Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/30/2011 8:53:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice! Does it come with a mount at that price or does one need to be added. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 10:19:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Are the rails removable?
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Marshall,

Can we get a pic with the red dot on?
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 12:47:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Two questions: Is it Parallax free? and is it 1-3x or just straight 3x? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Will oyu offer a package with the ADM or the Borbro QD mount on your site?

This looks like a nice entry level optic.  Nice job guys!
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmmm this may be very interesting. I was just thinking about a new scope and this may do it.  I'll be waiting on the pics of the reticle myself. Thanks for the good job you guys do.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Interesting. Looks like a Burris AR-332 clone.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 9:26:09 PM EDT
[#12]
user review would be perfect :)
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Does the mount have the Primary Arms logo on it or is that just for the pics?
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Have you done any cold weather tests with it?  I want to use it as a hunting optic but it wont do if it cant handle below 15degrees.
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Burris only has a 1 year warranty on their AR-332. I just checked their site.
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Sweet I want!
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 7:29:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#20]
How easy is it to adjust the focus? On my old 4x the focus ring was almost impossible to turn.
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#21]
One can use without illumination if desired or no batteries available?  Is the black reticule sharp and crisp to use on its own?  What barrel length / bullet weight is the BDC set up for?  Do you have a mount that will allow it to attach to the carry handle as shown in the picture?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How easy is it to adjust the focus? On my old 4x the focus ring was almost impossible to turn.

I received my 3x scope yesterday and am very happy with it.

The focus ring is tight but it's not difficult to adjust or really much different than other scopes I've used. I much prefer a tight focus adjustment ring than one that is loose and susceptible to moving unintentionally.

-Colt41
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Tight is one thing. I had to use a wrench on my old 4x though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Got mine today, have to say I think this is the best purchase I've made this year!
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tight is one thing. I had to use a wrench on my old 4x though.

The new ones are definitely not that tight. We test each one so I will make sure they are checking for that.

received my order today and i have to say the focus ring is very snug but still adjustable by hand. the illumination knob is too stiff though.
kudos to Primary Arms, just in time for my range trip on sunday.
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#29]
What's the weight of this scope with the rails and mount removed?

Link Posted: 9/2/2011 1:14:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting. Looks like a Burris AR-332 clone.

It is clearly a similar body casting to a AR-332. Sharing the raw casting is pretty common among Asian factories. becasue of the price of the mold to make them. We see that with red dots but the quality can vary greatly. We used as high quality internals as we could and still keep the price point well under $200. The glass is far better than our previous compact model. I have not done a head to head comparison with the Burris. We proudly sell them but like most dealers can't keep them in stock. The Burris has a lifetime warranty, ours has a one year warranty. We plan to continue to offer both.

Yeah, Aim Sports makes a clone in the same body that combat hunting sells.  
It's a fixed 4x, with some wtf reticle, and fiber optic iron sights on the top...
Interesting concept, but it gives me sketchy vibes.

As always I know how involved you are with these things.  So I'm sure there's no comparison.  
Just be aware there's another company using that same housing for their version of a similar type of scope out there.  

I found it when looking for something like this.  Debating something like this, or something 1-4.  Running out of dough and I'm not sure I want magnified optics on the gun or not.
So it brought me back to PA to see what new things you were cooking up.

I would also really like to see the reticle lit.  If and when you get a chance.
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 5:08:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 5:29:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Got mine today, have to say I think this is the best purchase I've made this year!

I was thinking the same thing after I received mine today.

Link Posted: 9/2/2011 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#34]
are the adjustments actually milrad?

Just wondering why they are.3moa?
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Marshall, you are the man!

I've been looking/waiting for something like this for my 15-22.
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#36]
made in USA?
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#37]
can it handle a drop test off a building.hard shock.like an AIMPOINT T-1.and is it made in China?
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
can it handle a drop test off a building.hard shock.like an AIMPOINT T-1.and is it made in China?

No. We have T-1s in stock at great prices if that is the optics solution you are looking for.

Yes. Most optics in this price range are. We stock pretty much every made in the USA brand out there. We are a factory direct Trijicon dealer and are know as the go to place for great Trijicon pricing. Prices too low to put on our web site. Shoot me a email with model number for pricing. That is just not the market we were after when designing this optic.

Marshall

Marsh you are a class act.  I need to spend some more money with you soon.    

Link Posted: 9/3/2011 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#40]
I just got mine today and plan a range trip in the morning. I will try to give a post range report but from what I see this is a super nice scope for the money. It is crisp and clear and lets plenty of light in and the retical is also crisp when turned on. The controls are tight but feel good to me. They are very positive but easy enough to adjust. It has the look and feel of a great quality product and looks like it will hold up very well. I am new to AR's and optics so I may not be describing it properly but it's just what I was looking for. I looked at similar scopes at the local shop that were closer to $400 and were not as nice.

Also, I ordered it on Thursday and had it mounted on my rifle in Washington on Saturday. That's what I call outstanding service.
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. We have T-1s in stock at great prices if that is the optics solution you are looking for.

Yes. Most optics in this price range are. We stock pretty much every made in the USA brand out there. We are a factory direct Trijicon dealer and are know as the go to place for great Trijicon pricing. Prices too low to put on our web site. Shoot me a email with model number for pricing. That is just not the market we were after when designing this optic.

Marshall

Marsh you are a class act.  I need to spend some more money with you soon.    

+1

I just ordered one!  Unfortunately, Monday is a holiday, so it won't ship till Tuesday.
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm really liking what I see in this optic. I might take a stab...
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#43]
does it co-witness w/ buis?
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
does it co-witness w/ buis?

From the reviews of the Burris AR-332 (which is similar) I would say the BUIS are on the same plane, but being a 3X magnified optic with a 3.5" eye relief, there is no way to move the optic far enough forward to clear the rear sight and still get proper eye relief.
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#45]
HHHHMMMM getting a new upper soon!
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Any comments about how fast the scope is? Allow decent head movement? Forgiving eyerelief?  This scope looks tasty.  Definately like the weight.
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Nice set up. Two deputies in my agency are buying this optic after I sent out an office wide email, plus they are getting the Troy rear sight and slings also in the sale email I received from PA and forwarded. I'm the office "AR guy" and firearms instructor, so they badger me with gear questions all the time.
Link Posted: 9/5/2011 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#49]
I used mine for the first time on Sunday. As I said in my earlier post, I am new to AR's and only have 200 rounds total down the pipe. I am also new to scopes as my other rifles all have peep sights. I was shooting my Garand much better than the AR with peep sights which is why I bought the scope in the first place.

I got the scope close with a laser bore sighter in my garage and fired my first shots at 50 yards and was only a couple of inches off the X. Got it centered with 4 more rounds and headed to the 100 yard range. At 100 yards I was able to keep most of about 80 rounds of Federal American Eagle within the 4" center of the target with most shots within a couple of inches of each other, but my trigger seems really bad to me. It is the worse rifle trigger I have (Garand is much better) and I plan on doing something about that before long. The scope itself worked perfecly. It was super clear and bright and was able to see the lite up retical very well in bright sun. It was very easy to hold the center dot on center of target and easy to see. I could feel my fifle jerk when I pulled the trigger and took alot of concentration on my part to hold on the target. That is all me and my trigger and has nothing to do with the scope. I know a new trigger would improve things greatly.

I build the rifle using a stripped PSA lower and upper and a PSA LPK. Will the trigger improve over time or should I just look for a new one? Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/5/2011 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I used mine for the first time on Sunday. As I said in my earlier post, I am new to AR's and only have 200 rounds total down the pipe. I am also new to scopes as my other rifles all have peep sights. I was shooting my Garand much better than the AR with peep sights which is why I bought the scope in the first place.

I got the scope close with a laser bore sighter in my garage and fired my first shots at 50 yards and was only a couple of inches off the X. Got it centered with 4 more rounds and headed to the 100 yard range. At 100 yards I was able to keep most of about 80 rounds of Federal American Eagle within the 4" center of the target with most shots within a couple of inches of each other, but my trigger seems really bad to me. It is the worse rifle trigger I have (Garand is much better) and I plan on doing something about that before long. The scope itself worked perfecly. It was super clear and bright and was able to see the lite up retical very well in bright sun. It was very easy to hold the center dot on center of target and easy to see. I could feel my fifle jerk when I pulled the trigger and took alot of concentration on my part to hold on the target. That is all me and my trigger and has nothing to do with the scope. I know a new trigger would improve things greatly.

I build the rifle using a stripped PSA lower and upper and a PSA LPK. Will the trigger improve over time or should I just look for a new one? Any suggestions?

A stock AR trigger will smooth out a little over time, but I wouldn't expect a huge improvement.  Some people send their triggers out to Bill Springfield for trigger work.  It's not too hard to take a stone to smooth out the engagement surfaces.  15 minute trigger job if you feel up to it.

Personally, I have a Accuracy Speaks, JP, and Gieselle trigger in my ARs/15-22.  

A smooth and light trigger can make a big difference.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top