BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 11:48:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That, and it looks they also brought back the trigger safety with the Gen 4.
View Quote
I’m gonna order one next week.

I’m not going to suppress it, like I have my IMI Kidon Pistol Conversion or CAA Gear Micro Roni Stabilizer Gen 2.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#3]
After shooting several magazines, I start experiencing FTEs.

G3 Stab 17.  Have an early 2 pin G17.3.

Replaced the extractor and all the other internal extractor parts.

The range sessions start off positively then always end with failure.

I don't think it's coming unlocked.

Could the charging handle come loose enough to start affecting the slide cycle?

I need to have a dedicated trouble shooting range session.  Shoot the pistol by itself when it starts failing in the chassis.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 10:38:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I need to have a dedicated trouble shooting range session.  Shoot the pistol by itself when it starts failing in the chassis.
View Quote
While your Glock is locked in the Roni, do you have enough vertical play at the charging handle that it makes contact with  the inside of the channel that the handles slide through? If so, the friction/contact may be the culprit.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 7:47:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
How many shots before it starts to fail?

The Glock is lubricated?

Absolutely.  Is the bolt handle secure?

Is the gun firing without the CAA Gear Micro Roni Stabilizer ?

The only time I had issues was with a G23 using 40 S&W ammunition.

No issues with a Glock 19 or Glock 23 with a 9 mm Conversion on my part.

I have ordered an MCK.  There were issues with the Communist PayPal payment option.  F-ing bastards.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

While your Glock is locked in the Roni, do you have enough vertical play at the charging handle that it makes contact with  the inside of the channel that the handles slide through? If so, the friction/contact may be the culprit.
View Quote
Hmmm. I can move my CH up and down to where it touches the rail.

Is it not suppose to? If not, what is the fix?

Having issues only when using the 30rnd mags.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:50:12 AM EDT
[#7]
So what’s the consensus on the Micro Roni vs the MCK?

Looks like the MCK is cheaper at some places
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So what’s the consensus on the Micro Roni vs the MCK?

Looks like the MCK is cheaper at some places
View Quote
I ordered one even though I have a Gen 2 CAA Gear Micro Roni Stabilizer and a IMI Kidon Pistol Conversion.

I ordered directly from CAA GEAR (Command Arms) which priced a backpack and MCK for $300.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I ordered one even though I have a Gen 2 CAA Gear Micro Roni Stabilizer and a IMI Kidon Pistol Conversion.

I ordered directly from CAA GEAR (Command Arms) which priced a backpack and MCK for $300.
View Quote
How do you like it vs the Gen 2?

I got impulsive and ordered the MCK from Rainier because Im horrible at waiting
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Are the CAA lights worth getting to save the limited rail space, or am I better off just putting my Tlr-1 on it?
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are the CAA lights worth getting to save the limited rail space, or am I better off just putting my Tlr-1 on it?
View Quote
I like the light, plenty bright and easy to use, and frees up the rail for a Laser...

Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the CAA light on mine.  Operating the switch takes a little getting used to, but not horrible.  I wanted to keep my Roni slim and light so the CAA light helps keep it that way.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I like the light, plenty bright and easy to use, and frees up the rail for a Laser...

https://i.imgur.com/j5eeoH9.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/O87JZSP.jpg?1
View Quote
Is that the Magpul magwell on there?
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Is that the Magpul magwell on there?
View Quote

Yes it is..
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 10:50:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes it is..
View Quote
How do you like it? Looking at ordering one to go with my incoming MCK
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 11:33:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How do you like it vs the Gen 2?

I got impulsive and ordered the MCK from Rainier because Im horrible at waiting
View Quote
My Gen 4 hasn’t come in yet.

I love the Gen 2 but I have modified it for Suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 12:02:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How do you like it? Looking at ordering one to go with my incoming MCK
View Quote
works well...I like it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 11:50:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

How many shots before it starts to fail?

The Glock is lubricated?

Absolutely.  Is the bolt handle secure?

Is the gun firing without the CAA Gear Micro Roni Stabilizer ?

The only time I had issues was with a G23 using 40 S&W ammunition.

No issues with a Glock 19 or Glock 23 with a 9 mm Conversion on my part.

I have ordered an MCK.  There were issues with the Communist PayPal payment option.  F-ing bastards.
View Quote
Took her out today.

When I got the 17 originally,  I changed out the RSA.  Seemed really strong.  Put the one it came with back in and really lubed it thoroughly.  Almost immediately it felt better just racking it by hand.

Shot it with 6 different magazines. Even a suspect 17 round LEO/GOV ban magazine worked.

Zero failures with Federal Brass. Slide locked back when empty.

Feeling better about it now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Took her out today.

When I got the 17 originally,  I changed out the RSA.  Seemed really strong.  Put the one it came with back in and really lubed it thoroughly.  Almost immediately it felt better just racking it by hand.

Shot it with 6 different magazines. Even a suspect 17 round LEO/GOV ban magazine worked.

Zero failures with Federal Brass. Slide locked back when empty.

Feeling better about it now.
View Quote
What is a RSA?
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What is a RSA?
View Quote
Recoil spring assembly.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#21]
What does everyone use to transport their Micro Roni? I've got a hard case, but I've been looking for a dual use backpack.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What does everyone use to transport their Micro Roni? I've got a hard case, but I've been looking for a dual use backpack.
View Quote
I’m going to be carrying mine in a Hazard 4 Patrol bag I use for work
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:15:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Cheapo Midway USA bag on got on sale.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:24:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I ordered an MCK CAA Gear Micro Roni Stabilizer  with a backpack.  I’ll let you know how it works out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Just saw this on FB....

https://www.facebook.com/1108386839270600/posts/1904586539650622/
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#26]
What is the laser setup you have and did you have issues zeroing it? I bought an MCK and tried with a Truglo Micro I had laying around (to keep it slim as well), but there's not enough adjustment to get it to work.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
What is the laser setup you have on your Micro Roni, and did you have issues zeroing it? I bought an MCK and tried with a Truglo Micro I had laying around, with the same idea of keeping it as slim as possible so I can still use the CAA Flashlight, but there's not enough adjustment to the Windage/Elevation to get it to zero. Don't know if it has to do with the picatinny rails being so distant to the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Laser max
Had it on a rifle.
Had plenty of adjustment
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Laser max
Had it on a rifle.
Had plenty of adjustment
View Quote
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

I love it!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Very nice, but those sights..
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Very nice, but those sights..
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#33]
I didn't even notice I put the front sight on backwards.

I am low-speed, high-drag though!!!!

(FWIW, I would have figured it out eventually.  Maybe)
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bra, I was just bust’n ur balls. Congrats on the Roni and Welcome to the sickness!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Rear sight is on backwards too

Love the FDE. I just got my MCK last night, but I got the black one because I couldnt find the FDE or OD anywhere in stock and I dont have the most patience, so black it was
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Just got this thing in. Stuck a mildly worked over factory gray gen4 19 in it, lipseys exclusive with the cerakoted slide.
Wish it folded left so I could fire it folded. Also it’s a tad weird as I can’t reach mag release or slide catch with right hand. I’ll be ordering the light for it, may just buy a dedicated gun for it maybe 23.
For fun
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone get the new g4 stab with interchangeable afg/mag holder from yrs inc?
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Anyone get the new g4 stab with interchangeable afg/mag holder from yrs inc?
View Quote
I ordered mine weeks ago direct from CAA GEAR (Command Arms) but there’s a backlog of the backpack which is holding up my order.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:28:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I ordered mine from YRS a couple days ago after I confirmed that angled grip/mag holder did not make the platform AOW (great thread everyone).  Just wondering, does anyone know if that wep light holder underneath the barrel shroud will fit other flashlights?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I ordered mine from YRS a couple days ago after I confirmed that angled grip/mag holder did not make the platform AOW (great thread everyone).  Just wondering, does anyone know if that wep light holder underneath the barrel shroud will fit other flashlights?
View Quote
Here's a link to a upgraded 900 lumen light: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/04/23/caa-micro-roni-olight-flashlight-upgrade/
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#41]
I finally got my MCK.

So my questions are these.

With Suppressor height sights, my Glock is not clicking into place.  I think it’s not compatible.

With my Glock 19X everything fits (Glock rail into handle, and rails click into place), but it has a lot of resistance with pulling back  the bolt handle.

What is going wrong here?
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#42]
I realized that my Suppressor sights won’t work.

Since I have 4 Glock 19 and 1 17 Glock pistols, I put one in a CAA Gear Micro Roni Stabilizer and one in a IMI Kidon Pistol Conversion,and used a Glock 19 for my MCK CAA Gear Micro Roni Stabilizer.

The Glock 19X fit but the slide wouldn’t work. So I took a Gen 4 Glock 19 and removed the sights.

Now the bolt cycles perfectly. I don’t know why it doesn’t cycle with sights on the slide.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Here's a link to a upgraded 900 lumen light: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/04/23/caa-micro-roni-olight-flashlight-upgrade/
View Quote
hsig thank you, that was helpful - those olights aren't much cheaper on Amazon so I may as well just order from YRS or CAA.  Mine just shipped from Tel Aviv so  it looks like maybe another 2-weeks or so before I get mine!
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Still awesome

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#45]
I just bought the new gen 4 stab from yrsinc recently for my gen 5 glock 17 and am waiting for it to arrive. Now I'm kind of nervous that my Trijicon HD night sights (GL101O) may not work with the micro roni since it is a bit larger and moves more towards the rear than the factory glock sights and may not fit in the charging handle. I know suppressor sights don't work but does anyone have any issues with these or any other night sights?
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 10:28:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Just got my gen 4 Micro Roni yesterday (a little over a week ship-time), and it fits perfectly around my Glock 19.4 FS pistola.  My post count isn't up so I can't post pics of my new toy.  This is the link to the one I just got.  YRS Micro Roni Gen4

Ergos are great, can't wait to get it out to the range.  I decided to use my cheapo pistol light instead of that Roni light.  Man, from the ready to presentation, this gets me on target so quickly and effortlessly.  Makes my Zenith Z5RS SBR feel unwieldy.  If you guys have questions about this unit let me know and I'll contribute...
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just got my gen 4 Micro Roni yesterday (a little over a week ship-time), and it fits perfectly around my Glock 19.4 FS pistola.  My post count isn't up so I can't post pics of my new toy.  This is the link to the one I just got.  YRS Micro Roni Gen4

Ergos are great, can't wait to get it out to the range.  I decided to use my cheapo pistol light instead of that Roni light.  Man, from the ready to presentation, this gets me on target so quickly and effortlessly.  Makes my Zenith Z5RS SBR feel unwieldy.  If you guys have questions about this unit let me know and I'll contribute...
View Quote
Are you using any aftermarket night sights on your glock?
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#48]
gopeder111,

I'm using the stock polymer sights on my G19.4 FS.  Here's what I observe though wrt vertical clearance - your rear sights should be fine, there seems to be alot of clearance between the top of my stock sight and the ceiling of the enclosure.  The front sight however is different, the front of the slide fits into a slot with a cutout for the sight.  There is maybe about 2-3 millimeters of clearance, as I eyeball the gap.  How much taller is your Triji front sight than the stock one?
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 7:17:06 PM EDT
[#49]
I believe the stock sights are 0.185 in tall on the gen 5's and the trijicon HD's are 0.215 in tall.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#50]

Final configuration

CAA Gear Micro Roni Stabilizer MCK with Glock 19 Gen 4
50 round drum magazine
Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot
Flip up sights
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top