Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 69
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Pick a spot Chef, I'll put it in the title.
View Quote
Torres mocha new place, good experience my one visit.  Noon.
Chef
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By douglasmorris99:

Torres mocha new place, good experience my one visit.  Noon.
Chef
View Quote
If I were gonna make that drive, I'd be hitting up Phat Phil's.   Love that guy and his meats.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 6:34:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By The_Dog:

If I were gonna make that drive, I'd be hitting up Phat Phil's.   Love that guy and his meats.
View Quote
I've been up here 3 years and managed to catch them open twice.  Good food!

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 1:12:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Dog] [#4]
So for those coming to the show at Big Town, Noon at Soulman's in Mesquite?
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#5]
So for those coming to the show at Big Town, Noon at Soulman's in Mesquite?
View Quote
Still my plan..
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm actually off today and will make it.  Do I just look for a rowdy bunch at soulmans?
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jeffb1911:
I'm actually off today and will make it.  Do I just look for a rowdy bunch at soulmans?
View Quote
I don't think there will be enough of us for rowdiness.  If I can find it, I'll wear my green Arfcom baseball hat.

Found it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 12:34:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm wearing my OD Arfcom hat also.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#9]
It was nice meeting up with y'all today. 2nd time meeting The Dog, 1st time meeting Jeff.
I didn't catch if James was an Arfcommer..?

I sold my FIE Buffalo Scout, and bought a Heritage Rough Rider revolver to replace it.
I also got a new Kel Tec Sub 2000. I'll see how that goes.

See y'all next time, hopefully.

Link Posted: 7/27/2019 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DeathHates:. It was nice meeting up with y'all today. 2nd time meeting The Dog, 1st time meeting Jeff.

I sold my FIE Buffalo Scout, and bought a Heritage Rough Rider revolver to replace it.

View Quote
You know those are the same gun, right?  FIE used to have em made in Argentina, then produced them here til they went under.  Heritage must've bought the tooling.

Enjoy the Subbie.  She can ride w/ you just about anywhere.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 11:49:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DeathHates:

It was nice meeting up with y'all today. 2nd time meeting The Dog, 1st time meeting Jeff.
View Quote
Good to see you two also.  Yes, James is an Arfcommer.

All I bought was the price of admission.  I was going to buy some patches from the crazy mag lady to justify going, but she got busy and I left empty handed.  The stuff I really wanted was pretty out there anyway.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 8:59:53 AM EDT
[#12]
The Paris show was small but there were bargains to be found.

My wife has always wanted a Tommy gun.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#13]
You know those are the same gun, right?  FIE used to have em made in Argentina, then produced them here til they went under.  Heritage must've bought the tooling.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DeathHates:. It was nice meeting up with y'all today. 2nd time meeting The Dog, 1st time meeting Jeff.

Yes, I know. Mine was gold. and you could feel the wear when you cocked it. It also only had the magnum cylinder.
I sold it to an older lady at a table for $115

Hopefully the carbine will be good. I've been cycling the bolt during idle time to pre-work it in. It's a bit tight.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#14]

All I bought was the price of admission.  I was going to buy some patches from the crazy mag lady to justify going, but she got busy and I left empty handed.  The stuff I really wanted was pretty out there anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DeathHates:

Link Posted: 7/28/2019 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DeathHates: Yes, I know. Mine was gold. and you could feel the wear when you cocked it. It also only had the magnum cylinder.
I sold it to an older lady at a table for $115

Hopefully the carbine will be good. I've been cycling the bolt during idle time to pre-work it in. It's a bit tight.
View Quote
A golden FIE?  Lol.  The first pistol my father gave me was the .22 WMR FIE revolver.  I later bought a .22 LR model so I could swap cylinders.  Don't dryfire it w/ the safety on or off.

The SUB is solid.  Even though you have the Gen 2, this is actually the 3rd version.  MCARBO has some improved trigger bits, and Red Lion has a rotating forend, etc.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By dave5339:
The Paris show was small but there were bargains to be found.

https://i.imgur.com/AdMhSIO.jpg

My wife has always wanted a Tommy gun.

Semper Fi
View Quote
Care to share what you paid for the Tommy?
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#17]
It was good to meet you guys in person too.  I'm starting to gather my gun junk and other assorted parts and gear for Tyler.  i'll be in my normal corner making dull things sharp and hopefully going home with less than I bring!

I do have to ask, Dave5339, what is that chopped S&W in your pic?  I've got a 625 5" that I love, but must use the tools for loading the moon clips.  I also have a bunch of speed loaders for the 45AR round, but only about 3 boxes of that.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#18]
3-4 August
Lewisville - Premier
Mineral Wells - Whipp Farm
Nacogdoches - G&S

10-11 August
Tyler - Lone Star (This is a worthwhile medium show in E Texas)

17-18 August
Abilene - Texas Gun & Knife
Mesquite Rodeo - Premier

24-25 August
Fort Worth - Premier - post up if you want to meet somewhere for lunch. King Tut and Rail Head BBQ are nearby.

31 August - 1 September
Glen Rose - Whipp Farm
Lewisville - Premier
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 6:31:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dave5339] [#19]
$850 out the door with case, 3rd hand tool, 30 round stick magazine and a 50 round drum.

Jeff, the chopped S&W started life as a Model 58.  The barrel is cut to 3 1/2" and it was chambered for 45ACP running moon clips.  I also think someone converted it from a square butt to a round butt at some point.   The hammer has also been bobbed for easier carry.  It's fun to shoot,  but really shows me that I need to work on my trigger press.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Just got in from the Nacogdoches (Aka Nac A Nowhere when I was in college) gun show.  Looked to be pretty well attended by locals there.    Several dealers selling some cheaper AR parts and accessories.  But mainly just local guys trading their stuff.  Someone did have some good smelling food there though.  Picked up some tools from one dealer, Milwaukee 12v 1/4" impact driver with charger and 2 batteries, snap on speed brace for 3//8 sockets, and an antique craftsman ratchet wrench with 4 sizes for 100 OTD.  Few S&W factory grips, think they are K frame, for 20 each.  But the deal of the show (again, most of the tables were guys trading their gear) a guy had a bunch of classic type hunting and folding knives, old buck, case, uncle henry, schrade, etc.  Think most were at minimum 25 years old.  Anyway, I picked up a Benchmade Bushmaster.  Not sure when they were made, think in the 80s.  It is their take on a Kukri it looks like.  Needs a good cleaning, so i'm soaking with solvent on the blade already.  Think they were about 200 or so back then, but I got this for 40!  I've always found that when I go to the smaller out of the way shows I make better trades, and find stuff that I would never see at a big city gunshow.  Didn't find a shorter barreled 45 ACP revolver that uses moon clips yet though...….(Dave you lucky...…)

I just re surfaced my sharpening wheels getting them ready for next weekend when i'll be set up in Tyler.  If any of you make it stop by and say hi. I'll be in the main room opposite the stage with the big Baldor buffer that I use for sharpening.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#21]
$850 out the door with case, 3rd hand tool, 30 round stick magazine and a 50 round drum.
{snippage}
Semper Fi
View Quote
Oof...  Is it ok if I'm unreasonably jealous?
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Oof...  Is it ok if I'm unreasonably jealous?
View Quote
Jealous of marrying a woman that not only shoots but giggles like a little school girl while unloading a drum magazine from her tommy gun, or of the price paid?  

Now to start hunting down mags for the darn thing, going to have to hit some more shows.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 8:37:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dave5339:  Jealous of marrying a woman that not only shoots but giggles like a little school girl while unloading a drum magazine from her tommy gun, or of the price paid?  

Now to start hunting down mags for the darn thing, going to have to hit some more shows.

Semper Fi
View Quote
Keep in mind the mag catch height difference btwn 1927 & 1928/M1 mags.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#24]

Jealous of marrying a woman that not only shoots but giggles like a little school girl while unloading a drum magazine from her tommy gun, or of the price paid?  

Semper Fi
View Quote
My wife shoots the 50 and sometimes embarrasses me on prairie dog steel plates.  So the latter.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Lewisville was busy about 11:00.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#26]
10-11 August

17-18 August
Mesquite Rodeo - Premier

24-25 August
Fort Worth - Premier - post up if you want to meet somewhere for lunch.  King Tut and Rail Head BBQ are nearby.

31 August - 1 September
Glen Rose - Whipp Farm
Lewisville - Premier
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 1:00:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: glazer1972] [#27]
Daughter and I were at the Nac show Saturday right before lunch. I’ll have to start wearing my ancient AR15.com hat.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 12:20:30 AM EDT
[#28]
10-11 August

17-18 August
Mesquite Rodeo - Premier

24-25 August
Fort Worth - Premier - post up if you want to meet somewhere for lunch.  King Tut and Rail Head BBQ are nearby.

31 August - 1 September
Glen Rose - Whipp Farm
Lewisville - Premier
View Quote
I have a huge list of stuff I’m hunting for
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:  I have a huge list of stuff I’m hunting for
View Quote
?  A diamond ring is not a huge list.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#30]
How is the show?
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I wanted to go but got called out for work. Then I had to mow. And then I got called out again. Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Had to mow?
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Bahia was 18” tall.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Tyler had a lot of traffic today, but seems like not that much money changing hands.  Did some good trades today, got rid of some of my junk and other parts.  Think the sales tax weekend for school supplies probably had most of the money being used elsewhere this weekend.  Probably will be a buyers market tomorrow though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Sunday evening update on Tyler.  Dave5339, you evil tempter with your pics of a 45ACP revolver!  I started looking for one with a shorter barrel, and stumbled upon a 1937 S&W that had been customized many years ago.  Has the barrel cut to about 3 1/2", and kind of a late 40s version of a meltdown.  Hammer spur rounded downward, and the grip frame front and back rounded slightly, but not near enough to be a round butt.  Other than that, the crowd was still decent, but think the tax free weekend did keep some people from buying much.  Had lots of trading going on however.  I still wound up coming back with less weight than I left with, which is a good thing.  At least it felt lighter loading up than it did bringing it in.  Next show here is the last weekend of October, and lord willing ill be in my corner trading junk again then.

Now to go move these boxes around...…..
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#36]
17-18 August
Mesquite Rodeo - Premier

24-25 August

31 August - 1 September
Glen Rose - Whipp Farm
Lewisville - Premier

Post up if the D/FW krewe wants to hit Soulman's BBQ or elsewhere for lunch Saturday or Sunday in Mesquite.  Texas Roadhouse nearby as well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Post up if the D/FW krewe wants to hit Soulman's BBQ or elsewhere for lunch Saturday or Sunday in Mesquite.  Texas Roadhouse nearby as well.
View Quote
Gonna miss it.   We'll be in the air on the way back.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#38]
24-25 August
Fort Worth - Premier - post up if you want to meet somewhere for lunch.  King Tut and Rail Head BBQ are nearby.  This is the larger of the two Fort Worth shows.  Ye Olde Bull & Bush down Montgomery Street for after show drinks.

31 August - 1 September
Glen Rose - Whipp Farm
Lewisville - Premier

Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:44:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Dog] [#39]
heading to ft worth now.

ETA...  and here.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I would suggest Ye Olde Bull & Bush on Montgomery for post-show adult refreshments.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I would suggest Ye Olde Bull & Bush on Montgomery for post-show adult refreshments.
View Quote
Yall need to come hang out later after you're done buying all the guns
https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/Dallas-Area-Meetup-August-24-after-CPR-Class/8-635251/
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JoeMal:
Yall need to come hang out later after you're done buying all the guns
https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/Dallas-Area-Meetup-August-24-after-CPR-Class/8-635251/
View Quote
No gun buying...  Just mags.   But met a fellow Arfcommer who hooked me up with a free Dillo.

We'll have to see about the meetup.   I've been shanghaid over to Cowtown Brewing.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Trolled through the show from 4-5.  If you need a purse or other non gun related stuff this might be your show!
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Should've priced those CC purses.  They ain't cheap.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 2:21:53 AM EDT
[#45]
I found the one dealer with a Gen 5 G19 without the magwell cut and grabbed one.

Walked in with two pistols to offload as trading fodder, but it was rough.  Usually if I walk in with something in my hand, it's gone before I make it down the first row.  No interest generated today.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#46]
31 August - 1 September
Glen Rose - Whipp Farm
Lewisville - Premier

7-8 September
Greenville - Audie Murphy Museum
Hillsboro - Whipp Farm
Mesquite Big Town - Premier

14-15 September
Mesquite Rodeo - Premier

21-22 September
Dallas Market Hall - DACA - this is not the Market Hall show you remember, but it is still a worthwhile medium show.  Some ARFCOMers have regular tables.
Gilmer - American Legion

28-29 September
Fort Worth - Lone Star
Nacogdoches, - G&S
Waxahachie - Premier (While this is a Premier show, the Lone Star Fort Worth show will be larger, even if not as large as Premier's Fort Worth shows)
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#47]
7-8 September
Mesquite Big Town - Premier

View Quote
Yo!  Need to drag some of the Frisco/Coppel/Collin County people down here for lunch and the show since they make us go up to their side of town for the Meetups.

I'm talking about you @JoeMal & @mah827, among others.  We can always hit Saucer for a couple afterwords, then you can jet back up to your side on the Bush.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 9:48:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R3L04D] [#48]
I've always wanted to go to a mesquite show. Heard they are decent  Free that weekend currently. Gun fund is dry but would be fun to get out
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 11:19:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JoeMal:
I've always wanted to go to a mesquite show. Heard they are decent  Free that weekend currently. Gun fund is dry but would be fun to get out
View Quote
Come to the Dark Side.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#50]

Yo!  Need to drag some of the Frisco/Coppel/Collin County people down here for lunch and the show since they make us go up to their side of town for the Meetups.

I'm talking about you @JoeMal & @mah827, among others.  We can always hit Saucer for a couple afterwords, then you can jet back up to your side on the Bush.
View Quote
I’m thinking of going to that one. One of the guys at my office wants to go. He got cheap or free tickets someplace.
Page / 69
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top