BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Because it’s not…
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#2]
5 generations and the triggers still suck. Clicks about 4 times before it goes bang
Yes I have shot a few with decent factory triggers. But I shouldn't have to drop another $100 for an aftermarket trigger on a new gun.

I respect them for what they are, but I don't like them for my needs/uses. To each their own, but to call them "the best ever made " is bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Laughs in H&K USPC.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#4]
This post feels like 1992 all over again

G48 w/15 round msg is better for carrying
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AeroE:

Attribute the quote.

Glocks are flawed.  Metal >>> Plastic, for starters. The grip angle is retarded.

View Quote

At least the grip angle is better than a old Luger
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DerekL:
Glock 17 is better.
View Quote

Glock 19 with a dot and a 2 rd extension - dot will give you more accuracy than the slightly longer sight radius of the 17, 2 rd factory extension gives you the same capacity while having the option of going shorter to make it slightly more concealable. Best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#8]
For me it's the McGlock
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 12:44:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pantexan] [#9]
You misspelled 1911 .  
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 12:48:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#10]
1911 ha
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 12:57:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
I'll accept it. Shoot I'll accept the g17 also
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
Originally Posted By CloseAir:
It's the Glock 45 for me.. My meat hooks don't fit G19 grips very well.
I'll accept it. Shoot I'll accept the g17 also

G45 makes the G17 obsolete, sight radius is irrelevant with a RDS.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#12]
19x and 45 for me, dont like pinching my pinky on reloads.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:
I subjectively don’t like Glocks.

Objectively, the G19 is as close to the ideal handgun you can get.
View Quote

It's always annoying when I shoot my g19. It's very easy to shoot. Then I carry it for a few days and remember why I don't like double stack guns/magazines iwb and back in the fanny pack it goes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#14]
The Glock 19 is a fantastic pistol, certainly. but it is not THE best.

If the Glock 19 was THE best, there would be no reason to have a ton of other Glock pistols. That fact alone tells us it is not, in fact, the best.

Glock has a huge aftermarket selection of parts to make it better. If, as you say, Glock 19 was truly the best, there would be nothing you could add to make it better. If something is the best, it needs no changes, nobody that owns the best, would need to make it better buy buying parts, like the triggers, to make the trigger better, nor would they need a myriad of other parts to inprove the pistol, because by definition, the best needs no improvement, and cannot improved.

So, in closing, knowing that almost everyone that buys a G19 buys aftermarket parts to make it better, shows there is a ton of room for improvement. The best, needs no such improvement.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#15]
45 or 19x
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#16]
This is what 35 years of perfection looks like…

How it started

How it’s going’
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Why is the Glock 19 the best all around 9mm pistol ever made?

Wrong question bro... a better question would be Why WAS the Glock 19 the best all around 9mm pistol ever made in it's day?... because there is actually better stuff out there these days.

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Alex_F:
Absolutely great guns but I've moved on from striker fire back to hammer (for reholstering mainly).

View Quote

Have you heard about the SCD?
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Significant triggering happening in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:06:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARDunstan] [#20]
For those with dainty soft feminine hands, you know who you are, you can stick the Pearce extensions on it and the grip just locks in your hand.

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, uh, that's like your opinion man.......
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#22]
It's not. LOL
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:09:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve2071] [#23]
They are the Toyota Camry of pistols. They are not luxury items, but they will work until the end of time. Reliable, affordable, easy to operate, excellent aftermarket support, and pretty much a no-nonsense mainstay everywhere for everyone.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#24]

lol this resonates with me.  My giant hamburger helper hands dont do well with G19, though I do have one.  Pinched pinky on mag, slide bite.  If it was juuuuust a tad bigger or different in some way.  

Still, G19 is the standard given it's tenure even though there are comparable guns now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#25]
They work. I keep a couple stashed in the house. I usually carry some other guns, but whether they are really better than a Glock 19 is debatable.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:15:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#26]
For me, it’s the Glock 19C Gen3 with red dot.

Although I just got a 4” Wilson Experior that’s off getting a red dot so well which ends up being better.

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Have you heard about the SCD?
View Quote

No, what's that?

I only have one Glock left, my Roland.  It may be a non-starter
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By steve2071:
They are the Toyota Camry of pistols. They are not luxury items, but they will work until the end of time. Reliable, affordable, easy to operate, excellent aftermarket support, and pretty much a no-nonsense mainstay everywhere for everyone.
View Quote

It’s the 911 of handguns. An engineering wonder that’s been around forever, it started off perfect and had been improved to higher and higher levels of perfection through decades of incremental changes. Plenty of haters out there with an irrational dislike of both, yet it continues to dominate its market segment.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#29]
G19-3 …the 1911 has compatibility for over a hundred years…Glock F’d that up with Gen-4… Perfection, myass!
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I have quite a few different 9mm pistols, but the Glock 19 (Gen 3) is what I have carried every day for the past 25 years. It just plain works and meets my requirements. In 25 years, it has had one FTE (2001) and only because the guy I taught and trusted to do reloads did not fully size the cases. Can you just imagine that...25 years and thousands of rounds with no problems. I have changed a few things on it though to make it more usable for me:
1. Grip glove - I always found the grip too slick
2. Extended slide lock because I felt the original didn't stick out far enough and I don't have long nails
3. Factory 3.5lb trigger, polished. This, plus thousands of rounds makes for a really nice trigger
4. Factory competition slide release because it provides a "shelf" for my thumb
5. SS captured guide rod. After 24 years the plastic guide rod on my G23 broke, so I replaced both with SS versions
6. Night sights because my originals died long ago
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Something about the grip angle and way a Glock 19 recoils just makes it seem like it’s effortlessly and inherently fast.

There’s almost a “rhythm” of the pistol that can be found where the way the trigger breaks and the sights come back down, it’s almost like bump-firing but deliberate. It gets into a pace and just keeps on repeating. It’s like the pistol just bounces from one target to the next and fires almost instinctively the instant the sights settle.

I’ve practiced with other pistols and while I can be fast with them, none of it feels as consistent and instinctive as a Glock 19.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By LittlePony:

At least the grip angle is better than a old Luger
View Quote

Lugers get a pass because they're beautiful designs.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:
I subjectively don't like Glocks.

Objectively, the G19 is as close to the ideal handgun you can get.
View Quote

Pretty much this. I carry a G19.

I love my custom Wilson 1911...but I aint' carrying it....I don't give a shit about my G19, which I guess makes it ideal for carry.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By CloseAir:
It's the Glock 45 for me.. My meat hooks don't fit G19 grips very well.
View Quote

I agree.  I’m going to buy another glock 19 just to be sure though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 18B30:
Wrong…..Glock 19X is the one glock to rule them all!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#36]
G19 is the Toyota Corolla of the gun world. Reliable, boring. Will do everything you need a car (or gun) to do dependably.

But really, how many of us actually drive a Corolla?

My 365 XMacro is smaller, more comfortable, holds more rounds, and conceals better, than my G19.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Pretty much this. I carry a G19.

I love my custom Wilson 1911...but I aint' carrying it....I don't give a shit about my G19, which I guess makes it ideal for carry.
View Quote

Yup. My favorite is my West German Sig P-228. Probably the best handgun I've ever fired, but it goes to the range in a padded case, gets fired, cleaned, admired, and goes back in the safe.

Funny thing is that my 228 is also my wife's favorite gun and the one she used to qualify for her permit. Many times she has asked me to give it to her, but I have explained there is a line in the sand, and that Sig sits far on the other side. I have offered to buy her one, or give her any of my other pistols, but she wants this one. Line in the sand. Line in the sand.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Size, capacity, reliability, accuracy, durability.  My only complaint would be the OEM plastic sights, but those are easily replaceable.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Its never a bad choice, and certainly in 1988 it was pretty much the only choice for a light 15rd capacity, reliable 9mm pistol.  

Although there's plenty of better options now, its much in the same situation as a Colt 6920.  Its good enough, and consistent.

Even if you don't like them, you probably should have one, or a compatible clone on a P80 or Dagger frame, just for the cheap mags and parts commonality.  You certainly should be able to detail strip one and understand it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Slvrktman:
G19-3 …the 1911 has compatibility for over a hundred years…Glock F’d that up with Gen-4… Perfection, myass!
View Quote

Gen3 are still being made.

Gen4 is pretty much being phased out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File
I’ve had a G19 longer than anything else, like the 17 better and 26 for deep conceal but the 19 does a lot correctly without any extra.

Cheers OP

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm going to be the odd man out here:  It's a perfectly fine pistol.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#44]
It is the modern Volkspistole. Not superb, but an affordable handgun that does everything most people need with lots of cheap accessories.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#45]
I really like the way my P80-framed glock 19 shoots.  The P80 frame fixed almost everything that is wrong with the gen 3 glock 19.

But, for EDC I prefer something with more options for preventing glock leg.  There are no passive or active safeties on glocks.  The trigger blade is only a drop safety, not a passive safety because it will not prevent a discharge if something gets in the trigger well.

You can blame negligence and poor holster design until the cows come home.  But if another gun wouldn't unintentionally discharge in a situation where a glock would, that's a problem with the gun.

Like I said, it's a pleasure to shoot, but there are more forgiving options for EDC.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#46]
LOL, I love that argument...  Repeat it till its true...

I prefer the Glock angle, maybe its because a G21 was the 1st handgun I shot seriously and got me into handguns.

This argument or one like it comes up every so often.

I don't put a lot into them as far as feelings go.  

I shoot what I prefer and don't care what someone else prefers.
When asked (or not) I don't try and convert folks from their coveted brands (if they have one), I say While I prefer Glocks, I recommend you try the grip, action and trigger on several of the premium brands then run a few mags if you can, THEN, make you decision.  Stop going strictly on what some magazine article, Guntoober, Forum Ninja or Sales person tells you.  You're going to be shooting it, not the above...

Don't get me wrong, I shoot a lot of friends and relatives guns when they get something new that I don't have.  If I ever stumble upon another maker, who I like and prefer better, there will be a small family of Glocks collecting dust.

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:55:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Badlatitude] [#47]
I've carried my 2nd gen g19 for 25 years.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By CarlosC:

Yup. My favorite is my West German Sig P-228. Probably the best handgun I've ever fired, but it goes to the range in a padded case, gets fired, cleaned, admired, and goes back in the safe.
View Quote

Trust the 228 can take quite a beating

This was the first pistol I purchased and the first that I carried (for over 8 years). Fantastic all around pistol. And if I ever ran out of ammo I could certainly bludgeon someone with it and not worry.

Fun to see the two sides of the coin.. I carry a G45 daily now mostly because I don't give a fuck about it.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Deadtired:
The Glock 19 is a good gun because it's designed for people who don't think about guns.  A handgun is nothing more than an encumbrance for its carriers for 99% of its life, so the Glock 19 is just small enough to be a minor inconvenience while still meeting the needlessly large capacity requirements of its purchasers, and it can receive little to no maintenance and still work.  

It's not particularly ergonomic.  It's bigger than it needs to be.  Its factory sights are godawful.  The trigger is meh.  But all of that only matters to people who care about guns, which are not the people the Glock 19 is designed for.
View Quote

What exactly are the "needed" capacity requirements of a carry gun?
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:
I really like the way my P80-framed glock 19 shoots.  The P80 frame fixed almost everything that is wrong with the gen 3 glock 19.

But, for EDC I prefer something with more options for preventing glock leg.  There are no passive or active safeties on glocks.  The trigger blade is only a drop safety, not a passive safety because it will not prevent a discharge if something gets in the trigger well.

You can blame negligence and poor holster design until the cows come home.  But if another gun wouldn't unintentionally discharge in a situation where a glock would, that's a problem with the gun.

Like I said, it's a pleasure to shoot, but there are more forgiving options for EDC.
View Quote

Unless it was an actual hardware failure.....that's a problem with the person holding the gun.....otherwise most Glock owners would have extra holes in them.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top