Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tommybuilt T7, MP7 clones. (Page 10 of 12)
Page / 12
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The Ral8k sbr I ordered just got shipped out today from the first batch. FYI for anyone that's anticipating theirs.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 6:24:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#2]
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Black T7 shipping label complete and the stock I ordered shipping label created so good progress! Hopefully they track tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
That is the serial based on the pic Tommy posted a few weeks ago. Should be 14-000000X
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 9:03:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#7]
@Norinco982lover

delivery scheduled for Monday, so that is a win.

14-000246

As a reminder, here are your order details:

[Order #3148] (May 24, 2024)
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I got one of the first ten. Nice.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#10]
The Elusive MP7: First look at the Tommy Built T7
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 12:30:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AggiePhil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFa330igEqI
View Quote

That back plate hammer follow issue is concerning.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 7:08:20 AM EDT
[#12]
There are some bad experience over on the thread at HKPro.

Really hope these get worked out and improvements are made in future batches, and that Tommy doesn't completely dump the project.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 7:44:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Plumber576:
There are some bad experience over on the thread at HKPro.

Really hope these get worked out and improvements are made in future batches, and that Tommy doesn't completely dump the project.
View Quote

“If you complain about issues, you will be banned”

Link Posted: 6/29/2024 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#14]
I won’t bitch if Tommybuilt keeps my-not-yet shipped black T7 a bit longer while they work through initial complaints and check all their guns out.

And this is a reverse engineered gun with a brand new fire control mechanism so bugs are part of the deal. TB is a reputable company and our credit cards have purchase protection. No big deal yet.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By fike:

View Quote

Yeah that comment by the mod was eye opening, although that forum has always been an echo chamber.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Dragon82:

Yeah that comment by the mod was eye opening, although that forum has always been an echo chamber.
View Quote

I’ve got a bunch of HK stuff plus -$6k into the T7 and accessories and I still can’t bring myself to join that stupid website.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Dragon82:

View Quote

Got banned on there the other day for “sandbagging”. No idea what they mean by that. Go by the same username and literally only had an intro post and commented in the T7 thread. Seems a little silly but oh well.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

That’s not what he said.

They want no personal attacks on TB. Discussion of problems or technical issues is welcome, but some people, most of whom do not have one of the guns, are going after him personally. That’s not cool, because TB has always stood by his product even if he can’t fix the issues.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

That's not what he said.

They want no personal attacks on TB. Discussion of problems or technical issues is welcome, but some people, most of whom do not have one of the guns, are going after him personally. That's not cool, because TB has always stood by his product even if he can't fix the issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

"If you complain about issues, you will be banned"

That's not what he said.

They want no personal attacks on TB. Discussion of problems or technical issues is welcome, but some people, most of whom do not have one of the guns, are going after him personally. That's not cool, because TB has always stood by his product even if he can't fix the issues.

Tom is definitely a good dude - easily one of the nicest dudes in the industry and anytime I've spoken with him via email he has been beyond pleasant to deal with. Dude responded to my emails within a minute of sending and he was happy to answer literally any questions I had.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AggiePhil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFa330igEqI
View Quote

So, instead of contacting Tom to sort their issues they made a YouTube video to grab google ad dollars. Cute.

They’re sensationalizing that manipulating the tray will release the hammer. It absolutely will release the hammer and it would do the same on an actual MP7. Wednesday Addams doesn’t understand the trigger bar is connected to the sear. In normal operation, the trigger pulls the trigger bar forward which in turn pulls the sear forward thereby releasing the hammer. Pulling the tray backwards has the exact same effect. In that instance the trigger bar is stationary but hooked to the sear. Pulling the tray reward moves everything to the rear except the sear which is held by the trigger bar. The hammer then releases because the sear stayed with the trigger bar and the hammer moved away from it.  

I’m bewildered by the pins being that loose. The recoil rod presses against the backplate and is under tension. Any slack between the holes would be taken up by the backplate being pushed away from the receiver. If they had the recoil rod in it, then either the backplate is too snug in the receiver walls to move, or there is no tension on the recoil rod at rest.

In any event, contacting Tom would have sorted the problem but evidently there is more money to be had dressing up, wearing masks, and talking about crap they have no knowledge about.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 2:10:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BBOHACH] [#21]
Originally Posted By Nzfly:

So, instead of contacting Tom to sort their issues they made a YouTube video to grab google ad dollars. Cute.

They’re sensationalizing that manipulating the tray will release the hammer. It absolutely will release the hammer and it would do the same on an actual MP7. Wednesday Addams doesn’t understand the trigger bar is connected to the sear. In normal operation, the trigger pulls the trigger bar forward which in turn pulls the sear forward thereby releasing the hammer. Pulling the tray backwards has the exact same effect. In that instance the trigger bar is stationary but hooked to the sear. Pulling the tray reward moves everything to the rear except the sear which is held by the trigger bar. The hammer then releases because the sear stayed with the trigger bar and the hammer moved away from it.  

I’m bewildered by the pins being that loose. The recoil rod presses against the backplate and is under tension. Any slack between the holes would be taken up by the backplate being pushed away from the receiver. If they had the recoil rod in it, then either the backplate is too snug in the receiver walls to move, or there is no tension on the recoil rod at rest.

In any event, contacting Tom would have sorted the problem but evidently there is more money to be had dressing up, wearing masks, and talking about crap they have no knowledge about.
View Quote

That video is an incredibly cringey response to the T7 no matter how knowledgeable or ill informed that person is.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Evintos:

That back plate hammer follow issue is concerning.
View Quote

Color me skeptical about the hammer follow given their video content.

There is a trigger bar spring, sear spring, firing pin spring, and firing pin safety all working against that happening. For a round to be in the chamber, the hammer must be restrained by the sear or else the carrier cannot cycle. For the hammer to be restrained, the sear must be engaged. If the sear is engaged then the trigger bar spring is at rest and not compressed forward because it would be pulling on the sear. If it was pulling on the sear then the hammer was not engaged by the sear. But you know what, the trigger bar is connected to the trigger so if the trigger bar was manipulated forward the trigger would move through its normal arc.

If you’re not too bright and you think fiddling with the tray through the pin hole is a good idea, then sure it will fire without moving the trigger. But, every other instance strongly suggests the trigger was pulled. A dead trigger from hammer follow isn’t going to overcome the firing pin safety or the firing pin spring.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:11:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hecklerjones] [#23]
One guy posted that he had all three backplates. The pistol, sbr and German. The German had hole size of .237 and the other two were reamed to .238 - .250 with very loose pins. The German was tight like it should be. IIRC the pistol backplate on his was the closer of the two.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 10:10:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#24]
mine is in and I am whelmed. Not over or under. It is cool, looks pretty baller, but I am just eh with it. I may shoot it may not, might be catch and release, added up with all the anccessories, mags, and zpoint/rsa it is about 1/2 way to another machinegun.
Amazing to actually hold something unobtanium though, dopamine hit is real.

Initial Observations so far having not put a round through it:
mags do not drop free in mine, not sure if that is a thing in the real deal could probably sandpaper that out or maybe it wears in.
Trigger is good no complaints there, firm and crisp, heavy enough to feel safe but fairly light. Safety is easy to actuate and ergonomic for an HK.
Tommy built stock and backplate is about as wobbly as my Lage m11/9 stock, more wobbly than my honey badger stock.
Really like the carrying case it came in, that's a plus.
takedown pins on mine are good to go, needs some persuasion in and out on the sbr backplate, a little tighter than looser if you know what I mean.
texture and plastic is good, feels like quality.
Zpoint/RSA sight clips on firmly like it should, so no issues there, XPS 3-0 is a no go same as others reported, larue aimpoint qd fit right on. I'd just use a Unity riser anyway if using an XPS 3 whatever qd one.

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 4:42:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By jt526:
mine is in and I am whelmed. Not over or under. It is cool, looks pretty baller, but I am just eh with it. I may shoot it may not, might be catch and release, added up with all the anccessories, mags, and zpoint/rsa it is about 1/2 way to another machinegun.

mags do not drop free in mine, not sure if that is a thing in the real deal could probably sandpaper that out or maybe it wears in.
Trigger is good no complaints there, firm and crisp, heavy enough to feel safe but fairly light. Safety is easy to actuate and ergonomic for an HK.
Tommy built stock and backplate is about as wobbly as my Lage m11/9 stock, more wobbly than my honey badger stock.
takedown pins on mine are good to go, needs some persuasion in and out on the sbr backplate, a little tighter than looser if you know what I mean.
Zpoint/RSA sight clips on firmly like it should, so no issues there, XPS 3-0 is a no go same as others reported, larue aimpoint qd fit right on. I'd just use a Unity riser anyway if using an XPS 3 whatever qd one.

View Quote

Well if you decide you don't need it, I would be more than happy to take it off your hands for what you paid lol. I've been watching everyday for the second drop after I got snubbed by the web page not loading.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 5:37:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By jt526:

View Quote

On an unrelated note...
Do you happen to own a camera?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By RamaSita:

On an unrelated note...
View Quote
Ahem - I may need to make a few "adjustments" to how it sits right now. One sec.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Well mine has been hostage with USPS apparently since the 23rd so that’s cool. Looks like it may finally be delivered tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:07:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#29]
Originally Posted By RamaSita:

On an unrelated note...
View Quote
Here you go with some comparisons:

airsoft (honestly good enough) mp7 sights
Zeiss Zpoint
Rovy whatever laser to try out, but have the CQBL+Vampire as well.

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:37:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KCGewehr] [#30]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:
Well mine has been hostage with USPS apparently since the 23rd so that’s cool. Looks like it may finally be delivered tomorrow.
View Quote

I'm in the same boat. Shipped last Friday and supposed to be delivered yesterday. Last update says it's still in Florida. Same thing with my grip and stock. USPS is terrible. Trying to get range time on Independence Day!
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 3:06:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: norshon3] [#31]
re: Infamous Video....

That video was so creepy and cringeworthy....the whole
 homosexual goth thing is just weird AF.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I hope your guys Mp7’s work.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#33]
anyone still in need of a magazine?
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By saltydecimator:
anyone still in need of a magazine?
View Quote

Got a link to one?
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 7:47:46 AM EDT
[#35]
The T7 group admins are touchy people.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Slimjim:

Got a link to one?
View Quote

@slimjim i have a 30rder, new i think.  dunno where wrapper is.... if ya pm me i can send pic?
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#37]
I cannot currently recommend the T7, if they function like my friends T7 Didnt. As well as actions by their FB page on banning anyone with QC issues.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#38]
I tried mine out today and had no failures over several boxes and multiple ammo types
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#39]
I tried mine out today and had no failures over several boxes and multiple ammo types
View Quote

Black, or RAL, Suppressed, or not?
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#40]
black, unsuppressed
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:32:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BRSONE] [#41]
Looks like MP7 40rd mags in stock , Ordered 3 .
https://hkpartspro.com/hk-mp7a1-46mm-40rd-magazine
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By BRSONE:
Looks like MP7 40rd mags in stock , Ordered 3 .
https://hkpartspro.com/hk-mp7a1-46mm-40rd-magazine
View Quote

Thanks, finally got a 40 rounder.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#43]

They’re still in stock. Is the mag shortage over?

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By mustangduckk:

They’re still in stock. Is the mag shortage over?

View Quote

There’s no shortage, just speculators buying them without even owning a gun. The price Blue ridge set is high enough to deter some of that while not being overly unreasonable to the shooters.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#45]

That’s not what he said.

They want no personal attacks on TB. Discussion of problems or technical issues is welcome, but some people, most of whom do not have one of the guns, are going after him personally. That’s not cool, because TB has always stood by his product even if he can’t fix the issues.
View Quote

Lol, no its not, hence my ban from
The group.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#46]

There’s no shortage, just speculators buying them without even owning a gun. The price Blue ridge set is high enough to deter some of that while not being overly unreasonable to the shooters.
View Quote

To be fair, a lot of us still don't have a gun, but are eagerly awaiting future drops. Also, while I am a sucker for HK pricing, it hurts knowing that Midwest Gunworks had 40 rounders in stock yesterday for ~$16 cheaper than Blueridge.

Gotta pay to play I suppose.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#47]
At Midwest they sold out in seconds. I think people are using site page change detectors, maybe for their own uses of the mags? But it’s suspicious.

I suspect the only reason I got my T7 was there was so much of that bullshit pinging Tom’s site that it crashed for a while and I got one when things cleared up.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By MikeMilligan:
At Midwest they sold out in seconds. I think people are using site page change detectors, maybe for their own uses of the mags? But it’s suspicious.

I suspect the only reason I got my T7 was there was so much of that bullshit pinging Tom’s site that it crashed for a while and I got one when things cleared up.
View Quote

It's possible people are trying to quick-flip the mags, but it's hard to say without knowing how many have been sold overall. I'm more inclined to believe people just like hoarding an unreasonable amount of something "scarce."

As far as the shenanigans on the first drop, I agree. There was a frenzy when it went live. Then everything crashed and people thought the drop would be canceled. A few minutes later I got as far as the payment page before the out of stock error.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#49]
First Shots: The Tommybuilt T7 (MP7 Clone, Part 1)

Unbiased and i leave my personal opinions out.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Slimjim:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74u0BVyqLr0

Unbiased and i leave my personal opinions out.
View Quote
Watched that an hour ago, looked like the spent cases were slipping off the extractor and failing to eject?
Page / 12
Tommybuilt T7, MP7 clones. (Page 10 of 12)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top