BCM
User Panel

Surefire RC3 (Page 3 of 7)
Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigbore:

As it it was explained to me - If you are sneaking around, but something happens that you are expecting a multiple mag firefight why would you want the extra weight, the blow back mess, and a red hot branding iron on the end of your rifle?

I have no idea if that's a doctrine, or just a couple dude's opinions.  Makes sense to me.   It may be total bull shit.

View Quote

Makes sense to me too, thanks man.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:

Opinions vary on this topic among Warfighters. Generally, neither fast-on nor fast-off are particularly valued, as its either on or off all the time, or at least the duration of a mission, and there are often SOPs for this, particularly in top-shelf units.
View Quote

I feel the same, it just sounds odd to me that anyone at any level would take time out of a firefight to take on or off their suppressor. Once you start shooting and the can gets hot, it is probably staying on because removing it is just as dangerous as the incoming lead. If you got ambushed, I highly doubt you would take time to pull a suppressor out and attach it.

The only super niche case that I can think of is being in a very cold environment (interior Alaska) and the heat haze from the suppressor is actually making it hard to aim.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]

The combat guys I know say the opposite.  The can is nice going in, but when it gets time to start really blasting they don't want the can on any more. YMMV.
View Quote

I was just clearing up what I believe Ryan was saying. He was saying I believe that fast attach is more important. I wasn’t saying one way or another. I believe quick detach is better personally. But I finally got the RC2 in jail this past week after really hearing it in person. I’m stoked. I may do a 762 RC3.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Be funny if they change the attachment method, ie: different muzzle device.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 7:26:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#5]
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By UMP45_Enthusiast:

I feel the same, it just sounds odd to me that anyone at any level would take time out of a firefight to take on or off their suppressor. Once you start shooting and the can gets hot, it is probably staying on because removing it is just as dangerous as the incoming lead. If you got ambushed, I highly doubt you would take time to pull a suppressor out and attach it.

The only super niche case that I can think of is being in a very cold environment (interior Alaska) and the heat haze from the suppressor is actually making it hard to aim.
View Quote
Though I'm not a HSLD operator, by the time I'm thinking, in combat, to take off a suppressor, it's probably too late to fuck around with a red hot tamale.

The SpecOps guys I've known are just like the other military guys and cops I've known- some know their shit, and some are full of shit.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By StillGonnaSendIt:
I may do a 762 RC3.
View Quote

Same.

Do we know when those will be released?
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By S-1:

Same.

View Quote

According to OP it looks like 10/12 is the release date for any announcements.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone certify one yet?

Link Posted: 10/5/2023 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By S-1:

Same.

View Quote

Wonder if they’ll do an RC3 300 as well?  Or if they’ll even do the 7.62 right now. I’d do the 7.62 but for 556 I’m satisfied with my RC2 choices.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#11]
My LGS has a landing page for the RC3, but no stock or picture.  Priced at $1,799.  I have 2-RC2’s and I was thinking I would buy an RC3 when released.  I’ll hold off until some reviews come out at that price point.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Diesel1979:
My LGS has a landing page for the RC3, but no stock or picture.  Priced at $1,799.  I have 2-RC2’s and I was thinking I would buy an RC3 when released.  I’ll hold off until some reviews come out at that price point.
View Quote

The reviews better make it out to be better than sliced bread
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:38:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_XRing] [#13]
Hey guys I am new to the forums.  Just spent a week with the new Surefire RC3 suppressors.  It is an expensive but very legit suppressor. Surefire knocked it out of the park with this one.
Surefire RC3
First release! SUREFIRE RC-3
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks like a mini version will also be released at some point.

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By The_XRing:
Hey guys I am new to the forums.  Just spent a week with the new Surefire RC3 suppressors.  It is an expensive but very legit suppressor. Surefire knocked it out of the park with this one.
Surefire RC3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaWB1O9XfmM
View Quote

Very good first post from a new member. RC3 looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:17:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DDS87] [#16]
Originally Posted By The_XRing:
Surefire RC3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaWB1O9XfmM
View Quote

The flash signature of the RC3 is reduced "quite significantly" compared to the RC2, which has generally been the gold standard for that. Impressive!

I appreciate the direct comparison footage as well. Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:31:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlueShirtGuy] [#17]
SUREFIRE RC3 - LOW BACK PRESSURE | PART 1

The World's Toughest Suppressor Just Got Better: Surefire RC3

No cleaning schedule and great QD mounting option. To me this can is a Huxwrx FLOW killer.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BlueShirtGuy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxOvON50cGE

No cleaning schedule amd great QD mounting option. To me this can is a Huxwrx FLOW killer.
View Quote
I would still choose the huxwrx because of the weight difference and the price difference
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Middlelength:

They have a great mount with pretty tight tolerances, that has to be maintained. There are plenty of other good mounts out there, I'm not aware of any that are "better" than the Surefire.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Middlelength:
Originally Posted By peachy:

Surefire probably has the shittiest mount available of any major suppressor manufacturer. At least I can’t think of anything worse off the top of my head.

They have a great mount with pretty tight tolerances, that has to be maintained. There are plenty of other good mounts out there, I'm not aware of any that are "better" than the Surefire.

Keymo is way worse than surefire mounts.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:

View Quote

Finally we've completed a full popularity cycle. Can't wait to reject whatever becomes en vogue in '24.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote
I've never had a surefire come loose when shooting.  Can't say the same thing about Keymo on a 100% dead air ecosystem.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:12:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rbutcher] [#22]
Originally Posted By KM6:

Finally we've completed a full popularity cycle. Can't wait to reject whatever becomes en vogue in '24.
View All Quotes

Who cares about popularity. I only care about performance. I have had way more issues with Keymo attachment than I have with surefire.

How many rounds do you have through 100% dead air Keymo systems compared to surefire socom attachment systems?
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like a mini version will also be released at some point.

https://i.postimg.cc/Kc3tLqnZ/Screenshot-20231012-074524-Gmail.jpg
View Quote

Correct - the Surefire rep said in the TFB video that they’re focusing on full size 5.56 RC3 for the next 3 months, then releasing the other variants (said same as the RC2 lineup).
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Who cares about popularity. I only care about performance. I have had way more issues with Keymo attachment than I have with surefire.

How many rounds do you have through 100% dead air Keymo systems compared to surefire socom attachment systems?
View Quote

Surefire, 100%. I am in total agreement with you about SF vs DA's systems, haha.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:19:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rbutcher] [#25]

Surefire, 100%. I am in total agreement with you about SF vs DA's systems, haha.
View All Quotes

I misunderstood your post then. My bad. Carry on.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:27:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UMP45_Enthusiast] [#26]
Originally Posted By bigdot:

Correct - the Surefire rep said in the TFB video that they’re focusing on full size 5.56 RC3 for the next 3 months, then releasing the other variants (said same as the RC2 lineup).
View Quote

I have always been unimpressed with the RC2 Mini. The length reduction is great, but it somehow manages to be shorter without shedding almost any weight and LOUD. I wonder how loud a Mini RC3 would end up being.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Just an FYI it looks like it will be a few more weeks before dealers have these available.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Just an FYI it looks like it will be a few more weeks before dealers have these available.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up.  Just curious on how you were able to find this out.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#29]

I misunderstood your post then. My bad. Carry on.
View Quote

No worries, it can take a skilled wordsmith to parse my salads.

On topic, the mini3 is on my short list for sure.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Very interesting.
I'm quite happy overall with my RC2.  In my opinion it is quiet, not overly big or heavy.  I'm in the process of switching to labyrinth mounts on my SBRs after testing back to back with the regular closed tines I've been using up to this point.  I don't find the gas to be that bad, but less would always be nice if all the other performance attributes can be maintained.

I have a Mini2 in jail.  I put it on a 14.5 and fired about ten rounds through it when it came in, so minimal experience so far, but my initial impression was that the length and weight difference was noticeable on a barrel that long.  However, it did seem louder than the RC2 for sure.

I'll wait for further testing, reviews, and hopefully price drops, but if the RC3 can deliver noticeably less gas while keeping everything else effectively the same, and come down into, say, the ~1200 range, I could be interested.  $1800 is a bit steep.  Hopefully that will only hold until the supply chain is full and the "gotta have it now" folks are done.  But, people pay more than double that for KACs all the time, which makes no sense to me, but clearly there is a market for extremely expensive suppressors even far beyond $1800.

My experience with Huxwurks is that they are loud.
As they say, no free lunch.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:54:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UMP45_Enthusiast] [#31]
Actually looking at the Surefire marketing video, you can see the RC3 Mini in it several times. So I would guess they are beign honest with they say in about 3 months we will be seeing them in the market as well.

Originally Posted By DVCNick:
I have a Mini2 in jail.  I put it on a 14.5 and fired about ten rounds through it when it came in, so minimal experience so far, but my initial impression was that the length and weight difference was noticeable on a barrel that long.  However, it did seem louder than the RC2 for sure.
View Quote

The size difference is noticeable, but I really didn't notice the weight reduction too much. For a can that drops almost 1.5" I was expecting a larger weight drop than 2oz. Overall unimpressed with it, but I do prefer it over the full size on my Block II. Now I sit here wondering if I should get the RC3 or wait for the mini RC3...

Edit: Wait for Mini...
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#32]
They're certainly proud of this can.

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Subpar:
They're certainly proud of this can.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/Screen_Shot_2023-10-12_at_11_17_52_AM-2988290.png
View Quote

Zero percent chance I'm dropping $1,700 on a can. I'm sure it's going to be a good can and all that but I'm not paying that.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:42:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbutcher] [#34]
Originally Posted By voodochild:

Zero percent chance I'm dropping $1,700 on a can. I'm sure it's going to be a good can and all that but I'm not paying that.
View Quote

Not defending surefire, but KAC PRT cans are for the same target market, same design goal, same material, same manufacturing processs…. And they cost the exact same too. Everyone is acting like surefire is the only one who is charging this much for a suppressor.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By ngc1300:
Thanks for the heads up.  Just curious on how you were able to find this out.
View Quote

I own a FFL/SOT business.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Not defending surefire, but KAC PRT cans are for the same target market, same design goal, same material, same manufacturing processs…. And they cost the exact same too. Everyone is acting like surefire is the only one who is charging this much for a suppressor.
View All Quotes

No its just the two companies that do a lot of govt business.  Perhaps primarily govt business.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 1:25:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#37]
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

KAC has always been assholes though.  I expect it from them at this point.

The RC3 is nearly double the price of what an RC2 cost a few years ago.  

Tough pill to swallow.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I’ll be picking one up and I currently have an RC2.  My interest is in the reduction of blow back being a lefty.  I still want an AEM5 suppressor so I guess I’ll end up with 3 5.56 cans at some point .
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Green0:
It looks like a substantial backpressure reduction, but you can hear the difference in the video- the can is a bit louder.  The RC2 wasn't the best sounding can to begin with.  This probably represents some really solid engineering work, and the $1710 street price is definitely segmenting it into the top price bracket for the category.  

The sound is less doctored in the TFB video. @ 1:43 you get to hear some video that sounds un-doctored of sound performance.  It sounds not too different from a flow 556K or something in that vicinity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POiV8OVSbd8
View Quote

Thanks for your ever-present expert analysis.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Green0:
It looks like a substantial backpressure reduction, but you can hear the difference in the video- the can is a bit louder.  The RC2 wasn't the best sounding can to begin with.  This probably represents some really solid engineering work, and the $1710 street price is definitely segmenting it into the top price bracket for the category.  

The sound is less doctored in the TFB video. @ 1:43 you get to hear some video that sounds un-doctored of sound performance.  It sounds not too different from a flow 556K or something in that vicinity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POiV8OVSbd8

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

I wouldn't buy a KAC either.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 7:55:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: my69camaro1] [#43]
RC2 cans used to be around $1200-1300. The last two I bought were around $900 each. Give it some time and I'm sure the RC3 will drop down around $1500 or less. Not horrible for a can literally designed for warfare abuse.

As far as mounts. You seriously have like 10 different options to mount socom cans, I'd say that's pretty damn amazing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:19:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#44]
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#45]
They aren’t allowed to sell it to you for less than they sell it to the government for.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#46]
As mentioned, the design looks very similar to KAC or even Sig's SLH/SLX

Now the Sig suppressors being $1250 doesn't seem that bad, relative to KAC or Surefire.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:14:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#47]
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#50]

They will be getting a love letter from surefire regarding MAP soon.  Surefire is very strict.
View Quote

So in other words, order now.
Page / 7
Surefire RC3 (Page 3 of 7)
Top Top