[#1]
Customer service or entry level sales.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bullsi191145:
Customer service or entry level sales.
View Quote

My very first WFH position, like 16yr ago, was working seasonal customer service.  Worked for turbotax support answering phones.  Mostly helping people get in to their locked accounts or get through the CD's install wizard.

I know recently I have spoken to people at my bank and a couple places shopping for insurance.  In the background, I could hear noises like they were at home.  The lady at my bank in the fraud department had the smoke detector chirping every 30 seconds.    These are all US positions, or they have started hiring indians with US accents.  I think the insurance may count as sales, but with incoming leads.  Rather than you cold calling and getting cussed at and hung up on all day.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MoonDancer:
I clicked on the thread just to see if this would be here.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MoonDancer:
Originally Posted By shack357:
Customs broker in Illinois.
I clicked on the thread just to see if this would be here.  

ARFCOM does not disappoint
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#4]
There is far more that goes into career choice than this. My advice is seeking a career coach to help advise on this topic. You’ll get much better results than ARF could provide.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
Almost any WFH job can be outsourced to a different country where they only have to pay the employee pennies on the dollar.
Good luck.

View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:50:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fenric] [#6]
Tech Sales jobs are the best.. I just sent this offer out to a someone today. He does $10M+ in GP at his current company and will start making $3-$3.5M per year here. Our tops reps are pulling in > 10

Your compensation structure is as follows:
Your semi-monthly base salary is $7,291.66 or $175,000.00 if annualized.
You will receive a semi-monthly non-recoverable payment of $7,291.66 or $175,000.00 if annualized.
You will receive a semi-monthly Recoverable Draw of $6,250.00 or $150,000.00 if annualized.  No earned commissions will be paid until the full draw is recovered against commissions.  

•The commission plan is governed by the Account Manager Compensation Policy.  Your commission rates on the Standard Plan are as follows:
30% on all commissionable Professional and Managed Services gross profit
30% on commissionable Smartnet and Maintenance Services gross profit
30% on all commissionable Product Sales (Hardware and Software) gross profit
In the calendar year, if you produce ≥$2M of invoiced and client paid gross profit, excluding Hardware, the commission rate on Software, Maintenance, Professional Services and Managed Services Gross Profit will retroactively step-up to 35%.
All commissions will end immediately upon your last day of employment with. You will receive commissions for invoices paid on or prior to your last day of employment.

I pay the same commision structure to new people and seasoned people, he just got a better first year guarantee to make sure he's covered during the ramp up.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

(sensible chuckle)
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:54:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#8]
Originally Posted By Fenric:
Tech Sales jobs are the best.. I just sent this offer out to a someone today. He does $10M+ in GP at his current company and will start making $3-$3.5M per year here. Our tops reps are pulling in > 10

Your compensation structure is as follows:
Your semi-monthly base salary is $7,291.66 or $175,000.00 if annualized.
You will receive a semi-monthly non-recoverable payment of $7,291.66 or $175,000.00 if annualized.
You will receive a semi-monthly Recoverable Draw of $6,250.00 or $150,000.00 if annualized.  No earned commissions will be paid until the full draw is recovered against commissions.  

The commission plan is governed by the Account Manager Compensation Policy.  Your commission rates on the Standard Plan are as follows:
30% on all commissionable Professional and Managed Services gross profit
30% on commissionable Smartnet and Maintenance Services gross profit
30% on all commissionable Product Sales (Hardware and Software) gross profit
In the calendar year, if you produce  $2M of invoiced and client paid gross profit, excluding Hardware, the commission rate on Software, Maintenance, Professional Services and Managed Services Gross Profit will retroactively step-up to 35%.
All commissions will end immediately upon your last day of employment with. You will receive commissions for invoices paid on or prior to your last day of employment.

I pay the same commision structure to new people and seasoned people, he just got a better first year guarantee to make sure he's covered during the ramp up.

I've got about 15 years experience and am in a leadership role now, I have a pretty sweet arrangement where I have my base of $250K and I get 5% of the overall profit that my market brings in. We should do $45M in 2025 with all the new hires. We're at $21M YTD.
View Quote

Wow. Killer package. I did industrial sales for a while that had a commission CAP...can you believe that shit? I hit my cap one year and was basically like "cool, see ya'll next year" lol.

^great example of the types of jobs that will never be outsourced too.

ETA- you still hiring?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Husband of billionaire, super model who dying of a cancer with two months to live and has you listed as her sole heir.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Tao:
I'm trying to help a friend build a plan centered around having the absolute flexibility of WFH to be able to travel around the country while working with a starlink on the roof. She thinks shooting for $50k take home would be sufficient and realistic.

View Quote

I'd suggest contacting three dozen YouTube 'van life' accounts in hopes that ONE will reply and ask them if those numbers would actually work.  The few I've read indicate that a single person living frugally in a van costs far more than I would have expected.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By giantpune:

You crazy, man.  Us unatractive males can run onlyfans.  

The play is 1 dude pulls pictures from AI or from other OF accounts.  You can pretend to be 10 different women all on different accounts.  Flirt with the simps over PM and rake in the cash.  Its the flirting and attention they really pay for.
View Quote

Takin notes...
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

I laughed
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#13]
May be able to find a QA job. Could probably work two of them concurrently. 40-50 each…
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#14]
A degree in what?

You are saying a degree is experience, which it is ABSOLUTELY not. WFH is worn out. What are her skillsets? Is she even a self-starter that can do WFH?

Adam & Eve pays $20 an hour to answer calls and sell sex toys. Bonus based on upsells.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine pretty awesome, but you need a mailing address.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/8/2024 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Took me awhile to realize what WFH means.  Lots of WFH tech workers in the Saratoga library. I take it they count that as being in the office since they are not at home.

Many still wear their employers access cards which seems dumb to me. Since I have stock in Apple, Google, FB, and others, I'm always thinking to myself that they should get back into the office and work, damn it.

It's a minority that can be as or more productive than the office as my experience being a manager in software labs.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

@JLPettimoreIII
@The_Master_Shake
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SBR_Slut:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/subnetfavoritelol-1033.gif

@JLPettimoreIII
@The_Master_Shake
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Took me awhile to realize what WFH means.  Lots of WFH tech workers in the Saratoga library. I take it they count that as being in the office since they are not at home.

Many still wear their employers access cards which seems dumb to me. Since I have stock in Apple, Google, FB, and others, I'm always thinking to myself that they should get back into the office and work, damn it.

It's a minority that can be as or more productive than the office as my experience being a manager in software labs.

@JLPettimoreIII
@The_Master_Shake

I'm sure the brass would be thrilled if he brought it up during Q & A at the next shareholders earnings call
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:

I'm sure the brass would be thrilled if he brought it up during Q & A at the next shareholders earnings call
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2024 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#21]

@JLPettimoreIII
@The_Master_Shake
View Quote
dat office rent downtown and dem taxes don't demselves.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Air Transport Pilot, just log in to your simulator every morning and fly the routes from your "home cockpit".
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:

@JLPettimoreIII
@The_Master_Shake

Industrial office park lyfe

The decline of the downtown these past 4 years has been remarkable.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Industrial office park lyfe

The decline of the downtown these past 4 years has been remarkable.
View Quote
good.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top