Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You remind me of the type that first discovers firearms and gets so invested in his choices that he repeats stupid internet myths without having any real practical knowledge or experience.
View Quote

It is a gun forum.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

NIce I will have to look around and see if I can find some alt C targets at a gun show or something local if I have to add them to shipping they won't be worth it.  I wanna go through and qual with a bunch of rifles now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
the bigger man normally just ignores troll like shit and continues to talk about the topic at hand which was accuracy that generally comes out of AK's.  But yea totally it makes sense to go and stir up a fight instead.

donny ray awesome first post man.  Did you fire it in the proper positions for the qual or did you do it all from the supported position?

I fired 20 rounds supported on my handy dandy super expensive tactical brick. And then 20 more laying in the grass in unsupported prone.

NIce I will have to look around and see if I can find some alt C targets at a gun show or something local if I have to add them to shipping they won't be worth it.  I wanna go through and qual with a bunch of rifles now.

LOL....I found those targets under the back seat of my truck about a week after I was a range safety for qualification. I forgot they were even there. This was quite a few years back and I just tossed them in my shed and completely forgot I had them until last year. I'm like you though. I just get kinda tired after a while listening to people talk about how you can't hit anything with an AK. If you actually want to, you can.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

LOL you again.  So what you're saying is you can't shoot an AK worth a shit right?  

I mean what is wrong with tangent sites, they have been used for centuries and are easy to use?  Safety is an easy fix if that bothers you.  The magazine is superior to an AR magazine which is one of its weaknesses (if we are talking standard issue).  Why can't you change out an AK mag fast?  It is really easy.  I know that is super important to carbine class heros.  Accurate enough as has been demonstrated repeatedly.  Why can't you hit anything with an AK?  Who cares, it does not interfere with anything for most shooters.  There are hundreds of scopes and mounting solutions for an AK.  Do you even forum bro?  

You remind me of the type that first discovers firearms and gets so invested in his choices that he repeats stupid internet myths without having any real practical knowledge or experience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

Ak's are kind of a POS.  I just shoot my AR now.  AK's are fine and fun for close range spray fire though.

mmmkaaayyy....

+1...POS?  ya whatever....its a better combat rifle design than the AR.

Oh, really? Is it better because the AK design:
Safety sucks.
No bolt hold open.
Terrible sights.
Slow mag release & insertion.
Heavy.
Inaccurate.
Reciprocating charging handle.
Limited optics mount solutions.

LOL you again.  So what you're saying is you can't shoot an AK worth a shit right?  

I mean what is wrong with tangent sites, they have been used for centuries and are easy to use?  Safety is an easy fix if that bothers you.  The magazine is superior to an AR magazine which is one of its weaknesses (if we are talking standard issue).  Why can't you change out an AK mag fast?  It is really easy.  I know that is super important to carbine class heros.  Accurate enough as has been demonstrated repeatedly.  Why can't you hit anything with an AK?  Who cares, it does not interfere with anything for most shooters.  There are hundreds of scopes and mounting solutions for an AK.  Do you even forum bro?  

You're legendary.
And so wrong about everything you write.

I've been around awhile, kid.  I have plenty of experience with a wide variety of firearms. More than yourself, I'm very sure.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've been around awhile, kid.  I have plenty of experience with a wide variety of firearms. More than yourself, I'm very sure.
View Quote

Then by all means act like it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Fin-  Now I know why those targets are called, "Dirty Bird!" I've never seen them in use.

Farmer Ted-  What kind of ammo in the 104?

Donny Ray-  Welcome to the forum.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#8]
So anyways... here's my AK-74 (the ones used in that 1 MOA Challenge) with an ACOG in an RS mount. Really makes the whole accuracy thing a cinch.

Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can you tell me more on your thoughts with the RS mount and acog.  Seems like eye relief must be a bitch and how does it feel in terms of getting your head at the right height?
View Quote

Eye relief isn't an issue when you use the full length lower. As it sits now the eye relief is perfect when I get good and tight against the stock. You don't get a hardcore competition cheek weld, but it's nowhere near as bad as most Russian optics. Your cheek will be on the stock, just not tight against it. I love it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fin-  Now I know why those targets are called, "Dirty Bird!" I've never seen them in use.

Farmer Ted-  What kind of ammo in the 104?

Donny Ray-  Welcome to the forum.
View Quote

Thanks for the welcome. You're in NV?
I retired in Kansas but was originally born and raised in Vegas.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So anyways... here's my AK-74 (the ones used in that 1 MOA Challenge) with an ACOG in an RS mount. Really makes the whole accuracy thing a cinch.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/AEnemaBay/Avtomat%20Kalashnikova/Bulgaria/IMG_5889Large_zpsc69556bd.jpg
View Quote

That's really nice man!
I have an Aimpoint instead of an ACOG, but I really like the RS Regulate mounts too. +1
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Farmer Ted-  What kind of ammo in the 104
View Quote

Silver Bear.  I'm down to my last 750 rounds of it.    Plenty of surplus though, should shoot about the same.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Eye relief isn't an issue when you use the full length lower. As it sits now the eye relief is perfect when I get good and tight against the stock. You don't get a hardcore competition cheek weld, but it's nowhere near as bad as most Russian optics. Your cheek will be on the stock, just not tight against it. I love it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you tell me more on your thoughts with the RS mount and acog.  Seems like eye relief must be a bitch and how does it feel in terms of getting your head at the right height?

AEnemaBay,

What was your benchrest setup to get those awesome groups...and with 7N6 and irons?  I'm still amazed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/AEnemaBay/Avtomat%20Kalashnikova/Bulgaria/IMG_5889Large_zpsc69556bd.jpg
View Quote

It's amazing how much better an average shooter like me gets when I use an ACOG.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 6:27:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's amazing how much better an average shooter like me gets when I use an ACOG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can attest to this.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#17]
my SBR can hit man sized steel at 250 all day long with irons.

The only benching I usually do is just to check the site in of a rifle. The rest is usually steel targets at 250 and 500. If it goes ding, I hit it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#18]
EVR is that you?
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Safety sucks.
No bolt hold open.
Terrible sights.
Heavy.
Inaccurate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

Ak's are kind of a POS.  I just shoot my AR now.  AK's are fine and fun for close range spray fire though.

mmmkaaayyy....

+1...POS?  ya whatever....its a better combat rifle design than the AR.

Safety sucks.
No bolt hold open.
Terrible sights.
Heavy.
Inaccurate.

holy shit dude I think you win ultimate douche bag award for that statement.  and you must be from the internet.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Mine (yugo, 7.62x39) is a rock solid 5MOA rifle all day long with cheap ammo and me pulling the trigger.

Perhaps better with an optic.

My sig556r, somewhat better.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just found my next project...awesome setup AEnemaBay!
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#24]
System Message
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top