Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
I managed to get a Krink!!! (Page 10 of 12)
Page / 12
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By d16man:

You need to go watch their video series Relentless Pursuit.  I think it is Vid 3 where they show Toolcraft and where they make the trunnions.  Hammer forged certainly can crack.  I am not aware of PSA using any cast trunnions.  

I might be wrong though.   @palmettostatearmory Josiah can tell us all.

As for the pins...
AR Mlok slots are all supposed to be the same.  I have had to alter things before.   Same with QD cups.  Same with barrels and gas blocks.  Tolerance stacking is a real thing.  I know you want perfect with absolutely everything, but you know that ain't achievable. What I can say is PSA manufacturers stuff to PSA specs.
View Quote

@d16man Off-topic: where is tonight's on patrol thread? The empire requires glory.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:

I'm assuming you're referencing the rear trunnion since that's what's showing as being broken. But rear trunnions are not hammer forged even on Russian rifles either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KDG_Dave:
Trunnions don't do this when they are made out of hammer forged steel...especially at only 500 rounds.

I'm assuming you're referencing the rear trunnion since that's what's showing as being broken. But rear trunnions are not hammer forged even on Russian rifles either.

Interesting.

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:26:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#4]

Not saying all the trunnions are bad Im saying none of them except an import triangle folder or many other 4.5 adapters and stocks without some work dont to them, and none of them are hammer forged to the risk of failure is much higher. If this one cracked there will be more. Yes I do own one. Did I send it back to get the same trunnion re positioned and re riveted??? LOL!!!! Hell no because that's exactly what they would have done. I fixed everything myself.

Edit: Would love to see better pics of your trunnion as I believe I already see a problem in the 1st pic that you are probably unaware of.
View All Quotes

You cannot promise that every krink trunnion is bad.  Stop being a drama llamma.  Do you even own a PSA krink or are you just here to shit on PSA? Edit:  went back and looked.  You have the crooked trunnion.  So have you sent it back to PSA?

Personally I have fired 4 krinks, none have issues with stocks.  This was the first, which has a slightly different set up.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337946/1000002706-3166370.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337946/1000002818-3169441.jpg

Not saying all the trunnions are bad Im saying none of them except an import triangle folder or many other 4.5 adapters and stocks without some work dont to them, and none of them are hammer forged to the risk of failure is much higher. If this one cracked there will be more. Yes I do own one. Did I send it back to get the same trunnion re positioned and re riveted??? LOL!!!! Hell no because that's exactly what they would have done. I fixed everything myself.

Edit: Would love to see better pics of your trunnion as I believe I already see a problem in the 1st pic that you are probably unaware of.

Did you contact them about it? I would have sent it back for a refund if possible
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:22:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KDG_Dave] [#5]

You need to go watch their video series Relentless Pursuit.  I think it is Vid 3 where they show Toolcraft and where they make the trunnions.  Hammer forged certainly can crack.  I am not aware of PSA using any cast trunnions.  

As for the pins...
AR Mlok slots are all supposed to be the same.  I have had to alter things before.   Same with QD cups.  Same with barrels and gas blocks.  Tolerance stacking is a real thing.  I know you want perfect with absolutely everything, but you know that ain't achievable. What I can say is PSA manufacturers stuff to PSA specs.
View Quote

I mean I agree with you if its a PSA firearm. Aks are never "Perfect" but they are never this bad. I mean the build quality is pathetic.

You shouldn't have to do the following on 1 brand new Krink...
-Re fit a dust cover
-Pry off a gas tube
-Re profile it so that it can be removed and installed normal
-Re fit a rear trunnion
-Re profile a rear trunnion to fit a standard stock
-Re ream a barrel for steel case ammo
-With a side of basic logo placement F**kery
-With an additional side of extractor bevel F**kery
-Topped off with a wear pattern that you won't even see on an import with 15,000 rounds through it have.

If thats ecceptale you you guys then my standard must be to high lol! In the end the gun is a $1,000.00 piece of wall art. Its a novelty build at best for an actual AK guy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#6]

I mean I agree with you if its a PSA firearm. Aks are never "Perfect" but they are never this bad. I mean the build quality is pathetic.

-Pry off a gas tube
-Re fit a rear trunnion
-Topped off with a wear pattern that you won't even see on an import with 15,000 rounds through it have.

If thats ecceptale you you guys then my standard must be to high lol! In the end the gun is a $1,000.00 piece of wall art. Its a novelty build at best.
View All Quotes

As for the pins...

-Pry off a gas tube
-Re fit a rear trunnion

If thats ecceptale you you guys then my standard must be to high lol! In the end the gun is a $1,000.00 piece of wall art. Its a novelty build at best.

Could just be a lemon. I'm sure PSA will make it right.
Mine doesn't have any if those issues except a slightly off rear trunnion which doesn't bother me.
New stock just needed a bit of filing on the hinge area of the stock,dropped right in after that.

Ask for a refund or a replacement before bashing PSA.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:

Mine doesn't have any if those issues except a slightly off rear trunnion which doesn't bother me.
New stock just needed a bit of filing on the hinge area of the stock,dropped right in after that.

View Quote

Not a lemon just a typical PSA build. I fixed everything on it myself. I would not trust them to do the trunnion because I know exactly own they would have done it. Got any pics of the logos ner the selector? Im will to bet your are off too. When the trunnions aren't set right you have a potential for failures.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 4:33:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: d16man] [#8]
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Not a lemon just a typical PSA build. I fixed everything on it myself. I would not trust them to do the trunnion because I know exactly own they would have done it. Got any pics of the logos ner the selector? Im will to bet your are off too. When the trunnions aren't set right you have a potential for failures.
View Quote

Well i'm not an arf millionaire, so my numbers may be laughably small to some, but i've spent about 6 grand with them over the last decade, and have yet to need warranty service on anything.

So it's kinda silly to make a blanket statement repeatedly that everything they do is bad somehow.

Seen another thread where a guy was using a PSA upper for a long time, until he finally put enough thousands of rounds on it for accuracy to start to degrade, and PSA sent him a brand new barrel free of charge. That's some high quality customer service right there.

They have their hiccups just like everybody, but they do fix 'em, and they learn and get better.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 6:59:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PalmettoStateArmory] [#10]
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

I disagree about all PSA builds. Have several uppers with no issues.

My selector logos aren't perfect but honestly that is a very minor detail that I personally don't care one bit about. That doesn't make their builds crap.
My krink isn't a museum piece,it's a fun well built gun imo with it so far. If it's such a burden for you to own or look at,I'm sure they will reimburse  you.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

Front trunnion, bolt, carrier are forged. Rear trunnion is not. I have stated that on our own forum. No secret. If you have an issue, please send me a PM. We will get you taken care of.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote

Im not on your forums.  Thanks for the offer but I have already taken care of all the issues thank you though for reaching out. You guys should up your QC on AK's and do better. I know you have the ability too!
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the tools know how and ability to assemble AR15s and would never consider buying a complete AR15 rifle from PSA.
IF I had the ability know how and tools to assemble an AK, I wouldn't purchase a complete AK from PSA.

For someone to have the ability, know how, and tools to assemble an AK, and then proceed to purchase a complete AK from PSA, only to bitch about said AK, and then make blanket statements questioning the quality of ALL PSA products is very suspect.

Even more suspect when PSA reaches out and offers to repair the issue, but the assistance is refused???
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:
I have the tools know how and ability to assemble AR15s and would never consider buying a complete AR15 rifle from PSA.
IF I had the ability know how and tools to assemble an AK, I wouldn't purchase a complete AK from PSA.

For someone to have the ability, know how, and tools to assemble an AK, and then proceed to purchase a complete AK from PSA, only to bitch about said AK, and then make blanket statements questioning the quality of ALL PSA products is very suspect.

Even more suspect when PSA reaches out and offers to repair the issue, but the assistance is refused???
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 10:48:35 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

What's suspect???? They came out with a Krink before I could even all all the parts I needed to finish a build on one. I took a chance on it hoping that it would have been good to go right out of the box like EVERY AK  I have owned. It had a ton of stupid issues that you just don't see all on one gun.   The build quality was not what I hoped for. It functioned good other than steel case ammo issues.  Basic quality is NOT to much to ask for. I could have sent it in to PSA and used there outstanding customer service but I chose not to, and it was just easier to do it myself and know its done right. Guys like you and the rest that don't like what Im saying/proving because you don't really care about quality and just like to let things slide or say stupid crap like "Maybe its a lemon" meanwhile there are what 3 or 4 of us just in this topic alone with crooked or gapped trunnions which they admit that they are ok with when they shouldn't be. An improperly set trunnion can cause different issues, like crack a receiver. They didn't even dimple the receiver where it needs it and they are still using I.O's tactics using cast trunnions which they have had plenty of crack on other AK's.  MOST AK enthusiast are not ok with this kind of build quality. You guys are. Im all good with it now and I can now run my steel cased ammo through it unlike a lot of guys with these that are stuck running brass only. I truly enjoy this gun its a ton of fun. I would never recommend one to anyone though.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 11:12:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlyLeaf] [#16]

What's suspect???? They came out with a Krink before I could even all all the parts I needed to finish a build on one. I took a chance on it hoping that it would have been good to go right out of the box like EVERY AK  I have owned. It had a ton of stupid issues that you just don't see all on one gun.   The build quality was not what I hoped for. It functioned good other than steel case ammo issues.  Basic quality is NOT to much to ask for. I could have sent it in to PSA and used there outstanding customer service but I chose not to, and it was just easier to do it myself and know its done right. Guys like you and the rest that don't like what Im saying/proving because you don't really care about quality and just like to let things slide or say stupid crap like "Maybe its a lemon" meanwhile there are what 3 or 4 of us just in this topic alone with crooked or gapped trunnions which they admit that they are ok with when they shouldn't be. An improperly set trunnion can cause different issues, like crack a receiver. They didn't even dimple the receiver where it needs it and they are still using I.O's tactics using cast trunnions which they have had plenty of crack on other AK's.  MOST AK enthusiast are not ok with this kind of build quality. You guys are. Im all good with it now and I can now run my steel cased ammo through it unlike a lot of guys with these that are stuck running brass only. I truly enjoy this gun its a ton of fun. I would never recommend one to anyone though.
View Quote

So your calling me out for saying maybe you got a lemon? For not making a huge stink that the selector marks aren't perfect? PSA will make it right but that's not good enough for you apparently.

Real mature. That's all I have to say.

Good day. Enjoy your bad attitude.  Maybe go to akfiles forum. You will fit right in over there.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 12:34:07 AM EDT
[#17]
...they are still using I.O's tactics using cast trunnions...
View Quote

Cast rear trunnions are the standard across the various military arsenals that produce the AK going all the way back to start of the AKM. Even Izhmash uses cast rear trunnions to this day on the AK-12. Can casting be done poorly? Yes, definitely. Is PSA doing them poorly? I don't know the failure rate to say. But I've replaced at least two cracked military rear trunnions in the decade or so of building. They're not impervious to failure. Now, cast FRONT trunnions are indeed IO level crap.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 12:41:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Cast rear trunnions are the standard across the various military arsenals that produce the AK going all the way back to start of the AKM. Even Izhmash uses cast rear trunnions to this day on the AK-12. Can casting be done poorly? Yes, definitely. Is PSA doing them poorly? I don't know the failure rate to say. But I've replaced at least two cracked military rear trunnions in the decade or so of building. They're not impervious to failure. Now, cast FRONT trunnions are indeed IO level crap.
View All Quotes

Don't waste your time explaining facts to him,he doesn't listen or care to know.

The rest of us appreciate your knowledge and facts on this.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

And PSA forges the front ones so they are good to go
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

So they never use Forged 4140 for all 4.5 & 5.5 trunnions? You sure about that with how little material there is compared to a fixed trunnion?
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#21]

So your calling me out for saying maybe you got a lemon? For not making a huge stink that the selector marks aren't perfect? PSA will make it right but that's not good enough for you apparently.

Good day. Enjoy your bad attitude.  Maybe go to akfiles forum. You will fit right in over there.
View Quote

Didn't you say you had a crooked trunnion too? The logo placement just proves my point no matter how petty you think it is.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Didn't you say you had a crooked trunnion too? The logo placement just proves my point no matter how petty you think it is.
View All Quotes

Yes mine is a bit uneven. It doesn't effect anything and it's barely noticeable to make a stink about it. If it causes problems later on PSA will take care of it..
Not gonna lose sleep over it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#23]

So they never use Forged 4140 for all 4.5 & 5.5 trunnions? You sure about that with how little material there is compared to a fixed trunnion?
View Quote

Yes. They start out as much larger castings and are machined to final spec. You can see the production line of them at the Kalashnikov museum in Izhevsk. Other castings like the gas block, FSB, etc are cast much closer to the final dimensions.

I have a picture of the castings somewhere in my reference collection. I look for it when I'm off work.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 11:50:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KDG_Dave] [#24]

Yes. They start out as much larger castings and are machined to final spec. You can see the production line of them at the Kalashnikov museum in Izhevsk. Other castings like the gas block, FSB, etc are cast much closer to the final dimensions.

I have a picture of the castings somewhere in my reference collection. I look for it when I'm off work.
View Quote

Appreciate it! I am confirming that most were in fact cast but some were 4140. PSA has had their fair share of rear trunnion failures throughout the years. This is not a 1st or a fluke for them. You just don't see the volume of failures with imports as you do USA made garbage.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Just adding yet another voice to affirm this. I did the research years ago, hell a lot of folks did. The commies use(d) cast rear trunnions.

The front trunnion takes the most abuse, it has to be extra strong.

Being OCD and a perfectionist to an extent myself, plus being a good ol' red-blooded American man, I would be likely too to say hey must-forge-all-the-things, go over spec, make it out of alien alloy 'cause I want to be able to smash a tank with it, lol.

But after years of being one of a large rabble who bitched at PSA all along this journey to do it just like the commies do, (and am still doing so vis-a-vis swellneck rivets) I am not gonna start now trying to urge them to deviate from that path.

I'd like to know the source of that pic you posted of the broken rear trunnion, and more details about how/when that happened, round count etc. if you have that info.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:
I'd like to know the source of that pic you posted of the broken rear trunnion, and more details about how/when that happened, round count etc. if you have that info.
View Quote

It would be interesting to see proof that that crack was actually on a PSA rifle, but the fact that he refuses to send it in under warranty and claims "I fixed it myself cause I don't trust them to" tells us all we need to know about his claim...

In addition, he claims that he would love to see PSA get it right.  Wouldn't it be helpful to that end if he would send in an obvious defect and allow PSA to look at it and possibly learn what went wrong and then correct it??  I mean, if you really want PSA to improve their process, like you CLAIM.

I have used PSA warranty service a couple of times on AR lowers, and once on an AK.  I am happy with the product and the service after the sale
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Found the pics. The sign for the folding rear trunnion is partial, but it says:

...poured into a hollow ceramic mold, which then cools and thus produces castings of several dozen finished parts.
View Quote

The other part says
Parts of the Kalashnikov assault rifle manufactured by high-precision steel casting at the Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Izhevsk Mechanical Plant" for the "Izhevsk Arms Plant." Examples provided by the Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Izhevsk Mechanical Plant."
View Quote

Izhevsk Arms Plant merged with Izhmash to make today's Kalashnikov Concern.

Link Posted: 7/8/2024 5:39:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KDG_Dave] [#28]

It would be interesting to see proof that that crack was actually on a PSA rifle, but the fact that he refuses to send it in under warranty and claims "I fixed it myself cause I don't trust them to" tells us all we need to know about his claim...

In addition, he claims that he would love to see PSA get it right.  Wouldn't it be helpful to that end if he would send in an obvious defect and allow PSA to look at it and possibly learn what went wrong and then correct it??  I mean, if you really want PSA to improve their process, like you CLAIM.

I have used PSA warranty service a couple of times on AR lowers, and once on an AK.  I am happy with the product and the service after the sale
View Quote

1st off you can clearly see its a PSA trunnion.  Dont believe its a PSA AK? How about asking PSA yourself. They are well aware of it, as the actual owner posted it to them and PSA responded back to them to send it in. The only improvement would be to machine the trunnions out of 4140 or hope he gets a good cast trunnion. They will just replace it with another one just like it and it will either last or fail again. It may last forever.

I 100% DO want to see PSA make proven AK's. That's not a claim its a fact! That's why I bought one. I followed there F**kery for years hoping they finally got it right.  They just don't seem to want to go the extra mile in taking a little pride in the AK builds. Its NOT to much to ask. Half you guys dont even know what you are looking at as far as fit and finish goes. You guys can call it nitpicking if you want or just say I got a lemon but the fact is there are more out there like mine or with even worse problems.

Here is a quick few pics I put together. Most of them are pics right from this very thread. This is just not acceptable IMO.

Link Posted: 7/8/2024 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#29]

1st off you can clearly see its a PSA trunnion.  Dont believe its a PSA AK? How about asking PSA yourself. They are well aware of it, as the actual owner posted it to them and PSA responded back to them to send it in. The only improvement would be to machine the trunnions out of 4140 or hope he gets a good cast trunnion. They will just replace it with another one just like it and it will either last or fail again. It may last forever.

I 100% DO want to see PSA make proven AK's. That's not a claim its a fact! That's why I bought one. I followed there F**kery for years hoping they finally got it right.  They just don't seem to want to go the extra mile in taking a little pride in the AK builds. Its NOT to much to ask. Half you guys dont even know what you are looking at as far as fit and finish goes. You guys can call it nitpicking if you want or just say I got a lemon but the fact is there are more out there like mine or with even worse problems.

Here is a quick few pics I put together. Most of them are pics right from this very thread. This is just not acceptable IMO.

https://i.imgur.com/2Mi7FIZ.png

View Quote

I see your pics. What I don't see are 100,000 pics of perfectly fine rifles that PSA has put out.

What's more I don't see pics of combloc rifles with issues. Like both my Romanians that had canted FSB's, and one with chatter marks on the bolt carrier and a fucked-up rivet.

Nor do I see pics of more top tier AK's, like our SA-85 that also has a fucked up rivet, or the Vepr type 2 I used to have with a severely canted RSB that the importer refused to fix.

We all want to see perfect AK's, just like we all want to see perfect rifles in general. But bulk manufacturing is not the way to get 100% perfect rifles.

If you want a perfect rifle, go to somebody like Mario at POHF and pay the money to have one built. Otherwise deal with the occasional imperfection and fix it yourself like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#30]

I see your pics. What I don't see are 100,000 pics of perfectly fine rifles that PSA has put out.

What's more I don't see pics of combloc rifles with issues. Like both my Romanians that had canted FSB's, and one with chatter marks on the bolt carrier and a fucked-up rivet.

Nor do I see pics of more top tier AK's, like our SA-85 that also has a fucked up rivet, or the Vepr type 2 I used to have with a severely canted RSB that the importer refused to fix.

We all want to see perfect AK's, just like we all want to see perfect rifles in general. But bulk manufacturing is not the way to get 100% perfect rifles.

If you want a perfect rifle, go to somebody like Mario at POHF and pay the money to have one built. Otherwise deal with the occasional imperfection and fix it yourself like the rest of us.
View Quote

I never said anything about wanting the perfect AK. Its not even about that.  JUST the basics done right is all I ask. They CANT even do that.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 10:35:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KDG_Dave] [#32]

Then go away.  Go be in your own perfect little utopia.  We don't care.  PSA doesn't make AK's to make you (and only you) happy.  I have 3 perfect PSA AK's.
View Quote

You are clueless if you think Im the only one that wants a basic properly built US made AK. Im glad you are happy with yours. That's how it should be. Im happy with mine after fixing it up. Others that don't have a clue on how to work on AK's have a right to know that they are rolling the dice with PSA.  I think its funny that you guys are comparing the quality to 100-200k PSA AK's at best to the MILLIONS of proven imports out there that don't have anywhere near the failure rate as a PSA AK. If you do your homework you will way more PSA complaints then with imports. Thats just a fact! Never ever seen so many stupid issues with just one gun in the what 4 months of there release??? Got word of another PSA rear trunnion cracked. There will be more.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#33]
First test fire with the krink. Didn’t clean or lube it so it’s as it came from the factory. Only had a couple mags worth of tula steel cased but it functioned without issue. Wolf gold seems to run fine in the factory mag and the brown bulgy gun mag warehouse mags. Getting some FTF’s with the plum and Bakelite with the pod arms followers. Might try to file/sand some areas of the followers to present the rounds a bit higher. Happy so far. Irons seem reasonably zeroed but haven’t put it on paper. Was just plinking at pop bottles at 30 yards
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 12:06:10 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

It’s from a Reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PalmettoStateArms/comments/1dtwdwi/cracked_rear_trunnion_after_500rds/
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:

It’s from a Reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PalmettoStateArms/comments/1dtwdwi/cracked_rear_trunnion_after_500rds/

So it's from a 104 and not even from a krink.

Link Posted: 7/10/2024 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Same exact PSA 104 trunnion that's in the PSA KRINK WITH ONLY 500 rounds through it. JUNK!
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

PSA haters never miss an opportunity to slam PSA, and facts don't get in their way...
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

And not the only thing to slink it's way here from Reddit apparently.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 4:56:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#39]

Same exact PSA 104 trunnion that's in the PSA KRINK WITH ONLY 500 rounds through it. JUNK!
View All Quotes

Then you should probably sell yours
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By cyclone:

View Quote

I have the basic 104 and not to blow sunshine up PSA's a$$ but I have lots of rounds through my 104 and the trunion has essentially no wear.

I suppose round count is irrelevant if you use your stock for crushing rocks and clubbing seals and such Or trying to out do Rob Ski etc. so YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#41]

PSA haters never miss an opportunity to slam PSA, and facts don't get in their way...
View Quote

They deserve it when they have such a high failure rate with there AK's with only 100-200k out there.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#42]

And not the only thing to slink it's way here from Reddit apparently.
View Quote

It was sent to me by a buddy who received it from the owner.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 6:22:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KDG_Dave] [#43]
Originally Posted By cyclone:

View Quote

Already invested in it and is now a great shooter. I also wont have to worry about trunnion & headspace issues for some time now. I hope you and everyone else keeps on enjoying yours and hope you dont end up with issues.

Link Posted: 7/10/2024 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By --FLEET--:
First test fire with the krink. Didn’t clean or lube it so it’s as it came from the factory. Only had a couple mags worth of tula steel cased but it functioned without issue. Wolf gold seems to run fine in the factory mag and the brown bulgy gun mag warehouse mags. Getting some FTF’s with the plum and Bakelite with the pod arms followers. Might try to file/sand some areas of the followers to present the rounds a bit higher. Happy so far. Irons seem reasonably zeroed but haven’t put it on paper. Was just plinking at pop bottles at 30 yards
https://i.imgur.com/1kNr6i7.jpeg.
View Quote

What wood is that - Is that PSA's wood?
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 9:18:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlyLeaf] [#48]

View All Quotes

Ok.

This discussion thread is on the krink even if it has the same trunnion it's not a krink.

Link Posted: 7/10/2024 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Ok.

This discussion thread is on the krink even if it has the same trunnion it's not a krink.

View Quote

OHHH ok because its not a Krink you are ok with a PSA trunnion failing at only 500 rounds...Ok that makes sense. I don't know what I was thinking. You guys are right PSA is proven & just as good as Combloc and Imports. Absolutely nothing wrong with there stuff. They are 100% built to there own specs with the highest quality metal in the industry.
Page / 12
I managed to get a Krink!!! (Page 10 of 12)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top