[#1]
Guerilla shill detected.

Jokes, thanks for the detailed report!
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CiggyTardust:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsCLnhutbxc

Got to shoot the Inconel CAT WB over the weekend on a PWS MK111. First impressions:

Doubled up on earpro in a very overcrowded indoor range it sounded a bit better than my Polo K for sure. Not as big a difference as I expected, but it was noticeable. Polo-K on a 14.5 I'd rank 80 if WB on an 11.8 were 100. Granted it was very loud that day at the range, obnoxiously so. But where I was truly astounded was the back pressure and complete lack of gas... that was astounding. Coming from mainly a Turbo-K, the lack of gas to face indoors was magical.

PWS uppers have 3 gas settings: 1 - unsuppressed, 2 - mixed, 3 - suppressed. With a Turbo-K I'd always run setting 3 (with H3 buffer and Sprinco blue) and still get gassed out after a string of shots but with the WB I mostly had to run setting 2 as though it were unsuppressed. Setting 3 wouldn't work (not enough gas) until I switched to an A5 setup (BCM T2), after which setting 3 worked much better although I had one failure to feed which suggests there wasn't quite enough gas. I will say it was probably the softest, most pleasant-shooting setup I've ever shot though. Not sure if switching to a lighter buffer (BCM T1) will help me run on setting 3 but for duty/defensive use I'll likely crank up the gas to setting 2. Overall it was amazingly pleasant to shoot and really does seem to render other cans obsolete when weighing its performance and lack of gas.
View Quote
Sounds pretty sweet; thanks for the report.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, after my screwing by Silencer shop, I ended up ordering two alleycat's in 5.56.  One 718, and one titanium.  That will cover both my main rifles, and I'll get to see how a Ti can holds up.  Still considering switching my SS order to a Cobalt Kinetics Scrambler.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
Well, after my screwing by Silencer shop, I ended up ordering two alleycat's in 5.56.  One 718, and one titanium.  That will cover both my main rifles, and I'll get to see how a Ti can holds up.  Still considering switching my SS order to a Cobalt Kinetics Scrambler.
View Quote

piece of mind?
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By walldj45:

piece of mind?
View Quote

Yes.  That was the only place I could find that had any currently.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 12:43:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Piece of Mind are good people. I got an SCI-SIX from them. No hassles and awesome CS. 10/10 would order from them again.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 1:38:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone cerakoted their cat cans yet

Would like to do FDE but wondered if there are any issues in doing
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

CAT MOB is the one that interests me.  Seems to be the best performing subgun can in the Pew Science testing.  Have a Wolfman already.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 1:05:32 AM EDT
[#9]
CAT WB: The new best in class 5.56 K suppressor
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 11:48:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TX_Falcon556] [#10]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

A lot of what we discussed was who is involved and his experiences with them. I can tell yall, there’s some impressive resumes working with them and that they aren’t BSing when they say there are military units out there using their IP. I’m probably going to get called a shill or shadow marketer, but I’m only saying what I’ve seen proof of. CAT was one of the things he and I talked about the least overall during our range trip, but he said he should potentially be getting some of their stuff and he would let me try it out because they have cans I’m interested in. If I get to, I’ll throw my thoughts on their stuff in here.
View Quote

There’s nothing NDA about CAT. The owner of CGS has had open discussions and has made is clear he doesn’t care who knows what because they wouldn’t be able replicate their ideas. I’ve even been told the manufacturer of CGS/CAT. The DMLS OEM.

Short story is there’s a big European Presence with “Specter Cat” in law enforcement and military units overseas. CAT is basically them bringing those designs to the US market (with very interesting marketing). Alley Cat is the same design with thicker walls in some areas and is marketed more for LE/MIL.

There’s more detail in there but it’s not that important or secretive. I’ll keep the OEM unnamed. I will say it’s a company that does not work with the firearms industry outside CGS/CAT and they are European based.

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 11:53:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TX_Falcon556:
There’s more detail in there but it’s not that important or secretive. I’ll keep the OEM unnamed. I will say it’s a company that does not work with the firearms industry outside CGS/CAT and they are European based.
View Quote

CAT named the OEM 6+ months ago on their social media, it's i3D Mfg. They aren't European, and they print cans for a bunch of companies.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 12:21:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ian187] [#12]
What is so special about Euro units an Euro manufacturers? Why is that supposed to sound impressive?
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 7:34:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eagarminuteman] [#13]

There’s nothing NDA about CAT. The owner of CGS has had open discussions and has made is clear he doesn’t care who knows what because they wouldn’t be able replicate their ideas. I’ve even been told the manufacturer of CGS/CAT. The DMLS OEM.

Short story is there’s a big European Presence with “Specter Cat” in law enforcement and military units overseas. CAT is basically them bringing those designs to the US market (with very interesting marketing). Alley Cat is the same design with thicker walls in some areas and is marketed more for LE/MIL.

View Quote

Fair enough. Everything you said tracks with what I know. I’ll leave my friends name out of this cause of he wanted to join arf he would’ve. But I can confirm he’s gotten to work with Australian SAS and Polish GROM in regards to CGS/CAT stuff. Not to mention working with current and former SOFD-D guys on this stuff. And for what it’s worth we agreed the marketing was meh.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm not tracking something here. Who the parent company is isn't covered by NDA or anything, yet they just don't say who they are?

They've gotten multiple contracts, yet there's never any specifics other than some mentions of cool guys using their stuff?
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Fair enough. Everything you said tracks with what I know. I’ll leave my friends name out of this cause of he wanted to join arf he would’ve. But I can confirm he’s gotten to work with Australian SAS and Polish GROM in regards to CGS/CAT stuff. Not to mention working with current and former SOFD-D guys on this stuff. And for what it’s worth we agreed the marketing was meh.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

All of this “If you know you know, I’m not telling” crap is part of what people hate. It’s annoying. If you know a secret, shut up. Don’t tell people you know a secret but aren’t going to spill. Spill, or shut up. Bragging that you know just makes you a clout chaser.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CowboyWubWub:

All of this “If you know you know, I’m not telling” crap is part of what people hate. It’s annoying. If you know a secret, shut up. Don’t tell people you know a secret but aren’t going to spill. Spill, or shut up. Bragging that you know just makes you a clout chaser.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

There's a fine line between telling blatant trade secrets that you're not comfortable talking about and being informative to the public so you can make a good purchasing decision.

No ones chasing clout on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Alley Cat is the same design with thicker walls in some areas and is marketed more for LE/MIL.

View Quote

the LE LEO stuff has one more baffle and a thicker construction. its also supposed to only be sold to LEO dudes, but its not hard to get around that. this is direct from my CGS reps mouth.

FWIW, my form 3s for CAT cans all say CGS on them. The location on the can says Artesia, NM. Which is where CGS is based. If these cans perform well and you have an industry contact (CAT and CGS website), im not really sure what else you need or why you "need" a name.

FWIW, we had a ODB Ti on a 6.75" rattler this last weekend at my suppressor event and it held up very well with 100% subs. it did eventually loosen but whatever.

Link Posted: 6/6/2024 6:43:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jm11513] [#19]
Originally Posted By Mesooohoppy:

the LE LEO stuff has one more baffle and a thicker construction. its also supposed to only be sold to LEO dudes, but its not hard to get around that. this is direct from my CGS reps mouth.

FWIW, my form 3s for CAT cans all say CGS on them. The location on the can says Artesia, NM. Which is where CGS is based. If these cans perform well and you have an industry contact (CAT and CGS website), im not really sure what else you need or why you "need" a name.

FWIW, we had a ODB Ti on a 6.75" rattler this last weekend at my suppressor event and it held up very well with 100% subs. it did eventually loosen but whatever.

View Quote

We like honesty. Half this industry is people selling absolute dogshit with a super cool name tied to it.

Am i, as a consumer supposed to be impressed that some cool dudes in Europe are running around with these?

This is what i saw a lot when i was getting into guns

Attachment Attached File

You gotta do better than "cool guys use our stuff but we aren’t going to say who"
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

So besides slightly better durability, are the Alley Cat versions higher sound performing than the regular CAT cans?
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Some people will abandon all OPSEC to let people know they know something others shouldn't know.

In a situation like this secrets are likely being kept because either they are full of shit about their pedigree or knowing CAT's real identity would cause the consumer base to leave (or both). For me, personally, I like to know whose pocket book I'm lining. For all we know 'European' is more 'East European' and these are some 3rd party Russian company designed cans.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
CAT is.

Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:33:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By UMP45_Enthusiast:

Some people will abandon all OPSEC to let people know they know something others shouldn't know.

In a situation like this secrets are likely being kept because either they are full of shit about their pedigree or knowing CAT's real identity would cause the consumer base to leave (or both). For me, personally, I like to know whose pocket book I'm lining. For all we know 'European' is more 'East European' and these are some 3rd party Russian company designed cans.
View Quote

The headquarters of said company is Austria.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:40:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CiggyTardust] [#24]
So besides slightly better durability, are the Alley Cat versions higher sound performing than the regular CAT cans?
View Quote

Theoretically a bit better but nothing you're going to notice I suspect.  I have a WB 718 and opted for that because HUB is the only way to go for me as I'm running Rearden on everything.  Proprietary mounts (as found on the Alleycat) are not something that interest me at all.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Jm11513:

Am i, as a consumer supposed to be impressed that some cool dudes in Europe are running around with these?
View Quote

you shouldnt give two shits what guys in europe are doing. go shoot these cans and make your own judgments. its what i did. the ODB is the quietest can ive shot on a 300blk. its quieter than a Hyperion.

love or hate the hype, marketing, noise, secrecy, whatever the hell we are obsessed with today, etc. these cans are very real and very impressive.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By emccracken:
View Quote

i was just told they are slightly beefier and have an additional baffle.

im assuming that means they are quieter but my rep didnt specifically say that.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#27]

you shouldnt give two shits what guys in europe are doing. go shoot these cans and make your own judgments. its what i did. the ODB is the quietest can ive shot on a 300blk. its quieter than a Hyperion.
View Quote

Just curious, what host were you using?
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By arndog123:

Just curious, what host were you using?
View Quote

6.75 rattler.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#29]

6.75 rattler.
View Quote

@Mesooohoppy

Do you know what gas regulator?  F01, or F03?  If the ODB runs with the F01 valve, it's got my attention.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 12:51:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
CAT is.

View All Quotes

CAT is.

Where on here? How? CAT has zero incentive to mingle with ARF.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 4:47:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#31]
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 6:19:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#32]
Originally Posted By DDS87:

View All Quotes

CAT is.

That last part is interesting, considering they had at least a few active accounts here that were openly CAT managed (like, they openly said “hey, we’re from CAT!”) when they first showed up with their crazy marketing schemes.

I want to say they had a couple multi page threads that were eventually locked/shitcanned.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 6:49:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NewWind] [#33]
Originally Posted By Green0:

Looking at an 18 page thread that isn’t about a recall and saying the company has nobody and no influencers stirring crap is missing the obvious reality.

Nothing like this on these forums goes 18 pages without motivated parties reviving it regularly.
View Quote

You have replied to this thread roughly 43 times.

EDIT: to put context to why I said this, there are about 125 posters in this thread. If they all replied 43 times there would be about 107 pages to this thread. I am specifically saying it is patently dishonest to contribute far more than the average (about 7 posts per poster in this thread vs the 43 by Green0) then say "only dirty shills would do this".
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:

That last part is interesting, considering they had at least a few active accounts here that were openly CAT managed (like, they openly said “hey, we’re from CAT!”) when they first showed up with their crazy marketing schemes.

I want to say they had a couple multi page threads that were eventually locked/shitcanned.
View Quote

I recall one poster that was accused of being a paid shill and would play along with the conspiracy theories and accusations, I was wondering if there was anyone still around that is seriously suspected as implied. I don't think they need this forum to sell product.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#35]

@Mesooohoppy

Do you know what gas regulator?  F01, or F03?  If the ODB runs with the F01 valve, it's got my attention.
View Quote

I was actually talking to my co worker yesterday who also has the same setup (6.75 rattler with odb ti). We were talking about plug sizes. I was told it comes with the F03 plug from the factory.

Both of our rattlers are very low round counts, so they're still fresh. But we have issues with some factory subs cycling on regular mode. We have to switch to adverse to get 100% reliability
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 10:38:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cardboardkiller] [#36]
I’d like to know why Capitol Armory is no longer carrying CAT. I’m interested in their Mobster and to see what their Rattler is all about. If CA isn’t carrying them, I don’t see myself getting one since SS can’t Seem to get their shit together and the dealers around here just suck.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#37]
I agree it's a shame CA isn't carrying them anymore. I would much prefer to have it sent directly to my home even aside from issues I've been hearing about with SS. from what I've seen CAT didn't seem to be mad about the decision (at least, not in a public way- also, I have not looked around for specific drama surrounding their departure so here may be more I'm unaware of). Thankfully I have some pretty solid LGSs around me so I'll probably just ask what their preferences are for efiling.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 8:56:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#38]
Originally Posted By NewWind:

You have replied to this thread roughly 43 times.

EDIT: to put context to why I said this, there are about 125 posters in this thread. If they all replied 43 times there would be about 107 pages to this thread. I am specifically saying it is patently dishonest to contribute far more than the average (about 7 posts per poster in this thread vs the 43 by Green0) then say "only dirty shills would do this".
View Quote
What an insightful analysis from a completely impartial gun muffler enthusiast. [/s]

What I meant about “CAT is” as far as chasing clout here, is that on their debut here, linked in the first post of this thread, they started swinging their pussies around about irrelevant clout shit within a freaking hour, and people continue to do that on their behalf, with or without a connection to the company, but always without evidence. Their clout chasing here is well recorded, indisputable, and not debatable.

They might be really good… dunno. Because very little of their product even exists outside of youtube, and the 2 people in however many pages this is that actually have used their products. Probably.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#39]

I don't think they need this forum to sell product.
View Quote

I disagree, and not in a way that is negative, this time. This forum places a certain value on marketing, like any other. That value is a specific number. Whether or not that investment performs in a way that makes it worthwhile…I don’t know. But if you’ve ever sent out a good morning text, then you know that even trivial comms sometimes pay off, and things that seem innocent or low-effort to some observers can get you short-term wins pretty frequently.

2 dudes here have acquired them and like them…have you?
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#40]
What I meant about “CAT is” as far as chasing clout here, is that on their debut here, linked in the first post of this thread, they started swinging their pussies around about irrelevant clout shit within a freaking hour, and people continue to do that on their behalf, with or without a connection to the company, but always without evidence. Their clout chasing here is well recorded, indisputable, and not debatable.
View All Quotes

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I did go back to the first thread from almost a year ago and saw "NaughtyKitty" was indeed here explaining who they were. When you mentioned CAT chasing clout, I took that to mean the company is actively/continuously doing things at present somewhere here to try and win favor.

They might be really good… dunno. Because very little of their product even exists outside of youtube, and the 2 people in however many pages this is that actually have used their products. Probably.

It's hard to know how much of their product exists. There are several user reviews posted outside of YouTube, I've posted a couple of the more comparitive examples as I've seen them.

Originally Posted By 1168RGR:2 dudes here have acquired them and like them…have you?

I have not acquired one yet, currently arranging for a hometown-local SOT to back-order one for me since they sell out too fast for me to have a chance at claiming one in stock.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Little personal WB 718 info:

It's been about a week and a half or so since I tossed a 718 WB on a 11.5 spear. I needed something cool for a suppressor event my shop and I were hosting. I have no idea when our SLX 556 is showing up and I had a couple of WBs hanging around so it seemed like an easy decision.

It's done very well thus far. It survived the event and it's done well living it's life as a rental before and after the event. I think I'll give it a month or two and then take the can off and look at cleaning it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#42]
I just picked up my cat cans - 718 ODB, SR, Mob, and JL.

I’ve only had one 2 hour range day with them, but after shooting a couple hundred through the ODB on my 12.5 ar (77gr and 55 gr), I won’t be grabbing my polonium or enticer s again for use on any gas gun.

Worked great on 300 bo as well - both subs and supers (spear lt).  

Overall and as a general first impression, I’m very impressed with all of them.

For anyone potentially interested but skeptical of other first hand accounts, pew science testing/data, or their suppressors in general, try to find a way to shoot them (hopefully that gets easier as more of them get in people’s hands).
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By wavebywave:
I just picked up my cat cans - 718 ODB, SR, Mob, and JL.

I’ve only had one 2 hour range day with them, but after shooting a couple hundred through the ODB on my 12.5 ar (77gr and 55 gr), I won’t be grabbing my polonium or enticer s again for use on any gas gun.

Worked great on 300 bo as well - both subs and supers (spear lt).  

Overall and as a general first impression, I’m very impressed with all of them.

For anyone potentially interested but skeptical of other first hand accounts, pew science testing/data, or their suppressors in general, try to find a way to shoot them (hopefully that gets easier as more of them get in people’s hands).
View Quote

I'm so hyped for my ODB to ship so I can test it out.
I have a similar opinion on other Silencers as well. Once my WB and ODB get out of jail I really don't see myself using a lot of my other silencers
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 11:21:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I think you’ll dig them. Def report back - I want to compare a WB side by side against an ODB.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#45]
The form 4's for my two Alley Cat's were approved today, hopefully I can find some time to go shoot next week.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Patiently waiting for a Dirty Dave. Probably my best bet since I can only afford 1 more can right now. Seems like it would work well on my Scar 17, short and long 556 ARs alike!
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#47]
The form 4's for my two Alley Cat's were approved today, hopefully I can find some time to go shoot next week.
View Quote

Congrats! Which alley cats did you pick up? I'd love some feedback on their AC 556 can if you grabbed it. Also, if you got ti - not a bad idea to run water through them, shake, drain, and follow it up with compressed air. I did that a few times for my ti cat cans as I didn't want any leftover print material making its way into my action/firearm. Most likely not necessary but worked well for me. To dry them (also not necessary as they'll naturally dry), I simply threw them in my FA brass dryer for a couple hours on 160.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Has anyone seen any temperature testing to show how many rounds the Inconel CAT cans take to hit their temperature threshold? The only tests I have seen have been for the titanium versions.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By wavebywave:

Congrats! Which alley cats did you pick up? I'd love some feedback on their AC 556 can if you grabbed it. Also, if you got ti - not a bad idea to run water through them, shake, drain, and follow it up with compressed air. I did that a few times for my ti cat cans as I didn't want any leftover print material making its way into my action/firearm. Most likely not necessary but worked well for me. To dry them (also not necessary as they'll naturally dry), I simply threw them in my FA brass dryer for a couple hours on 160.
View Quote

I picked up two 5.56 AC's, one 718, and one Ti.  Interesting that the Ti on the kitchen scale comes in almost two ounces under the listed weight.  I'm getting 7.1oz, that's closer to WB weight, than AC.  But it's marked Alley Cat.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Awesome - can't wait for you to shoot them and report back. I noticed the same with weight - my ti cat cans were slightly lighter than originally listed; however, my 718 ODB was 1.2 oz heavier than the published weight.

The thought of their full size AC 556 ti can being that light makes me want one. I'd jump if they had a hub version.
Page / 21
CAT suppressors Vol.2 (Page 18 of 21)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top