BCM
User Panel

Page / 26
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
NETD numbers seem to be the big buzz word for thermals this year

at the price point of the sig clip on it just doesn't seem possible that it has a prism but who knows until they start getting them out into the world

i'm hoping for a 50mm lens V2

View Quote

Yeah, I didn't cancel my RH25 order, or anything.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 4:37:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By javemtr:

We're still finalizing some details, but I think I'll be able to let you know really soon.
Yes, they will run a pre-order through their website, but that won't go live until I have received the finished parts back from anodizing, inspected them and decided how many of the first batch I can send to the US. The success of the pre-order will give me an idea how I have to scale production in order to meet demand.
I will update people through email/Instagram/... ahead of time, so you won't miss anything.
View Quote

Really hope there's more than enough to go around. I've been waiting a long while for this.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
Really hope there's more than enough to go around. I've been waiting a long while for this.
View Quote

I wish I could tell everybody they are for sure getting one this first time, but the first batch is just a test balloon to see what demand really is.

Just some of the uncertainties of this project:
- what is the true demand? How many of the people signed up for the email updates or commenting on social media will actually buy one? Once we have a better feel for that, we know how to size regular restocks.
- I'm doing this as a side gig in my free time, so I needed to keep the financial risks manageable in the beginning.
- trying out the whole shipping/costums clearance/tariffs issues into the US for the first time.

These will be a regular item, so don't worry too much.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
What’s the USD price going to be?
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By hydrostatic_cling:
What’s the USD price going to be?
View Quote

$129
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]

$129
View Quote

Do you already have a stateside distributor in mind?
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:
Do you already have a stateside distributor in mind?
View Quote

Yes, it will be Strictly Offensive Kit.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Yes, it will be Strictly Offensive Kit.
View Quote

Appreciate it! I don't know that I will even be helmet mounting mine, so don't nobody worry about me hogging a spot on the list

I just like to know where to look down the road.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 9:00:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Appreciate it! I don't know that I will even be helmet mounting mine, so don't nobody worry about me hogging a spot on the list

View Quote

I plan to use it with a Wilcox FTS on one carbine and be able to use with the ADM mount on another.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#10]

I plan to use it with a Wilcox FTS on one carbine and be able to use with the ADM mount on another.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I just got my NVB-58 setup so I don't foresee doing anything head mounted for a bit - it'll all be clip on and hand scanning for the time being.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 6:08:14 AM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Been waiting a bit for the SBR to be released and have forgotten the mounting options it should mate up with.

What optics will you be putting it in front of via the Wilcox and ADM mounts?

Link Posted: 7/10/2024 3:06:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#12]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

Been waiting a bit for the SBR to be released and have forgotten the mounting options it should mate up with.

What optics will you be putting it in front of via the Wilcox and ADM mounts?

View Quote

Different applications. Wilcox FTS with RH25 will be on my go-to night fighting gun. I plan to use in front of Sig Romeo 8T and EOTech G43. Posted here when I could upload pics: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Iray-RH25-Thermal-Monocular-Thread/68-535792/?page=20#i6061127

I plan to use the ADM MQD on hunting rifles. Unsure which gun I plan on using for the next hunt, but some type of variable powered magnified scope.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I gave in and bought one. Anyone know if there are any black wraps in stock anywhere? I don't really run any stuff in tan or FDE.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By erwos:
I gave in and bought one. Anyone know if there are any black wraps in stock anywhere? I don't really run any stuff in tan or FDE.
View Quote

Rattlecan.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 4:21:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#16]
Rattlecan.
View Quote

Why anyone would paint any NV or Thermal device is beyond my grasp.  I would never even paint a firearm - EVER.
To each their own though.......
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:

Why anyone would paint any NV or Thermal device is beyond my grasp.  I would never even paint a firearm - EVER.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:
Rattlecan.

I agree on the expensive NV/thermal gear (that .gov isn’t paying for), but gats…why not?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I guess I’m okay with painting some NV stuff, like the PEQ-3 on the Mod 0
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 10:45:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#18]
Gunny, I love ya man, but I coat EVERYTHING.  I don't care what it is/what it cost, it gets coated.  

But I get it; some folks ain't into that.  

So lemme see if I got this right.  

For HMT.  If I get the RH25, and the "SBR" from the J-man, this will work with a SOTAC RQE, with a -14 right eye, on a SOTAC Obverse Shoe Mount?  Or does the "PDA" replace it?

For Clip-On.  I can use the SOTAC Wilcox style Left-Hand flip mount, which when reversed for clip on use, will flip to the right?  

These SOTAC models have actually worked quite well for me.  I guess I can say that here, without getting smoked.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 12:07:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: javemtr] [#19]
Ok, let's see if I manage to address everything.

If you want to combine an RH25 and PVS-14 on a dovetail bridge like the KVC/RQE (fake or not), you will need:
- the bridge (duh)
- a dovetail adapter for the RH25 (the "SBR" will work for that, I use a fake RQE bridge as well)
- the Obverse Shoe Set (OSS) for the PVS-14 because of the dovetails and also because of the ability to adjust the distance of the PVS-14 ocular to that of the RH25

More details:
- The part I call "PDA" will be a OSS type device with more adjustability. It will allow you to mount a PVS-14 in front of left or right eye and adjust the fore/aft position in both positions. As described above, this is helpful in order to even out ocular distances when using a PVS-14 with a different device in front of the other eye. So yes, it would be a replacement for the OSS. I have a better prototype of the "PDA", I should do a video on it.
- RH25 in front of the right eye is the easy case because the large battery compartment sticks out the right side. RH25 in front of your left eye might cause problems depending on how close your eyes are together. If you have an especially narrow face, the battery compartment of the RH25 might hit your PVS-14 before you can align both devices in front of your eyes.

For clip-on use:
just as you wrote, it is my understanding that what SOTAC calls the 'left hand' flip mount is the thermal device version (what Wilcox calls their SkeetIR mount) that flips to the right side when mounted in front of your day optic (and also has that additional latch that locks it into the down position).

Originally Posted By Diz:
For HMT.  If I get the RH25, and the "SBR" from the J-man, this will work with a SOTAC RQE, with a -14 right eye, on a SOTAC Obverse Shoe Mount?  Or does the "PDA" replace it?
For Clip-On.  I can use the SOTAC Wilcox style Left-Hand flip mount, which when reversed for clip on use, will flip to the right?  
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2024 1:40:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#20]
Hey thanks man, yeah that just about covers it.  Put me down for one SBR and one PDA.  I will get on the list with SOK on the SBR now, and on the PDA when it's ready.  

Well you know, we sometimes get hammered for discussing things like this, but I suppose that's why we're in the Chinese NV products forum now.  So I'm just gonna say it.  The SOTAC products have been really good.  They have also been steadily improving.  I run their G-24 and G-69 mounts, their Willy 5/8" risers and flip mounts, their RQE bridge, their Obverse shoe, and Dovetail shoe sets, their 300 and 600 series Pro lights, their Max style helmet light, and Helstar strobe.  Some say why would you trust your expensive NV kit to airsoft junk?  Well I don't know either; this is not airsoft junk.  Although some are loathe to admit it, there are tiers to this stuff, much like many other things.  SOTAC is high-end Mil-Sim.  And for most of us, that's exactly what we're doing.  

With a SBR and PDA, the SOTAC RQE gives you a fantastic dual-spectrum helmet mount.

With a SOTAC Left-Hand Flip mount, you have a perfect flip mount for a clip on.  

Both using the SBR dovetail.

So for sure, the devil is in the details, or in this case, the mounts and adapters!

Oh, and I am not so concerned about merging the images here.  I will probably just flip one down, or the other.  Running NV while moving, and scanning ahead with thermal on security halts.  So not worried about batt compartments and so forth.  Will probably run an external batt if I can find a decent 90 deg connector.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:14:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#21]
Hey thanks man, yeah that just about covers it.  Put me down for one SBR and one PDA.  I will get on the list with SOK on the SBR now, and on the PDA when it's ready.  

Well you know, we sometimes get hammered for discussing things like this, but I suppose that's why we're in the Chinese NV products forum now.  So I'm just gonna say it.  The SOTAC products have been really good.  They have also been steadily improving.  I run their G-24 and G-69 mounts, their Willy 5/8" risers and flip mounts, their RQE bridge, their Obverse shoe, and Dovetail shoe sets, their 300 and 600 series Pro lights, their Max style helmet light, and Helstar strobe.  Some say why would you trust your expensive NV kit to airsoft junk?  Well I don't know either; this is not airsoft junk.  Although some are loathe to admit it, there are tiers to this stuff, much like many other things.  SOTAC is high-end Mil-Sim.  And for most of us, that's exactly what we're doing.  

With a SBR and PDA, the SOTAC RQE gives you a fantastic dual-spectrum helmet mount.

With a SOTAC Left-Hand Flip mount, you have a perfect flip mount for a clip on.  

Both using the SBR dovetail.

So for sure, the devil is in the details, or in this case, the mounts and adapters!

Oh, and I am not so concerned about merging the images here.  I will probably just flip one down, or the other.  Running NV while moving, and scanning ahead with thermal on security halts.  So not worried about batt compartments and so forth.  Will probably run an external batt if I can find a decent 90 deg connector.
View Quote

MY MAN! As usual your expertise and contribution to this thread and topic is invaluable brother! Both you and "Javemtr" (sp) have shared some phenomenal posts on the use of this device buddy! As an owner since day one I've primarily used the RH25 as a handheld scanner despite the fact I have all of those accessories mentioned in "Jabemtr's" post. That dude knows his shit too!

To this day I've yet to send everything I own out to Frenchie who vowed to put everything together in a manageable way. I seriously cannot get perfect eye relief and alignment to make either of these devices work together.  Call me a rock but I honestly can't configure the bridge, OSS, RH, PVS14 and all other items. WTF OVER?

Maybe I should just sell everything?
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Of possible interest.

Dirty Civilian review
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 5:44:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#23]
OK sports fans, I just ordered a RH25, along with a high performance -14, to give me a significant dual spectrum upgrade.  I am currently running a 17-year old NEPVS-14-17, with a 5-year old Breach.  So yeah, this is a significant upgrade for me.  

Props to Robert @JRH who hooked me up with a smoking deal.  I was looking for the best performance I could get, along with the best value; I think this combo nailed it.

As to the Chinese NV products.  You can say what you want.  But.  The RH25 represents the best value out there right now for thermal performance.   Hands down.  You can throw in all that other shit if you want.  But try to find something else like this for under 4 K.  And I think right now is the time to buy it.  Not only for price but also for availability.

OK, J-man: get those products out man!  I need a SBR and a PDA for this thing.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#24]
OK sports fans, I just ordered a RH25, along with a high performance -14, to give me a significant dual spectrum upgrade.  I am currently running a 17-year old NEPVS-14-17, with a 5-year old Breach.  So yeah, this is a significant upgrade for me.  

Props to Robert @JRH who hooked me up with a smoking deal.  I was looking for the best performance I could get, along with the best value; I think this combo nailed it.

As to the Chinese NV products.  You can say what you want.  But.  The RH25 represents the best value out there right now for thermal performance.   Hands down.  You can throw in all that other shit if you want.  But try to find something else like this for under 4 K.  And I think right now is the time to buy it.  Not only for price but also for availability.

OK, J-man: get those products out man!  I need a SBR and a PDA for this thing.  
View Quote

Have to read this four more times...
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 5:51:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#25]
Well, shit, guess ARF doesn’t like EBAY links.

Was going to say the thermal world is very different compared to everyone using one or two interfaces for NV.

My plan is to run the 25 over my left eye and a -14 over the right with

Lightweight KVC Bridge Night-vision Goggle stent NVG Mount G24 for PVS14 MUM DVO

And

SOTAC Hunting PVS-14 Helmet Mount Adapter for REQ Universal Bridge Mounting Base
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 5:51:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#26]
Double tap
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:44:17 AM EDT
[#27]
I had to read that a couple of times to get the joke.  Yeah the Chinese must listen to Kamala to learn their English word salads.  

Yes, it's true; I am putting over 8K worth of NV and thermal on a SOTAC RQE, OSS, and K-clip (until JV comes out with their kit).

It's easy to say that's nuts, but, their stuff has actually held up well.  

So yeah, you can stick us in the Chinese NV forum but you can't hide the truth.  Some of their stuff is junk, some is functional, and some is actually pretty good.  

If I'm not active duty or LE, I'm using whatever makes the most sense, for me, and my situation.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#28]
I had to read that a couple of times to get the joke.  Yeah the Chinese must listen to Kamala to learn their English word salads.  

Yes, it's true; I am putting over 8K worth of NV and thermal on a SOTAC RQE, OSS, and K-clip (until JV comes out with their kit).

It's easy to say that's nuts, but, their stuff has actually held up well.  

So yeah, you can stick us in the Chinese NV forum but you can't hide the truth.  Some of their stuff is junk, some is functional, and some is actually pretty good.  

If I'm not active duty or LE, I'm using whatever makes the most sense, for me, and my situation.  
View Quote

Would I love a Wilson mount over an Argus one? Absolutely. Is $400 kind-of a drop in the bucket compared to what I am mounting to them? Yes, I suppose. But when you scrape together those funds to make it all possible, sometimes that 'extra' $250 is difficult to justify when a $150 knock-off does the same job for my use level. Just the reality and the way it is.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#29]
My RH25 came. 0117 FPGA! No laser.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Guys, my dovetail adapters for the RH25 will be available stateside in the next few weeks at Strictly Offensive Kit: https://strictlyoffensivekit.com/products/sbr-dovetail-adapter
I realize this vendor is not a site supporter and I don't want to get in trouble advertising here. So if this post is in violation of the guidelines, please let me know and I will remove it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Guys, my dovetail adapters for the RH25 will be available stateside in the next few weeks at Strictly Offensive Kit: https://strictlyoffensivekit.com/products/sbr-dovetail-adapter
I realize this vendor is not a site supporter and I don't want to get in trouble advertising here. So if this post is in violation of the guidelines, please let me know and I will remove it.
View Quote

Sweet! Just got my notification set up for the drop.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Sweet! Just got my notification set up for the drop.
View Quote

I'm also set up. Trying to hold out and not buy the pictail in the meantime.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

PFalcon 640 has the laser.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Really? How do you make it turn on, haha?

I see what looks like a lens, but there’s nothing in the manual that came with it or online.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 2:43:37 AM EDT
[#36]

I see what looks like a lens, but there’s nothing in the manual that came with it or online.
View Quote

No idea. I have the Rico RH25.

That's what other people mentioned and it's stated on the website: https://www.infiray.com/products/pfalcon-640-affordable-thermal-monocular.html
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:
Per an email with InfiRay USA just now, they are about to end the sale price on the RH25.   Just a heads up.
View Quote

You are a gentleman and a scholar.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

The green laser in mine turns on when I long-press the forward and back buttons simultaneously while in clipon mode. A reticle also appears in the center when activated. Same to turn off. It doesn’t seem to work in other viewing modes, mine has to be in clipon.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By jwramp:

The green laser in mine turns on when I long-press the forward and back buttons simultaneously while in clipon mode. A reticle also appears in the center when activated. Same to turn off. It doesn’t seem to work in other viewing modes, mine has to be in clipon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jwramp:

Thanks. I’ll try it sometime this weekend
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:
Per an email with InfiRay USA just now, they are about to end the sale price on the RH25.   Just a heads up.
View Quote

I ordered mine last night, thanks for the heads up and great deal!
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah man, I should get the RH25 tomorrow with any luck.  Then after a month of home study, might be able to figure out how to use it.  I think I need to hire JWRamp to set this thing up.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah man, I should get the RH25 tomorrow with any luck.  Then after a month of home study, might be able to figure out how to use it.  I think I need to hire JWRamp to set this thing up.
View Quote

@Diz

Looking forward to your opinion on how the rh25 meshes up with the SOTAC bridge and shoes.

Please post up some pics once you get everything and get it sorted out, I've got the same setup on the way and am excited to see how/if it's all gonna work together.

And welcome to SD too
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By MtnRoamer:

@Diz

Looking forward to your opinion on how the rh25 meshes up with the SOTAC bridge and shoes.

Please post up some pics once you get everything and get it sorted out, I've got the same setup on the way and am excited to see how/if it's all gonna work together.

And welcome to SD too
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MtnRoamer:

@Diz

And welcome to SD too

What he said. If you can give some feedback on the SOTAC kit with pics and/or links to ensure we know which exact parts you’re using that would be great.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:26:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mickdonaldson] [#48]
Originally Posted By chosos:
I can provide some feedback on the Sotac KVC bridge. It is pretty nice at first, but if you use it a lot, it starts to wear. It is solid and tight when it is new, so I would give differing feedback on a new vs used unit. The one I had ran a PVS-14 and a SkeetIR, but when it broke in, it started to get sloppy/wobble. I even took it all apart trying to figure out what to tighten and adjust, but there wasn't really anything to tighten "fix" that I saw. That said, an elastic retention cord will take up all of the play/wobble.

The nice thing about it is that it has a lot of range of adjustment - I really liked that about it. I'll be be curious as to Diz's feedback on it.
View Quote

I seem to recall the Pew Science guy posting about his, and there are some tiny tension screws inside each "pod" under the lever *I think* - I wish I saved the link. I have one, but it hasn't been used a lot.

Edit: Found it, but it may not be the wobble you're talking about - SH SOTAC Thread
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:53:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Mine hasn't had as much wobble.  But I loctite'd all the hardware.  I think this is an issue with their QC being all over the place, the luck of the draw, etc.  What I have started doing is ordering metric hardware, of known quality, to replace all the little screws on not only the RQE, but all the Chinese stuff I've bought.  This has been their Achillies heal.  Yes it's a PITA to have to do this, but may be worth it.    

I am going to order another RQE to rig the RH25 and -14 together, and will see how that works, as compared to the one I already have with the Breach and -14.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By chosos:
I can provide some feedback on the Sotac KVC bridge. It is pretty nice at first, but if you use it a lot, it starts to wear. It is solid and tight when it is new, so I would give differing feedback on a new vs used unit. The one I had ran a PVS-14 and a SkeetIR, but when it broke in, it started to get sloppy/wobble. I even took it all apart trying to figure out what to tighten and adjust, but there wasn't really anything to tighten "fix" that I saw. That said, an elastic retention cord will take up all of the play/wobble.

The nice thing about it is that it has a lot of range of adjustment - I really liked that about it. I'll be be curious as to Diz's feedback on it.
View Quote

Where in the unit did the wobble show up after use? The mount interfacing with the shroud, the individual mounts holding the -14/thermal, or somewhere else?
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top