Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/16/2012 12:28:52 PM EDT
Just thought I would share my pics of my Browe Combat Optic (BCO) on top of my BCM. I'm really liking this optic. I decided to go with the green chevron reticle.

If you want to read the features/specs go here:

Browe Combat Optic (BCO)

Link Posted: 1/16/2012 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool story Browe.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Pics are nice and all but how about a user review?
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pics are nice and all but how about a user review?

I'll try to get something together here in the near future.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I like therefore I cannot afford.  

$$$
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Pics on website show A.R.M.S. mount.  
for that kind of money and they couldn't come up with better power runtime?
It's titanium and they couldn't put a 50mm objective lens for better light intake in low light shooting.
Why try to emulate an electronic ACOG instead of improving on it?
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Too pricy for me. Under a grand I think I would like it better.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pics on website show A.R.M.S. mount.  
for that kind of money and they couldn't come up with better power runtime?
It's titanium and they couldn't put a 50mm objective lens for better light intake in low light shooting.
Why try to emulate an electronic ACOG instead of improving on it?

The LaRue mount is now a new option. I think the 2000 hour (83 days constant) average runtime is VERY respectable.

With a both optics in the $1300 range I'd take battery power without hesitation over tritium that will burn out in 10-12 years.

There is currently a $500 off coupon code on their Facebook page.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Too pricy for me. Under a grand I think I would like it better.

Link Posted: 1/16/2012 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:Too pricy for me. Under a grand I think I would like it better.

Really? Well that should help sales quite a bit.

Link Posted: 1/16/2012 2:33:06 PM EDT
[#10]
hmmmm, Aimpoint and an Acog got together and had a baby.....  Yet, it didnt get the benefits from either parent.  Shorter battery life, and the added complexities of having a battery at all....

And All this for more money... WOHOOO where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
hmmmm, Aimpoint and an Acog got together and had a baby.....  Yet, it didnt get the benefits from either parent.  Shorter battery life, and the added complexities of having a battery at all....

And All this for more money... WOHOOO where do I sign up?

How is 2000 hours average short battery life?

"Vibration Motion Sensor
The vibration motion sensor conserves precious battery life by putting the electronics in SLEEP mode if motion is not detected after two hours. Additionally, if the SIC button is accidentally depressed in a carrying case or storage rack, the system automatically turns off after three (3) seconds.

In SLEEP mode, the battery will maintain the full 10 year life expectancy of a Surefire Lithium 123A battery."
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#12]
5yr battery life on the Aimpoints.... 83 days on this...  Plus, I don't want an optic that turns itself off, unless I turn it off.  I will keep to my ACOGs and Aimpoints.  Good Luck, and What do you do for the Company?

for example.... My SBR sits next to my bed.  It has the Aimpoint Micro sitting on it.  I leave the optic on and it has been on for maybe 2 years now.  I keep meaning to change battery on my birthday, but I forgot last birthday.  It is still running.... and nice and bright.... same battery.... 2 yrs so far.... maybe less.  Can't remember when I set it up there....
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
5yr battery life on the Aimpoints.... 83 days on this...  Plus, I don't want an optic that turns itself off, unless I turn it off.  I will keep to my ACOGs and Aimpoints.  Good Luck, and What do you do for the Company?

Nothing on the planet that takes a battery will last longer than an Aimpoint. Simple red dot. I own the CompM4....and oh by the way it lasts 8 years on a single AA

You can still see the reticle when you pick up the rifle when the power is off.

I don't want my tritium burning out in 10-12 years in a $1300 optic.

I don't work for the company. I just liked what I purchased and thought I would share.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
for example.... My SBR sits next to my bed.  It has the Aimpoint Micro sitting on it.  I leave the optic on and it has been on for maybe 2 years now.  I keep meaning to change battery on my birthday, but I forgot last birthday.  It is still running.... and nice and bright.... same battery.... 2 yrs so far.... maybe less.  Can't remember when I set it up there....

I totally see your point. I also keep the same AR pictured w/ an Aimpoint CompM4 in a safe next to the bed. Something goes "bump" in the night...grab the rifle...optic ready to go 24/7 for 8 years. I actually would go for my shotgun, but hey whatever.

I wouldn't use the ACOG or BCO for CQB in a home. The Aimpoint is just about perfect for that. The primary role of the BCO is military use. The Vibration Motion Sensor is highly sensitive, so with a soldier on patrol or in a vehicle...the slightest movement will keep the reticle glowing.

The coolest aspect is the Target Light Sensor. It measures the intensity of the light at the TARGET and not the ambient light around you like the ACOG. Example: If I'm shooting from shade to full sun the reticle will be bright. If I'm in full sun, but the target is in shade the reticle will dim.

Not sure if you read it or not, but the head of Browe is the former Director of Operations for Trijicon (worked there for over 15 years) and helped design the ACOG.

But I got a feeling no matter what I say you will like your ACOG better and I'll continue to enjoy my BCO, so I'm wasting my time even responding to your post.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing on the planet that takes a battery will last longer than an Aimpoint. Simple red dot. I own the CompM4....and oh by the way it lasts 8 years on a single AA

I don't work for the company. I just liked what I purchased and thought I would share.

Are you familiar with the term "half life"?
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you familiar with the term "half life"?

Yup. The half-life is stated as 10-12 years after which the tritium contained in the ACOG dims to "half" of the original brightness. Trjicon considers the half-life the "end life" of the tritium in the optic.

Don't get me wrong, I think the ACOG is a fantastic scope. I just decided to go with the BCO because I thought it was best for me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I gotta say this optic line is intriguing to me as it helps address the weak point of ACOGs - shooting from dark to light.

As long as the price can be competitive with ACOG (a little lower to start with), they have a chance to be viable in the marketplace.

For me though, the eye relief is a no-go (same as TA31s, 1.5"). I'm spoiled by my TA44S and soon my TA33.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I gotta say this optic line is intriguing to me as it helps address the weak point of ACOGs - shooting from dark to light.

As long as the price can be competitive with ACOG (a little lower to start with), they have a chance to be viable in the marketplace.

For me though, the eye relief is a no-go (same as TA31s, 1.5"). I'm spoiled by my TA44S and soon my TA33.

I asked the owner of the company "Why not make the eye relief better than the ACOG?". He said they had to have the same eye relief of the ACOG in order for the optic to be compatible with current issued military night vision systems and the such that are being fielded with the ACOG.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Is this an American made product or is it produced out of country?  I can't find it on the website.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is this an American made product or is it produced out of country?  I can't find it on the website.  

Made in the US of A. Michigan to be exact.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#21]
it would be nice if the price was a bit cheaper , I dont think an aimpoint will run to 8 years if it is left on full bright setting  so it will be intersting to see how long the battery actually last in this new optic .
Im happy with my acog but im not closing my mind to new things.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#22]
One of the gallery photos shows the "Made In USA" cast mark above the battery housing. Aaron556 hopefully you'll consider doing a review on it. ACOG is a great product but it's still looks like a very viable alternative. I'd love to see the operators manual but it doesn't appear to be available on the site.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
it would be nice if the price was a bit cheaper , I dont think an aimpoint will run to 8 years if it is left on full bright setting  so it will be intersting to see how long the battery actually last in this new optic .
Im happy with my acog but im not closing my mind to new things.

On the Aimpoint CompM4 the battery life is 8 years on level 10 brightness.

Since the brightness varies in Auto Mode on the BCO as it adapts to changing light conditions the average is 2000 hours.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
One of the gallery photos shows the "Made In USA" cast mark above the battery housing. Aaron556 hopefully you'll consider doing a review on it. ACOG is a great product but it's still looks like a very viable alternative. I'd love to see the operators manual but it doesn't appear to be available on the site.

I'm not a very good writer, but I can give it a shot. My owner's manual has a lot of good info not on the Browe website. It would be nice if they posted it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Trijicon now has an AA Battery powered ACOG with a projected battery life of several years.

I don't see this "Browe" optic doing well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Trijicon now has an AA Battery powered ACOG with a projected battery life of several years.

Where?
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I asked the owner of the company "Why not make the eye relief better than the ACOG?". He said they had to have the same eye relief of the ACOG in order for the optic to be compatible with current issued military night vision systems and the such that are being fielded with the ACOG.

The guy behind Bowe is a former Trijicon employee.

Hint Hint.
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 3:11:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy behind Bowe is a former Trijicon employee.

Hint Hint.

What is "Hint Hint" supposed to mean? That he has engineered and designed for Trijicon for over 15 years and knows what he is doing?
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 3:25:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't see this "Browe" optic doing well.

I've seen the prototype. Looks like a copy and response to the BCO. It even has the same mounting holes for a red dot reflex to sit on top. I'm more interested in the technology it may or may not have.

Link Posted: 1/17/2012 7:32:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:Trijicon now has an AA Battery powered ACOG with a projected battery life of several years. I don't see this "Browe" optic doing well.
I've seen the prototype. Looks like a copy and response to the BCO. It even has the same mounting holes for a red dot reflex to sit on top. I'm more interested in the technology it may or may not have.
As I recall, Trijicon stated that the main motivation behind a battery powered ACOG was that some countries do not allow the importation of radioactive elements (e.g. tritium).
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What is "Hint Hint" supposed to mean? That he has engineered and designed for Trijicon for over 15 years and knows what he is doing?

As in....all you are looking at is a re-creation of an ACOG.

Rather then get your panties in a twist, take it for what it is.... information for those that may not be aware.
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:Trijicon now has an AA Battery powered ACOG with a projected battery life of several years. I don't see this "Browe" optic doing well.
As I recall, Trijicon stated that the main motivation behind a battery powered ACOG was that some countries do not allow the importation of radioactive elements (e.g. tritium).

Yup. That's what I heard as well. I like the battery option better.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks like the battery powered ACOG is up on Trijicon's website and so far I'm not impressed at all. I'm so freakin' glad I didn't wait for the battery powered ACOG and went with the BCO. No regrets feels great!

TA02: ACOG 4x32 LED Scope

"...with a straightforward brightness dial, allowing the operator to determine how much to illuminate the reticle—even in transitional lighting."

Rather than an Auto setting like on my BCO, with this thing it looks like you have to adjust the brightness yourself using a dial on the left side. Trijicon says noting about auto brightness or light sensors. No thanks! With that and only a red crosshair reticle being offered (no chevron!), I'll stick with the BCO. The BCO is also made out of titanium versus aluminum of the ACOG (not a deal breaker, but still...). I don't care if this battery ACOG lasted 10,000 years on a single AA, it just doesn't have the features I would expect like my BCO when paying $1400.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Looks like the battery powered ACOG is up on Trijicon's website and so far I'm not impressed at all. I'm so freakin' glad I didn't wait for the battery powered ACOG and went with the BCO. No regrets feels great!

"...with a straightforward brightness dial, allowing the operator to determine how much to illuminate the reticle—even in transitional lighting."

Rather than an Auto setting like on my BCO, with this thing it looks like you have to adjust the brightness yourself using a dial on the left side. Trijicon says noting about auto brightness or light sensors. No thanks! With that and only a red crosshair reticle being offered (no chevron!), I'll stick with the BCO. The BCO is also made out of titanium versus aluminum of the ACOG (not a deal breaker, but still...). I don't care if this battery ACOG lasted 10,000 years on a single AA, it just doesn't have the features I would expect like my BCO when paying $1400.

Do you work for the company cause your fanboism is strong, that said id rather have the ACOG, and i laughed at the titanium vs aluminum comparison like it matters.

Like i need auto brightness turning a dial takes 1 second
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you work for the company cause your fanboism is strong, that said id rather have the ACOG, and i laughed at the titanium vs aluminum comparison like it matters.

No. I work with kids with special needs. Geeze! You people are a tough crowd and very critical. Makes me wish I didn't post a damn thing at all. Are the folks on M4carbine like this? I posted this on other forums and didn't get a reaction like this at all. I'm just really excited I found EXACTLY what I was looking for...a green chevron that is battery powered. That's it! And thought I would share my experience. I should have expected this from ACOG owners at minimum.

But anyways.....I even wrote above that the titanium vs aluminum wasn't a deal breaker...AKA...not a big deal. Given a choice I'd take titanium all things being equal.

The BCO has both an Auto and Manual setting with a push of a button. I like the fact I don't have to take my hand off the rifle to adjust my brightness when transitioning from light to dark or the other way around.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. I work with kids with special needs. Geeze! You people are a tough crowd and very critical. Makes me wish I didn't post a damn thing at all. Are the folks on M4carbine like this? I posted this on other forums and didn't get a reaction like this at all. I'm just really excited I found EXACTLY what I was looking for...a green chevron that is battery powered. That's it! And thought I would share my experience. I should have expected this from ACOG owners at minimum.

But anyways.....I even wrote above that the titanium vs aluminum wasn't a deal breaker...AKA...not a big deal. Given a choice I'd take titanium all things being equal.

The BCO has both an Auto and Manual setting with a push of a button. I like the fact I don't have to take my hand off the rifle to adjust my brightness when transitioning from light to dark or the other way around.
I was going to ask if you were affiliated with the company, those are fairly professional photos, not the usual "here's my gun on an unmade bed with my toes in the picture"

Why thank you sir! I think this is the first compliment I've gotten on here.

I used my wife's Nikon D60 (were saving to get the Nikon D700...at least until I bought this optic) and she has a really great lens. A speed light to bounce the light off the walls can turn an amateur photo into a professional "looking" photo. Makes all the difference in the world. I actually take photos of all my guns this way...kinda a hobby I guess.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Fyi i dont use acogs.

That said yall sure do have an odd wall and floor, im still suspicious with the way u put down trijicon
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#39]
For that price I'll just get the real ACOG.

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Already addressed
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Fyi i dont use acogs.

That said yall sure do have an odd wall and floor, im still suspicious with the way u put down trijicon

It's a roll of photo paper that my wife uses to takes pictures for her food blog. She's the REAL photographer of the family. The color is called Thunder Gray. I don't have anything against Trijicon except that they should have kept those Bible verses on the side....but I guess that would mean losing a multi-million dollar contract.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Show me a picture of the fiber optic and tritium and where is says ANY of that on the Trijicon website for the ACOG LED.

**EDIT***

ZedsDeadBaby.....I see you deleted your comment about the new battery ACOG having fiber optics and tritium.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Edited for Aimless
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Show me a picture of the fiber optic and tritium and where is says ANY of that on the Trijicon website for the ACOG LED.

I saw a video where a rep was talking about the new ACOG, but I guess he was holding a different one while he was doing it. The model he had in his hand had the fiber optic.

As for light sensors, I have a 50 dollar Sightron on a BB gun that has one. Its not new technology, nor is it sophisticated enough for it to merit attention.
As for all the firmware stuff involved in the sight, that is shit that can just go wrong.

I really like the port to export power on the Browe though, but I don't know if I would do that with something that had a shorter powerlife than most other optics. Not to mention that the thing you export the power to will probably eat that battery up quicker than the optic would.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

**EDIT***

ZedsDeadBaby.....I see you deleted your comment about the new battery ACOG having fiber optics and tritium.

Simply corrected myself. I figured that they made it like the Tripower.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Also if you posted this on TOS youd et beat down. Trust me what u see here is nice

What is TOS? I got such a warm reception here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Also if you posted this on TOS youd et beat down. Trust me what u see here is nice

What is TOS? I got such a warm reception here.

He means m4carbine.net  

Aimless the reason i posted that was because he said this

Makes me wish I didn't post a damn thing at all. Are the folks on M4carbine like this?

And after seein how new optics and such get put down there i felt it was an appropriate response
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top