Page / 912
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By JRas:

Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Originally Posted By XD45ACP:

Does the DD RIS II FSP come with the barrel nut wrench or is that separate.... Can't get an answer from DD... Thanks.

Separate.

I received a wrench with my rail, bought one separate thinking it wasn't included.

My brother bought a wrench when he ordered his Mk18 rail so I used his when my RIS II showed up.  Reckon it's hit or miss.

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JRas:

Originally Posted By XD45ACP:
Does the DD RIS II FSP come with the barrel nut wrench or is that separate.... Can't get an answer from DD... Thanks.

Separate.

I received a wrench with my rail, bought one separate thinking it wasn't included.

Yeah. I don't know of any factory new DD handguards that don't ship with a barrel nut wrench.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Way I understood it, they didn't, but now do? I bought mine used and it had the tool, so hard to say.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GAshooter11:
i also received a wrench with my rail.

not sure if this ones been posted but i like it
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af328/nicCartel/042712-woitowicz-800_zps00271c2d.jpeg

This is how I was considering setting my rifle up but hadn't seen the RCO on one. When the cqbr gets approved and gets my T1 an RCO will go on the block II I think.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By Tmender03:

Way I understood it, they didn't, but now do? I bought mine used and it had the tool, so hard to say.

Must be; I know neither of our rails showed up with wrenches.

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine never came with a wrench, I had to buy the old style wrench.  Once I moved the rail to my block II build, I had lost that wrench and had to buy the new style wrench.  Now that I no longer have any of my uppers with RIS II uppers I know exactly where both of my DD wrenches are, go figure.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#8]
My RIS II did not come with a wrench. The older ones did NOT. My newer RIS II FSP did.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I went ahead and just ordered a wrench too just in case....
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 4:15:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#10]
Originally Posted By pilatuspilot:
Decided that I was going to do this. May even do an LMT M203 for the only major stamp not in my collection. I had ADCO lop the end off of a 14.5 inch barrel. Still trying to decide if I want to put an Eotech 553 on this upper or pull my ACOG off my MK18 upper. I missed the boat on the Elcans.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/pilatuspilot/M41.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/pilatuspilot/M42.jpg

I still need to get the rest of the phased replacement parts. Pretty well stuck on my SF scout light though.

ETA: Has anyone ever seen an ARMS 40L on a Block II gun?

RC

That is an awesome little carbine!  Can I have it?  

Based on what little information I have - this is a mockup that I've made of what they might look like - though I would suspect with much more spray paint.  

I dunno, it just "feels" right.  Still haven't seen one in photographs, though.  

The ARMS #40L is available in the system, you see them once in a while, though they're not the most common sight out there.  Don't think I've ever seen one on a "real" Block II, but then again, a good number of them appear to have no BUIS at all.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#12]

In the club yet? Waiting on the teardrop and matech KAC combo along with the XPS3.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#13]
So if one were to build a gl/ssc carbine clone, which thread would that fit into?
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 6:27:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#14]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

kind of like a GL / SSC

No, that was the Block I version.  

Originally Posted By Socomike:
So if one were to build a gl/ssc carbine clone, which thread would that fit into?

Both?  

I think there has been more discussion about the GL/SSC in the M4A1 thread so far than the CQBR thread.  You could make an argument for both, though.  

The point was to get a "companion" weapon to the CQBR, but that could still mount the M203 - but it was based on an M4A1 barrel.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Who knows. It's a true rarity
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Augee:
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

kind of like a GL / SSC

No, that was the Block I version.  

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/glssc_zpsce4e79a4.jpg

Both?  

I think there has been more discussion about the GL/SSC in the M4A1 thread so far than the CQBR thread.  You could make an argument for both, though.  

The point was to get a "companion" weapon to the CQBR, but that could still mount the M203 - but it was based on an M4A1 barrel.  

~Augee

Augee, I remember seeing somewhere that the GL/ssc used a URX II mid length. Any truth to that?
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I've always wanted a block 1 gl/ssc just like the one you posted augee. Maybe I'll build one. The question is, where do i post it when I'm done? . Maybe both here and the mk18 thread.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I've always wanted a block 1 gl/ssc just like the one you posted augee. Maybe I'll build one. The question is, where do i post it when I'm done? . Maybe both here and the mk18 thread.

In 6-8 months we can make a GL/SSC thread. Only a few people will post in it though
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 6:55:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#19]
Originally Posted By ragincajun1919:

Augee, I remember seeing somewhere that the GL/ssc used a URX II mid length. Any truth to that?

I've heard rumors to that effect as well, but I couldn't tell you.  

The 12.5" M4A1 is a rare bird, and I have only very vague information on it.  My understanding is that it was limited to a single unit, and in numbers less than two hundred examples.

There's less information on them than the legendary "recce."  

I have no idea if they're even still currently in service or in what configuration - for all I know, it could have been done once, then the carbines re-barreled with 10.3" or 14.5" barrels after an operational rotation, and never repeated.    

All I know is that a certain unit "developed" the concept of M4A1s cut down to 12.5" barrels to use with the M203, and Daniel Defense made (IIRC?) 150 of the RIS II GL/SSCs for a contract, have not been asked to make more, and do not seem to intend to do so unless another contract comes their way.  Whether that's because the idea has been dropped, or because they're using URX IIs, I couldn't tell you.  

If I had to make a guess, I think it was more of a "one off," and is for all intents and purposes defunct, but that's honestly nothing more than a WAG.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#21]
12.5"
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#23]

In 6-8 months we can make a GL/SSC thread. Only a few people will post in it though

That would be shortest lived "clone picture" thread in arfcom history.  It would be 4-5 of us posting pictures of our rifles at the range and around our house.  I'm game
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#24]

That would be shortest lived "clone picture" thread in arfcom history.  It would be 4-5 of us posting pictures of our rifles at the range and around our house.  I'm game

Jerks.

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Does anyone have plans on switching to the exps3 series or sticking with the 553?
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By cowboy:

Was there a DD GL/SSC rail buy that I wasn't privy to? Or am I lost?

+1... I need more DD Rails!

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#28]

interested.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Far as I know, Stickman is the only SOB with one of those white whales.

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By rippleadder:

Does anyone have plans on switching to the exps3 series or sticking with the 553?

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#31]

553.  That thing just looks like it is meant for the Block II.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#32]

It's a thought once stock starts coming back around. Although I like my 553's, I'd like to free up more rail space and lose a little bit of weight.

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#33]

No GL/SSC buy. I think it would be a few rifles like the 12.5" just posted or 12.5" with URX II
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 10:05:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#36]

No GL/SSC buy. I think it would be a few rifles like the 12.5" just posted or 12.5" with URX II

Rgr. Thanks.

To bad.  Would be pretty sweet if they did a run of them, but im not holding my breath.  So for now it will have to be a block 1 or Phased Replacement GL/SSC carbine.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#37]
http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag139/falconsfootball23/photo10_zps0219e1da.jpg

Colt LE6920
DD RIS II FSP FDE
Standard A2 Flash Hider
Magpul AFG2 and ACS-L in FDE
Standard Grip
Inisght M3X with Tape switch ( I know its black but for $140 new from Dvor.com I couldn't complain)

Tan Eotech XPS3 is incoming and I also really want to get a sopmod stock with the QD but with the way everything is right now I'm just going wait it out. Any comments or suggestions feel free! I love this thread!
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 10:52:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By falconsfootball23:
http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag139/falconsfootball23/photo10_zps0219e1da.jpg

Colt LE6920
DD RIS II FSP FDE
Standard A2 Flash Hider
Magpul AFG2 and ACS-L in FDE
Standard Grip
Inisght M3X with Tape switch ( I know its black but for $140 new from Dvor.com I couldn't complain)

Tan Eotech XPS3 is incoming and I also really want to get a sopmod stock with the QD but with the way everything is right now I'm just going wait it out. Any comments or suggestions feel free! I love this thread!

I forgot to mention that a PRI gas buster is on the way!
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#39]
anyone know who has the 215A in stock?
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 7:24:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:
anyone know who has the 215A in stock?

No, but if you find them let me know... I are interested as well!
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 8:59:47 PM EDT
[#41]
what did most of you guys do with your uppers? build them yourself, order a midlength from BCM, or send parts to a builder?

i want simplicity which would say get it from BCM as one of their complete uppers, but part of me still wants either the regular or socom m4 barrel with carbine gas, which would mean i would have to buy all the parts seperate and ship it to someone like adco, but its a few hundred dollars more expensive when all said and done.

damn ive been in this thread for so long, mark my words, one day, ONE day i will have a block II upper. probably around the time all of you are working on your 3.5 builds.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#42]
what did most of you guys do with your uppers? build them yourself, order a midlength from BCM, or send parts to a builder?

i want simplicity which would say get it from BCM as one of their complete uppers, but part of me still wants either the regular or socom m4 barrel with carbine gas, which would mean i would have to buy all the parts seperate and ship it to someone like adco, but its a few hundred dollars more expensive when all said and done.

damn ive been in this thread for so long, mark my words, one day, ONE day i will have a block II upper. probably around the time all of you are working on your 3.5 builds.

Built mine myself
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#43]

If and when they go to Block III, I'll be too bankrupt to build one anyway...

Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

I know the idea of a Block III gets tossed around in our little thread quite a bit but I don't see it happening. With war winding down and budgets getting cut, an upgrade to an already GREAT equipment kit is not going to happen. I think we'll be up to speed with our Block II's for quite a while
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#45]

Built mine myself

can you give a parts list of what you bought? im trying to figure out the most cost effective way of getting the setup i want
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Will816:
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

I know the idea of a Block III gets tossed around in our little thread quite a bit but I don't see it happening. With war winding down and budgets getting cut, an upgrade to an already GREAT equipment kit is not going to happen. I think we'll be up to speed with our Block II's for quite a while

it may be 10 years down the road but i may still not have a block ii done by then
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#47]

Built mine myself

+1

Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 10:00:23 PM EDT
[#49]

Built mine myself

can you give a parts list of what you bought? im trying to figure out the most cost effective way of getting the setup i want

Dd risii
Lo pro gas block (I used Troy)
Carbine gas tube
LMT M4 upper
I used a PSA 16" barrel because of the miter mount
DD risii tool was included
Cheapo plastic receiver blocks
Bench vise
Harbor freight torque wrench
And then assembled it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#50]

Built mine myself

Dd risii
Lo pro gas block (I used Troy)
Carbine gas tube
LMT M4 upper
I used a PSA 16" barrel because of the miter mount
DD risii tool was included
Cheapo plastic receiver blocks
Bench vise
Harbor freight torque wrench
And then assembled it.

i was looking at barrelled uppers but i think individual components will save a little  bit of money, but since i want a 14.5" barrel the pinning cost is a pita.
Page / 912
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top