Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't remember details but doesn't the VA constitution call for and allow the formation of a local militia?

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bizzarolibe:
Well, looks like OP got ahead of me. So I'll go ahead and give my take.

Dan is one of my good friends, and yes, I'm a member of that militia. I know some peeps here sneer at the idea of the militia, which is kind of...contradictory since the word (and concept) is central to the clause in the Constitution that this entire site centers on. Weird.

We've been doing it (mostly) right in VA. CCM's model is to be intentionally forward facing because the problem with secret squirrel shit is that, well, it's secret. It's not exactly the best way to inspire a movement. Yes, that carries risks. I sure am glad our Founding Fathers weren't as risk averse as so many of my fellow countrymen today.

If they're coming after guys like Dan, be concerned. Be very fucking concerned. In the past, they've picked easy targets that are painful to defend, like neo-Nazi's or Patriot front dipshits stealing weapons from armories.

This journalist is trying to destroy a good family. Dan and Alex are some of the highest quality individuals in this nation. Much of the activism in Virginia--a huge part of whatever success we've enjoyed the past 4 years in the 2A movement in this state--is due to their efforts. They are well known (and, most importantly, liked) by many in the Guard, our state legislature, and even in congress.

I don't know what I can and cannot say at this moment, but know that Dan and Alex need our help, and I hope you'll all join me in supporting this family.

View Quote

I believe you that Dan is a man of good character, but know that there is already a team of FBI agents assigned to watch him and find anything they can to use destroy his life.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#3]
So warning that the government is drifting towards tyranny is considered anti government threats and activity?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:49:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#4]
Good for Them.

It runs against ARFCOM OPSEC, but being there to be seen as responsible American Patriots to the public while interfacing with other .GOV entities certainly reduces the "losers with guns / nutcase"  taint many in the general public associate with "secret militias".

I wish them Good Luck & Godspeed.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Dan is one of my good friends, and yes, I'm a member of that militia. I know some peeps here sneer at the idea of the militia, which is kind of...contradictory since the word (and concept) is central to the clause in the Constitution that this entire site centers on. Weird.

We've been doing it (mostly) right in VA. CCM's model is to be intentionally forward facing because the problem with secret squirrel shit is that, well, it's secret. It's not exactly the best way to inspire a movement. Yes, that carries risks. I sure am glad our Founding Fathers weren't as risk averse as so many of my fellow countrymen today.

If they're coming after guys like Dan, be concerned. Be very fucking concerned. In the past, they've picked easy targets that are painful to defend, like neo-Nazi's or Patriot front dipshits stealing weapons from armories.

This journalist is trying to destroy a good family. Dan and Alex are some of the highest quality individuals in this nation. Much of the activism in Virginia--a huge part of whatever success we've enjoyed the past 4 years in the 2A movement in this state--is due to their efforts. They are well known (and, most importantly, liked) by many in the Guard, our state legislature, and even in congress.

I don't know what I can and cannot say at this moment, but know that Dan and Alex need our help, and I hope you'll all join me in supporting this family.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

I would bet the FBI is on him now, and probably you as well. Hell, they will probably read this thread at some point.

Hey FBI faggots, sending hate and malice from AZ. Choke on dicks you little cuck bitches.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By arowneragain:

Be more specific.

Also - someone let me borrow a strand of pearls so I can participate in the pearl-clutching over this.
View Quote

I will in a bit. Still waiting on some direction here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Article is bullshit

That guy should sue for slander.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Herewego:

I believe you that Dan is a man of good character, but know that there is already a team of FBI agents assigned to watch him and find anything they can to use destroy his life.
View Quote

We've known this since day 1, and assume that there's a similar team for every single member of that group

Feds are welcome to both our public meetings and our training events.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By LoBrau:
The author references "overt threats" a few times, but fails to enumerate them. What threats?
View Quote
"it's the seriousness of the charges and not the veracity of the claims"....

It's what the Left does...
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#12]
"The law of the land does not apply to my land"
View Quote
Floyd Chisholm, local militia leader as he saws off the barrel of a shotgun. From the 1998 movie, The Patriot with Steven Seagal.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:

Looks like she matches the person on facebook. She only has a few photos posted there but one of them is of her teaching her young son pistolcraft.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:
If this is her, she looks like a shooter.

https://www.nationalguard.mil/News/Article/3140536/army-guard-air-force-compete-in-marksmanship-in-kenya/

Looks like she matches the person on facebook. She only has a few photos posted there but one of them is of her teaching her young son pistolcraft.

Cool. Respect that she puts in the work. Good luck to them, hopefully they don’t get hit with trumped up bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
That article reads like a leftist hit piece. "The group appears to be all white" and calling complaints about a tyrannical government and violation of the law and saying how they could run off with reserve equipment and weapons. Also military.com watched a bunch of videos looking for evidence against them.
View Quote

There are hours upon hours of content they (Steve Beynon) sifted through, and hundreds (thousands?) of social media posts, most of which are written by various volunteers. What you saw in the article is the best they were able to manage.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:09:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#15]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Proper phrasing would be, anti-tyrannical government.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Good on you Sir.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TheBootDude:
So warning that the government is drifting towards tyranny is considered anti government threats and activity?
View Quote
Neat huh? They are going to use any excuse they can to paint anyone right of Stalin as an extremist.

I'm not getting warm fuzzies for the future of the Republic.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By runcible:
If he was serious, he would have kept his mouth shut.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By gotigers:
good
View Quote

This.

We need more of him in EVERY county.   Fuck the Feds.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:33:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MaverickH1] [#21]

View Quote

Amen.  This article could have just as easily been written about me in our militia 1 hour from Lynchburg.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#22]
The author references "overt threats" a few times, but fails to enumerate them. What threats?
View Quote

Refusal to vote Democrat?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

You, Sir, are a fine American.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Silence is Violence

The Outreach and Public display of Winning Hearts and Minds from the Government is Heart Warming.  So Transparent.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Our training program is top notch--monthly corporate FTX's, often with breakout/individual skillset building sessions and seminars in between, like basic radio operation and even stuff like legal use of force, which is a required class for everyone in the militia. Everything is taught by actual SME's, not dudes who saw a Youtube video and think they can teach react to contact (though if that's all you have to work with, it's absolutely better than not training at all). We are blessed with ridiculous training resources.

View Quote

Should have known a story like this would have a connection with someone on arfcom.

More power to you and Dan and your group. Keep on training for what is coming.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#26]
As a former member of the 29th LID, I approve.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#27]
good
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#29]

I liked the part at the end, about how groups that perform community service are just covering for their racist racism. Did you know doing a canned food drive makes your group the same as the KKK, because they also did charitable things?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MHIDPA:
That propaganda piece was painful to read. Good for him, sounds like a soldier who understands his duty.

I liked the part at the end, about how groups that perform community service are just covering for their racist racism. Did you know doing a canned food drive makes your group the same as the KKK, because they also did charitable things?

It’s the same pseudo-babble fraud pushed by the phony academic Leftists for decades, that people are inherently bad and doing good things is a coverup for evil intentions. To these assholes, there is no good- just a masking of bad. Sounds like they’re projecting their own inadequacies.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By soonerfan7:
I remember seeing an ad for the national guard at a movie theatre around 2005-2008 claiming that the militia/minute men who rose up to fight a tyrannical government during the Revolutionary War were actually the National guard (despite the National Guard not existing for another 130+ years). I guess resisting a tyrannical govt back then was….different. Anyways until they take action against a duly elected and constitutionally lawful government, I don’t see the conflict.
View Quote

This is the liberal ideology against the 2nd ammendment for regular citizens.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Steve Beynon seems like a twat and a liar.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd like to add to Bizzarolibe's post that if I do run for state delegate next year I'd be unapologetically part of a local militia.

We have to be able to stand tall and tell government "no" with greater force than they subtly threaten us with every day.

The 2A sanctuary movement was a great start, but it needed more teeth.

I have some plans for bills I'd propose if elected.  But the odds are very low they'd get anywhere.  I just think it's time to change the discussion a bit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 73RR:
I don't remember details but doesn't the VA constitution call for and allow the formation of a local militia?

View Quote

There is only One official state militia and it's not armed.  Virginia Defense Force.  They mostly train for disaster relief like floods and such.  All the ones I met were old retired military people.

https://vdf.virginia.gov/

Some fancy pants will likely bad mouth them, but hey....they did serve.  My Karate teacher was one and a former Marine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Im willing to bet there are more militias in VA than people would probably believe.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more hit pieces like this out there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 110:

There is only One official state militia and it's not armed.  Virginia Defense Force.  They mostly train for disaster relief like floods and such.  All the ones I met were old retired military people.

Some fancy pants will likely bad mouth them, but hey....they did serve.  My Karate teacher was one and a former Marine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 110:
Originally Posted By 73RR:

I think it’s pretty neat that there are a couple of states that still have organizations like this,
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Sounds like a man of honor to follow his oath we expect our service men and women to take.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:44:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Good.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:48:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tacocat] [#40]
Hell yeah
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Need4Guns:
Im willing to bet there are more militias in VA than people would probably believe.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more hit pieces like this out there.
View Quote

There are quite a few. SPLC also just released a hit piece on us and sever other militias close to us.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Their attacks against freedom lovers are so boring and predictable. They need some creativity.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#43]

There are hours upon hours of content they (Steve Beynon) sifted through, and hundreds (thousands?) of social media posts, most of which are written by various volunteers. What you saw in the article is the best they were able to manage.
View All Quotes
That article reads like a leftist hit piece. "The group appears to be all white" and calling complaints about a tyrannical government and violation of the law and saying how they could run off with reserve equipment and weapons. Also military.com watched a bunch of videos looking for evidence against them.

I looked at the Task Force Butler organization mentioned in the article. Their website is mostly antifa drivel wrapped in an American flag. “Veterans Fighting Fascism” and “We are American Veterans who Hunt Neo-Nazis” The only people that talk like that are commies.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By RichHead:

I looked at the Task Force Butler organization mentioned in the article. Their website is mostly antifa drivel wrapped in an American flag. “Veterans Fighting Fascism” and “We are American Veterans who Hunt Neo-Nazis” The only people that talk like that are commies.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RichHead:

So why is military.com entertaining such radicalism? Perhaps if a light is shone and a stink is made ala bud light/Harley/tsc/black and decker, etc, they could be convinced of the error of their ways? Seems like such backlash would especially influential if presented by veterans/veterans groups, and very publicly.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#45]
good
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#46]
I believe you that Dan is a man of good character, but know that there is already a team of FBI agents assigned to watch him everyone in his militia and find anything they can to use destroy his life.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Extorris:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Extorris:
I believe you that Dan is a man of good character, but know that there is already a team of FBI agents assigned to watch him everyone in his militia and find anything they can to use destroy his life.

Do they really watch each other like that though?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By BabyGlock_27:
Oath to Constitution > Chain of Command
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
Leftist are crybully pieces of shit who lie.

I'm a member of a RC group on FB. Some guy had some "FJB" sticker or something like that painted on one of his SCX24s. Some leftist little cry baby bitch then started whining about how that was "hate speech".

This is seriously how fucked up the left is. When the left says they want to criminalize "Hate speech", they don't mean racial slurs and racial jokes and actually racially hateful comment... they just mean speech that they hate.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top