BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
The auto-fraud rings with crooked doctors say otherwise. PIP is a money printing machine for a fraud organizer and a dirty doc. The PIP fraud is insane in FL.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Banditman:
Originally Posted By Banditman:
PIP Insurance is a good thing. just think about all the more people going to the ER with no insurance if PIP
went away.

Just look who sponsors network tv and radio the most. The State passed tort reform and that
should help, but there were years of suits to resolve before it will.
They go anyways. $10k in an ER is two Tylenol tablets, a blanket, and ice chips.

nope they are only allowed to bill 2x the medicare rate. many times the bill will be below 10k. I have
paid 1000s of them while working a PIP desk
The auto-fraud rings with crooked doctors say otherwise. PIP is a money printing machine for a fraud organizer and a dirty doc. The PIP fraud is insane in FL.

it was worse and getting better, now if prosecutors would do their jobs it would get even better
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#2]
need a huge fine for driving without insurance

make it a $1,000 ticket for first offense
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 8:14:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Like I posted... the amount of crashes certainly doesn't help... BUT... fucking insurance fraud is killing our rates.

CASE IN POINT- last June my 92 y/o mom was rear-ended while stationary at a light. It shoved her into a car to her front, who tapped the car to their front. My mom wasn't injured but the impact cracked her transmission so her car was "totaled". No medical problems, no injuries.

Here is the kicker... the last car in the chain didn't even have damage... but this past week my mom gets served as that last car effected is suing my mom and her insurance company. Guys wasn't injured, his car wasn't damaged, yet somehow he has been "permanently damaged for life".

I spoke with my mom's insurance company and they said the guy was a complete unhinged asshole when they discussed medical payments (of course he took the ride with Doc in a Box to make it look good. When they spoke to his lawyer, they said he was equally as nasty. The insurance company has hired a lawyer for my mom and said she won't have to do anything... they are not paying and they will see him in court.

Another CASE IN POINT- one of our guys, in a marked patrol car, had another car and trailer make a left turn in front of him violating hir right-of-way. Of course that party was 100% at fault. Yet, our guy just got served as one of the passengers in the other AT FAULT car is suing.

Two cases where drivers didn't do ANYTHING yet they are getting sued... Personal Injury Lawyers for the most part are scum of the earth IMO and have turned this shit into a racket.

Link Posted: 7/20/2024 10:26:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gotpierogi] [#4]
Attachment Attached File

Here is an asshole in a dump truck who blew a stop sign without slowing down, and caused me have to slam on my brakes from 45mph (speed limit) to nearly 0.
Another reason for high insurance rates is people drive like they got their license from a cereal box
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By gotpierogi:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/545731/Screenshot_20240720_221440_Gallery_jpg-3272544.JPG

Here is an asshole in a dump truck who blew a stop sign without slowing down, and caused me have to slam on my brakes from 45mph (speed limit) to nearly 0.
Another reason for high insurance rates is people drive like they got their license from a cereal box
View Quote

I avoid dirt haulers like the plague.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I worked as an auto insurance adjuster for 23 years. When I started there were no smart phones and the
majority of accidents were rear enders. Carelessness was main cause but for the last few years the
majority of accidents are violation of right of way. Narcissism is the main cause. People actually say
i pulled out and he hit me, I know he saw me and should not have hit me. People doing lane changes
and expecting others to get out of their way.

Frequency and severity have been through the roof. Ins companies are lucky to be making
4% profit today
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By S58DRIVER:
my wife bought a new 2024 X4 M40i yesterday for Father's Day..lol...I have 2023 M3 Compatition and we have a 2012 XTERRA PRO 4X.. for surfboards, dog transport, shitty weather

$2400 every 6 months...
View Quote
$3300 here. 2004 Tacoma, 2007 Milan, 2014 Flex.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 1:33:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bowhntr6pt] [#8]
Delete

Link Posted: 8/10/2024 1:34:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bowhntr6pt] [#9]
Delete

Link Posted: 8/10/2024 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By gotpierogi:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/545731/Screenshot_20240720_221440_Gallery_jpg-3272544.JPG

View Quote

That why you don't mind seeing the FHP doing checks on these types for weights/equipment. The trucks are a menace, owners/companies do not maintain as they should, monitor drivers, etc. etc. The list goes on with over loaded, unsecured loads, etc.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mark5pt56:

That why you don't mind seeing the FHP doing checks on these types for weights/equipment. The trucks are a menace, owners/companies do not maintain as they should, monitor drivers, etc. etc. The list goes on with over loaded, unsecured loads, etc.
View Quote

I agree 100%.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top