Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 54
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 12:25:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm out of state for a few days and the place where I'm staying hasn't any reliable cell service or internet for that matter but I wanted you all to be aware that the proposed fees Murphy wanted on FIDs, PTCs, etc. wont be happening, at least according to this article:

Tax hike speeds ahead in late-night vote on record N.J. budget

Notably not included in the budget:
View Quote

Raising fees on individual gun permits and gun seller licenses in the state. Murphy wanted to increase fees on firearms purchaser identification cards from $50 to $100. But that all was cut, as well.
View Quote
nj.com

Unfortunately, we'll still be paying more for other things.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 12:03:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#2]
GunForHireRadio #684 Theresa Inacker and Jack Pyle of CNJFO https://www.cnjfo.com/ are in the house

This week on Gun For Hire Radio

Theresa Inacker and Jack Pyle of CNJFO https://www.cnjfo.com/ are in the house and sharing their lawsuit to abolish handgun permits and the one gun a month scheme.

Also Anthony kicks off the Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich    challenge.
View Quote

GFH radio #684

eta:

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 12:19:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Koons / Siegel update

A reply letter was filed earlier this week for the Koons (Anjrpc) plaintiffs in the 3rd Circuit about the AG Platkin letter filed after the Rahimi SCOTUS decision.

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 12:39:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:

Interesting... Disregarding the trying to get through TSA with a loaded pistol aside, not on his body I get it if it was in his carry on, and certainly fault this guy for being stupid... But, in a holster and in a bag that is on your body should* be gtg. When he took his bag off for security screening, I guess it was no longer on his body.

Of course this same punishment also applies to a felony level conviction for not having your pdf printout on your person when carrying, which is more egregious IMO.

*I recognize that should doesn't necessarily translate to legal in NJ.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:

Interesting... Disregarding the trying to get through TSA with a loaded pistol aside, not on his body I get it if it was in his carry on, and certainly fault this guy for being stupid... But, in a holster and in a bag that is on your body should* be gtg. When he took his bag off for security screening, I guess it was no longer on his body.

Of course this same punishment also applies to a felony level conviction for not having your pdf printout on your person when carrying, which is more egregious IMO.

*I recognize that should doesn't necessarily translate to legal in NJ.

According to Nappen "should" is legal in NJ.

See Nappen's "Gun Lawyer   Ep. 130: Ignorance of the Law Is a Defense" from 05:36-08:45:

"I've got another letter, and this is from Sim, regarding off body carry. Is that like an out of body experience? No, here's what it says. Hello, I would like to start off by saying I'm a huge fan of the show. And thank you for being a fan of the show. And all the information you provide on the show. My question is about off-body carry. My understanding is the new carry law requires a firearm to be on your person. Would a firearm in a crossbody bag / fannypack be considered on your person? Also, I was considering carrying in my gym bag. Would that be permissible? Thanks in advance. So, here's the deal. If you actually look at the statute under N.J.S. 2C:58-4, and you go into the little subsections down where they have the point two (.2) and point four (.4), etc., you will find that it talks about how a holster is defined. It has to be in a holster. This is very important that it is in a holster that meets the criteria for being a holster, and it does say on the person or about, on or about the person. That language is used there, on or about. [See 2C:58-4.5(6)(a).]

Evan Nappen 07:01:

So, what it means is you either have to have your firearm, no matter what in a holster, but if it's in a holster, and it's ***within your direct control, your direct dominion and control.*** [Emphasis added.] For example, if you're a woman and you have a carry purse, and the carry purse has a holster inside the purse, you're now, as long as there's a proper holster that covers a firearm, covers the trigger, secures it properly and meets the criteria for being a holster. It doesn't need to have a thumb break or a snap. That requirement was gotten rid of by way of the Association lobbying in Trenton. We were able to get rid of the requirement to have a thumb break or a thumb snap or a strap. But it does have to completely secure the firearm. It has to cover the trigger guard, etc. If you've that holster in your purse, and the purse is being held by you, or directly ***on or about your person, next to you,*** the same with a fanny pack. [Emphasis added.] If it has a holster in the pack that meets the grade, most have a Velcro type holster that goes inside the purse or pack so that the gun doesn't just flop around in a purse or in a pack or a backpack, etc. There should be a separate holster within the bag. As long as that is on or about your person, then you're okay. But if you're in a car with such a thing, don't go put it on the back seat where it's not in your control. Make sure it stays directly about your person. That's the key to New Jersey carry."

https://gun.lawyer/episode-130-ignorance-of-the-law-is-a-defense/

I've been away in the sticks for a few days where cell service and the internet were spotty at best. I'm now back and am attempting to catch up and update the best I can with the past week's happenings. If anyone missed it, Murphy wanted to raise all firearm fees but the legislature trashed his proposal and refused to increase any of the fees. Don't know if it's because the legislature is becoming pro 2A (yeah right) or more likely they're afraid once judge Bumb gets the case back, she'll get rid of all the exorbitant fees. Also the CNJFO lawsuit about purchase permits may have also had something to do with it.

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 1:17:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure you've all heard of SCOTUS doing away with the Chevron Deference. Our AG wasn't pleased by that decision. The following is Joe LoPorto's take on AG Platkin. A little off topic but worth a look.

Joe LoPorto
Admin
Group expert

Sorry.  I can't help but rant.

Under the Soviet system, the Politburo was the central authority for the government.  To be elected to the Politburo, one had to serve and be nominated from the Central Committee, a political organ comprised of unelected bureaucrats selected by the Congress of the Communist Party, itself comprised of selected party members that convened about every five years.

At times power shifted between the Politburo and the Central Committee over the life of the Soviet Union but this was the bureaucratic system the USSR ran on.  Unelected technocrats and "experts" making unilateral policy at the direction of the General Secretary like the agricultural/industrialization reforms in Ukraine under Stalin's first Five Year Plan that lead to the Holodomor (a famine that killed as many as 5 million people).

Listening to the reactions to the overruling of Chevron Deference by the Supreme Court like AG's Platkin's response yesterday makes me shudder.

"Eliminating the Chevron doctrine will give even more power to the federal courts over our daily lives, by giving them incredibly broad authority to strike down agency interpretation of statutes, even though courts have far less expertise on questions ranging from firearms to immigration to clean air and more." - AG Platkin

Unelected bureaucrats like Platkin are talking about how the judiciary is stealing power from the executive branch.

SCOTUS TOOK BACK THE POWER OF JUDICIAL REVIEW!

Which has been the role of the Court since Marbury v Madison (1803).  Chevron Deference placed both the legislative and judicial roles in the hands of one executive agency.  These people hate the separation of powers, checks and balances, representative government and the Constitution

all while they cry about "muh democracy."  On the same fucking breadth they advocate for a Soviet style politburo run by unelected bureaucrats who both make and interpret the law.  At times our side can sound paranoid but statements like Platkin's are the definition of authoritarianism.  No one is more anti-democracy than these people.

A congress that abdicates its responsibility.

An executive branch that appoints bureaucrats that make up the law however they see fit.

A judiciary bound to defer to these "expert" bureaucrats.

Thats the system that people like AG Platkin believes works best
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 8:04:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Gun Lawyer #192
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 4:42:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#7]
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#9]
A John Petrolino article.

N.J. ACLU Seems Uninterested in State's Racist Firearm Permitting Practices

It appears that the ACLU is more than fine with Black people being discriminated against in New Jersey. Ya know, because it's a gun thing. This all but proves that even the most staunch supporters of "everyone's" rights are still OK with "those people" not being armed.
View Quote

link

Link Posted: 7/1/2024 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Murphy and Planktin arent letting NJ get mags or so called evil features...LOL
until they are gone aint getting shit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
Murphy and Planktin arent letting NJ get mags or so called evil features...LOL
until they are gone aint getting shit.
View Quote

I take my rights and the AWB/Mag ban seriously and I'm surprised that this an LOL for you.

Serious question for you: how do you propose getting shit once Murphy and Platkin are gone?
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Koons / Siegel update

Letter to the 3rd Circuit from Erin Murphy representing Siegel (Anjrpc) in reply to the AG's Rahimi letter

If the screen shot is too small to read click here.

Link Posted: 7/1/2024 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#13]
fyi:

I cross posted this also in the AWB / Mag ban thread.

Link Posted: 7/1/2024 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Free memberships at GFH

Link Posted: 7/1/2024 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#15]
point is Murph and his pal are not going to budge and will illegally enforce their bullshit
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#16]
point is Murph and his pal are not going to budge and will illegally enforce their bullshit
View Quote

Yep.  and we're at the point where either you lol about it or find a roof to jump off of because nothing is going to go our way till we vote these statist fucks out.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

I see your point now. Thanks for smacking me upside the head with a 2 x 4.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By GonnaNeedaBiggerBoat:

Yep.  and we're at the point where either you lol about it or find a roof to jump off of because nothing is going to go our way till we vote these statist fucks out.
View Quote
The problem is that the statists are the majority in the state house and until they get booted out our only recourse is federal lawsuits and we know how long those take.  Voting would be quicker and easier but as we saw in the last election, most registered voters didn't bother voting and there are many so called pro 2A types with hunting licenses in NJ that aren't even registered to vote.

I understand both your sentiments but I'm at the point in my life that I'm not willing to LOL or do some roof jumping. Win or lose, I'm not going to roll over and give up.

Which reminds me, there's some sort of holiday coming up on July 4th. What was that all about?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Demeroma:
The problem is that the statists are the majority in the state house and until they get booted out our only recourse is federal lawsuits and we know how long those take.  Voting would be quicker and easier but as we saw in the last election, most registered voters didn't bother voting and there are many so called pro 2A types with hunting licenses in NJ that aren't even registered to vote.

I understand both your sentiments but I'm at the point in my life that I'm not willing to LOL or do some roof jumping. Win or lose, I'm not going to roll over and give up.

Which reminds me, there's some sort of holiday coming up on July 4th. What was that all about?
View All Quotes

Something like that.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#20]

https://images3.memedroid.com/images/UPLOADED358/6200889973d17.jpeg

Something like that.
View Quote
Something, something..... (COC).

After this morning's SCOTUS orders we're probably looking at a couple of more years for our AWB and Mag ban cases as they work their way from the District court to the 3rd Circuit and eventually to SCOTUS.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/070224zor_2co3.pdf

I can easily move out of New Jersey tomorrow but I believe it's worth fighting for right where I'm at. If I do move to a free state, how long before those free states become like NJ?

We might never see a free NJ but perhaps our children will because of our efforts here today. It's all so tiresome and frustrating to say the least but it's a worthy battle in my opinion.

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#21]
After re-reading Erin Murphy's Rahimi reply letter to the 3rd Circuit and then seeing this tweet, the 3rd Circuit may actually rule in our favor in the carry killer appeal.

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#22]
And We were thinking our cases couldn't go any slower....
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Whamo:
And We were thinking our cases couldn't go any slower....
View Quote

It goes to show you that "they" want to gain complete control over us. That's if we allow them to.

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#24]
the LOL wasnt towards gun folk, its the never ending stamp their feet from Comrade Murphy and Pudkin

I see your point now. Thanks for smacking me upside the head with a 2 x 4.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#26]
the LOL wasnt towards gun folk, its the never ending stamp their feet from Comrade Murphy and Pudkin

View Quote
Hey, we're all on the same page. I may have gone over the edge a bit but I'm not ticked off at you or anyone else here. I'm pissed off at Murphy and Platkin and the corrupt politicians we have allowing them to get away with unconstitutional stuff. Add in the slow walking courts and I'm fuming, which is good because I can hardly wait to taste their tears when they finally lose in our court cases. So keep on LOL'ing because our cause is just.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By NZT:
Us older folk might consider term life insurance with beneficiary identified as "2nd Amendment Causes".

View Quote
I'm currently donating what I can to CNJFO's PB&J ii, FPC, GOA and Anjrpc but leaving something behind when I'm finally gone to continue the fight is a good idea.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Koons / Siegel update

Letter from the intervenor's attorneys to the 3rd Circuit

Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:52:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#29]
NJ NICS Research Center is doing a great job looking out for our best interests.

https://www.njnics.com/storagemap.php

Link Posted: 7/4/2024 10:39:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#31]
NJ NICS Research Center Knocks it out of the Park on Storage Map

The reason I was interested in this specific data in N.J. is because the Rutgers New Jersey Gun Violence Research Center has a "safe firearm storage map." The N.J. Gun Violence Research Center was formed in 2018 by Governor Phil Murphy and soaks up about three million dollars annually of taxpayers' dollars.
View Quote

What did NNRC find in their own research? NNRC was only able to verify 10 out of the 31 locations that the Rutgers center alleges offers firearm storage. NNRC was able to come up with a total of 13 verified locations, at this time. Of those verified locations, the NNRC ranked them based on reputation and experience.

Why is this such a big deal? NNRC lays that out for us via some of their findings. NNRC, through an Open Public Records Act request,  uncovered the cost for the Rutgers' map was "$107,672 (includes fringe benefits and 9 months of research)."

NNRC further stated in their public service announcement a minor summary of the experience, "Many fraudulent maps are published by anti-gun organizations that wish to disarm the public. Such as the one published by the Rutgers Gun Violence Research Center that cost the taxpayers of NJ over $3M per year!."
View Quote

Bearing Arms

Link Posted: 7/6/2024 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#32]
New season of First Person Defender.

Woman Forced to Shoot Carjacker!

Link Posted: 7/7/2024 12:14:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#33]
GunForHireRadio #685 Dan Schmutter Esq. is back to educate us on the Supreme Court GVR’s, Chevron

Dan Schmutter Esq. is back to educate us on the Supreme Court GVR's, Chevron Deference, & NJ 2A cases etc.

Listen, Learn, Like, Follow, & Share!
View Quote

GFH radio #685
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 8:47:05 AM EDT
[#34]

Gun Lawyer #193

Link Posted: 7/7/2024 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#35]
This is the article by John Petrolino that was mentioned in today's Gun Lawyer and Gun For Hire radio podcasts:

NJ NICS Research Center Knocks it out of the Park on Storage Map

Bearing Arms
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#36]
my town renewal...well initial again permit, nine days. whats Nappens problem with storing firearms outside a home ?
what if one has multiple 'homes'  ??
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 12:14:59 AM EDT
[#37]
my town renewal...well initial again permit, nine days. whats Nappens problem with storing firearms outside a home ?
what if one has multiple 'homes'  ??
View Quote

It took 2 weeks for my purchase permit to be approved and my PTC is fast approaching 30 days.

Nappen was comparing how the private NJ NICS Research Center did a better job at zero cost listing places we could legally store our firearms if needed than the inaccurate information provided by the taxpayer funded Rutgers Gun Violence Research Center.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#38]
i need a cool 22 pistol. i never had one all these years. good to show new people how to shoot. not
sure what to get.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Is there a list or section I could view as to where were allowed to carry? Someone mentioned boardwalks were a no go? Also what's the scoop with Post offices? I heard were allowed to carry in P.O?
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#40]
i need a cool 22 pistol. i never had one all these years. good to show new people how to shoot. not
sure what to get.
View Quote

I thought about getting a .22lr pistol as well but after handling a Sig P365XL in 9mm, I'm not sure what I want now.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By fly223:
Is there a list or section I could view as to where were allowed to carry? Someone mentioned boardwalks were a no go? Also what's the scoop with Post offices? I heard were allowed to carry in P.O?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fly223:

Post offices and their parking lots are off limits to us. Boardwalks are OK to carry on as long as you stay away from the amusement park, bars and alcohol serving restaurants. Whatever you do don't step foot on the sand on the beach.  

I called US law shield and this is what one of their attorneys left on my voice mail.
"Good morning David this is a return call regarding your request for US Lawshield callback from the New Jersey attorney you didn't answer so we weren't able to speak unless answer your questions pretty straightforward there is no answer to boardwalks that is not a legal category right so boardwalks are just gonna be the same as any other property meaning that you have to do a full analysis under the private places senses various analysis some boardwalk do constitute state parks some boardwalks constitute entertain facilities some boardwalk serve alcohol some boardwalks are private property. if you don't know your best bet is to call the local PD and ask about a particular boardwalk and see what they say. there is no legal category of Boardwalk per se it's it's just like every other property of the full analysis of the prohibited places make sure that it's not a public gathering entertainment facility casino property so it so forth OK "

From Gun For Hire:

link
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#42]

Post offices and their parking lots are off limits to us. Boardwalks are OK to carry on as long as you stay away from the amusement park, bars and alcohol serving restaurants. Whatever you do don't step foot on the sand on the beach.  

From Gun For Hire:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93999/Opera_Snapshot_2024-05-19_093603_gunforh-3218065.png

link
View Quote

Wonderful, thank you..
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 11:50:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Defend Your Rights: NJ Gun Owners Under Attack!

Link Posted: 7/11/2024 7:48:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#44]
Francisco v Cooke  (not Koons / Siegel)

FPC DEALS FINAL BLOW TO NEW JERSEY'S CARRY BAN SCHEME

TRENTON, NJ (July 11, 2024)   Today, Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) announced a decisive victory out of the District Court of New Jersey in its federal Second Amendment lawsuit challenging the state's 'justifiable need' carry ban, Francisco v. Cooke. You can read the full court order at FPCLaw.org.

"We are delighted to successfully conclude this challenge to New Jersey's authoritarian disarmament scheme," said FPC President Brandon Combs. "We will continue to fight forward until all peaceable people can exercise the right to bear arms in public without fear of government harassment or prosecution."

In 2021, FPC and two of its members filed a challenge to New Jersey's draconian requirement for individuals to prove a 'justifiable need' to acquire a permit to carry a firearm. As a result of aggressive litigation, the NYSRPA v. Bruen decision that overturned New York's similar requirement, and changes to New Jersey law, the Court has approved a consent order stating that the provision violated the Second and Fourteenth Amendments and that the defendants in the case are responsible for the plaintiffs' attorney's fees and costs.

FPC brought this challenge as part of its high-impact FPC Law strategic litigation program to eliminate disarmament regimes and restore the natural right to keep and bear arms.

FPC was joined in this case by two FPC members. The Plaintiffs in the case were represented by Gellert Seitz Busenkell & Brown, LLC.

Firearms Policy Coalition (firearmspolicy.org), a 501(c)4 nonprofit membership organization, exists to create a world of maximal human liberty, defend constitutional rights, advance individual liberty, and restore freedom. We work to achieve our strategic objectives through litigation, research, scholarly publications, amicus briefing, legislative and regulatory action, grassroots activism, education, outreach, and other programs. Our FPC Law program (FPCLaw.org) is the nation's preeminent legal action initiative focused on restoring the right to keep and bear arms throughout the United States. Individuals who want to support FPC's work to eliminate unconstitutional laws can join the FPC Grassroots Army at JoinFPC.org or make a donation at firearmspolicy.org/donate. For more on FPC's lawsuits and other pro-Second Amendment initiatives, visit FPCLegal.org and follow FPC on Instagram, X (Twitter), Facebook, YouTube.

link

Consent order for entry of final judgement and award of reasonable attorney's fees and costs.

link

ETA:

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/18703496/51/mazahreh-v-grewal/

Link Posted: 7/13/2024 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 7/13/2024 11:51:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#46]
GunForHireRadio #686 ANTI Gun Supreme Court Justice protected by hired guns we pay for!

ANTI Gun Supreme Court Justice protected by hired guns we pay for! Open borders, illegals roam free and allowed to vote. Are we still a "Country"? Overtaxation with NO representation is not a great formula.

Bonus, Doctor ask you about guns in the house? We have the response. Please like, follow, & share
View Quote
GFH radio #686

Link Posted: 7/14/2024 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#47]

Gun Lawyer #194
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#48]
For what it's worth.

Link Posted: 7/15/2024 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#49]
my brother in law did details when people would come to areas. they cleared a huge swath of
area, buildings etc. so this doesnt make sense, how some 20 year old worm can even get that close with a firearm.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#50]
my brother in law did details when people would come to areas. they cleared a huge swath of
area, buildings etc. so this doesnt make sense, how some 20 year old worm can even get that close with a firearm.
View Quote

It should not have happened but it did. So it may have been incompetence or negligence or it may have been intentional.
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top