine more at Apalachee High School in Winder, Georgia.

Details have since emerged of prior arrests and earlier this week charges filed against the father for allegedly giving his son the weapon used in the shooting.

Concern for their guns aside, it appears the couple were as cavalier with their pets as they were with their possessions.

'They left their wedding photos,. My wife tried to contact her to say, 'Hey, do you want these? Like, you can have them.' And she never responded. So we ended up having to throw away their wedding pictures,' the landlord explained.  

Looking back at his time dealing with the pair, he claims that he had a 'bad feeling' about the couple from the start.

At first it was was little things including the refusal by Colin to look at him in the eye, or even shake his hand.

The landlord also noted how then-wife, Marcee, had a long rap sheet for drug possession while also seeming to be 'scared as hell' of her husband.

It wasn't long the before the couple fell behind on their rent and the family, that included their three children, were forced to vacate the rental home, leaving behind the family's dogs and a host of other random objects including a golf bag, archery set and various tools.

Owing thousands of dollars in unpaid rent, the Grays were not quick to leave and ultimately the unnamed landlord was forced to change the locks in order to get the family out once and for all.

When dad Colin Gray returned to collect something he did care about - his weapons - he was forced to 'kicked in the door to get his guns out.'

The landlord reported the break-in to the police but was recommended not to press any criminal charges as he had only 'stolen' his own belongings back.  

It was only when Colin and Marcee's names made headline news earlier this week the landlord recalled his unsettling encounters with the family having 'kind of forgotten about them.'

More
View Quote

Maybe this will stop the bizarre defense of this scumbag family by some posters here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#39]
As a father my first thought wouldn't be "Fuck the FBI they are all just leftists hacks against Trump. I'm gonna trust my son 100% and not investigate further".

3) Review the history of the computer. See if he was using discord often. See if he was using VPNs. Try to see if there was ANY possibility that the FBI wasn't wrong.

I most definitely would not take a sovereign citizen, fuck the FBI and law enforcement, everything I don't like is WOKE! and buy my son an AR15. I'd actually be a real dad to him and not let him fuck up his own life and many others. Again I don't know how I feel about codifying laws to go after parents, but parents should try to give a fuck about raising their kids.

View All Quotes

Again, it wasn't the FBI, it was the local sheriff's department. They purportedly contacted him once, and left without taking any action. Nearly everything you propose, assuming that single interaction was the only one with law enforcement, is an overreaction, and comes across as kind of hysterical.

I don't know where the sovereign citizen nonsense came from, but what you wrote in conjunction with that term is at least  hyperbolic. At most, more hysteria.

The deputies seemed to have at least gone along with the kid's claims, so why shouldn't the dad? And if they'd have asked to see the kid's computer/phone, based on the rest of what I heard, he'd likely have said, "go ahead on." I wonder if the deputies would have looked for signs a VPN was being used?

We don't (at least I  don't) have any idea how tech savvy the dad is. How sure are we that the dad even knew what a VPN is? Kid seems to know enough to have hidden anything sus from your standard normie. I mean, he was leaving clues in cyrillic, FFS.

Maybe my history with the system has given me a different perspective. And I'm perfectly willing to condemn the dad if information comes out that he knew more than it currently appears. ATM, though, I'm not going full Superkaren and leap tall buildings of assumption to blame him for not being as tech savvy or suspicious as the denizens of a political/gun forum.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:57:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#40]
Am I wrong for thinking the hunting pictures look a little odd?

His dad said he got his first deer this year and he had blood on his cheeks so you know he appreciates what guns are capable of.

Those pictures look like he smeared blood on his cheeks like an indian caricature and they were not from tracking and gutting the animal.

It's a minor point but I can't help but see the warning signs colt may have been a very troubled little boy. Why is there blood on both cheeks before he gutted the deer?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By DonS:

It's lining up like the discord account was his. I'm not sure there will ever be "proof". There's already sufficient evidence to accept that it's true.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DonS:

Dude, give it up.   This is GD.  Half the people here think T$ is going to open the machinegun registry. You think they're grounded enough to give a shit about "proof" regarding a discord account?

Yeah, i suspect that, now the authorities have his electronics, if they really want to, they'll be able to find the tracks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:02:17 PM EDT
[#42]
What are the odds the FBI being 100% wrong with Colt Gray? Did they randomly find a kid who had nothing to do with nothing and then became the very thing they were investigating in less than 1 year?

Either way as Colt's dad, my spidey senses would have been tingling. I would have kept the kid on an extremely short leash until I was convinced he wasn't the killer he would turn out to be.
View All Quotes

Throw enough shit at the wall?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:06:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#43]
View All Quotes

So now you know where my snarky comments come from about distrusting the FBI.

We all like to post the meme "say the line. He was on our radar", but now we want to discredit all FBI claims. Which is it, was he on their radar or were they throwing shit at the wall?

How many kids at this school did the FBI tip off local LEO for being a potential threat vs how many became a school shooter? I'll bet my account it was Colt Gray and Colt Gray only at this school this year, and he was the only shooter.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:07:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wyomingnick] [#44]

View All Quotes

While I largely agree with you, I don't think that having an error in judgment with no ill intent should result in 180 years in prison.

Crumbleys's got 10-15 years. They'll probably do half of it. That seems a more reasonable approach then the fact this dad has a very real chance spending life in prison.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:10:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Am I wrong for thinking the hunting pictures look a little odd?

His dad said he got his first deer this year and he had blood on his cheeks so you know he appreciates what guns are capable of.

Those pictures look like he smeared blood on his cheeks like an indian caricature and they were not from tracking and gutting the animal.

It's a minor point but I can't help but see the warning signs colt may have been a very troubled little boy. Why is there blood on both cheeks before he gutted the deer?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346870/89366619-13821987-image-m-44_17256382784-3315385.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/346870/89366843-13821987-image-m-43_17256382666-3315387.JPG
View Quote
That used to be a part of the right of passage for a boy's first kill, going back a good long time. At least it doesn't look like they ate the liver raw. That used to be a thing, too.

Maybe dad wasn't as comfortable with his son being gay as he lets on, and was trying to 'man him up' with stuff like that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

While I largely agree with you, I don't think that having an error in judgment with no ill intent should result in 180 years in prison. He may have honestly thought the kid was fine, and sometimes LE does make false or exaggerated accusations. He clearly screwed up but the throw the book at him attitude is excessive. He isn't the shooter, he simply made a poor judgment call. Similar could happen to anyone. It could have been about a car, pills or a computer instead of a gun. If it was something else his parenting judgment screwed up on, he wouldn't face near as many problems.

Crumbleys's got 10-15 years. They'll probably do half of it. That seems a more reasonable approach then the fact this dad has a very real chance spending life in prison.
View All Quotes

While I largely agree with you, I don't think that having an error in judgment with no ill intent should result in 180 years in prison. He may have honestly thought the kid was fine, and sometimes LE does make false or exaggerated accusations. He clearly screwed up but the throw the book at him attitude is excessive. He isn't the shooter, he simply made a poor judgment call. Similar could happen to anyone. It could have been about a car, pills or a computer instead of a gun. If it was something else his parenting judgment screwed up on, he wouldn't face near as many problems.

I'd feel different if the father did nothing and left his guns unattended. I feel extremely differently if he even had one iota of doubt and then he went and got his kid an AR15 that so many school and mosque shooters fetishize over. Be a fucking parent and be involved in what your kid is doing and who he is hanging out with. Or you know let him be a school shooter and ruin a bunch of other people's lives.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#47]

We all like to post the meme "say the line. He was on our radar", but now we want to discredit all FBI claims. Which is it, was he on their radar or were they throwing shit at the wall?

How many kids at this school did the FBI tip off local LEO for being a potential threat vs how many became a school shooter? I'll bet my account it was Colt Gray and Colt Gray only at this school this year, and he was the only shooter.
View All Quotes

What I was saying was that we all hear about the kids they contact who go on to do something, but not the hundreds or thousands they contact who don't.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:14:32 PM EDT
[#48]
That used to be a part of the right of passage for a boy's first kill, going back a good long time. At least it doesn't look like they ate the liver raw. That used to be a thing, too.

Maybe dad wasn't as comfortable with his son being gay as he lets on, and was trying to 'man him up' with stuff like that.
View Quote
This would make a lot of sense if his kid didnt post under a pseudonym of "Lanza" and threatened to be a school shooter. Maybe I'm way out of line.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#49]

I'd feel different if the father did nothing and left his guns unattended. I feel extremely differently if he even had one iota of doubt and then he went and got his kid an AR15 that so many school and mosque shooters fetishize over. Be a fucking parent and be involved in what your kid is doing and who he is hanging out with. Or you know let him be a school shooter and ruin a bunch of other people's lives.
View All Quotes

Unfortunately we can't read his brain and know what doubt he may or may not have had.

It does appear some consequences are probably reasonable. I don't think that means 180 yrs though. Similar to Crumbley's is probably reasonable. That is still a very severe consequence.

I am also concerned about the precedent. I won't be surprised when these same type of charges are used against parents that didn't have any reason to think their kid was going to get postal.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#50]
What I was saying was that we all hear about the kids they contact who go on to do something, but not the hundreds or thousands they contact who don't.
View All Quotes

I can understand this. It's also sad for the ones that suffer through shit parents and bad situations.
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top