Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
PMags or Lancers? (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 1:47:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Pmags and GI are the only ones I use.

I have reasons I don't care for Lancers.  If you like them, do your thing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SnowCharger:

Sorry to butt-in, and bear in mind this is just an anecdote...

Hearing about people with guns that don't like a particular brand of mag... it seems to be certain guns don't like certain mags, not certain brands of guns don't like certain mags.

Example: Someone once mentioned their Knights didn't like Okay's. My Knights loves Okay's.  A DMPS I had in 2008 hated Gen1 PMAGs. An acquaintance of mine had the same gun and it liked Gen1 PMAGs.

As I said before, this is just anecdotal observations; take it for what it's worth.
View Quote

This…

I got a PSA lower to build my son’s rifle. He got pieces for birthdays and Christmas for a few years and the lower was the first part so it wasn’t used for a few years. It would only lock USGI aluminum mags. PMag, Lancer and ETS would not make the mag catch. I had a few Andersons I panic bought after a shooting so I swapped and the PSA is an investment lower if there’s another ban.

Jester
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer alm go and have more than a few. As for magpul I tried one because of the hype. It didn’t drop freely in any of my ars.

I have a lancer 20 round it drops freely and functions well. Also have a 30 rounder no issues. I did measure the width of the magpul and found it was slightly wider than all my other go and lancer mags. Functioned fine though just not my choice.
Link Posted: 9/19/2024 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Magpul M2 MOE PMAGs and GI aluminum. I use the PMAGs 95% of the time. I don't have anything against Lancers, it's just I've never tried them. I have so many PMAGs it's hard to justify buying a different mag.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 12:03:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#5]
I use / have used Lancer AMW, Surefeed, and Pmag m2/m3.  Lancers were the only ones that had issues with. Dumped em.

Eta. Midway has translucent smoke on sale for $10.49. I'll give em another try
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I like both, but during a carbine course I discovered that inserting a full Lancer into my rifle with any force (on an open bolt) would cause them to puke a round or two out.  It happened a couple times on accident but was repeatable when testing with multiple full Lancers.  I also ran PMags during the course and they functioned flawlessly.  That obviously isnt a problem you'd have on a normal range day, but it is not something I would want to deal with in a stressful situation.  In some sort of Red Dawn/zombie apocalypse scenario, I'd use Pmags.  

**All mags I ran during the course were new.
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#7]
The only issue I have ever had is with Gen 1 PMAGs, 20-rounders specifically, that would not hold the bolt open on the last round. Have multiple of them that do it in multiple guns. Not the end of the world. Other than that, PMAGs are good and have been improved over time. I like Lancers personally, but both work for me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2024 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]
PMAG with zero issues …ain’t broke don’t fix it!!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2024 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I heard the Gen 3 pmags help solve the issue from running M855A1 cartridges, which would be excessive wear in and around the feedramp area after thousands of rounds.

Although you may not be firing M855A1, the Gen 3 Pmags helped alleviate the wear issue by improving feed angle, which might transfer over to whatever rounds you're shooting, making for more reliable feeding.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
PMags or Lancers? (Page 2 of 2)
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top