Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/3/2014 10:09:30 AM EDT
I love the Specter Gear MOLLE compatible modular tactical holsters.  But they're not designed to be mounted horizontally, as the MOLLE straps are set up to mount the holster vertically.

Is there anything similar to this holster that can be mounted horizontally on the chest?  I got a Condor horizontal MOLLE holster, but not a big fan of it due to how loose it holds the gun.  The Condor is one of those with several Velcro flaps that allows you to "custom fit the holster to any size pistol".  

Would love something like a Blackhawk STRIKE Serpa holster, but as far as I can tell, they only make those for Berettas.  

Any suggestions?  

thank you!
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#1]
G-code with the RTI Attachment....

Thread LInky
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh wow, that looks perfect!

Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Just curious, but why do want to affix the holster to the plate carrier and not a belt?
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just curious, but why do want to affix the holster to the plate carrier and not a belt?
View Quote

And we're off!!

For the record, lew...I wanted to ask the same question.

Link Posted: 2/3/2014 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And we're off!!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And we're off!!

I saw that coming as well but was genuinely trying to help the guy.  This is a Tech Forum after all.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh wow, that looks perfect!

Thank you!
View Quote

You're Welcome
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#7]

I do appreciate the recommendation for that particular one.  I'll order one and see how it feels.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

And having it completely horizontal may not be the best way if you do want it on the PC.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I saw that coming as well but was genuinely trying to help the guy.  This is a Tech Forum after all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And we're off!!

help isn't always about gear selection, but rather mindset
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And we're off!!

Agreed, and I have never been in a position to need a holster on a plate carrier but I have seen other here use it and thought the suggestion would help the OP.  I am just a dude on the internet and in no place to judge his mindset.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#11]
From the plate carrier picture thread. I have it on my PC because I don't use a belt. All my cold weather gear would make it a hassle to put a belt on, so having it on a PC makes donning stuff much easier.

Keep in mind this is when I first got right out of the box. I had to tinker with the positioning and do a small mod after some actual (for fun) use.

Got my Crye Precision Gun Clip. Easy to draw/reholster, muzzle doesn't point at anybody, doesn't interfere with rifle handling.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2014 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Can I ask why not get a warbelt?
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And we're off!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And we're off!!

Too slow. Someone had to to do it, and I ain't afraid to be the asshole that does it.

I know I for one have been turned from what seemed like a good idea at the time only to have someone who'd been there done that say otherwise. As to the OP, maybe he's thought it through and the setup is the best option. Maybe he hasn't and needs a little education.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is a reason why you want see GI's running around downrange with a "war belt". That term is an oxymoron. The only ones that you see wearing them are arm chair commando's and those that "take a class". If you have no reason to wear a PC, the belt set ups are fine. However, unless your wearing your PC up to your throat anything on your waist gets in the way to include a side arm. This is the reason why drop leg holsters were issued. The same goes for carring a ruck. You can't run the waist belt on your ruck if your also trying to run a thick padded molle belt. Yet another issue is running kydex holsters on a molle belt. If your holster fit is snug and your not wearing that belt tight, your going to fight with your pistol trying to get it out as the belt will come up on the draw. I have seen this on more that one occasion where the shooter must use is non firing hand to pull down on the belt during the draw.

Running a holster on the PC has many real world advantages
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 6:32:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There is a reason why you want see GI's running around downrange with a "war belt". That term is an oxymoron. The only ones that you see wearing them are arm chair commando's and those that "take a class". If you have no reason to wear a PC, the belt set ups are fine. However, unless your wearing your PC up to your throat anything on your waist gets in the way to include a side arm. This is the reason why drop leg holsters were issued. The same goes for carring a ruck. You can't run the waist belt on your ruck if your also trying to run a thick padded molle belt. Yet another issue is running kydex holsters on a molle belt. If your holster fit is snug and your not wearing that belt tight, your going to fight with your pistol trying to get it out as the belt will come up on the draw. I have seen this on more that one occasion where the shooter must use is non firing hand to pull down on the belt during the draw.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seen a shit ton of guys over seas using belt setups a long with a PC. But they were all SOF and maybe 2 or 3 infantry guys.

You don't see GI's using them because the culture says you should use what is issued or else you're a geardo. And what is issued is decided by some commander who hasn't been in combat in 30 years, if ever.

The only advantage to a holster on your PC is if you're driving a lot.

ETA: That all said, I'm not a "war belt" fan. I just use a regular duty belt like LE have been using for years. That or I just keep on my normal holster because I carry all the time anyway.

ETA2: Heh PC's and belts work fine together. Have you tried what you're talking about or just talking about it?
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have seen a shit ton of guys over seas using belt setups a long with a PC. But they were all SOF and maybe 2 or 3 infantry guys.

You don't see GI's using them because the culture says you should use what is issued or else you're a geardo. And what is issued is decided by some commander who hasn't been in combat in 30 years, if ever.

ETA: That all said, I'm not a "war belt" fan. I just use a regular duty belt like LE have been using for years. That or I just keep on my normal holster because I carry all the time anyway.

ETA2: Heh PC's and belts work fine together. Have you tried what you're talking about or just talking about it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think he has, Blacktide. His statements combined with the guy who mounted that Crye holster on his PC are filling this thread full of WTF with a quickness...
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
From the plate carrier picture thread. I have it on my PC because I don't use a belt. All my cold weather gear would make it a hassle to put a belt on, so having it on a PC makes donning stuff much easier.

Keep in mind this is when I first got right out of the box. I had to tinker with the positioning and do a small mod after some actual (for fun) use.

http://youtu.be/0kOvCOix7fc
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Got my Crye Precision Gun Clip. Easy to draw/reholster, muzzle doesn't point at anybody, doesn't interfere with rifle handling.
http://i.imgur.com/03prOt6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iwZkAwy.jpg

But.....you have a belt on.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't think he has, Blacktide. His statements combined with the guy who mounted that Crye holster on his PC are filling this thread full of WTF with a quickness...
View Quote

Well I figured I'd pose the question.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 5:03:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because I just got home from work and saw a package by the door. I just threw the gunclip on my PC without changing.

I dont think I'd last long wearing that attire at -16F ambient and below. Clothing for that temp changes things.

As I've said before its due to bulky clothing to survive those temps that dictated my setup.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, yes I have ran both set ups as I am AD myself for the last 18 years and have multiple combat deployments wearing this shit  unlike most of the chair commandos here that never leave their houses with their nice clean gear. So a shit ton equals a few SOF and 2-3 infantry?  I know and have trained many an SOF troop over the years and they sport a drop leg, not a belt holster. Many also prefer a PC mounted holster due to patrols being mounted. Does that mean they all do? Nope.

You don't see a whole lot of belt holsters (MOLLE belts) as the standard issue carrier rides too low and most don't run minimalist rigs (SOF) anyways.  If they do, they usually run a size smaller than normal plate for weight which at that point may allow a belt holster as it rides high.  Most GI's also attach pouches galore on the strong side which causes you to reach over and under for your pistol. There not just running a couple TACO's up front like half of the people here.  

As you may guess, I'm not a fan of the belt holster either while wearing armor. Too much shit is in the way and it doesn't work for me.  But just because something works for me or you doesn't mean it does for everyone else.  Moral of the story--Assuming that the OP of this thread is a noob or idiot because of the question he asked is ignorance on your part and makes you and others look like a "geardo".  Who gives a shit what his set up is as long as it works for him.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ah, yes I have ran both set ups as I am AD myself for the last 18 years and have multiple combat deployments wearing this shit  unlike most of the chair commandos here that never leave their houses with their nice clean gear. So a shit ton equals a few SOF and 2-3 infantry?  I know and have trained many an SOF troop over the years and they sport a drop leg, not a belt holster. Many also prefer a PC mounted holster due to patrols being mounted. Does that mean they all do? Nope.

You don't see a whole lot of belt holsters (MOLLE belts) as the standard issue carrier rides too low and most don't run minimalist rigs (SOF) anyways.  If they do, they usually run a size smaller than normal plate for weight which at that point may allow a belt holster as it rides high.  Most GI's also attach pouches galore on the strong side which causes you to reach over and under for your pistol. There not just running a couple TACO's up front like half of the people here.  

As you may guess, I'm not a fan of the belt holster either while wearing armor. Too much shit is in the way and it doesn't work for me.  But just because something works for me or you doesn't mean it does for everyone else.  Moral of the story--Assuming that the OP of this thread is a noob or idiot because of the question he asked is ignorance on your part and makes you and others look like a "geardo".  Who gives a shit what his set up is as long as it works for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know who you've been training, but Blacktide is 100% correct. Of course, like me he got his armchair commando certificate in geardoism long ago from Google docs. I guess all the SF guys wearing painted, beat up paddle mount Serpas on Camp Brown and Camp Lindsay don't equal a shit ton...but I sure as hell never saw a drop leg or a pistol holster attached to a PC, either. Granted, you don't see much working over there for almost 10 years like I did - I just know what I've seen in pictures here on ARFCOM...

I give up. I am staying out of this type of thread from now on. Y'all can run your gear however you want. I ain't gotta possibly fight beside you and get my ass shot off because you are fumbling for a pistol mounted beneath your arm pit or because your battle axe is wedged between your E-tool, Leatherman, Gummy Bear Drop-Pouch, Trauma Cart of an IFAK, and Bigger-Than-Jim-Bowie's-Dick fixed blade knife...
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have not inferred that anyone is a noob or idiot. I am here to learn things I don't know and give advise from what I do know. I've seen quite a few SOF run minimalist set ups. Rangers and NSW. Some had PC's with just 3 mags, and a belt with some pouches. Very light. SF I see don't really go minimalist, but I do see a ton of belt mounted SERPA holsters with glocks.

The point is that a belt with holster and other stuff can work perfectly fine with a PC. They can even work with a longer carrier like the IOTV. Also there are holsters that have drop so they help clear armor. BUT even a  high holster can work with armor.

I've seen quite a few guys with pistols on their armor or chest rigs also. This is great if you're driving a lot. If someone wants to do that, awesome, I'm not going to tell them not to. I'm just going to point out the possible disadvantages and advantages.

ETA: Like Jarhead I'm also done. This is the second time I've contributed to a thread exactly like this in the last few weeks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 6:51:21 AM EDT
[#23]
I think the pros have it handled from here
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Holy crap!  What a bunch of high strung posters in here.

G-Code is the answer if you want to mount it on a PC.

CHRIS

Link Posted: 2/7/2014 7:15:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Well that definitely took off and was fun to watch

Those that gave suggestions, thank you.  Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#26]
I hate when this shit happens. There are some of us who actually come here to gain useful info from people who have it to offer.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I hate when this shit happens. There are some of us who actually come here to gain useful info from people who have it to offer.
View Quote

Lol.  Now you are just being silly.

But really, why is it when it comes to gear, there is only THE way, and not A way?  I have my sidearm on my ESSTAC.  It is also straight vertical.  I am short.  Tacticool gear is not made for short slender people, so my shit rides low.  This is what works for me, and I'll be damned if someone tells me that what works for me WON'T work for me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't normally recommend SERPA holsters, but they can be useful when mounted to a chest rig or PC. The low pro design doesn't take a lot of room and the MOLLE adapter works well. If it is properly oriented and the gun isn't pointed horizontally, even if you have an ND it is unlikely to hit anything but the ground - not that ND's are ever acceptable. If it is mounted high on the chest, it's unlikely to get jammed up by dirt.

The other option as has already been suggested is the G code. I don't own any of their products but they get rave reviews.

Having a G code RTI wheel on your belt and on your PC/chest rig so you can quickly switch between them would be an interesting setup. You'll just have to train a lot with both as the draw motion will be vastly different. Also if you do end up with a chest rig/PC mounted holster, look into the proper way to draw if you don't already have a good handle on it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don't normally recommend SERPA holsters, but they can be useful when mounted to a chest rig or PC. The low pro design doesn't take a lot of room and the MOLLE adapter works well. If it is properly oriented and the gun isn't pointed horizontally, even if you have an ND it is unlikely to hit anything but the ground - not that ND's are ever acceptable. If it is mounted high on the chest, it's unlikely to get jammed up by dirt.

The other option as has already been suggested is the G code. I don't own any of their products but they get rave reviews.

Having a G code RTI wheel on your belt and on your PC/chest rig so you can quickly switch between them would be an interesting setup. You'll just have to train a lot with both as the draw motion will be vastly different. Also if you do end up with a chest rig/PC mounted holster, look into the proper way to draw if you don't already have a good handle on it.
View Quote

I haven't been a fan of multiple locations for a pistol. I do not advocate it at all though I know some use it and do. I've never heard of a success story from a combat standpoint. Only failures and "its more comfortable." I used to do that when I was 19 until one time I really needed my pistol and it wasn't where my lizard brain thought it was. That day got worse before it got better and now my pistol is always located in a very small area on my right side no matter what gear I'm wearing, PC, chest rig, CCW etc. ymmv
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

But really, why is it when it comes to gear, there is only THE way, and not A way?  I have my sidearm on my ESSTAC.  It is also straight vertical.  I am short.  Tacticool gear is not made for short slender people, so my shit rides low.  This is what works for me, and I'll be damned if someone tells me that what works for me WON'T work for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/7/2014 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://50.6.106.226/picit/1391826053.5625.iPicit.jpg
http://50.6.106.226/picit/1391826108.4844.iPicit.jpg

Nice. I'd say if you're gonna have a pistol on your chest rig, that's the best way to do it. Those shoulder straps look super comfortable.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In an effort to be helpful....though I am sure I will regret it, there are solutions for short/slender and/or otherwise small statured people. I'm one of them myself. I've went thru all the same frustrations and will share my solutions if asked.

As far the part in red...well, at the risk of sounding like an ass, your statement that you'll "be damed if anyone can tell you what will and won't work for you.." Speaks volumes about your mindset. When I first started out working with this gear in real life, I needed all the help I could get and wasn't afraid to listen to anyone who had BTDT. You can say my environment made learning and learning fast a priority.

So, that said, there is a reason you won't see a big variation in setups in guys that use the gear for a living. We (I say "we"...I'm not in that line of work anymore) know what works and where it works. You can say there actually is a Right Way vs. Wrong Way....with a few mission driven exceptions, of course. The pic you posted is interesting, and to me, it says that you haven't used it much in real life (other than just wearing it) or just don't realize there is a better way to set your kit up and have decided to live with the short comings of your setup. Like I said, if you have an open mind, me (or I'd venture to say Blacktide, too) would be willing to give you advice that you are free to use or not use.

I probably should have kept my word and not posted anymore, but what the hell...it's only the internet.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 4:50:17 AM EDT
[#33]
We use the Blackhawk! holsters in our vests where I work. It really works nice for us because we normally use police style duty belts, and it's much easier to just throw on a vest with everything attached to it during a QRF drill or incident.

I may consider a similar setup for a "bump-in-the-night" vest, but not for something I'd have to wear everyday for extended times, I'd rather have hip or thigh holster in that case.

I tried wearing both a duty belt and vest once. It's not practical, nor comfortable.

Shouldn't any SERPA holster mate up with the MOLLE adapter?
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 4:58:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

In an effort to be helpful....though I am sure I will regret it, there are solutions for short/slender and/or otherwise small statured people. I'm one of them myself. I've went thru all the same frustrations and will share my solutions if asked.

As far the part in red...well, at the risk of sounding like an ass, your statement that you'll "be damed if anyone can tell you what will and won't work for you.." Speaks volumes about your mindset. When I first started out working with this gear in real life, I needed all the help I could get and wasn't afraid to listen to anyone who had BTDT. You can say my environment made learning and learning fast a priority.

So, that said, there is a reason you won't see a big variation in setups in guys that use the gear for a living. We (I say "we"...I'm not in that line of work anymore) know what works and where it works. You can say there actually is a Right Way vs. Wrong Way....with a few mission driven exceptions, of course. The pic you posted is interesting, and to me, it says that you haven't used it much in real life (other than just wearing it) or just don't realize there is a better way to set your kit up and have decided to live with the short comings of your setup. Like I said, if you have an open mind, me (or I'd venture to say Blacktide, too) would be willing to give you advice that you are free to use or not use.

I probably should have kept my word and not posted anymore, but what the hell...it's only the internet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't mean that I'm not open to suggestions. I'm always wanting to learn more. What would you recommend?
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 5:31:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't mean that I'm not open to suggestions. I'm always wanting to learn more. What would you recommend?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my opinion, that rig swallows you. If it works for you, then fine...but there are better options that will actually fit you much, much better, such as the smaller chest rigs from USGG, OSOE, HSGI, Esstac, etc. You will be able to get your 6 magazines on them with no problem if you are creative.

You have way too much going on in the front, starting with gloves dangling down to your nuts. Stuff that swings is no good, so secure it down or bring it in higher or tighter with a smaller grimloc or pouch. The pistol in that universal holster is less than ideal in that location, and it prohibits movement of your strong side, basically you are moving/working around it. I am sure it is painful and none too secure for your pistol when going prone or moving fast. I would imagine having it sticking out in front like that is just a bad days waiting to happen. It's gonna catch on everything and it doesn't protect your pistol too well when you have to get down....and if your down drawing it is out of the question with it in its current location. Another option is to secure your pistol in a magazine pouch...it works very good especially if you have a bungee loop to secure it.

You are wearing the rig so low that you can't mount your pistol on your belt....try cinching it up a couple of inches. Also, what's up with the big ass pouch secured to your left shoulder strap? It's begging to get caught up on something. Speaking of that...doesn't it interferes with the way you have your weapon slung - and when I say interferes, I mean you have to adjust either the pouch or the sling when shouldering your weapon. If you say no, then just wait and go wallow around and train with it some more....it will, I guarantee. Also, what about the one in front with the buckle? What are you keeping in there...light, Multitool? In other words, why is it there?

Lastly, and this is strictly personal opinion...those wide padded straps look comfortable, but does it hamper you when shouldering your weapon? I like the comfort, but haven't found a pair yet that are good when shouldering a rifle.

Here is how I ran my setup for many years. Lightweight, compact, everything I needed and nothing I didn't...also, my pistol was tucked nicely out of the way on my strong side, with a rifle and pistol mag pouch on the left sometimes. Obviously, I used a duty belt instead of a MOLLE belt.

ETA: See? Told ya I'm fucking tiny...

Link Posted: 2/8/2014 6:07:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had to double check last evening and make sure I wasn't on Lightfighter.net...
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 1:17:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Not making excuses, but...
I don't like that universal holster, but it's the only I've found that I can use with a Sig SP2022 with a light.
I have neither the time or money to try a bunch of different rigs to find the perfect one that fits. So I make do.
My rig is pretty much at the limit of adjustment.
The picture is deceiving. My pistol is not in my way at all.

I'm a plumber, not an operator. And with a business to run and two small kids, my time and cash is limited. Like I said, I make do with what I have.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 7:46:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

In my opinion, that rig swallows you. If it works for you, then fine...but there are better options that will actually fit you much, much better, such as the smaller chest rigs from USGG, OSOE, HSGI, Esstac, etc. You will be able to get your 6 magazines on them with no problem if you are creative.

You have way too much going on in the front, starting with gloves dangling down to your nuts. Stuff that swings is no good, so secure it down or bring it in higher or tighter with a smaller grimloc or pouch. The pistol in that universal holster is less than ideal in that location, and it prohibits movement of your strong side, basically you are moving/working around it. I am sure it is painful and none too secure for your pistol when going prone or moving fast. I would imagine having it sticking out in front like that is just a bad days waiting to happen. It's gonna catch on everything and it doesn't protect your pistol too well when you have to get down....and if your down drawing it is out of the question with it in its current location. Another option is to secure your pistol in a magazine pouch...it works very good especially if you have a bungee loop to secure it.

You are wearing the rig so low that you can't mount your pistol on your belt....try cinching it up a couple of inches. Also, what's up with the big ass pouch secured to your left shoulder strap? It's begging to get caught up on something. Speaking of that...doesn't it interferes with the way you have your weapon slung - and when I say interferes, I mean you have to adjust either the pouch or the sling when shouldering your weapon. If you say no, then just wait and go wallow around and train with it some more....it will, I guarantee. Also, what about the one in front with the buckle? What are you keeping in there...light, Multitool? In other words, why is it there?

Lastly, and this is strictly personal opinion...those wide padded straps look comfortable, but does it hamper you when shouldering your weapon? I like the comfort, but haven't found a pair yet that are good when shouldering a rifle.

Here is how I ran my setup for many years. Lightweight, compact, everything I needed and nothing I didn't...also, my pistol was tucked nicely out of the way on my strong side, with a rifle and pistol mag pouch on the left sometimes. Obviously, I used a duty belt instead of a MOLLE belt.

<a href="http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/jself1976/media/Afghanistan/DSCN0588.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r550/jself1976/Afghanistan/DSCN0588.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/jself1976/media/Afghanistan/105_0176.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r550/jself1976/Afghanistan/105_0176.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/jself1976/media/Afghanistan/105_0190.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r550/jself1976/Afghanistan/105_0190.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/jself1976/media/Afghanistan/DSCN0588.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r550/jself1976/Afghanistan/DSCN0588.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/jself1976/media/Afghanistan/105_0176.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r550/jself1976/Afghanistan/105_0176.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/jself1976/media/Afghanistan/105_0190.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r550/jself1976/Afghanistan/105_0190.jpg</a>

Screw the gear... Where can I get that AK  
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#39]
I just ordered a Safariland 7TS, along with an MLS kit... We'll see how it goes!
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Last I heard, my buddy had it in Kabul. I built it up gradually over my time there, and I heard there was quite a scramble between my coworkerss as to who got my AK after I was medevac'd out.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Last I heard, my buddy had it in Kabul. I built it up gradually over my time there, and I heard there was quite a scramble between my coworkerss as to who got my AK after I was medevac'd out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just noticed the tag at the bottom of your post!

Funny
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I didn't know about that part.
You all good now?
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No offense but this is just absolutely impracticable as heck. If it works for you then whatever but after 20 years in the infantry, reconnaissance and special operations is never suggest this. In fact is have to flat out refuse to let anyone in my squad or platoon have their sidearm like this even if it would be allowed on a jump. Again, no offense but you're not in a combat arms mos are you? I'd rethink this.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true. We are issued "war belts" in group. That being said, I'm not a huge fan if them but when I do use it, it's kept very light.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 9:00:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blacktide actually makes valid points and I agree. The Crye guy on the other hand... Like I said earlier, if it works for him then whatever but I hope people here know enough to not really listen to that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to say that I have rarely seen anyone in group receive training from someone not in group unless it was at a school. What was it for?
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You all good now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You all good now?

Yep...just happy to be upright! I still get winded real easy and I'm physically much weaker than I was, so I gotta start a workout routine soon. Damn school is taking it out of me this semester. I had to change careers and decided to become like those that saved my life, so I decided to become a RN, then BSN and on to Nurse Prac. Taking 14 hours per semester makes me wish for the simpler, easier times of just getting shot at...
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 8:14:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep...just happy to be upright! I still get winded real easy and I'm physically much weaker than I was, so I gotta start a workout routine soon. Damn school is taking it out of me this semester. I had to change careers and decided to become like those that saved my life, so I decided to become a RN, then BSN and on to Nurse Prac. Taking 14 hours per semester makes me wish for the simpler, easier times of just getting shot at...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You all good now?

Best wishes to you, and thank you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
We use the Blackhawk! holsters in our vests where I work. It really works nice for us because we normally use police style duty belts, and it's much easier to just throw on a vest with everything attached to it during a QRF drill or incident.

I may consider a similar setup for a "bump-in-the-night" vest, but not for something I'd have to wear everyday for extended times, I'd rather have hip or thigh holster in that case.
http://www.blackhawk.com//CatalogImages/18-782-IMG2_L.jpeg

I tried wearing both a duty belt and vest once. It's not practical, nor comfortable.

Shouldn't any SERPA holster mate up with the MOLLE adapter?
View Quote

I'm curious about Murooka's SERPA question above....
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No offense but this is just absolutely impracticable as heck. If it works for you then whatever but after 20 years in the infantry, reconnaissance and special operations is never suggest this. In fact is have to flat out refuse to let anyone in my squad or platoon have their sidearm like this even if it would be allowed on a jump. Again, no offense but you're not in a combat arms mos are you? I'd rethink this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he's an AF 0-2, missileer
That's clearly a personal rig and a games gun. Both being multipurposed into SHTF gear. He's not kicking in doors. I get where you're coming from but cut him some slack. That said, I wouldn't advocate it for others
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top