BCM
User Panel

Page / 161
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:51:23 AM EDT
[#1]
tis true
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 1:09:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Anybody have experience with the FirstSpear STT that came out not too long ago as a collab with SKD? From what I can tell the sizing was jacked up on release but they've since added more size options. On paper it appears to be a damn good carrier for $199.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LS6TT:

Try it bloody and muddy.

Now yes there is a chance of it getting snagged, but always a good reason to carry multiples. Nothing is secure enough in a fight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lew:
For looks BFG now, for practicality rubber bands. My BFG now was very tight and if my hands were bloody I'd have a hard time getting it out. Rubber bands break with enough force.

I've never encountered this problem with the TQ Now! A semi-firm tug and the CAT is out. Make sure the TQ is folded so that all of the plastic furniture is grouped together so it doesn't have to be yanked through the elastic loops.

Try it bloody and muddy.

Now yes there is a chance of it getting snagged, but always a good reason to carry multiples. Nothing is secure enough in a fight.

I'll try it. I keep another CAT in a TT pouch on my belt. Either CAT can be reached by either hand. Options are good. Cheers..

Originally Posted By DRhodes:
Do you lecture everyone in this thread, or do you have a boner for me because of my woodland gear?

Don't be a tit. It's practical advice from someone who's seen the method you employ fail multiple times.

I have no idea what you are referencing with the second clause and really could not give a shit about M81 Woodland either in support or against. Use it if you like. I don't care.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By westernhaikus1:
Anybody have experience with the FirstSpear STT that came out not too long ago as a collab with SKD? From what I can tell the sizing was jacked up on release but they've since added more size options. On paper it appears to be a damn good carrier for $199.
View Quote

No personal experience, but I have seen quite a few positive reviews from people actually using for work.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#5]

I'll try it. I keep another CAT in a TT pouch on my belt. Either CAT can be reached by either hand. Options are good. Cheers..

Don't be a tit. It's practical advice from someone who's seen the method you employ fail multiple times.

I have no idea what you are referencing with the second clause and really could not give a shit about M81 Woodland either in support or against. Use it if you like. I don't care.
View All Quotes
For looks BFG now, for practicality rubber bands. My BFG now was very tight and if my hands were bloody I'd have a hard time getting it out. Rubber bands break with enough force.

I've never encountered this problem with the TQ Now! A semi-firm tug and the CAT is out. Make sure the TQ is folded so that all of the plastic furniture is grouped together so it doesn't have to be yanked through the elastic loops.

Try it bloody and muddy.

Do you lecture everyone in this thread, or do you have a boner for me because of my woodland gear?

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish everyone had to write their background when giving advice.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mtrmble:
View Quote

Why bother? I've watched guys on here argue with confirmed professionals over everything from weapons, to ammo, to tactics, to gear.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 6:29:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lew] [#8]
Originally Posted By wag_bag:

Why bother? I've watched guys on here argue with confirmed professionals over everything from weapons, to ammo, to tactics, to gear.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wag_bag:
Originally Posted By mtrmble:

It's the Arfcom way.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Seems like a good way to lose a TQ if it gets snagged. Make sure to change out the rubber band regularly.
View Quote

I lost a bunch off my vest and aid bag using rubber bands in Iraq. The sun and heat killed the bands pretty quick. I wasn't really hip to gear back then so I just collected flashbang pouches from people's riflemen kits and used them to put TQ's in.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

I do
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By sconnieVLP:
Work PC. 6094A, Tactical Tailor admin pouch, 3x LBT mag pouches, 2x High Ground Gear PRC-152 pouches, 2x Peltor PT, Marz TQ pouch

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx149/sconnieVLP/BC1C2274-601A-441D-B8C8-C65C49066018_zpsxd9t9uci.jpg
View Quote

LT rank.  

Gross  
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Shellback banshee with d3cr and soft armor
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Bedouin2W:

LT rank.  

Gross  
View All Quotes
Work PC. 6094A, Tactical Tailor admin pouch, 3x LBT mag pouches, 2x High Ground Gear PRC-152 pouches, 2x Peltor PT, Marz TQ pouch

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx149/sconnieVLP/BC1C2274-601A-441D-B8C8-C65C49066018_zpsxd9t9uci.jpg

LT rank.  

Gross  

It's the worst Only a few more months until I put the Lt days behind me though
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By dylang32:
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/dylang32/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3540_zps7ae47a28.png
View Quote

That photo effect is killer. How'd ya do it? Gear looks pretty well thought-out, too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#16]

That photo effect is killer. How'd ya do it? Gear looks pretty well thought-out, too.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By dylang32:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/dylang32/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3540_zps7ae47a28.png

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 4:51:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ridewaves] [#17]
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I like this for tourniquets but I'm high drag low speed

http://www.skdtac.com/Marz-Tourniquet-Pouch-p/mzt.112.htm
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ridewaves:
So, I decided to get rid of my Slickster setup to try out something else.  Took a bunch of pics for the EE, so I figured I'd post them in here for reference.

Slickster with ArmA III+ plates and VOCR3

The plates are made in the Netherlands.  Dyneema/ceramic.  Single curve, 3/4" and about 4 lbs for a 10x12. I was kind of skeptical, but we shot up a plate with M193 and it held up.  IIRC it was laminate construction with poly layer up front.

(snip)

View Quote

Where'd you order those plates from? The only site I can find em on is in the UK. For ceramic plates, ~$150 seems like a pretty good deal, especially for the the threat rating.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 12:34:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ridewaves] [#20]
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#21]
is it just me or there not a lot of reviews on velocity systems operators assault vest? i can find mayflower apc but nothing on this. i bought it on a whim awhile back
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By Bravo42:

is it just me or there not a lot of reviews on velocity systems operators assault vest? i can find mayflower apc but nothing on this. i bought it on a whim awhile back
View Quote

The OAV isn't a plate carrier, its a full on armor carrier since it holds full coverage soft inserts and hard plate armors.  These types of vests aren't too popular currently, with most people preferring the lighter weight options of a less bulky PC that only holds the plate armor, especially for civilians who keep the armor as a worst case scenario type thing.

Link Posted: 9/16/2015 9:02:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: odog73] [#23]
ARMA
Here

Link Posted: 9/16/2015 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#24]
There's a JPC somewhere in this pic.

Link Posted: 9/17/2015 1:42:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fridge72] [#25]
Originally Posted By Timbo:
There's a JPC somewhere in this pic. <a href="http://s58.photobucket.com/user/deputythrust/media/351DAB55-AC21-4C6D-9394-A58A9E15D26D_zpsatkqr2he.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g255/deputythrust/351DAB55-AC21-4C6D-9394-A58A9E15D26D_zpsatkqr2he.jpg</a>
View Quote

All I see is a couch.. And a pair of black shoes
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 5:30:36 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Get your filthy shoes off the couch!!!!

Link Posted: 9/17/2015 5:42:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#27]
Bought a khaki RBAV off Ebay for $123 shipped and dyed it brown. Moved the middle grenade
pouch to the side of the single mag pouch on the right side in the
picture since taking this pic. Getting XL plates for it soon. Need to build up a first aid kit for it. Might switch to a dedicated plate carrier in the future since I may or may not bother getting the soft armor inserts for it, but this was my first foray into body armor.

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By fridge72:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fridge72:
There's a JPC somewhere in this pic. <a href="http://s58.photobucket.com/user/deputythrust/media/351DAB55-AC21-4C6D-9394-A58A9E15D26D_zpsatkqr2he.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g255/deputythrust/351DAB55-AC21-4C6D-9394-A58A9E15D26D_zpsatkqr2he.jpg</a>

All that tacticoolness and you're wearing black shoes? No Asolos or Salomons? BLASPHEMY!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Alien:
Bought a khaki RBAV off Ebay for $123 shipped and dyed it brown. Moved the middle grenade pouch to the side of the single mag pouch on the right side in the picture since taking this pic. Getting XL plates for it soon. Need to build up a first aid kit for it. Might switch to a dedicated plate carrier in the future since I may or may not bother getting the soft armor inserts for it, but this was my first foray into body armor.

http://i.imgur.com/YuLdn6R.jpg  
View Quote

How did you get the N7 on your gun?
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#30]
I got my JPC configures to something that works for me right now. A bit heavy on the load bearing side, but I'm only running DKX Level II plates right now so it's stayed fairly thin and lightweight.

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:25:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: the-answer-is-42] [#31]
Originally Posted By UsubM:
I got my JPC configures to something that works for me right now. A bit heavy on the load bearing side, but I'm only running DKX Level II plates right now so it's stayed fairly thin and lightweight.

http://i.imgur.com/p1LjKFjh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d7IEi7ch.jpg
View Quote

Love my JPC. IMO even setup like yours it's still 'low profile' but if you moved the flashlight and multitool inside your GP pouch, move the garmin to your buttstock, and removed that admin looking pouch and 86 the knife, it would be a little more comfy and much better in prone when necessary.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By Mattyvac:
Love my JPC. IMO even setup like yours it's still 'low profile' but if you moved the flashlight and multitool inside your GP pouch, move the garmin to your buttstock, and removed that admin looking pouch and 86 the knife, it would be a little more comfy and much better in prone when necessary.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:

Originally Posted By UsubM:

http://i.imgur.com/p1LjKFjh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/d7IEi7ch.jpg

And that was going to be the exact advice I have. I like the TT 1V Accessory Pouch though - however mine is on the right side, radio on the left.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#35]

Nice rig.  Sadly, you couldn't wear that in my AO.  Ms. McCaskill doesn't approve.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#36]
" />

Crye JPC
Highcom Security Lvl4 plates
HSGI bleeder/blowout
HSGI pistol taco x2

anyone on here in eastern nc area?
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Alright I just went to the range for the first time with my PC and boy does it need work I don't like the double decker tacos on the front, It makes it awkward when prone. Also my single taco on the left side is just alittle to far back to reach it without looking like a retard . I guess I need to get some more singles and move the DD to the war belt
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 1:18:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
Alright I just went to the range for the first time with my PC and boy does it need work I don't like the double decker tacos on the front, It makes it awkward when prone. Also my single taco on the left side is just alittle to far back to reach it without looking like a retard . I guess I need to get some more singles and move the DD to the war belt
View Quote

Yep, that's why I run my gear in carbine classes, it'll let you know real quick what does and doesn't work.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

You owe me a monster!

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Level IV
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Is it cool if I only have one plate?

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#42]

Are you in the French Foreign Legion or something?  

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

LT rank.  

Gross  

When did/do you board?  I went up last December and didn't get my orders till August this year.  Board results for officers has been terribly long since congress decided to add the background check.  

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#44]
So here is my contribution.  I'm multitasked with many roles in my unit and being a Gear junkie I have basically tried to build a set up for each scenario I may be used in.  Tell me what you think or throw me some suggestions of what or has worked for y'all.  I really like the Blue Force stuff because of the fact that I can tighten it up against my body and its so light weight I don't even know it's their and I'm able to get the perfect fit.

This is my battle belt pretty much wear it for anything.  It's a CRYE MRB.  I had tried three or four other belts over the years and they just weren't for me.  A lot of them combined with my heavy vest would push down on my hips and reduce the circulation to my legs, never had any problems with this.  I replaced the belt that comes with it and am now using a Viking Tactics Cobra belt.  Just a boring 6094 Safariland with the QD set up.  A BlueForce Large Trauma kit now, Single M4 pouch and double pistol.  If I have a heavy on I usually leave the belt unloaded and just transition the magazines from the carrier to the best if I have to crawl in some tight conditions.

I originally set this up for a Active shooter rig but have since discovered it's awesome for a lot of details whether working a surviellence detail in plain clothes I can put it under a hoodie or light jacket and it doesn't bulge, working high profile security jobs, or the intended purpose a kit to throw on and rush to the threat.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:21:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Choskins4042] [#45]
Continued...

I use this set up as my quick response but I know there is a weapon involved.  I'm real big on having an IFAK usually like to have two so I try to put one on all of my rigs as well as my belt systems.  I've used this system to just throw over my light armor when I'm going in rural environments or even when we have to clear multiple buildings its simple but probably my favorite set up.  I love my Silynx Clarus FX.  I had the standard Clarus unit but all of the wires were kind of a pain I pretty much had to use zip ties to get them out of my work space but the FX simplfied everything for me and has the same awesome qualities.

As part of my details I get stuck doing a lot of surviellence duties proned out for hours trying to be super sneaky and for the longest time I was just using the RackMINUS but then I found the SplitMINUS.  I added the vertical pouch, an IFAK, three double rifle pouches (only use the one for mags and the other two fit my radios perfect), and a pistol mag pouch, and the small admin pouch that works great for my ID card, compass, and my mini notepads.

And last but not least this is my hostage rescue rig.  I have two Level 3 plates in there that are incredible.  Together they weigh less than five pounds.  I put a SAPI cut in the back and Swimmers upfront and got both of them. The balance of everything is perfect. Nothing conflicts with my battle belt or top pockets its so light weight and form fitting I don't have any problems in tight places.  I went back and forth between the PlateMINUSV2 and the JPC in the end chose the BFG and would highly recommend to anyone. I would like to try out the JPC2 though. Has anyone had both and chose one over the other, and what was the reason?

I want to thank everyone that has posted and their feed back reading gear reviews saved me a lot of time and money on bogus gear.  I absolutely hate bicep protectors and since they've always been pistol rated only I've thought they were kind of worthless but there is a new company called Hoplite that has released some rifle rated, has anyone had any hands on with them or heard good or bad.  This is the picture I found on them, they look like they would just fasten right on to the shoulder straps and at a 1lb a piece that's less weight then those ungodly pistol rated gigantic bicep protectors that come with most SWAT style raid vests.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:37:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SEK7562] [#46]
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#47]
I looked up a little bit more I've never heard of the company and I could only find one retail store for them so I'm guessing they're new.  I couldn't find anything negative about them and found an article on Soldier Systems to they are probably legit.  I just don't know if I have to buy their system or if I can attach them to my rig already.

What do you think worth the gamble?  I mean if they're NIJ certified that means they went through the same testing as the other top brands of armor as well right?

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By Choskins4042:

I looked up a little bit more I've never heard of the company and I could only find one retail store for them so I'm guessing they're new.  I couldn't find anything negative about them and found an article on Soldier Systems to they are probably legit.  I just don't know if I have to buy their system or if I can attach them to my rig already.

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/choskins42/selfieangle.jpg

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/choskins42/RECONad2.jpg

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/choskins42/selfiefront.jpg

What do you think worth the gamble?  I mean if they're NIJ certified that means they went through the same testing as the other top brands of armor as well right?

View Quote
NIJ certified is NIJ certified - however the reputable places will allow you to see the certification if requested.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Jsteenson,

I appreciate the input.  I'm seriously considering biting the bullet and getting a pair.  I've always hated the pistol rated ones and never really saw a point but these look legit and at a 1lb a piece and where the fit it doesn't seem like you'd even notice them.  Idk I guess I'll do more research on them.  If anyone else hears good or bad about them please let me know.

Thanks,
Curtis
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quick question for the experts here. Can the Hayley Strategic distruptive plate carrier clip to the LBX Armatus plate carrier?
Page / 161
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top