Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 3:32:22 AM EDT
[#1]
If he's gone, may he be resting in peace on the Goodship Grease.  

Sailboaters vs. powerboaters was the best.

He went onto a strange gay thing with the Deliverance, Fudgeman, etc thing around 1988.
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 3:39:56 AM EDT
[#2]
On DC 101 they just announced he did not die!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 4:45:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Never heard of him.

Controversial and fired for racism years ago, one of the first shock jocks I can remember.

Like "kill 4 more and get the whole week off"  Or calling up Air Florida and asking for a one way ticket from National to the 14th Street Bridge?

Stern did the Air Florida bit, that is what got him kicked of DC101 and he was replaced with Grease.  

Damn, I grew up on the Eastern Shore of MD and Grease used to come down to Tilghman Island on the weekends.  My wife and I saw him at the Nations Gunshow at the Dulles Expo Center a few years ago and I got an autographed pic of him.  Really nice guy in person, we swapped lawman stories and talked about The Shore.

RIP Grease!

So, when was the last time you saw all of Buddy's fake gold? lol
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 11:54:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Never heard of him.

Controversial and fired for racism years ago, one of the first shock jocks I can remember.

Like "kill 4 more and get the whole week off"  Or calling up Air Florida and asking for a one way ticket from National to the 14th Street Bridge?

Stern did the Air Florida bit, that is what got him kicked of DC101 and he was replaced with Grease.  

Damn, I grew up on the Eastern Shore of MD and Grease used to come down to Tilghman Island on the weekends.  My wife and I saw him at the Nations Gunshow at the Dulles Expo Center a few years ago and I got an autographed pic of him.  Really nice guy in person, we swapped lawman stories and talked about The Shore.

RIP Grease!

Good old Cap'n Buddy Harrison, boy that man could drink!!! ! He and Grease were tight as thieves, I moved off the Shore 15 years ago, rarely go back now.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Never heard of him.

The "one way ticket to the 14th Street bridge" was part of what got Howard Stern fired from DC-101.  The Greaseman replaced Stern.
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Never heard of him.

The "one way ticket to the 14th Street bridge" was part of what got Howard Stern fired from DC-101.  The Greaseman replaced Stern.

I remember that shit like it happened yesterday, Stern always was an asshole.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#7]
He's alive.

Grease Is Alive, Angry About Death Rumor - 9/24 - A reliable source confirms to DCRTV that DC radio veteran Doug "Greaseman" Tracht (right) is alive and well. Despite the announcement of his demise on his station, Clear Channel rocker DC101, yesterday afternoon and a video on YouTube and wording on a Greaseman fan website that alluded he was a gonner. "Doug is still trying to put the pieces together," a source close to Tracht tells us. "Family members were in tears not knowing his true fate. He was making calls all night just to put things right. He was on his boat and found out about the story last night. He had nothing to do with the rumor and is not too pleased." And, Tracht told a radio trade pub today: "At first I was pissed and then I figured an overzealous Grease fan, or as I like to say, one of our Branch Doodadians, thought I needed extra publicity. But Good Lord, that's the last kind of publicity I'd want to have... This was misleading and twisted, and I'm really saddened about it - and have been on the phone for the last 24 hours telling everyone, including my family, that I am alright. I just did a bit with Elliot this morning on DC101 to dispel this rumor. Why can't I just put on my headphones like anyone else and go to work." More in DCRTV's 9/23 newsblurb.....

From DCRTV
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
He's alive.

Grease Is Alive, Angry About Death Rumor - 9/24 - A reliable source confirms to DCRTV that DC radio veteran Doug "Greaseman" Tracht (right) is alive and well. Despite the announcement of his demise on his station, Clear Channel rocker DC101, yesterday afternoon and a video on YouTube and wording on a Greaseman fan website that alluded he was a gonner. "Doug is still trying to put the pieces together," a source close to Tracht tells us. "Family members were in tears not knowing his true fate. He was making calls all night just to put things right. He was on his boat and found out about the story last night. He had nothing to do with the rumor and is not too pleased." And, Tracht told a radio trade pub today: "At first I was pissed and then I figured an overzealous Grease fan, or as I like to say, one of our Branch Doodadians, thought I needed extra publicity. But Good Lord, that's the last kind of publicity I'd want to have... This was misleading and twisted, and I'm really saddened about it - and have been on the phone for the last 24 hours telling everyone, including my family, that I am alright. I just did a bit with Elliot this morning on DC101 to dispel this rumor. Why can't I just put on my headphones like anyone else and go to work." More in DCRTV's 9/23 newsblurb.....

From DCRTV

SCHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Man I am so glad Grease is still with us!!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Never heard of him.

RIP Grease!

Good old Cap'n Buddy Harrison, boy that man could drink!!! ! He and Grease were tight as thieves, I moved off the Shore 15 years ago, rarely go back now.  

Last time I was down there one of the two black men living on the island stole someones truck and they lifted the bridge till the cops got there from Easton. He wasn't too hard to find.

Old Puff passed away several years ago, he sure always could crack me up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Buddy "BossHogg" Harrison is a TOOL!
Selfinflated ^%$#@#

I used to have to deal with him a LOT.
His son was much better to deal with.

Greaseman broadcasts on a Fredericksburg VA station across the river from me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I listened to him in back on WAPE 690 am in Jax, Florida.  I have a LP with his greatest hits at the time on it and a bunch of mp3'sj.   He's funny as hell

Yep, Doug Tracht. I met him once or twice. He was at WAPE back in the mid to late 70's when I was getting into radio in Jacksonville. He was funny as hell (his lawman bits were a scream).
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Resume "Bottom Knock'n"  
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Selfinflated ^%$#@#

I agree, drunken a@#hole!!  
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Selfinflated ^%$#@#

3rded, lol Little Bud's a lot nicer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Selfinflated ^%$#@#

Remember back in the late 80's when Ches. House caught fire there on Tilghman?  Lot of rumors about it being a torch job!
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Blind man with broom stick on a bus...

Blind man using the restroom in a rest area...

Dolly Parton's BOOBS....

Open mike in the restroom when the weather man went in...

Jax area PTA tried to get him off the air...

Damn, I miss having him in Florida...690 AM The Great Ape.
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#18]
OK, now let's start a petition to get that obnoxious twit douchebag Elliot off the DC101 morning broadcast and replace with the Grease.

DC has some terrible DJs now.

Cerphe- come on, dude, retire already!  Enough of the fake interviews with Coldplay, etc
Elliot- see above
Jack Diamond- Mix 107.  

Mark Kessler used to be really bad too.

Sports Junkies are great.

Anyone remember Adam Smasher on DC101 back in the early 80s?  That's when DC101 absolutely rocked!!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 11:25:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
OK, now let's start a petition to get that obnoxious twit douchebag Elliot off the DC101 morning broadcast and replace with the Grease.

Cerphe- come on, dude, retire already!  Enough of the fake interviews with Coldplay, etc
Elliot- see above
Jack Diamond- Mix 107.  

Anyone remember Adam Smasher on DC101 back in the early 80s?  That's when DC101 absolutely rocked!!!!

Elliot is EXTREMELY OBNIXIOUS, then again, I am in my mid 40's, so I guess he doesn't have the same appeal to me that he does to the younger listeners.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 11:38:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Elliot- see above
Jack Diamond- Mix 107.  

Elliot is EXTREMELY OBNIXIOUS, then again, I am in my mid 40's, so I guess he doesn't have the same appeal to me that he does to the younger listeners.  

I am a bit younger.... I remember the first time I heard him... it was the last time that I turned his show on "purposefully" that cackle of his is horrible.

Thanks heaven the news about Grease is not true.
Link Posted: 9/25/2008 4:01:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Selfinflated ^%$#@#

Remember back in the late 80's when Ches. House caught fire there on Tilghman?  Lot of rumors about it being a torch job!

Lol, don't remember the 80's too well. I was a kid most of the time when I was down there. My dad had a good friend named Roy who lived there, don't remember his last name, and we would always go down there to hang out. Though now that I am a little older I get to watch the videos my dad took of the Baltimore "talent" that Bud would bring down.
Link Posted: 9/25/2008 4:04:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Elliot- see above
Jack Diamond- Mix 107.  

I've been with the Junks along time, since they were first on JFK at nights, they are funny but they are ignorant when it comes to guns and many of the views of thinking people IMO. Atleast they are Ehrlich supporters though.

Eliot is a douche du jor.
Link Posted: 9/25/2008 4:10:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Damn, is Cerphe still around?  I listened to him in high school 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/25/2008 4:35:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
come on and give me a little gobbly gee...

You mean        GOBBLE DA GEE
Link Posted: 9/25/2008 5:45:58 AM EDT
[#25]
That guy makes me LOL.
Link Posted: 9/25/2008 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Selfinflated ^%$#@#

Lol, don't remember the 80's too well. I was a kid most of the time when I was down there. My dad had a good friend named Roy who lived there, don't remember his last name, and we would always go down there to hang out. Though now that I am a little older I get to watch the videos my dad took of the Baltimore "talent" that Bud would bring down.

You mean Buddy Sr's "exotic dancers"????

I've been all over the world and never saw skankier ho's then what Cap'n Buddy "imported!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2008 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Selfinflated ^%$#@#

You mean Buddy Sr's "exotic dancers"????

I've been all over the world and never saw skankier ho's then what Cap'n Buddy "imported!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, they were pretty nasty. Though there were a few "pro's" who didn't look too bad.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top