Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:

I don’t often offer true advice. But here is some…

Nothing…absolutely nothing…is like video games.
View Quote

/clutches chest

Excuse me, sir.  Grand Theft Auto is the best every day driving simulator that yet exists.  The AI performs precisely like other drivers.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 10:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, I need one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Cobra-Commander:
They need to get the IRIS to the market fucking soon. I’m growing impatient.
View Quote

This - hope it’s not a disappointment.
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#4]
@Canoeguy

Any update?  Did you or your friend get theirs yet?
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 11:22:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Canoeguy] [#5]
Originally Posted By Tazaroo:
@Canoeguy

View Quote

I suspect he will get them early this week and we will be testing this weekend at the event. Things got a little slowed down around here for obvious reasons.
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#6]

I suspect he will get them early this week and we will be testig this weekend at the event. Things got a little slowed down around here for obvious reasons.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@Canoeguy

I suspect he will get them early this week and we will be testig this weekend at the event. Things got a little slowed down around here for obvious reasons.

@Canoeguy

Just noticed your state location........sorry.  Hope you are doing well.
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]

@Canoeguy

Just noticed your state location........sorry.  Hope you are doing well.
View Quote

A thousand trees down and some folks without power still. But we are all cleaning up and going on with life. Nothing like what Western North Carolina and parts of Tennessee got so we have no room to complain.
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#9]
In hand.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I am very interested in this. Is the thermal collector high enough to look over an front sight?
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Currahee:
I am very interested in this. Is the thermal collector high enough to look over an front sight?
View Quote

Hmmm...we shall have to see.
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#12]
subscribed!
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 12:00:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 10/3/2024 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Hmmm...we shall have to see.
View Quote
I've got a Noveske M4 that is crying for a better optic.  I was thinking another TA33/RMR but this offers something that never really existed before.
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I definitely can appreciate thermal for finding critters/people in the dark outside.  Wouldn't the NV model be a better option for bump in the night gun going through your house?
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Awww, yiss.

Link Posted: 10/3/2024 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Got one cumming.
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I too, am standing-by for the unbiased review
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Saving funds now just in case it's a winner
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Personally I’m still waiting on the 1-8x LPVO with NV/Thermal fusion overlay.

Nobody makes cool shit
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a few holosun optics but never had to use warranty

How is the warranty service ?
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By captexas:
I definitely can appreciate thermal for finding critters/people in the dark outside.  Wouldn't the NV model be a better option for bump in the night gun going through your house?
View Quote

Honestly, both would probably suck for that. The fact that it’s digital is going to make clearing a house through it pretty cumbersome. You’d be better off using the red dot function with your white light, if you need to go outside your house you can turn on the thermal and scan.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 5:13:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Midwayusa.com has them in stock for $1600
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:
Got one cumming.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By flcroc:
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:
Got one cumming.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/jazz-andy-samberg-896.gif

Me too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Bizzarolibe:

Can confirm it works great with magnifier.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bizzarolibe:
Originally Posted By Ronin72:
They look very usable...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMyf3IUkFE4

Plus you can use a magnifier with it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHoogPouqlg

Can confirm it works great with magnifier.

@Bizzarolibe

How did you set yours up for use with the magnifier? Did you use a special mount? Mind taking a pic of how you set it up?
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm tempted.
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#28]
bump for updates
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I am interested

Looking forward to seeing the reviews
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Im_Awake:
I am interested

Looking forward to seeing the reviews
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Bump
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:
Personally I’m still waiting on the 1-8x LPVO with NV/Thermal fusion overlay.

Nobody makes cool shit
View Quote

You do realize as humans we have an expiration date and you might reach that date before you see that device.

In the mean time you can drop around $22,750 plus taxes and shipping for an Excelitas Talon II Fusion Scope and put it in front of your LPVO of choice.
It is expensive but if you have two kids you can sell one and if you three it is a no brainer. Of course kidneys always fetch some nice coin and that is why god gave us two.
" />
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#33]
WTF, so sad

Estimated to ship by April 2025

Link Posted: 10/6/2024 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Alright, my opinion.

It’s really good.  That is my first impression.

Is it as good as my Rattler 640? Yes and no. The image quality isn’t the same. But is certainly good enough for identification. I am not thrilled with the image being green, but I can live with that considering I can identify any threat reliably.

I did t even notice the refresh rate. And the image is crisp. However…the fine tuning in the setting makes a big difference. As well I would say that the difference between my 640 and this are honestly negligible at the ranges and intentions I have for this.

What I like is this. It is a 1x thermal with magnification, but I don’t care about the magnification as I see this as a relatively short range optic.

The idea that I can use the same optic day and night in a “compact” long eye relief optic is flat out awesome.

Target ID: simply put my Rattler 640 is better. However not to a degree that matters. I can still easily see if it is an AK or an AR, a person or a pig. What more do I need. We all know thermal can’t see facial details regardless of quality.

It took me a few minutes with the manual to learn the menus and buttons. I found this to be the same on the rattler.

The outline feature is pretty trippy and cool…but not really that useful in the real world. I found black hot to be best on a pitch black night.

Bottom line…I am getting one. Thanks to Liberty Sport and Pawn in Pennington Gap,  VA for letting us borrow one.

Now ask away.

Link Posted: 10/6/2024 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Alright, my opinion.

It’s really good.  That is my first impression.

Is it as good as my Rattler 640? Yes and no. The image quality isn’t the same. But is certainly good enough for identification. I am not thrilled with the image being green, but I can live with that considering I can identify any threat reliably.

I did t even notice the refresh rate. And the image is crisp. However…the fine tuning in the setting makes a big difference. As well I would say that the difference between my 640 and this are honestly negligible at the ranges and intentions I have for this.

What I like is this. It is a 1x thermal with magnification, but I don’t care about the magnification as I see this as a relatively short range optic.

The idea that I can use the same optic day and night in a “compact” long eye relief optic is flat out awesome.

Target ID: simply put my Rattler 640 is better. However not to a degree that matters. I can still easily see if it is an AK or an AR, a person or a pig. What more do I need. We all know thermal can’t see facial details regardless of quality.

It took me a few minutes with the manual to learn the menus and buttons. I found this to be the same on the rattler.

The outline feature is pretty trippy and cool…but not really that useful in the real world. I found black hot to be best on a pitch black night.

Bottom line…I am getting one. Thanks to Liberty Sport and Pawn in Pennington Gap,  VA for letting us borrow one.

Now ask away.

View Quote

At what range were you getting solid detection of a human? You say identification, but were you able to actually ID someone beyond hallway range?
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

At what range were you getting solid detection of a human? You say identification, but were you able to actually ID someone beyond hallway range?
View Quote

I am guessing easily a few hundred yard through I only had it at maybe 100 plus yards. But at that range I see details. As in he is wearing a pack and carrying an AR details.
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Now the hard part...I have to return the demo unit.
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 11:47:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackhalo] [#38]
View Quote

I've got dual nvgs, which route would you go for the first thermal? New Holosun or a Rattler of sort?

No specific use or hunting.

@canoeguy
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#39]
OST
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Blackhalo:

I've got dual nvgs, which route would you go for the first thermal? New Holosun or a Rattler of sort?

No specific use or hunting.

@canoeguy
View Quote

Anything sub-150 yards for true home and farm defense and not hunting I would go with the Holosun.

Hunting and range certainly the Rattler. But I live in the Appalachian mountains. More than 150  yards is rare to be honest.

Honestly, I really dislike the 2 power of my Rattler for scanning my backyard and right around my home.
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a FLIR
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#42]
How did the batteries hold up with everyone playing with it?
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 12:40:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kpel308] [#43]
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Holosun's website sucks.
What is the height over bore?  

I see the NV version is at Optics Planet for $999, but the thermal version seems a lot mo betta.
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 1:11:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#45]
I can say I was impressed with it, disclaimer: I was drinking beer as we passed around $50K oopsy...$100K worth of NVG and Thermals

My only past experience was PVS7 and vehicle thermals and everything was better we had. I would of liked to feel it out on a rifle day/night the no magnification was nice and you could definitely pick out details at 100 yards

All the different ones had different uses, BUT the Holosun for me hits day time and night time ops on the farm, my longest shot would be 150 meters or so, the no mag. would be a game changer with in a 100 feet of the door for sure.

As far as batteries? I now it was on for at least a few hours it seemed like..

View Quote

...Canoeguy sorry for your lose

ETA fixed
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#46]
1)  What is your impression on over all durability?  I'm thinking of this as an option on a SHTF/Defensive rifle.

2) Did you try it on a rifle with a FSP?  My current thermal has an issue with anything mounted in front of it, but I think the height of the thermal collector might solve that.

3) Can you 100% use it in thermal mode with just the red dot reticle?  I'd like to not use the thermal reticle at all.

4) What batteries does it take?  I've seen that they are rechargeable but can you put in regualr 123s?

Link Posted: 10/7/2024 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By aod886:
How did the batteries hold up with everyone playing with it?
View Quote

The battery indicator was down one bar from the two nights and few hours of playing with it.
Originally Posted By kpel308:

For that matter, does the thermal on the Holosun work in daylight?

View Quote

Yes it does. Obviously temperature gradients aren’t as noticeable in inanimate objects but hot bodies still pop.
Originally Posted By panthermark:
Holosun's website sucks.
What is the height over bore?  

I see the NV version is at Optics Planet for $999, but the thermal version seems a lot mo betta.
View Quote

Not sure on that but not anymore than most other red dots at a glance. The thermal imager just makes the scope look really high but it’s all through the same window rather red dot or thermal.
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By bansil:
I can say I was impressed with it, disclaimer: I was drinking beer as we passed around $50K worth of NVG and Thermals

My only past experience was PVS7 and vehicle thermals and everything was better we had. I would of liked to feel it out on a rifle day/night the no magnification was nice and you could definitely pick out details at 100 yards

All the different ones had different uses, BUT the Holosun for me hits day time and night time ops on the farm, my longest shot would be 150meters or so, the no mag. would be a game changer with in a 100 feet of the door for sure.

As far as batteries? I now it was on for at least a few hours it seemed like..

...Canoeguy sorry for your lose
View Quote

Oh I would say we were well over 100k given the number of duals floating around.
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Me:  I want one of these in the worst way

Also me:  I should probably sell all this gun shit that I haven’t touched in years

Link Posted: 10/7/2024 1:44:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Canoeguy] [#50]
Originally Posted By Currahee:
1)  What is your impression on over all durability?  I'm thinking of this as an option on a SHTF/Defensive rifle.

It seems pretty damn stout and well protected. That doesn't make it light however.

2) Did you try it on a rifle with a FSP?  My current thermal has an issue with anything mounted in front of it, but I think the height of the thermal collector might solve that.

We did not do any shooting at this event just due to logistics. Well...other than shooting the mortar.

3) Can you 100% use it in thermal mode with just the red dot reticle?  I'd like to not use the thermal reticle at all.

yes, with multiple options.

4) What batteries does it take?  I've seen that they are rechargeable but can you put in regualr 123s?

I believe they were 18350 flat tops. Rechargeable of course.

View Quote

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top