Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/5/2023 9:50:38 PM EDT
Aside from the dumpster load of shit that doesn't make sense about Oswald... As a gun guy, I've got two questions...

One, why didn't Oswald have his revolver on him when he was supposedly shooting Kennedy?  He went home and retrieved it after the shooting.  .why not have it on him during the assassination?  You'd think that would be the time he'd be most vulnerable... Directly after the shooting and while he was making his escape..  it was a small J frame.. easy to conceal.  Why have to go home to retrieve it?

Two, where was his ammo for the Carcano?  There were exactly THREE spent shells in the sniper hide and ONE live round (kinda strange to only have 4 rounds in a 5 round, clip fed rifle... It can be done, but it's kinda like only loading 7 rounds in an en-bloc and then juggling the downloaded clip onto an M1).  But then.   There's absolutrly NO MENTION of the police ever finding any additional ammo (or box) in any of the inventories of Oswald's effects at his home, apartment or the garage where he supposedly kept the rifle.

...so apparently Oswald ONLY owned a .38 with FIVE rounds of ammo and a Carcano with ONE clip and FOUR rounds of 6.5mm....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Oswald had a K-frame, not a J-frame.  Assuming he was the assassin, would he have called it off because he only had 4 rounds?  I don't think so.  It may be a generational difference, but most people of that era would have considered 4 rounds to be enough for that task. Likewise for his revolver, plenty of people of that time would have carried 5 rounds in their K-frame with the hammer down on an empty chamber, and never given a though to carrying a reload.  Carrying with the hammer on an empty chamber lasted well into the late 80s/early 90s era.  I bet there is some one out there today still doing it.

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ll take a stab at this. Options for pistol carry were not what they are today. Much harder to carry any steel frame revolver concealed, or running and not dropping it. Yes, he could have bought a holster, I just don’t think it ever occurred to him. He was a low level evil patsy drone, an expendable.

As for the Rifle, have you shot one? Go shoot one and come back for our how Oswald didn’t act alone discussion.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Official story is bullshit.

High level government agencies are involved. What exactly the truth is, unsure.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Oswald also hung out with CIA intelligentsia/field agents in Dallas.

George Mohrenschildt

And also CIA funded anti-Castro militia guys like David ferrie.

Both these guys committed suicide btw.

Ferrie told the investigator he was a dead man then wrote two suicide letters in different hand writing then he had a cerebral hemorrhage at the base of his neck.

Weird.

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#5]
These threads just keep coming.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Oswald was broke.  He bought the cheapest mail order rifle that he was trained with.  He probably bought 1 box of ammo.  Since he hit what he aimed at, we can assume he at least took it out and sighted it in.  4 or 5 rounds might have been all he had left.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
It's like a conspiracy
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oswald had a K-frame, not a J-frame.  Assuming he was the assassin, would he have called it off because he only had 4 rounds?  I don't think so.  It may be a generational difference, but most people of that era would have considered 4 rounds to be enough for that task. Likewise for his revolver, plenty of people of that time would have carried 5 rounds in their K-frame with the hammer down on an empty chamber, and never given a though to carrying a reload.  Carrying with the hammer on an empty chamber lasted well into the late 80s/early 90s era.  I bet there is some one out there today still doing it.

View Quote

You are correct, I still CC my single action revolvers with the hammer down on an empty chamber.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's like a conspiracy
View Quote

I just wish it didn't have to be so loud.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:27:59 PM EDT
[#10]
All CIA Op. They planned to get him a week before in Chicago and had another Marine patsy for that one but the trip got canceled. Plan B was they got him in Dallas using Oswald as the patsy. Warren commission lied its ass off and covered up evidence because the former CIA director Dulles was leading them all around by the nose and managing expectations.JFK Revisited is a great documentary and worth seeing
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:28:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You are correct, I still CC my single action revolvers with the hammer down on an empty chamber.
View Quote

I think that is still a good practice.  Obviously, not required for some modern manufacture SA revolvers, but if you get in the practice, you won't automatically fill every chamber of a revolver which is not safe to carry a round under the hammer.  There are a bunch of them out there.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Watch the video from the doctors in Dallas...hear their version of JFK's wounds see what you think.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think that is still a good practice.  Obviously, not required for some modern manufacture SA revolvers, but if you get in the practice, you won't automatically fill every chamber of a revolver which is not safe to carry a round under the hammer.  There are a bunch of them out there.
View Quote

For me, it's the McChicken.

Three for FREE.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Three for FREE.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Three for FREE.
What color was the car in question?
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#16]
The true story is that it was actually a 10/22. And he was carrying his .38 in his tactical wheelbarrow.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anniversaries, and the guy's nephew running for President, be like they do.

Also, the current culture of faith in .Gov and its associated narratives, makes the Watergate Era look like Mayberry.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#18]
kenedy was killed by people from the future because he started wwIII (see cuban missile crisis). thats the only way such a crazy conspiracy could be accomplished and not be exposed in all these years.

btw, supposedly the shot from the window was easy-peasy.

and oswald didnt die was revived by the time travelers, a body was swapped for his and he lived a long and happy life 1000 years in the future.

check it out.

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#19]
From everything I've ever heard, it sounds like a makable shot.

At the same time, I don't trust a thing the government says...combine that with 60+ years of keeping the records secret...there is more to the story than we were ever told.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 11:33:44 PM EDT
[#20]
It doesn't matter what the CIA Patsy supposedly had or didn't have.

You cannot fire a rifle behind someone and then have a bullet loop around in midair and strike the target directly in the front of his head as the final shot did.  That's not how bullet trajectories work.  That bullet was fired in front of the target.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#21]
FFS.

Someone (or someones) killed JFK.

That's the fact.

The rest is lost to history.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 11:51:12 PM EDT
[#22]
It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma!
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:06:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Where did it say that he went home to retrieve his pistol after the assassination?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:12:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Was President JFK Really Killed by the CIA
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:32:31 AM EDT
[#25]
I once searched an Iraqi and found he was carrying a Glock 19 and two magazines. One magazine was loaded with 7 rounds; the other held 6. Why not just put them all in one magazine? I don't know; people do weird shit.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#26]
My Carcano clip holds 6 rounds.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Older K-frames like the pre-'45 Victory and British lend-lease .38 S&W models had hammer-mounted firing pins without any other safety features, so they were similar to single-actions in that they were only considered safe to carry with the hammer over an unloaded chamber. Not sure of the version Oswald was carrying, but only loading 5 rounds might have been a hold-over practice from earlier years.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You cannot fire a rifle behind someone and then have a bullet loop around in midair and strike the target directly in the front of his head as the final shot did.  That's not how bullet trajectories work.  That bullet was fired in front of the target.
View Quote

Lies! I seen Angelina Jolie do it and kill like 10 people!
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#30]
I saw a documentary where assassins could curve bullets by swinging their arms in a wide arc. They showed the whole thing in slow motion.
That’s likely what happened here.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:35:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
The so-called magic bullet probably did everything they said it did. I've seen pics of the reverse side, and it was far from pristine.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:45:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I visited the shooting site a few years ago. (props to the Tx HTF peeps)
worth a visit, if you're in the area.

anyway, to this day, it looks like a fairly damn easy shot from that window
(you can't get to the actual window, but the 3rd (?) over to the right (~))
there is a lot to see inside the museum, including the model used by the FBI (?)
to analyze the event.

but I digress, yet again...
everything about this smells fishy, like a setup.  They (all those associated with it) probably
cleaned up all the 'loose-ends',  minus anyone involved still being alive and coming
forward to set the story straight, we'll never know the truth.
View Quote

I went to the School Suppository when it first opened up. Back then you could go to the window and look out of it. All they had set up then were a couple of boxes. It was an easy shot.  Somewhere around the house I have a photo I took out of the window.

Back in those days I remember buying ammunition in small packages of 5 rounds or so. You could also buy .22 rounds at country connivence stores for a penny a round. I would collect coke bottles on the side of the road and trade them for .22 shorts.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:10:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Sometimes weird shit happens OP. Look at how random WW1 and WW2 naval engagements can be. Sometimes what goes down vs what you think should happen doesn't agree. Do you ever find yourself doing something that as a little silly when looking at it hindsight? Ever burn your hand on a hot surface and then wonder how you could be so careless.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:30:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I went to the School Suppository when it first opened up. Back then you could go to the window and look out of it. All the had set up then were a couple of boxes. It was an easy shot.

Back in those days I remember buying ammunition in small packages of 5 rounds or so. You could also buy .22 rounds at country connivence stores for a penny a round. I would collect coke bottles on the side of the road and trade them for .22 shorts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I visited the shooting site a few years ago. (props to the Tx HTF peeps)
worth a visit, if you're in the area.

anyway, to this day, it looks like a fairly damn easy shot from that window
(you can't get to the actual window, but the 3rd (?) over to the right (~))
there is a lot to see inside the museum, including the model used by the FBI (?)
to analyze the event.

but I digress, yet again...
everything about this smells fishy, like a setup.  They (all those associated with it) probably
cleaned up all the 'loose-ends',  minus anyone involved still being alive and coming
forward to set the story straight, we'll never know the truth.

I went to the School Suppository when it first opened up. Back then you could go to the window and look out of it. All the had set up then were a couple of boxes. It was an easy shot.

It was an easy shot. 87 yards (yet another conspiracy ) at a man size target pulling straight away. Oswald shot left-handed so manipulating the bolt from his rest made it even easier and even then he only connected 2 of 3 shots, adjusting his aim after the first shot missed.

Why did Oswald return home to retrieve his handgun instead of bringing it with him? IDK. Oswald’s entire life was defined by unreasonable actions. Oswald “smuggled” the rifle into the book depository building wrapped in paper telling people who asked that it was some curtain rods he needed to return. I could speculate that he feared that a revolver in his belt would have garnered too much attention (of course in Texas, in 1963, NOT carrying a revolver may have been more suspicious ). I don’t believe Oswald had much of a “plan” beyond assassinating Kennedy.

Why are two rounds from the clip unaccounted for? That crime scene was so compromised, who knows how much ammunition Oswald brought with him. After the assassination, the rifle was unloaded before the scene was documented and the spent cartridges were picked-up and later replaced for official photos. The missing loaded rounds may have been lost or kept as souvenirs. As I have stated before, there were a lot of conspiracies and cover-ups involved in the Kennedy assassination but I believe they all began in the moments after the last shot rang out.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:40:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Oswald was broke.  He bought the cheapest mail order rifle that he was trained with.  He probably bought 1 box of ammo.  Since he hit what he aimed at, we can assume he at least took it out and sighted it in.  4 or 5 rounds might have been all he had left.
View Quote

If you give Abraham Lincoln 4 hours to cut down a tree, he will spend 3 and a half sharpening his saw.

Maybe Oswald, planning to abandon the rifle at the scene saw no need for additional rounds at the scene. Used them all for practice.

Also, the official story is BS.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:43:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I once searched an Iraqi and found he was carrying a Glock 19 and two magazines. One magazine was loaded with 7 rounds; the other held 6. Why not just put them all in one magazine? I don't know; people do weird shit.
View Quote

Because 13 is unlucky.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:45:10 AM EDT
[#37]

...and one more on Waco

Bill Hicks - You're Free; to do what we Tell You (Waco Massacre)

The fact that he died of cancer at 32 in Little Rock in 1994 makes me think of the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kramatorsk_radiological_accident
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Oswald was in the second floor break room drinking a Coke 90 seconds after the last shot. Witnessed by a cop and his supervisor. He would have walked in a fair trial. One of the shell casings had a bad dent in the mouth and no fingerprints on the hidden Carcano. A fragment of the “magic bullet” was left in Connelly, but no evidence of that on the bullet itself.

Tippet was killed for a reason. Either to shut him up or they hoped Oswald was shot on site as a cop killer.

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That bullet was fired in front of the target.
View Quote

Or, hear me out, from behind at ground level.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Oswald was in the second floor break room drinking a Coke 90 seconds after the last shot. Witnessed by a cop and his supervisor.

View Quote

I have never heard that bit of information.
He must have moved really quickly to go down four floors. Not sure if the building has an elevator or not.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I have never heard that bit of information.
He must have moved really quickly to go down four floors. Not sure if the building has an elevator or not.
View Quote

There were two service elevators, but, mysteriously, the power was out in the building (and only that building) during the assassination, so they weren't working.  There was a single stairway in the back, open to the floor, so anyone could be seen traversing the stairs.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There were two service elevators, but, mysteriously, the power was out in the building (and only that building) during the assassination, so they weren't working.  There was a single stairway in the back, open to the floor, so anyone could be seen traversing the stairs.
View Quote

That's................. odd.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Oswald was in the second floor break room drinking a Coke 90 seconds after the last shot. Witnessed by a cop and his supervisor. He would have walked in a fair trial. One of the shell casings had a bad dent in the mouth and no fingerprints on the hidden Carcano. A fragment of the “magic bullet” was left in Connelly, but no evidence of that on the bullet itself.

Tippet was killed for a reason. Either to shut him up or they hoped Oswald was shot on site as a cop killer.

View Quote

Virtually everything you said is incorrect.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Ghetto dwellers are arrested all the with a gun with only half a magazine of mismatched ammo.  Oswald was poor.  That's probably all he had.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Official story is bullshit.

High level government agencies are involved. What exactly the truth is, unsure.
View Quote

At minimum LBJ, Secret Service, CIA.

This channel is the ne plus ultra of JFK assassination content. You cannot watch all of this and come away with even a shred of belief that the official story holds any water at all.

https://www.youtube.com/@AmericasUntoldStories

There's just too much to put into one video. There are many of them, each zeroing in on a different aspect of it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

A lot of members weren't around when it happened. They've been raised with official accounts. Now they're grown up and are asking some of the same questions that were asked but rug swept decades ago.

Let's hear about the "magic bullet".
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

The power wasn't out in the building.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Watch the video from the doctors in Dallas...hear their version of JFK's wounds see what you think.
View Quote

The round that put JFK's brain on the trunk didn't come from Oswald's rifle.

It was a high pressure .22 caliber round not a lower pressure .30 caliber round.

Look at the film again.

.221 fireball express is what I would think after research.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The power wasn't out in the building.
View Quote

According to this article, it was.  At least the power to the elevators was out.  That's why Truly took Officer Baker up the stairs to the roof.

https://harveyandlee.net/TSBD_Elevator/TSBD_elevator.html
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

According to this article, it was.  At least the power to the elevators was out.  That's why Truly took Officer Baker up the stairs to the roof.

https://harveyandlee.net/TSBD_Elevator/TSBD_elevator.html
View Quote

Neither elevator was on the ground floor. One elevator had to be manually operated. The other could be summoned but only if the door was closed. Truly tried to bring it down but since the door wasn't closed it didn't respond.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top