BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:03:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bkpkr:
My Buckmark has been great for a long time but I’m considering selling it and getting a TX22.

Being limited to 10 round mags in 2024 is pretty gay.
View Quote

True. Only 10 rounds does suck
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:31:34 AM EDT
[#2]
TX-22 Gen2 TORO is a great suppressor host under $300, sometimes close to $200.
I have dozens of 22 pistols and several suppressors, the TX22 is a great all around 22 pistol.

Ruger MK series is good and has several variations. Lite, Tactical, Target, etc.
Glock 44 for a trainer to a carry or duty gun.
TX22 for a fun plinker that is accurate and reliable.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 2:57:06 AM EDT
[#3]
This...
Attachment Attached File

or this...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 3:08:18 AM EDT
[#4]
TX22
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 3:39:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I’ve since mounted the ACRO forward on the rail, but this is how she sits. Ruger Mk IV Tac with AAC Halcyon. No complaints with the combo so far

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 7:08:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By UA_ME02:
M&P 22 compact with a DeadAir Mask
View Quote

I second that!

My set up exactly. My MPc has been rock solid. If there is a place for improvement it woukd have to be the plastic trigger..it really needs a metal replacement.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 7:35:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By binthere:
Allegedly the new huxworx 22 can is taking 22 suppression to a new level. Better than the dead air mask. Which would be my recommendation. Can't go wrong with that one.

Or buy the huxworx and do some beta testing for the rest of us.

View Quote

Originally Posted By optimator:
I've got a M&P compact & a Tacsol barreled Buckmark. But that new Sig 322 has my attention at the moment.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 7:48:03 AM EDT
[#8]
M&P Compact & Silencerco Sparrow 22  
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 7:51:56 AM EDT
[#9]
AS much hate as Kel Tec gets, everybody absolutely loves shooting my CP33.

You get tired pulling the trigger before it runs dry.

So that’s my first choice.

Second is the Ruger Mk 4.

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 7:52:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Ruger Mk IV 22/45. Would be super awesome if it had better than 10rd capacity.
Sig P322 is pretty nice also, but the mags are finicky on how they want to be loaded.

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 7:53:50 AM EDT
[#11]
TX22 hands down.  It eats anything.  I've yanked rounds from other guns that refused to go boom and this thing makes them go boom.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 7:58:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:
Ruger Mk IV 22/45. Would be super awesome if it had better than 10rd capacity.
Sig P322 is pretty nice also, but the mags are finicky on how they want to be loaded.

View Quote
That is true, if the mags aren't loaded properly you will get jams. You need to pay attention to most .22s to prevent rimlock, but this requires your diligence to no pull the follower down too far as you load so the stagger gets fucked up.

I need to get a speed loader anyway, as the 25rd mags are tons of fun (and were cheaper than the 20s when I bought them...LMAO)

It did have a light strike issue. I go online and found its widespread. Either Sig will fix it in 3 days...or you add a few millimeter spacer under the mainspring.

I drove out the frame pins, popped out the trigger pack, dropped an RMR screw under the mainspring....and not a single light strike since.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 7:59:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TRYG] [#13]
I don’t have a recommended platform but was with a group doing a “Pepsi Challenge” with over 20 different .22 cans on 10/22s and 22/45s last weekend. Users would try each one on both platforms then listen as others ran through them. Each picked their top performers then another friend and myself would run them for blind feedback. The results were surprising as some of the big names, although still performing well, didn’t make it to the final blind test. The top 2 were the Huxwrx Flow and Resilient Jessie’s Girl. I had never heard of the latter before then but it was a very good performer. The Flow was phenomenal but some may balk at the required cleaning method.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:05:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HappyCamel] [#14]
Originally Posted By TRYG:
I don't have a recommended platform but was with a group doing a "Pepsi Challenge" with over 20 different .22 cans on 10/22s and 22/45s last weekend. Users would try each one on both platforms then listen as others ran through them. Each picked their top performers then another friend and myself would run them for blind feedback. The results were surprising as some of the big names, although still performing well, didn't make it to the final blind test. The top 2 were the Huxwrx Flow and Resilient Jessie's Girl. I had never heard of the latter before then but it was a very good performer. The Flow was phenomenal but some may balk at the required cleaning method.
View Quote
Cleaning method seemed like a win to me. Able to throw in a threaded plug, fill with cleaning solution, stand up in a mason jar, throw in ultrasound. No scrubbing, no disassembly, less cleaning solution waste and no mess cause it's sealed. And the dip is an option because it's Ti. That said, I have not been able to find a 1/2 28 plug, if someone would be so kind.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:06:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Can't go wrong with a Ruger, but the capacity is lacking compared to the P322 and TX22.

There are replacement parts and upgrades for the MkIV seemingly everywhere.

As I've been saying for years now, Ruger needs to make a MkIV 22/11 (that's 2011 sized frame), with a wide-body grip that has higher capacity mags like the Sig and Taurus. Because the upper is the serialized part, Ruger could even just sell a new increased capacity frame directly to consumers. To me it's a no-brainer, they need to do it.

(If you like the above idea please Email Ruger's CEO directly and let them know they should do it)

For the can, there are so many great options today it's hard to even remember them all. I'd recommend baffles over monocore on a pistol for better First Round Pop performance. The 3D printed cans from CAT and Hux seem like they're going to be performers and with the new cleaning solutions that are out, leading/carbon build-up shouldn't be an issue with the sealed .22 cans.

I have a Rugged Oculus, AAC Element 2, and SilencerCo SpectreII. The Element beats the Oculus just based on weight, but on sound they're almost equal with the Oculus in full-size configuration. The Spectre isn't bad but isn't as good as the other two, particularly for the length. It was a free BOGO can so I don't complain too much about it.

The Hansohn Vidar seems to be a spiritual clone of the Element, and for the price I'll be tempted to pick one up when I want my next .22 silencer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#16]
PSA has been having the P17 for like $160 lately. It comes with 3 mags and the thread adapter. The EA NYX MOD 2 in short configuration weighs about what a standard A2 birdcage weighs. It’s thinner than a lot of other rimfire cans too, pretty much disappears on the end of your hosts.

Right around 16oz in the pic with suppressor and 17 rounds in the mag.

18oz in full length configuration with twice as many baffles.

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BlackdogADV:
Ruger MK IV 22/45 Tactical.  With an AAC Element.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/392276/IMG_1112_jpeg-3322602.JPG
View Quote

I have this identical setup except with a DA Mask. It is excellent and is a hit with everyone that shoots it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:09:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TRYG] [#18]
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
Cleaning method seemed like a win to me. Able to throw in a threaded plug, fill with cleaning solution, stand up in a mason jar, throw in ultrasound. No scrubbing, no disassembly, less cleaning solution waste and no mess cause it's sealed. And the drip is an option because it's Ti. That said, I have not been able to find a 1/2 28 plug, if someone would be so kind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
Originally Posted By TRYG:
I don't have a recommended platform but was with a group doing a "Pepsi Challenge" with over 20 different .22 cans on 10/22s and 22/45s last weekend. Users would try each one on both platforms then listen as others ran through them. Each picked their top performers then another friend and myself would run them for blind feedback. The results were surprising as some of the big names, although still performing well, didn't make it to the final blind test. The top 2 were the Huxwrx Flow and Resilient Jessie's Girl. I had never heard of the latter before then but it was a very good performer. The Flow was phenomenal but some may balk at the required cleaning method.
Cleaning method seemed like a win to me. Able to throw in a threaded plug, fill with cleaning solution, stand up in a mason jar, throw in ultrasound. No scrubbing, no disassembly, less cleaning solution waste and no mess cause it's sealed. And the drip is an option because it's Ti. That said, I have not been able to find a 1/2 28 plug, if someone would be so kind.

No plug recommendations but 100% agree on the cleaning preferences. Some folks, even in the test group have this preconceived need to break it down to scrape clean due to general .22 fouling.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By bcw107:
I like mine on my Keltec P17.
View Quote

They're great suppressor hosts!

I bought two.

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:18:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By binthere:
Allegedly the new huxworx 22 can is taking 22 suppression to a new level. Better than the dead air mask. Which would be my recommendation. Can’t go wrong with that one.

Or buy the huxworx and do some beta testing for the rest of us.

View Quote

A non user serviceable 22 can is a no go for me. I don’t care how good their suppressor sauce is, it’s not removing all deposits.  I think a lot of people buying them, as well as other non serviceable cans like the CAT and Mercy Pluto are going to regret it in a few years.

To answer OP’s question, you need a TX 22 competition
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Yep.   Mine's paired up with a sparrow, but either way it makes a great host.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:23:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunwriterGrant] [#22]
Originally Posted By DoverGunner:
Just looking for a .22lr pistol to host a suppressor.
Also recommend a suppressor for
Keep it simple guys
Thank you
View Quote

Sig P322 with an innovative arms slingshot Ti is pretty slick. You can toss an optic on it, and it doesn't look like a 22 like the TX22.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#23]
The TX22 competition with a dot on it has been flawless for several thousand rounds of CCI standard velocity with a Dead Air Mask.

I say that as someone who generally believes friends don't let friends buy Taurus.

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Ruger MK4 22/45 Lite with Q Erector.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:46:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spl1nter_c311] [#25]
I did mine with the form1suppressors or whatever that scam website was, and put it on the Colt 1911 22lr.  Like it!
https://waltherarms.com/firearms/pd380/colt-1911-a1-12rd
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:47:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Ruger Mark IV (metal frame) with a Dead Air Mask. Kel Tec P17 is OK.
Not a pistol but a Ruger threaded 10/22 with a suppressor is a lot of fun plinking in the woods. No need for hearing protection.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#27]
I tried a bunch  of 22 suppressor hosts and most were garbage with constant stoppages.   Something Ruger MkIV based is probably your best bet, I ended up with a Volquartsen that works fantastic.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Bravo_Six:
S&W 422 series is always the answer.

422, 2206, 2213, etc.
View Quote

Yuup, 422 is the best host
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:52:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 32ACP] [#29]
My only reminder to new suppressor owners is .22 LR is filthy and being able to clean it is important.

I’m not in the market for a .22 can but would look at SilencerCo’s Switchback, which is heavy by comparison to some all aluminum cans, but it’s durable & more like to survive accidental abuse.  It appears to be their evolution of SWRs Spectre II, which is my quietest & most frequently shot can.

I like Ruger MkIIs.

YMMV.

ETA:  deadair mask looks interesting, too.  Can’t go wrong with titanium….just ask SR71 pilots
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Anything that doesn’t have a barrel shroud. I have a browning buckmark and a ruger 22-45 lite. I get a point of impact change with the ruger. I don’t with the browning.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Silencer Shop Special with Dead Air Mask.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#33]

I have one of those little Berettas.  The sights suck and it does not hit where you point it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#34]
I have a full size M&P 22 pistol that matches my main gun (other than having a safety and no Apex trigger). It really eats everything and very tolerant to running dirty. I run it almost entirely suppressed. I think it was made by Walther.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

This is the best option I've found
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:46:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lugert] [#37]

Ruger mark iv 22/45 lite

The bottom one is a model I made for the holster maker.  

Or as I call it “gator’s gat”
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#38]
It depends. You want a tactical looking gun, tx22. Me, I would get a ruger mkiv.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#39]
I've been toying around with the idea of a Bersa Thunder .22lr, yeah I know..no pic rail or red dot slide but I do like DA/SA hammer fired throwbacks.

I'd love a Beretta model 70 but not at the crazy prices those things demand...
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:07:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THEdtw] [#40]

Very happy with my Ruger MKIV and Dead Air Mask.  With all the money I have into it, I should have gone with a complete Volquartsen from the start.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:11:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By confused89:
Anything that doesn’t have a barrel shroud. I have a browning buckmark and a ruger 22-45 lite. I get a point of impact change with the ruger. I don’t with the browning.
View Quote

@confused89

You should check if your barrel nut at the muzzle which holds the barrel in the shroud is working its way loose.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Ruger MK4
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Buckmark or Ruger MKII, newer Ruger if you can stomach the fugly side indicator.
Buckmark barrel change is easy and has a more open ejection port.

Both are excellent, accurate and work.
P22 if you like to shoot at things and not hit them & the gun falls apart.

Any quality can, lots of good choices.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#45]

Soooo jelly.

I'd love a mini mamba, but just can't justify the price.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By JKH62:
Buckmark or Ruger MKII, newer Ruger if you can stomach the fugly side indicator.
View Quote

The chamber indicator was a MkIII thing and is absent on the MkIV.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:31:07 PM EDT
[#47]
TX-22
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#48]
TX 22, or a P-17. I'm running a Surefire Ryder on mine.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By turbobrick:
They used to be called OSS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By turbobrick:
Originally Posted By BlackdogADV:

Never heard of Huxworx, I'll look it up.
They used to be called OSS.

Those hucksters rebranding to Huxworx is appropriate.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By -Abyss-:
TX22
View Quote

This plus an ECCO Machine Ocelot or Ocelot micro.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top