User Panel

Should I sell? (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 5:05:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amphibian] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sleestakwhisperer:

I'm waiting for a stamp for a SP1 conversion.  I'm definitely going to get a 22 kit for it.  

I would like to get a 9mm upper as well, but "they" say it beats up your lower.   If there was something really slick out there to buy, I would plunk down the cash for it. 9mm is your friend.   But I have an UZI, so it's not critical.  It would be nice if the M16 9mm upper used UZI mags, I have plenty of them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sleestakwhisperer:
Originally Posted By amphibian:
Is that the Gemtech Talon 9mm upper you are talking about? https://smallarmsreview.com/the-gemtech-talon-sd/
I did get a Gemtech Talon 9mm barrel which I still have which is just a 5" barrel that Dater turned from a Douglas blank.

Nothing special by today's standards....just a typical straight blowback 9mm upper that really sucks compared to an MP5.  
Problem is that even today there are no good, reliable delayed blowback 9mm full auto setups for the M16 other than what I built.  Not bragging as I really just wanted to buy something turn key but nothing exists which is why I went through all the work I did to make it happen.  I built several for some friends too and it makes me happy to see others enjoying the setup that we have all waited 20+ years for.

I'm waiting for a stamp for a SP1 conversion.  I'm definitely going to get a 22 kit for it.  

I would like to get a 9mm upper as well, but "they" say it beats up your lower.   If there was something really slick out there to buy, I would plunk down the cash for it. 9mm is your friend.   But I have an UZI, so it's not critical.  It would be nice if the M16 9mm upper used UZI mags, I have plenty of them.
I did have an SP1 conversion and shot so much 9mm through it back around 2003 or so from my straight blowback setups that I did egg out the hammer pin hole on it.  I would never run a straight blowback 9mm setup on a RR.  
I wouldn't hesitate to run 9mm through a RR w/ the delayed blowback uppers though and what I built is the only thing that is reliable: https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=1733

I did make a few extras if you are serious about getting a smooth 9mm upper.

I also have FA UZI's but I really like the M16 platform for LRBHO, nice trigger, ergonomics and the extreme tune-ability you can do with them.

Regarding UZI mags, there is the old VM Hytech block if you can find one on the used market: https://thehebrewhammer.net/2015/02/02/vm-hy-tech-ar-15-uzi-mag-adapter-review/
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Should I sell? (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top