User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 31
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Weak spring is not the problem.  I am using an extra stiff spring and it did increase the force needed to move the selector, it did not stop it from moving after shooting 10 rounds.  It travels from semi to binary with touching it.  I would guess the detent hole is not deep enough to apply enough force to prevent the selector from moving while firing.  I think they need to redesign the safety and fix this problem.  

What gets me is this is such an obvious problem that they should of fixed this problem before releasing this to the public.

Just another example of consumer tested product that fails.

I enjoy shooting it and it is an ammo pig.  Double taps are super easy once you can control the recoil. It is not equal to full auto, but very close.
View Quote
If it was a problem exhibited by all Echos, making it a major design flaw, I would be inclined to agree w/ your comment in bold but I ran their selector for awhile before switching it out... & it functioned correctly. I just didn't care for the look.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:46:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I am sure if you guys contact fostech they will take care of your problems to the best of their abilities.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 1:07:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone got a cheap source on just the bolt carriers?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 1:11:18 AM EDT
[#4]
johnson184

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/551100B.htm
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 1:58:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nope. Couldn't get it to work with a 22 so I got rid of it. I had preordered it way back when it was a drop in trigger only without all of this modified carrier BS.
View Quote
Probably not what you want to hear, but I have had pretty good luck with the BFS3. It runs really well in my mpx.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:01:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am sure if you guys contact fostech they will take care of your problems to the best of their abilities.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Probably not what you want to hear, but I have had pretty good luck with the BFS3. It runs really well in my mpx.
View Quote
I had the BFS2 way back when. It worked well but the hammer follow was too much. I think I'll revisit binary type triggers in a few years.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#8]
hi guy`s!

i had ordered my echo in Aug of 2016. just received it Apr. 2nd. i have just now found time to install in an Anderson lower.

as i looked at the unit i noticed a few burrs on it. has anyone had a unit like this? anyway, as i started to drop it in the lower,
it would not go down in. reason: the bushing for the hammer pin was sticking out a hair and would not let the unit drop in.

so i tapped the bushing back in place. no biggie! i then tried to drop it in again, this time it when in a little deeper but stopped
until it got to the back end of the unit where a burr around the left side of the unit where one of the springs is captured.

so i pulled it out and filed the burr off. now it drops in. i`m stopping right here and not going any further. have any of you had similar
problems with there unit? if so, please respond with what you have come across. i`m stopping install until i get a little more feed back.

some of these burrs are places i don`t think really matter but i want to be sure before i do any more. did Fostech let a little quality
control go by the way-side in order to fulfill orders? i tried going back and reading some of the prior posts but i did not see anyone
writing about this.

i`m hoping if i would have to send unit back for some reason i wont be put back another 6 months to get another.

has any of you guy`s had to send their`s back? if so, did you receive a replacement right away or did you wait a good while to get it.

thanks for any responses.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I tried to run a BFS3 with ramped bolt, H2 buffer, Rock river 16" 9mm upper and performance was very poor.
I used the "heavier" buffer spring that came with the trigger.
I had quite a few jams and hammer follow through's. I tried 115, 124 and 147 and could not get it to run.
I also have the echo and used a .223 Adams arms evo ultra lite upper, Spikes lower and that ran really well. I modified the adams arms carrier. Only one stoppage in 120 rounds
I then tried the BFS3 in my LWRC piston upper and LWRC lower. Using the carbine buffer and H2 buffer and it ran ok but not great. I did use the heavier spring that came with it. I could not get the rhythm down. The echo ran much better and much faster for me YMMV
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 3:33:34 PM EDT
[#10]
hi, thanks for your im`s.

installed my echo yesterday. tested the unit as per instructions and worked as it should.
i had no problems with the selector being too stiff or too loose. as a matter of fact, it was smoother
than a lot of my std. ar`s. did not measure my trigger pull yet. but it felt like about 4-5lbs. but a nice clean, crisp break.

if i have time latter on this evening, i`m going to load a few mags and try it out in my back-yard range.

FYI, i have the BFS3. as far as trigger pulls go, imo the Echo has a much cleaner pull and the trigger reset before the release shot
is not as harsh and gritty.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:06:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone own or frequently use a full auto M16? How would you say the experience compares to binary triggers?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:45:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I've heard that you can't put the Echo in Colt lowers. Is that true?

I've got a pair of 6920's that I'd like to put the 2 Echoes I'm waiting on in.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've heard that you can't put the Echo in Colt lowers. Is that true?

I've got a pair of 6920's that I'd like to put the 2 Echoes I'm waiting on in.
View Quote
as long as they're small pin lowers the echo will fit but you will need to mill the wall out of the lower more than likely.

the bfs3 should drop right in if you don't want to mod your lowers.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't have much M16 trigger time, but I've put a good number of rounds through various full auto guns over the years.  

The Echo takes more thought, because you're splitting your focus between maintaining your sight picture, managing recoil, and controlling your trigger pull rhythm.  That said, it's way easier than bump fire stocks, and on a rifle with manageable recoil, it's pretty easy to get the hang of.  If you're running a good muzzle brake, control is easy but sight picture is a bit trickier due to all of the flash, especially with irons.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't have much M16 trigger time, but I've put a good number of rounds through various full auto guns over the years.  

The Echo takes more thought, because you're splitting your focus between maintaining your sight picture, managing recoil, and controlling your trigger pull rhythm.  That said, it's way easier than bump fire stocks, and on a rifle with manageable recoil, it's pretty easy to get the hang of.  If you're running a good muzzle brake, control is easy but sight picture is a bit trickier due to all of the flash, especially with irons.
View Quote
Add a can & it gets much less trickier & a whole lot more fun.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Add a can & it gets much less trickier & a whole lot more fun.
View Quote
I need to get off my ass and get the paperwork going to get a can.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#17]
For the guys that have had this trigger for awhile. Would you trust you life with an Echo trigger or is it just a range toy?
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#18]
if you can get the selector to stop slipping from fire and echo it is a thorough shtf tool right now mines classified a toy
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#19]
My echo has been flawless through 1200 rounds. I trust it just as much as any other trigger I have. There is alot more going on than in a regular trigger so it is more personal opinion than anything.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I was at the range yesterday. I had a double tap in semi on accident and it must of been how I held the trigger. The range officer was very cool and suggested I inspect the trigger as it's 1 shot per second. I checked and it was me and not the trigger as I couldn't reproduce it by shooting normal. We did talk quite a bit as I showed him the trigger and let him shoot some cans.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Sold mine. A number of QC issues they need to resolve and every part was lower quality than I like. Paid real estate taxes with the $. Yea!
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Not a range toy imo. Both the ECHO and BFS can be tuned to be dependable.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:22:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
For the guys that have had this trigger for awhile. Would you trust you life with an Echo trigger or is it just a range toy?
View Quote
I trust mine fully, it's in my bedside go-to & I made that choice w/ a safe full of Geissele & KAC trigger equipped rigs to choose from.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#24]
What buffer weight and buffer spring are you guys running?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm running the Echo in a suppressed 12.5" SBR - Slash's XH buffer / Wolff XP spring
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
the echo isn't too picky about the setup. 

this is an lmt 12"piston upper with a carbine spring and h2 buffer , factory setup
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#27]
100% toy (for now - but I sincerely hope this changes).

It works, and actually has a decent-enough trigger feel.  But I've seen two break due to poorly cast/milled/finished parts. Specifically a hammer snapping in two just after 1000r, and one of the ends of a seer trip snapping off in <500.  Not a huge number of failures versus the number of units sold, but catastrophic/gun-stopping issues specifically due to porous casting and possibly improper hardening (I'm guessing, FWIW).  Compared to the number of Geissele triggers I've seen self destruct over YEARS of manufacture/use (ZERO)... not good.

Add this to a cast/finished safety end cap that creates rough operation and a less-than-positive engagement feel...safety levers that have so much play between the selector 'barrel' and lever ends that you depend 100% on over-torqueing a TINY screw to keep the levers from shifting around.  It's just not confidence inspiring.

At a MINIMUM, they need to take a good, hard look at the manufacturing process for the hammer, and then the safety end cap with the detents.  I pray they address these issues and offer updated/upgraded parts to existing owners over time, but until then, the Fostech Echo Trigger remains a tremendously innovative design let down by an absolute shit manufacturing process and poor QC on some key parts.  

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 4:12:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I finally got mine to the range today.  I loved it!!  It performed flawlessly and was a blast.  I did however find one issue with it..........I went through ammo quick !   But it was worth it!!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It works, and actually has a decent-enough trigger feel.  But I've seen two break due to poorly cast/milled/finished parts. Specifically a hammer snapping in two just after 1000r, and one of the ends of a seer trip snapping off in <500.  Not a huge number of failures versus the number of units sold, but catastrophic/gun-stopping issues specifically due to porous casting and possibly improper hardening (I'm guessing, FWIW).  Compared to the number of Geissele triggers I've seen self destruct over YEARS of manufacture/use (ZERO)... not good.

Add this to a cast/finished safety end cap that creates rough operation and a less-than-positive engagement feel...safety levers that have so much play between the selector 'barrel' and lever ends that you depend 100% on over-torqueing a TINY screw to keep the levers from shifting around.  It's just not confidence inspiring.

At a MINIMUM, they need to take a good, hard look at the manufacturing process for the hammer, and then the safety end cap with the detents.  I pray they address these issues and offer updated/upgraded parts to existing owners over time, but until then, the Fostech Echo Trigger remains a tremendously innovative design let down by an absolute shit manufacturing process and poor QC on some key parts.  
View Quote
Was not aware of the failures referenced. Good info to know, thanks for posting. 
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Would love to see pictures of the two that you saw break. Please upload.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Running off the phone for the next week or two.  So a little awkward to post anything, let alone pics.  But both have been in the 'Visitor Posts' section of the 'Fostech MFG' Facebook page.  Shouldn't be too hard to find, as they both occurred over the past week or so.  The seer trip 'tab' is the one I saw first hand.  The hammer, only in pics.

Watching close to see how Fostech addresses each. Provided they stand by their product/fix/provide replacement parts, etc., I'll keep mine since it's a BLAST to shoot. I just have some reservations (as described).  If they make improvements over time and let users upgrade w/newer parts when availible, I'll definitely sing their praises.  I WANT this to be more than a range toy... but for now, I stick by my criticisms above.

Fingers crossed.

Quoted:

Would love to see pictures of the two that you saw break. Please upload.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I haven't had any reliability issues with mine, but handling a defensive shoot would be bad enough in court without that mod being brought into the mix.  If someone breaks into my house in the middle of the night, I'm not grabbing the echo-equipped rifle.  In a hypothetical Red Dawn/Zombie Apocalypse scenario, I'd be glad I had it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Has anyone else noticed that the trigger is shorter than the standard GI trigger?   There is a noticeable gap between trigger guard and bottom of trigger.

I shot my Fostech M4 for the first time today, worked perfectly, I'm impressed.
I'm sure that over time there will be improvements in the trigger,  but I'm impressed so far.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:14:45 AM EDT
[#34]
received a shipping notice today (8 May 2017).  order was placed on 4 Jan 2017.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Has anyone else noticed that the trigger is shorter than the standard GI trigger?   There is a noticeable gap between trigger guard and bottom of trigger.

I shot my Fostech M4 for the first time today, worked perfectly, I'm impressed.
I'm sure that over time there will be improvements in the trigger,  but I'm impressed so far.
View Quote
It bothered my trigger finger a lot during try fire. Not so much during live fire
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Ordered and paid deposit 1/3/17, got the email it was ready and paid the rest on 5/9/17.  Hopefully I will have it soon.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'll cover it in my video 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha. Can you elaborate on this? Thanks for the heads up.
I'll cover it in my video 
Hey Muad, how's that video coming along?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Ordered mine 12/28/2016 and it was delivered yesterday 05/10/2017.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:37:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Glad to see they're catching up on orders.  When I got mine at the end of January, it had been on backorder for 9+ months.  Now they're down to 4 months.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Ordered Jan 16 expecting USPS delivery tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:24:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Ordered 1/2/17 - Delivered 5/12/17

Installed into a CMMG Mk9 9mm pistol
Modified CMMG 9mm Bolt carrier so upper barely closes. Very tight, might work the angle back a little more.
3/16" Nylon spacer mod

The safety selector that comes with this kit is 200% garbage. Its not positive in any way. I'm not sure how something can manage to be mushy and super hard to move at the same time. Going to try to fill some gaps in the selector head and selector with JB weld. see if I can improve it at all.

1st fire check. Don't mind that flopping trigger finger, its hard to contain yourself having never worked a trigger like this before.

https://youtu.be/3V03IKOTUwI
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Liquidplasma - Looks good!
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Yeah the safety selector was annoying but i took a file to it and rounded the sharp edges
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The safety selector that comes with this kit is 200% garbage. Its not positive in any way. I'm not sure how something can manage to be mushy and super hard to move at the same time. Going to try to fill some gaps in the selector head and selector with JB weld. see if I can improve it at all.
https://youtu.be/3V03IKOTUwI
View Quote
This is the absolute truth! I don't understand how Fostech could let this go out the door like this. It's painfully clear they did not give a flying F about it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:35:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yeah the safety selector was annoying but i took a file to it and rounded the sharp edges
View Quote
Did it help?  I was thinking about hitting mine with a buffer wheel
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This is the absolute truth! I don't understand how Fostech could let this go out the door like this. It's painfully clear they did not give a flying F about it.
View Quote
I think it was a " we have to get these out because we have delayed it way to much and these will work" moment. I bet in the future there will be a replacement part available. At least I hope so
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#47]
So I decided to do my fostech ECHO trigger install and review video today..... probably not a good idea after what happened

Installed the trigger in a new SBR lower and had two horrible issues arise. First the selector would rotate around and around and around. I took it out and I could see where the detent was marking the selector cap as it revolved.  The detent would pop right out of the hole on the "cap" and keep going with the same amount of pressure you push the selector on semi and safe. Second I tried a function test and it worked on safe and semi but no release fire in the ECHO mode. I have installed two of these trigger with no issues and then this with the third one I scrapped  the video and I took out the trigger. My plan now is to try it one more time before I call fostech. Anyone else had issues similar to mine?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So I decided to do my fostech ECHO trigger install and review video today..... probably not a good idea after what happened

Installed the trigger in a new SBR lower and had two horrible issues arise. First the selector would rotate around and around and around. I took it out and I could see where the detent was marking the selector cap as it revolved.  The detent would pop right out of the hole on the "cap" and keep going with the same amount of pressure you push the selector on semi and safe. Second I tried a function test and it worked on safe and semi but no release fire in the ECHO mode. I have installed two of these trigger with no issues and then this with the third one I scrapped  the video and I took out the trigger. My plan now is to try it one more time before I call fostech. Anyone else had issues similar to mine?
View Quote
Yes, I have that now. Mine will at least fire on the release though, but you have to squeeze the shit out of the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:31:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like QC is out the door on these, reports getting worse by the day. I may wait a awhile before buying one.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#50]
These are not my photos. However, let me add that I also am having very significant problems with my trigger. I'm going to keep it vague until fostech has addressed the issue. I don't want them to cut me off.

Page / 31
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top