Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

G19 in the SF communities. (Page 35 of 36)
Page / 36
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FedDC:
Are they running a factory threaded barrel or is it aftermarket?
View Quote

Believe it is factory.  Only SEALs and AFSOC using them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FedDC:
Are they running a factory threaded barrel or is it aftermarket?

That’s logical.  I wonder if there is a major POI difference with the longer barrel.  I bought a factory Glock extended and threaded barrel for my Gen 3 19. It has a HUGE shift without the can…at 15 yards, about 7-10 inches up and left at about the 10 o'clock position. It’s POA/POI with the original barrel.

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Can someone with a factory Glock 23 threaded barrel take a caliper to it and give me some dimensions? I note that it is a 14.5x1 LH thread but it has a bunch of steps and shoulders in addition to just plain threads.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/39896

https://imgur.com/a/n11F56H
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 12:34:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#4]
Have this Glock barrel pass thru the shop today.  G19 threaded bbl TP 13.5 mm x LH (info from TRS)
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/9/2024 12:21:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Have this Glock barrel pass thru the shop today.  G19 threaded bbl TP 13.5 mm x LH (info from TRS)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5496_jpeg-3261000.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5498_jpeg-3261001.JPG
View Quote

Want
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, they are aligned with PACOM...
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#9]
There was a cool guy video on youtube where a CAG guy was showing off his equipment.  His Glock had a holosun on it.  

Not my cup-of-tea but those dudes work pistols for a living so...
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BePhreed:
Well, they are aligned with PACOM...
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

I'm sure the CCP appreciates USASOC members testing their equipment out for them.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 2:35:46 AM EDT
[#11]
You would think they would at least upgrade the plates to FCD.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 2:36:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Probably had to come out of his own pocket. Military pay isn't really that high on average although the reenlistment bonuses can be crazy high.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 8:01:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Norinco22:
Probably had to come out of his own pocket. Military pay isn't really that high on average although the reenlistment bonuses can be crazy high.
View Quote

Yeah because they don't have any RMRs that are on contract to give out in the SF Groups?
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#14]

@LsuJon - I might have located a T.H.E. Accessories Magwell for you. Check your PM!
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Squirrel_Cop:
There was a cool guy video on youtube where a CAG guy was showing off his equipment.  His Glock had a holosun on it.  

View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 9:25:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaycnyp] [#16]
Originally Posted By cone256:

Yeah because they don't have any RMRs that are on contract to give out in the SF Groups?
View Quote

Some people just hate the rmr despite how objectively good it is in so many categories (I am one of them who hates it), for one reason or another.   I would not put an rmr on a gun that I might need to save my life if I had the option to buy another dot, just because I PERSONALLY DON’T  LIKE IT, not due to any inherent flaw with the rmr. In this case, the holosun fits the issued rmr plate for that operator. Also, it sucks, because despite the fact that they directly support the Chineese army, holosun does make great products.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By HighPlains1911:

Link?
View All Quotes

Link?

Without knowing for sure, I am thinking it’s one of Kyle Morgan’s (retired CAG for anyone not familiar with him) videos.  He runs holosuns on his 43x and Xmacro.  There is a few videos of him running drills with those two guns. As well as him going over his edc on podcasts on YouTube.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Jaycnyp:

Without knowing for sure, I am thinking it’s one of Kyle Morgan’s (retired CAG for anyone not familiar with him) videos.  He runs holosuns on his 43x and Xmacro.  There is a few videos of him running drills with those two guns. As well as him going over his edc on podcasts on YouTube.
View Quote

He also said at the time there wasn’t much else in options to fit the thinner slide models, sometimes you have to run what’s available
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Link?
View Quote

sorry:

Shake Down: Green Beret Assault Kit
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Some people just hate the rmr despite how objectively good it is in so many categories (I am one of them who hates it), for one reason or another.   I would not put an rmr on a gun that I might need to save my life if I had the option to buy another dot, just because I PERSONALLY DON’T  LIKE IT, not due to any inherent flaw with the rmr. In this case, the holosun fits the issued rmr plate for that operator. Also, it sucks, because despite the fact that they directly support the Chineese army, holosun does make great products.
View All Quotes

Delta Point Pro are also issued and in the system
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#21]

sorry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7PqP-6Zeiw
View Quote
Not cag.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 3:18:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Not cag.
View All Quotes

sorry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7PqP-6Zeiw
Not cag.
He has a Sig not a Glock?  Also, why blur out his optic?
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ChemTrailZ:

He also said at the time there wasn’t much else in options to fit the thinner slide models, sometimes you have to run what’s available
View All Quotes

He also uses a 509T on his G17
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By firedog51d:
View Quote

probably a new optic that hasnt been approved for media release by the manufacturer
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

probably a new optic that hasnt been approved for media release by the manufacturer
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By firedog51d:

Ahh...that makes some sense.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

This is true, but are the mk27 issued with all of the plates or just the rmr plate?  Any picture I have seen of a .mil DPP has been on an m17/18, devgru X series or a an mos3 17.  CD, do they get issued all the optics plates with the mk27s or just the rmr?
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#27]

This is true, but are the mk27 issued with all of the plates or just the rmr plate?  Any picture I have seen of a .mil DPP has been on an m17/18, devgru X series or a an mos3 17.  CD, do they get issued all the optics plates with the mk27s or just the rmr?
View All Quotes

Some people just hate the rmr despite how objectively good it is in so many categories (I am one of them who hates it), for one reason or another.   I would not put an rmr on a gun that I might need to save my life if I had the option to buy another dot, just because I PERSONALLY DON'T  LIKE IT, not due to any inherent flaw with the rmr. In this case, the holosun fits the issued rmr plate for that operator. Also, it sucks, because despite the fact that they directly support the Chineese army, holosun does make great products.

DPP

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/18/2024 3:23:09 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Issued with 4 plates
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Issued with 4 plates
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_6191_jpeg-3270031.JPG
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Issued with 4 plates
View Quote

the good ole 23&P
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#31]

the good ole 23&P
View All Quotes

Issued with 4 plates

the good ole 23&P

Any source for this? Wouldn't mind a copy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Parabellum226:

@LsuJon - I might have located a T.H.E. Accessories Magwell for you. Check your PM!
View Quote

@Parabellum226 if you happen to find another I’ve also been looking for one; that and/or an alg in black/ddc
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Roger. I’ll keep an eye out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#34]
I passed on that one since I can't part out a gun at the moment so it might still be there I haven't checked back.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#35]
I passed on that one since I can't part out a gun at the moment so it might still be there I haven't checked back.
View Quote

It sold, but all good. I did some more looking and it appeared different enough from mine to raise doubts.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#36]

It sold, but all good. I did some more looking and it appeared different enough from mine to raise doubts.
View Quote
It did seem 3D printed esq.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#37]
For a Mk27 Mod 2, is there like a spec list somewhere that details the exact parts needed?

Also, is there a good base production model Glock 19 to use to start with? Or is it better to source the parts individually?

Total noob with this - I just know I want one!
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 5:02:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#38]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
For a Mk27 Mod 2, is there like a spec list somewhere that details the exact parts needed?

Also, is there a good base production model Glock 19 to use to start with? Or is it better to source the parts individually?

View Quote
It's just a 19.4 MOS and Maritime spring cups.

threaded barrels aren't necessary for these "builds" .
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Doesn't sound bad at all.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Not that those are any easier to come by; missed a couple of legit models with the LH Threaded barrel, but even just finding a gen 4 mos has been SLIM pickings
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#41]

Not that those are any easier to come by; missed a couple of legit models with the LH Threaded barrel, but even just finding a gen 4 mos has been SLIM pickings
View Quote

Yeah, always learning about clone stuff when it's too late and out of production. I bought my 19.3 RTF2 way back because it was cheaper and didn't think I needed an optic platform.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Bump, some GB blasters and MK27 MOD 1
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By GrizzlyAtlas:
Bump, some GB blasters and MK27 MOD 1
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIGgIBUaQAA63th?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quick question, this a photo of an exercise performed by the 83rd Expeditionary Rescue Squadron in Afghanistan, around 2016 if not earlier.

What has caught my eye is that the MK27 MOD 0 one of them is carrying has a set of trijicon HD sights. Was it common to have aftermarket sights in the non MOS Glocks? Was there any contract or is it a unit/individual purchase?
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quick question, this a photo of an exercise performed by the 83rd Expeditionary Rescue Squadron in Afghanistan, around 2016 if not earlier.
https://i.imgur.com/O7FjQWd.jpeg
What has caught my eye is that the MK27 MOD 0 one of them is carrying has a set of trijicon HD sights. Was it common to have aftermarket sights in the non MOS Glocks? Was there any contract or is it a unit/individual purchase?
View Quote

Not Combat diver, but I’ll take a stab. MK27s generally had or were converted to Glock night sights. Earlier night sight models may have also been prevalent. Those newer HDs were likely an individual preference item. CD noted that he would typically leave aftermarket sights unless the gun was being turned in. At that point it would be returned to stock.
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 4:54:58 AM EDT
[#46]

Not Combat diver, but I’ll take a stab. MK27s generally had or were converted to Glock night sights. Earlier night sight models may have also been prevalent. Those newer HDs were likely an individual preference item. CD noted that he would typically leave aftermarket sights unless the gun was being turned in. At that point it would be returned to stock.
View Quote

I figured as much, but I found it kind of interesting since there are these pictures floating around of AFSOC guys with tricked out Glocks and all of them seem to have HDs

Link Posted: 8/23/2024 6:41:43 AM EDT
[#47]
O
riginally Posted By GrizzlyAtlas:

I figured as much, but I found it kind of interesting since there are these pictures floating around of AFSOC guys with tricked out Glocks and all of them seem to have HDs
https://64.media.tumblr.com/3b5925de67d4e032e113cb088155da76/416a6ea962f4c91b-90/s2048x3072/c38e8c2977f670785c3f9d500fea9c42d4757a2f.jpg
https://64.media.tumblr.com/d291cf3f2a6c3d49aa2d0767dddd70ea/49fcda8f51cb8501-86/s2048x3072/2307dab1aa9e9fea8b3b4db4cb5ef8f2f02f7408.jpg
View Quote

AFSOC in general has a lot of unit-purchased equipment and weapons accessories that are not general issue. These sights may be just such a purchase; an individual squadron may have purchased them to try out, while a different squadron in AFSOC may have completely different sights.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#48]
https://i.imgur.com/O7FjQWd.jpeg
View Quote

Well, just yesterday I got from SOCOM the NSN for Night Sight Suppressor Set (NSSS).  Placed an order, now to wait for them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 11:54:44 PM EDT
[#50]

Nice…17 and a 47
Page / 36
G19 in the SF communities. (Page 35 of 36)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top