Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/23/2009 2:39:14 PM EDT
Seriously, what's with all the fancy ar magazines to hit the market? I have been using the same old school aluminum colt and labelle magazines for years and they work just fine. Why all the hype on the new plastic types?
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Seriously, what's with all the fancy ar magazines to hit the market? I have been using the same old school aluminum colt and labelle magazines for years and they work just fine. Why all the hype on the new plastic types?

'Cause you can't pop the top on a LaBelle
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a dozen PMAGs last year and my dick grew three inches.  No shit.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Because you can stomp a PMag or run over it with a truck with no adverse affects.

Try that with your old school aluminum mags and get back to us.
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Because you can stomp a PMag or run over it with a truck with no adverse affects.

with ammo in it

Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#5]
fortier did,in fact ran over them with an m35,dropped them twice and generaly spent the day abusing them,the gi ones did pretty well
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#7]
How 'bout you buy whatever you want, and I won't care?
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#8]
PMAGs or GTFO!
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Pmags are what USGI aluminum mags are not:  Highly dent and damage resistant.

You don't worry about dents or damaged feed lips.  You don't care if an elephant stomps your magazines into the dirt or they get run over by a 10 ton utility truck.

You know they'll work...flawlessly.

It's not hype or bullshit, it's simply the magazine made tougher than the rifle it works with.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
So you're not aware of any shortcomings with the original AR magazines?

Weren't the shortcoming discovered in actual combat?
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:47:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Time goes on, things improve.  The USGI mags may be okay but the PMAGS are simply better.
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You don't worry about dents or damaged feed lips.  You don't care if an elephant stomps your magazines into the dirt or they get run over by a 10 ton utility truck.

It's not hype or bullshit, it's simply the magazine made tougher than the rifle it works with.

CJ

Thats why I had a Pmag double feed back to back ...... IN A MATCH

Mag double feeds, pull mag and clear double feed.  Reinsert mag, shoot first round that was manually chambered and it double feeds again.  Mag was tossed on the ground so I couldnt reuse it again and it cost me a proceduaral penalty.  Finished the stage with USGI's and was fine.  

When I picked the mag up I stripped the rest of the ammo out of it and gave the mag away.  

That nice little double double screwed me royalty and I have vowed I wont use another Pmag again.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I bought a dozen PMAGs last year and my dick grew three inches.  No shit.  

I have also heard that they will attract hot girls, cause your boss to give you a raise (sometimes he even steps aside and gives you his job) and improve your credit rating (arfcomers go from perfect to perfect +1).

Generaly they are like wearing multiple 3 wolf shirts.

Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Ive used both. I own both. I used the GI ones in Iraq, they worked fine. Pmags are cool but the GI ones work and when push comes to shove who cares i dont plan to have my mags run over by a truck.
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Price isn't that different.

I don't have to worry about stepping on an empty mag at a match. PMAG is just more robust.

PMAG holds 30 rounds forever.

PMAGS are a little bulkier and don't fit in smaller pouches.

Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

Mag double feeds, pull mag and clear double feed.  Reinsert mag, shoot first round that was manually chambered and it double feeds again.  Mag was tossed on the ground so I couldnt reuse it again and it cost me a proceduaral penalty.  Finished the stage with USGI's and was fine.  

When I picked the mag up I stripped the rest of the ammo out of it and gave the mag away.  

That nice little double double screwed me royalty and I have vowed I wont use another Pmag again.  

So?   Nobody seems to think that USGI mags are as good after using both.    If the better mag isn't perfect,  it still doesn't change the fact that it's a better mag.

I've had double feeds off of brand new from the wrapper USGI mags.   I've never, ever had a single issue of any kind with a pmag.

It's foolish to abandon a superior product to what you've been using just because it turns out to be superior but not precisely perfect.

CJ

Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I didn't know USGI mags still worked.

Huh.
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CJ

So you had a mag double feed, then reinserted the SAME mag hoping for a different result?  A double feeding mag isnt going to suddenly get better.  

ETA.  Further, you have a sample size of one, and only one bad PMAG.  Is that what you are basing that on?  I know the claim of flawless was just as bad, but you wrote the whole product off cause of one bad mag?
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#22]
because they are tacticool.

if you aint tactical, you aint shit.

FDE is the new black.  gotta have FDE to be tacticool.

Link Posted: 11/23/2009 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Simple, it's about the............

$

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5RSrNFj_is

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#24]
No collection is complete without all types of mags, GI, SS, PMAG, Sig (w/connector) and now the Tango Down mags are the latest 'must haves' for those fashionable arfcomers...

I forgot to mention the color coordinating you can do w/mags and furniture on your AR. Talk about stylin'
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CJ

Did you call Magpul and talk to them about it?

Why do that when he can bitch about them online? Next, he'll cut one into five pieces and post the pic with a "FUCK YOU MAGPUL" caption......

Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll get around to buying some P-Mags one of these days, if my Orlites ever wear out.
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

CJ

So?   Nobody seems to think that USGI mags are as good after using both.    If the better mag isn't perfect,  it still doesn't change the fact that it's a better mag.

I've had double feeds off of brand new from the wrapper USGI mags.   I've never, ever had a single issue of any kind with a pmag.

It's foolish to abandon a superior product to what you've been using just because it turns out to be superior but not precisely perfect.

CJ

If something is going to fuck up and cost me in a match ..... why the fuck do I want to keep it around?

Yall forget .... mags are disposable, when they fuck up you toss them and get new ones.  Pmag fucked up, I tossed it and got a new one.  

If I had USGI's fucking up I would toss them and not run them either.
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#28]
PMAGs cure cancer and are blessed by the Pope.
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#31]
so now somebody has a 4 inch dick...
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

CJ

CJ

If something is going to fuck up and cost me in a match ..... why the fuck do I want to keep it around?

Yall forget .... mags are disposable, when they fuck up you toss them and get new ones.  Pmag fucked up, I tossed it and got a new one.  

Curious...was the PMag in question tested before the match failure?  
In other words, this was a mag you trusted before the match?
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
so now somebody has a 4 inch dick...

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Pmags do seat easier on a closed bolt.
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Out of both of the M4 pics just posted, I didnt see any Pmags..
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You shut your whore mouth!

Everyone knows that P-mags were sent down from heaven on a beam of sunlight and their perfectness is NOT to be questioned!

Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What cave were you living in for the past three years?
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

with ammo in it

The only way a truck runs over my pmags is if I get run over too
. I have both
but the pmags stay loaded.

Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#39]
P-mags work better for me.
If it takes a "fancy" mag to make the gun run right so be it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ive used both. I own both. I used the GI ones in Iraq, they worked fine. Pmags are cool but the GI ones work and when push comes to shove who cares i dont plan to have my mags run over by a truck.

Give that man a cigar. I have heard all these wild ass "what if's" on here and it leads me to think if Magpul made penis flavored lollipops the boys on here would be buying them by the case.
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
So you're not aware of any shortcomings with the original AR magazines?

New Magpul followers solves all. I bought a metric ass load of basic black Pmags and orange followers for all my aluminum mags two years ago. Sitting pretty now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#42]
I run both. I like both.The Pmags look better, but that doesn't mean much.
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

do that with yours and post pics
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By Outsydlooknin7

Yall forget .... mags are disposable, when they fuck up you toss them and get new ones. Pmag fucked up, I tossed it and got a new one.

So, if you screw up and lose the match and its not the equipment's fault do you throw yourself in the trash can?  

Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give that man a cigar. I have heard all these wild ass "what if's" on here and it leads me to think if Magpul made penis flavored lollipops the boys on here would be buying them by the case.

hahahaha

dont piss in my magpul koolaid.  I just bought a sling, sling plate, CTR stock, BAD and trigger guard for my next build......and 10 windowed Pmags.

I like my magpul koolaid.  but I still have many more USGI mags and I use them more often.
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Out of both of the M4 pics just posted, I didnt see any Pmags..

I think the point the makers of the pics is that all the geewhiz doohas people add on is like dressing up a Barbie doll. People DO sometimes get carried away.....

Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#48]
wish i was allowed pmags
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Group buy?

Why do people hate quality products?
Link Posted: 11/23/2009 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

CJ

CJ

What are you going to start useing if you have a USGI fuck up?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top