Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/3/2016 6:27:54 AM EDT
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-805-bren-s1-carbine/

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-carbine/

ETA: If these are old news I apologize. It's the first time I've seen them on their website.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice choices, not too sure about the 805, but I do like the Scorpion Rifle Carbine.

Max
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-805-bren-s1-carbine/

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-carbine/

ETA: If these are old news I apologize. It's the first time I've seen them on their website.

View Quote

I saw noir do something about the evo carbine but i hadn't seen the 805 rifle! thanks for posting
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd take the bren at $1200, not $2k.

The scorpion will go on my list.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#4]
So want both....
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Will wait patiently for the 806.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice choices, not too sure about the 805, but I do like the Scorpion Rifle Carbine.

Max
View Quote

This. I'm considering the rifle or the pistol in the future.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Was not aware of the 806, googled. Do want.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#9]

I hate to go off looks, but it looks like a lovechild of a Scar and a Eggo waffle.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Didn't like the 805 bren on semi 2RB or FA
And I never understood why people would want a rifle in 9mm
SBR or pistol maybe but rifle in 9mm just doesn't make sense
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:14:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea, that is what I would want as well.  The 805 is just kinda meh.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Bren doesn't look bad but I also don't see the point of a 9mm rifle with 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:47:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I want the bren but not at their price at 1-1.2k I could see it selling well and the scorpion i think is more for people who might SBR but are not sure or people who don't want a pistol till their stamp comes back or just for plinking not every gun needs a serious purpose.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Might be a while.  It's nice, though.

I really wish CZ had improved on the SCAR-esque 6-captured-torx-screws-for-bbl-retention method, esp. since Beretta seems to have been able to utilize 1 to handle the same function on the ARX-200.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems rather pointless for them to be selling the 805 now.  At its price point, it isn't an impulse buy so a potential owner is going to have done some research on it.  They will have seen the improved 806 design and it really makes the 805 less appealing, given the flaws it corrects.

I was never really interested in the 805 for its price and the fact it was a pistol.  Had no desire to do a SBR conversion on one.  The 805 rifle is definitely better, but the price is still too high to see much adoption.  When you're at $1800, it isn't that much of a stretch to get to $2200 for the SCAR, a proven rifle with a decent aftermarket.  I'd rather have the 806 but if they did fire-sale pricing of the 805 rifle for $1200 I might get interested.  Make it an 806 and I might go to $1400.  That's the limit of my "what's it worth to you" scale these days.

Funny thing, I already have a SBR'ed Scorpion, but the 16" carbine Scorpion is on my want-list for 2016.    I think it manages to satisfy the 16" barrel requirement while looking good, possible the best looking PCC I've seen.  I already have a stash of Scorpion stuff, and it'd be a great option for shooting at non-NFA friendly places.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Seems rather pointless for them to be selling the 805 now.  At its price point, it isn't an impulse buy so a potential owner is going to have done some research on it.  They will have seen the improved 806 design and it really makes the 805 less appealing, given the flaws it corrects.
View Quote

The 806 is a prototype, at best. It hasn't entered manufacturing or been accepted by the Czech military. It's not going to come out any time soon, if at all.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#17]
So the 806 is a SBR, and a little different than the 805?  Is it possible that you can buy the short barrel off the 805 pistol.....and swap that to the 805 carbine.......like a SCAR?
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#18]
If you want an 805 sbr just buy the pistol and add the stock after your stamp comes back.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you want an 805 sbr just buy the pistol and add the stock after your stamp comes back.
View Quote

Correct.....but the question was if the barrels are swapable? ie a SCAR or ACR.  If not, than SBRing the pistol is the way to go.  Are there stocks available?
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#20]
CZ USA has or has had or supposed to have soon the stocks and 922r kits, haven't checked but they said they will be offering them. Not sure on your barrel question. Would be nice if it were easy to swap I agree.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#21]
I think it uses a barrel system somewhat similar to the SCAR.  Not QD but not AR-barrel-nut either.  Doesn't really matter though, as I don't see CZ ever offering the barrels separately.  More likely to see Bushmaster start offering ACR barrels.

If you want the SBR, I agree, get the pistol and wait (and wait...) for CZ USA to get the 922r kits out.  Their first priority was the Scorpion kit, so they'll get to the 805 next.  I think the carbines are a direct result of their 922r research with the SBR issue, and the potential for non-NFA sales.  The 922r kits will probably get scarce as the carbines start being built.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 12:47:39 AM EDT
[#22]
CZ has a Mil/LE pricing program for the Bren as well. It's not $1200, but takes a good chunk off the MSRP.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
CZ USA has or has had or supposed to have soon the stocks and 922r kits, haven't checked but they said they will be offering them. Not sure on your barrel question. Would be nice if it were easy to swap I agree.
View Quote

CZ has posted both on Facebook and Instagram to state that Scorpion kits are their main focus right now; Bren kits are coming in a few months but they aren't making them a priority.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#24]
After firing the bren 805 in Afghanistan on SA 2RB and FA I would rather have an AR or SCAR or Robinson Arms

This will be another hype gun that wont last long
But don't take my word for it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
After firing the bren 805 in Afghanistan on SA 2RB and FA I would rather have an AR or SCAR or Robinson Arms

View Quote

I have a Scar and AR's and I like my 805 Bren better! Much better actually. So yeah I won't take your word for it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have a Scar and AR's and I like my 805 Bren better! Much better actually. So yeah I won't take your word for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you like better the cheap stock or more recoil of the bren. Because ARs or M4s and SCARs are better in construction and performance.
The bren is another hype gun and wont be nearly as popular as the AR or scar now or in the future. Both AR and scar will be around for a much longer time
Even the Czech soldiers liked the M4 better. And thats from those with real world experience in the field and in combat
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#27]
The scorpion carbine sorta looks familiar....

Link Posted: 1/6/2016 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I am definitely interested in the evo carbine, with an MSRP if $1049 you are talking about a $900 street price. It also says that the muzzle is threaded 1/2x28

No desire for the Bren. So far no 5.56 rifle has been awesome enough to warrant switching from an AR15.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The 806 is a prototype, at best. It hasn't entered manufacturing or been accepted by the Czech military. It's not going to come out any time soon, if at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem, CZ won't get my money for their Bren 805. Maybe one day they'll have my money from an 806.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Getting both, step aside IWI this is CZ's year.......
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What do you like better the cheap stock or more recoil of the bren. Because ARs or M4s and SCARs are better in construction and performance.
The bren is another hype gun and wont be nearly as popular as the AR or scar now or in the future. Both AR and scar will be around for a much longer time
Even the Czech soldiers liked the M4 better. And thats from those with real world experience in the field and in combat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol right, Bren is much better rife in about all respects. Super well made built like an HK gun, smooth as butter! very accurate! what recoil... should I keep going? But don't take my word for it...lol
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gee, I imagine some of us want something besides yet another AR.  Choices, how do they work.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 9:46:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Does anyone know for sure how easy or difficult it is to remove the barrel on the EVO? Might be worth picking up the rifle if you plan on suppressing it and then chopping the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Does anyone know for sure how easy or difficult it is to remove the barrel on the EVO? Might be worth picking up the rifle if you plan on suppressing it and then chopping the barrel.
View Quote

Very, but it requires detail stripping the gun.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:05:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very easy or very difficult?
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

lol right, Bren is much better rife in about all respects. Super well made built like an HK gun, smooth as butter! very accurate! what recoil... should I keep going? But don't take my word for it...lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what they said about all the other hype guns.  That thing on FA was not as controllable as M4.  Enjoy your hype gun. I'm sure prices will drop and in time fade away as the AR will still be around
I'll take my word and the Czech soldiers word that have real world experience not just someone that shoots off the bench at 100 yards max. duhh duh "LOL"
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That's what they said about all the other hype guns.  That thing on FA was not as controllable as M4.  Enjoy your hype gun. I'm sure prices will drop and in time fade away as the AR will still be around
I'll take my word and the Czech soldiers word that have real world experience not just someone that shoots off the bench at 100 yards max. duhh duh "LOL"
View Quote

No one cares. Get out of this thread.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Gee, I imagine some of us want something besides yet another AR.  Choices, how do they work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that's fine....just trying to warn you about the hype. And there are better weapons as well as choices.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why post on a public forum?
I'm giving you input from real world Czech soldiers and what they think about it. But, if you think that's not worthy then I guess you can keep buying into the hype.
Good luck shooting off the bench a 100 yards or less. You should have better understanding than those that actually used it in real world combat.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry: easy. This guide shows it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AIMO9onCXs

Note: the barrel is headspaced to the trunnion. When you buy an aftermarket barrel from CZ Custom, you only get the barrel. They offer a service for headspacing and mating the barrel to the trunnion, but it costs extra.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm giving you input from real world Czech soldiers and what they think about it. But, if you think that's not worthy then I guess you can keep buying into the hype.
Good luck shooting off the bench a 100 yards or less. You should have better understanding than those that actually used it in real world combat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know nothing about me, what I do, or how I will use it.

I am not a soldier.

I do not care about its full auto performance.

I have an AR and an AK and a SCAR and many other rifles.

I want the 805 Bren because it is an 805 Bren, not because I think it's something else. You are the only person who wants to have a dick waving contest about this rifle, we just want to enjoy it for what it is.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Note: the barrel is headspaced to the trunnion. When you buy an aftermarket barrel from CZ Custom, you only get the barrel. They offer a service for headspacing and mating the barrel to the trunnion, but it costs extra.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would probably just send It to Adco and let them chop it. Won't do anything until I had the suppressor in hand though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 11:26:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I am not a soldier.

I want the 805 Bren because it is an 805 Bren, not because I think it's something else. You are the only person who wants to have a dick waving contest about this rifle, we just want to enjoy it for what it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not a soldier.

LOL
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
LOL
View Quote

Excellent retort; you must have been the master of your debate team.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed on this point
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 11:47:52 PM EDT
[#46]
The CZ EVO is very expensive for what it is. I wouldn't buy at that price.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The CZ EVO is very expensive for what it is. I wouldn't buy at that price.
View Quote

Price an original HK94 (& throw in the cost of converting it to a SBR) & get back to us.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I think it uses a barrel system somewhat similar to the SCAR.  Not QD but not AR-barrel-nut either.  Doesn't really matter though, as I don't see CZ ever offering the barrels separately.  More likely to see Bushmaster start offering ACR barrels.
View Quote

All the posts from babies and children aside...

I can't believe no one calls out this comment, which really, is the most baseless of any in this entire thread.

CZ has done an AMAZING JOB of providing parts and support for their guns. You can buy barrels for every thing CZ makes. If there is one company who says they will offer a barrel kit, or parts kit, or factory replacement parts at a decent price, it's CZ.

Link Posted: 1/13/2016 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I can't believe no one calls out this comment, which really, is the most baseless of any in this entire thread.

CZ has done an AMAZING JOB of providing parts and support for their guns. You can buy barrels for every thing CZ makes. If there is one company who says they will offer a barrel kit, or parts kit, or factory replacement parts at a decent price, it's CZ.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, for their pistols, and it has only been in recent years.  I remember playing the "let's try to suppress the CZ 75" game and it was pretty much having an extension threaded onto your barrel because CZ didn't offer much of anything.

Don't be so harsh until you can refute it.  Scorpion has been out for a while and a crazy success and you can't buy the barrel from CZ.  CZ Custom has some, but I think they make those themselves and they don't require gas system parts.  The market saturation of the 805 is so low that in my opinion it isn't profitable for them to offer them.  There's a longer barrel off the A1 but it's still less than 16" so still NFA territory.  I'm curious if the 805 rifle is going to be wearing a domestic or Czech barrel.  Maybe after they start shipping the 805 rifles we'll see the 16" barrel for sale, but that's a maybe.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top