http://i.imgur.com/eQoSzQc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nazjs6W.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/v4qSuFD.jpg

Barrel is 14.5" DD Carbine Length CHF, M4 Profile
http://i.imgur.com/EzIdqf5.jpg
View Quote

I'm hard........

....pressed to find a sexier carbine than this

I'm doing something similar with Aervoe paint, but doing the rail as well. It's a DD RIS FSP

I'm curious, is that Magpul FDE Duracoat? If not, what coating/color?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Still diggin' around for an su-231

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Supra_MK3:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5548/11273233305_53ce7a0d75_b.jpg
Block II inspired
View Quote

screw inspired, that is one sexy bitch!!!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Family photo for Xmas

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:01:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Love it! Up close and personal on the right, reach out and touch someone on the left!

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:07:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#9]
Double tap!

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:25:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By Roadblock:

Love it! Up close and personal on the right, reach out and touch someone on the left!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Hell, you could reach out and touch someone with that 8ft shovel.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone have some spare taper pins for the colt FSB? Ill buy them
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#13]

lol
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#14]
3rd SFG shenanigans:
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#15]

That's badass.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:
That's badass.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

That's badass.
Sweet jacket too.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Cool pic, but not Block II/PR
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:

View All Quotes

scout snipers
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By R0N:

scout snipers
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R0N:

scout snipers

Indeed.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Very nice rifles here. Do most people build their own upper or can you purchase a complete Block II upper? I've seen one on the DD site but it has the black rail.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By leavemealone:
Very nice rifles here. Do most people build their own upper or can you purchase a complete Block II upper? I've seen one on the DD site but it has the black rail.
View Quote

Get in touch with Neil @ Gun Gallery Jax....a few weeks ago they had Noveske one with a surefire flash hider
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

There's always at least 2 in the EE
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By hatexoc:
View Quote

I do, I'll send you a PM.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I also need a set of Colt taper pins for the F marked front sight.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:57:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lawdog-1] [#25]
Sorry, double post.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Built mine, but it's evolved in the last 4 years.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#27]
LMT GEN 1 SOPMOD with KAC QD socket adapter question!

So um oviously the two are not really designed to go together. However a lot of people are running that setup. When I tighten down the screws on mine it the top edges of the block pull into the slit line that a webbed sling would normally run threw and then the adapter is all crooked.

Do you guys just run them like that or is there a trick to mounting one that I'm order looking?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By patriot_man:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By patriot_man:

Originally Posted By hatexoc:

FYI - Brownells has them in stock (http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/sight-parts/sight-pins/sight-taper-pin-front-prod4768.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=COLT).  Not minimum order requirement.

SAW also has them, but I believe they have minimum order requirement.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#29]

So um oviously the two are not really designed to go together. However a lot of people are running that setup. When I tighten down the screws on mine it the top edges of the block pull into the slit line that a webbed sling would normally run threw and then the adapter is all crooked.

Do you guys just run them like that or is there a trick to mounting one that I'm order looking?
View Quote

I had no issues with mine. I think mine was set to the rear to make it fit, it's been so long, I wish I could be more useful.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe there are several different models of the adapter for different stocks. Maybe you have the wrong model?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:26:03 AM EDT
[#31]

My clone is already a clone of a clone anyway so at this point I don't think it matters!

I have a factory DD upper, not a thing COLT in it. It's a full DD with the KAC taupe front sight and the KAC micro rear.

My lower is a Noveske with almost ALL DD parts. Used a DD LPK, DD stock tube and buffer. The only non DD parts are the BCM grip, KAC trigger guard and LMT Gen 1 SOPMOD.

So my clone is already screwed! I just can't see spending the money on a COLT 6920SOCOM when the DD makes better guns/uppers in my personal opinion.

Can't justify the ELCAN either! I was going to buy one but I bought a SCAR 17S instead.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Will816:
I need help from my BLOCK II brothers. I tried posting this question in the optics section but I don't think I'm going to get the response I'm looking for.

I have an SU-231a (EXPS3-0TAN) and I would like to add a magnifier for hunting Coyote. I don't care if the magnifier is 100% "kosher" I just need something affordable. I can't really afford to spend $550.00+ dollars on a G33 right now.

Friend of mine has one of the newer Primary Arms 3x Gen III long eye relief magnifiers combo'ed with the taller ADM flip forward mount for small game hunting and he loves it. I tried his out and it's crystal clear and in my price range. I don't need military grade, I'm just using it for Coyote a couple times a year.

I found a real Aimpoint Twist-off Mount with the riser plate for $75.00 dollars, used. These normally run about $200.00+ with the riser add-on.

My question is... Will this mount, with the riser sit up high enough to have proper alignment with the SU-231a? The seller says it works perfectly with the SU-231 (553) but the only pictures I can find of this combo is with the EOTECH 511 and 512 and with the riser installed it appears to fit exactly at the right height for those optics. I know the SU-231 and SU-231a sit higher..?

Any info would be great.

While I don't have any experience with that exact set up, I have used a single magnifier behind both my 511 and my 553. Never noticed an issue. The magnification likely restricts the field of view to the point that it's narrow enough to fit through with either set up. So you're probably good to go.

On the other hand, clones and affordability rarely go hand in hand, so your only option is to get the Elcan

My clone is already a clone of a clone anyway so at this point I don't think it matters!

I have a factory DD upper, not a thing COLT in it. It's a full DD with the KAC taupe front sight and the KAC micro rear.

My lower is a Noveske with almost ALL DD parts. Used a DD LPK, DD stock tube and buffer. The only non DD parts are the BCM grip, KAC trigger guard and LMT Gen 1 SOPMOD.

So my clone is already screwed! I just can't see spending the money on a COLT 6920SOCOM when the DD makes better guns/uppers in my personal opinion.

Can't justify the ELCAN either! I was going to buy one but I bought a SCAR 17S instead.  

Now if you buy an ELCAN 1.5-6x for the SCAR 17s,...that would be winning!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:52:37 AM EDT
[#32]
It's tough for me to not snag an FDE SCAR 17S as my Christmas present to myself.

Issue is, with how crazy fast the new ATF eForm system has been...I'm also expecting 4 Form 1s to be approved within the month. With that said, I need to do some SBR upper shopping as well.

It's a good problem to have I guess.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:25:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:01:08 PM EDT
[#35]

Nice to see Surefire flash hiders.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:12:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ihcnehc] [#37]

100% re-post, just slight  bigger pictures.  Elcan, Insight WMX200, Surefire SOCOM stuff (flash hiders and can), etc.  And Colts.  Carbine length.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:28:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#38]
As much as I like my BLOCK II, that BLOCK 1.5 in the above post is sick! I really need to build a 1.5 upper in 5.56. I already have the drop in KAC hand-guards and a MATECH sight. They are on my .22LR plinker.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:52:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#39]

As much as I like my BLOCK II, that BLOCK 1.5 in the above post is sick! I really need to build a 1.5 upper in 5.56. I already have the drop in KAC hand-guards and a MATECH sight. They are on my .22LR plinker.

View Quote

I had my 1.5 clone set up very similar. I sold the upper, but I do miss that setup:

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:55:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#40]

Or

iginally Posted By wayfaerer320:

View All Quotes
Or

iginally Posted By wayfaerer320:

I had my 1.5 clone set up very similar. I sold it, but I do miss that setup:

My .22LR is somewhat like that. The KAC rail, panels, vert grip and the rear sight are all real. Well, the whole guns real but the PEQ-15 and the SOPMOD stock are Airsoft. The SOPMOD actually says LMT on it where it should but it was only $22.00 dollars shipped. It looks spot on though. Someone who doesn't know what a real LMT looks like would NEVER know. I have a real LMT Gen 1 on my BLOCK II but I couldn't see spending the coin on one for my .22LR plinker!

Before and after pictures. After I removed the red and white coloring from the lower receiver.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#41]

one of my favorite setups i had. no more Elcan though. Recently just went back to the ACOG TA31F
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:09:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#42]
So I was going threw my pictures to find those BLOCK 1.5 .22LR plinker pictures and I found these... I still have this rail. It's sitting in the bottom of my safe. I've been meaning to send it out to have it anodized for a couple years now. I totally forgot about it! This rail has never been anodized, it's in the raw.
Daniel Defense A2 RIS II Mark 1.
The only other one I've ever seen was on a picture Stickman posted one time.
This rail was actually really cool. If you needed to remove the lower to attach your M203, you just took out two thumb screws that fit where the funny circle cut outs are at and then the lower just dropped out. It was just held in the back by fitting into a slot.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:20:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#43]
I found the article that goes with my above post. It was designed to be a standard RIS II and an RIS II FSP too.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?241-Daniel-Defense-RIS-II-A-Brief-History

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By cowboy:
I remember those from the wee early days of the Block 2 stuff being thrown about. I didn't know any of them existed though. Good score!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cowboy:

I found the article that goes with my above post. It was designed to be a standard RIS II and an RIS II FSP too.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?241-Daniel-Defense-RIS-II-A-Brief-History

I remember those from the wee early days of the Block 2 stuff being thrown about. I didn't know any of them existed though. Good score!

Yeah it's kind of interesting. It's in the raw so it needs to go out and be finished. I've been wanting to send it out to U.S. Anodizing. I've been doing that for two years now, never actually seem to get around to it.

I actually bought two of them. My buddy has the other one and he just rattle canned it. You don't get the "hard coat" finishing if you don't have it sent out to be professionally done but it's held up OK for him. Then again we are not dropping into Afghanistan anytime soon either!

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#46]

So I was going threw my pictures to find those BLOCK 1.5 .22LR plinker pictures and I found these... I still have this rail. It's sitting in the bottom of my safe. I've been meaning to send it out to have it anodized for a couple years now. I totally forgot about it! This rail has never been anodized, it's in the raw.

This rail was actually really cool. If you needed to remove the lower to attach your M203, you just took out two thumb screws that fit where the funny circle cut outs are at and then the lower just dropped out. It was just held in the back by fitting into a slot.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/AR%20Rifles/DSC08127.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/AR%20Rifles/DSC08128.jpg  
View Quote

Cool!  But sending it off for anodizing?  Just spray-paint that shit!

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

View All Quotes

The anodizing will help keep the metal from getting scratched too badly.  It's more than just cosmetic.  It hardens the surface.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:36:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Will816] [#48]
Originally Posted By FAB-10_Guy:

The anodizing will help keep the metal from getting scratched too badly.  It's more than just cosmetic.  It hardens the surface.
View All Quotes

Is it bare aluminum?  The pics make it look like some lighter shade of FDE almost.  How/where did you get it?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

I had my 1.5 clone set up very similar. I sold the upper, but I do miss that setup:

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/javaman85/P1010451-2_zpsd181e3fe.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/javaman85/P1010451-2_zpsd181e3fe.jpg

Hate to rub salt in the wound, but I'm far from an FSB fan, and far from a carbine length handguard fan, but I always found this particular setup of yours to be killer.

Honestly, probably my favorite of any FSB rig I've seen.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:30:50 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I know I know, I just like spray-paint.

Page / 908
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top