Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: Today 10:13:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Thickened up Gina is definitely doing it for me....
Link Posted: Today 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m glad Musk is helping foot the bill.  He can buy the best attorneys.  For that reason alone, this could get good.
Link Posted: Today 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pdxshooter:
Elon is footing the bill so there's no amount of money he'll settle for. Nothing short of them handing over the keys to the Kingdom.
View Quote

Yep, no settlement.  Time for some dirty laundry.  I hope it’s painful and illuminating as fuck.
Link Posted: Today 10:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
My son and I were watching Robin Hood a bit ago, one of my favorites as a youth, and I couldn't help but think about how far they have slummed to.
Link Posted: Today 10:38:23 PM EDT
[#5]
She deserves the win…

Link Posted: Today 10:45:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
it's a joke.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

Dude, you're not going to get that date this way.

Just give up.
it's a joke.gif

Sure, sure it is.

Link Posted: Today 10:51:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#7]
Originally Posted By LatentUser:
Disney is going to experience something it hasn't experienced since the McCarthy era...
View Quote

Walt fought the commies and testified against them in the hearings.

Commies who were mad at him for that and resisting their union invented the lies about him and the nazis, from what I gather.

1947 Walt Disney Testifies at HUAC

The union wanted to just get in without an election. Walt seems to have wanted the workers to be able to vote on it.

ETA: Comment from the video:

@AdmiralBonetoPick
5 years ago
Dave Hilberman, the animators' union assistant who began organising the strike in the Disney studio in 1941, by his own admission was a Communist party member, who had even travelled to Russia. The FBI investigated and discovered that Willaim Pomerace, the union's business manager, was also "one of the leading Communists in the movie industry", and their investigation concluded that when the strike began, the union had followed the Communist party line from Moscow. Remember, in those days the USSR was running its 'Comintern' organisation, with cells worldwide, whose express purpose was to spread communism by taking over the leadership of trade union movements and hijacking labour disputes to attempt to overthrow democracy. Although Stalin finally dissolved the organisation in 1943 to appease his WW2 allies, the activities continued in secret. Turned out Walt was right.

Even wiki has to admit some of it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Sorrell#Communist_ties
In 1947, Walt Disney testified before the House Committee on Un-American Activities that he "believed at that time that Mr. Sorrell was a Communist because of all the things that I had heard and having seen his name appearing on a number of Commie front things."[17] Sorrell was also deemed responsible for the rumor of Disney's anti-Semitism, possibly as retaliation for Disney's testimony to the committee on Un-American Activities.[18]

In 1953, in an actor's lawsuit, Sorrell testified that he was never a communist, but he accepted money from them, and "felt free to spend communist money".[18]
Link Posted: Today 10:53:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SkullFarmer:
Kathleen Kennedy's deposition is going to be a lot of fun.
View Quote

The cigar, you should get one:

Link Posted: Today 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]
All of you fuckers bad mouthing Gina need to keep my future ex-wife's name out of your mouth.
Link Posted: Today 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#10]
They didn't even try to hide their double standard. They fired her because she tweeted about how the demonizing of your neighbors is how all of these horrible atrocities started. Meanwhile, her commie fuck face coworker Pedro Pascal is allowed to compare detaining illegal aliens to Auschwitz and that's fine.
Link Posted: Today 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#11]
If she wins a shit ton of $, hopefully she can afford a dietician and a perso trainer again.
Link Posted: Today 11:10:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
They didn't even try to hide their double standard. They fired her because she tweeted about how the demonizing of your neighbors is how all of these horrible atrocities started. Meanwhile, her commie fuck face coworker Pedro Pascal is allowed to compare detaining illegal aliens to Auschwitz and that's fine.
View Quote

On top of that they admitted that they aren't (at least first) an entertainment company, they are a "message" company, and that what she posted is against / not the message they want to be associated with.
Link Posted: Today 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
First, I want to say upfront that Disney sucks, I hope her lawsuit brings out all their dirty laundry and causes them to lose serious coin, and even thicc Gina Carano can ride my face any time.

However...

What is the legal basis for her lawsuit? Political/moral positions aren't protected under law. Or is she saying that they fired her because she was a woman?
Link Posted: Today 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By R2point0:
First, I want to say upfront that Disney sucks, I hope her lawsuit brings out all their dirty laundry and causes them to lose serious coin, and even thicc Gina Carano can ride my face any time.

However...

What is the legal basis for her lawsuit? Political/moral positions aren't protected under law. Or is she saying that they fired her because she was a woman?
View All Quotes

However...

IIRC, it has to do with part of California's labor laws, which makes it illegal for an employer to fire an employee because of their political beliefs. The law was intended to protect leftists from the evil conservatives but is now being violated by those liberals.
Link Posted: Today 11:36:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:

IIRC, it has to do with part of California's labor laws, which makes it illegal for an employer to fire an employee because of their political beliefs. The law was intended to protect leftists from the evil conservatives but is now being violated by those liberals.
View Quote
So she's turning California's stupidity on itself? It just gets better and better.
Link Posted: Today 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By d16man:
Disney will settle our of court.
View Quote

Link Posted: Today 11:46:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Good. I hope she breaks one off in Disney.
Link Posted: Today 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Garand1911:
Hope she goes in dry and breaks it off.
View Quote

Link Posted: Today 11:49:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#19]

However...

View All Quotes

However...

She was fired for her tweets and the other cast members on the show had posted more infllamatory content publicly and there's also the whole thing about the ones not getting fired being males.

Plus someone in the company setup a donation account or something like that for the effort to get rid of gina and etc.

There's some petty skullduggery that went on.

ETA: Explainer video on the legal case

Gina Carano v. Disney, Lucasfilm - Legal Claims BREAKDOWN (Lawyer Explains)

ETA2:

IIRC california has a wrongful discharge law that was probably intended to keep the studios from firing leftists for being crazy leftists and it basically says you can't fire people for political statements.

Link Posted: Today 11:50:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By KonamiCode:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KonamiCode:

Only if she agrees to.

I suspect she might not, with elon backing her.
Link Posted: Today 11:58:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoStockBikes] [#21]
Originally Posted By thesquidliest:
Doubt Disney will let those skeletons see the light of day.  Settlement time is coming, and Ol' Gina will have big ol' tittays and cash.  Noice.
View Quote

Her family’s business bought Ceasar’s Palace in 2020 for $18 billion. She’s in this shit on principle. Which makes it even better, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/18/2024 12:14:58 AM EDT
[#22]
I hope she fucks them deepb and hard. Fucking liberals ruin EVERYTHING
Link Posted: 10/18/2024 12:30:53 AM EDT
[#23]
I hope she fucking wins and digs out all the skeletons
Link Posted: 10/18/2024 12:38:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mikeyb76] [#24]
California's laws against employer political activity or affiliation discrimination, Labor Code 1101 and 1102, prohibit employers from

setting any policy that prevents employees from engaging in political activity or running for political office, or that tries to control or direct employees' political activity,
attempting to control employees' political activities by threatening to engage in political activity retaliation, or
retaliating in any way (including through wrongful termination) against an employee for his/her political beliefs or activities.
https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/labor/harassment/political-retaliation/

Furthermore, Disney has no standing as before Carano's situation came up, Disney fired James Gunn from Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy because of tweets he posted in 2008 and apologized for (I think deleted, too). Nine months later Disney rehired him.  While Gunn's situation was centered around non-protected off-color comedy, its about-face action to rehire Gunn shows that it retaliates against its employees, yet will rescind their position based on monetary impact, not honorable ideals or morals.
Link Posted: 10/18/2024 12:45:19 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Thing about a settlement is, both parties have to agree to it. If Gina wants to take it to trial and such, she doesn't have to accept any settlement.

Too, Disney's legal team seems to be taking the party line that "we didn't do anything wrong and personnel matters are private".
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top