Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/4/2024 11:38:16 AM EDT
Fact is, Different people have different sensitivity to “ DOOM “.  

One person feels a truck drive by 5 blocks away, they scream earthquake and dive under a table, whereas another persons sitting thru a 6.0 quake, shit falling all around them and they shrug, saying to their panicking friend next to them “ it’s not a real quake, stop being dramatic “,   And everything in between.  Some people can see a small issue and immediately see the likely consequences it will develop into over 20 years, while others see catastrophic events happening and think it’s just a temporary, short term problem and shit will return to normal any minute.

I think you guys know where I fit into the 1-10 sensitivity scale, I’m a level 10, / that little thing will lead to fucking disaster kinda guy.

Anyway…. Iv been posting shtf is on the way since Obama was elected, or more specifically, shtf isn’t happening instantly, like with the dinosaurs, ( except for a few scenarios, comet, nukes, supernova etc )  instead, I see shtf for the USA, as a slow decent into SHTF / third world country / enemies foreign and domestic, tyranny and hardship kinda shtf. The decent into shtf,  which definately got a big push when Obama was allowed to rat fuck the country into the ground. Has Been a steady decline for the USA ever since, with things picking up speed biggly under the Biden regime, and growing worse by the day. We’re sitting around shrugging over problems that would have had people rioting in anger 30 years ago. Crazy how you can get used to your country failing.

I Receive a lot of “ lol doomer” posts when I bring attention to various alarming trends, but I have to wonder, were you previously a “ lol doomer” guy where you thought doom warnings were bullshit, but now your a “ holy shit, what’s happening to my country ? “ bro ?

Well ?   Have you started to be concerned yet ?   Started preparing for what’s coming ?

BECAUSE YOU BETTER BE GETTING PREPARED PEOPLE.  Everyday it’s getting harder and more expensive to acquire useful items to help you and your family thru hard times, the time to buy is now, today. We’re entering another election season, and shits going to get sketchy for sure.

Buckle up !
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I love DOOM
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Doom is opiate of the lazy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love DOOM
View Quote

Username and all.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:43:13 AM EDT
[#4]
GD tends to over consume enemy propaganda (mainstream news) and hence thinks things are a lot more grave then they are in reality. They also skew older and tend to remember the past fondly, as we all do. Naturally suppressing the negatives.

Huge gun rights victories over the last 40 years and yet there are still many here who are concerned we are losing the fight for 2nd Amendment rights.

My favorite GD doom posts is how our military is in shambles, completely combat ineffective and run by communist trannies and gays. The people posting this haven’t been in uniform or around the military in decades.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I've, mostly, come around to the way of thinking that there's so much I can't control. I pay attention to what's happening and try to adjust to the clown world as needed.

The world honks at us, all a man can do is honk back
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Rip and tear

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I’m not a doomer but the following are non negotiables,

War in Middle East

War in Europe

Fortune 500 is Decoupling from China due to fear of conflict

Southern border sees 1000+ known contacts per day

Narco state owns Central America

As far as “soft” facts… oof. Where to begin.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#8]
The sensation of doom in the collective subconscious is undeniable.

That said to completely annihilate modern civilization would be a heck of a project. It would probably demand either a full scale nuclear exchange or the unleashing of some bioweapon far more potent than anything we have ever seen before and even then there would be survivors somewhere.

Civilization has always been a race between decay and growth and for those who believe that the Democratic Party and their shadowy internationalist power mad financiers will rule forever. They are not immortal and there is an increasing desire among people of all political factions to take them out in the same fashion as the communist party of Romania in 1989.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Doomers have been around forever, I just live my best life and don't get caught up in it. Arfcom GD for me is for lulz and entertainment, not the DOOM!
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#10]
My belief in “DOOM” has remained pretty steady since 2012-ish. That’s when it became clear to me that the federal government would spend itself to death. Obviously my belief in that has been nothing but reinforced.

However, I do not fall into any of your listed categories. For me it has spurred a serious commitment to self reliance, that includes wealth growth, physical fitness & hardening of my living spaces. It spurred my to do things like start a book collection for important knowledge, install a back-up generator & soon a wood stove, build a pond…

You get the idea. For me doom isn’t some abstract idea that leaves me scouring the internet for bad news or fapping to TEOWAKI or sitting around fretting over things I cannot control. It is not a wet blanket on my enjoyment of today. For me it simply serves as a motivating & inspiring force to do the needful.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#11]

i love laughing at the Doomers if that tells you anything

sure -- prepare for ice storms, tornadoes, hurricanes etc.  buy a generator.  keep bottled water, a couple ARs and some cash on hand.  

but the fall of civilization isn't happening here despite what the breath-less youtube / insta / X videos proclaim

you know why ??  because TENS of MILLIONS of people in the USA get up every day to ensure the system keeps running.

healthcare.  manufacturing.  transportation.  education.  commerce.  EMS.  LE.  utilities / waste disposal.  finance.  etc

temporary disruptions sometimes ??  absolutely.   but there are way to many ants working in millions of roles for the army to cease functioning.  

come out of the basement and take a deep breath -- the air is fine.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Doom is an excuse.

To not work today, we're doomed.

To not save money for tomorrow, we're doomed.

To not bother to get educated, we're doomed.

To not treat people with respect, we're doomed.

To not follow tradition and cultural norms centuries old, we're doomed.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
GD tends to over consume enemy propaganda (mainstream news) and hence thinks things are a lot more grave then they are in reality. They also skew older and tend to remember the past fondly, as we all do. Naturally suppressing the negatives.

Huge gun rights victories over the last 40 years and yet there are still many here who are concerned we are losing the fight for 2nd Amendment rights.

My favorite GD doom posts is how our military is in shambles, completely combat ineffective and run by communist trannies and gays. The people posting this haven’t been in uniform or around the military in decades.
View Quote

I’d argue that the things many of us find the most alarming, are things the media DOESNT ever mention, or only mentions them in regards to how awesome / not a problem they are. Definitely not a bunch of msm news reports alarming us, we’re alarmed because we have to read between the lines, as media flat out lies about them. You mentioned people thinking things were better before…. But not really worse now, which I 100% disagree with.

The military for example, citizens beliefs in regards to the military, patriotism, eagerness to join, willingness to serve, combined with wokeness, diversity hiring, attacks on the traditional core of the military, which is all cratering, failures to meet staffing requirements and not a recipie for success / excellence.  The exact same thing is happening in every aspect of everything, justice system, immigration, budgeting, x 1000 others.

And again, these are all things 95% of the media reuse to report on, or only report on positively. My positions on all of them were built via reading between the lines, as actual gov / media information is pure propaganda.

Out of control immigration….

Government corruption

Voter fraud stealing elections

Two party system is really one party

Covid vaccines/ Covid response

National debt

Diversity / woke bullshit.

Criminals / violence / crime

Inflation.

Green energy / war on ice.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:06:20 PM EDT
[#14]
i think to have a reasonable discussion, you have to separate the types of doom

Climate doom - never believed it, never cared

Peak Oil - never believed it, never cared

Gold bug / bretton woods crap - never believed it, never cared

Inflation from gov spending - very scary, getting worse and worse

Population bomb - it was inevitable that we would run out of food, but "technology advances" in farming have come along way and allowed us to produce way, way more than we could have imagined in the 60s.   HOWEVER, the bill is still coming due, as health issues from processed non-food is killing people and the economy

Solar flare / magnetic pole shift / supervolcano - very scary, low odds in my lifetime, but inevitable.  not much to do to prep other than stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye (- T Servo)

terrorist attacks from open borders - not that scary for me, but it's gonna happen

Y2K - was definitely real, but we spent billions in the years prior preparing for the change and in the months prior, it was obvious it would be a non-event
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Doom and Gloom flakes. It's what's for breakfast in GD.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fact is, Different people have different sensitivity to " DOOM ".  

One person feels a truck drive by 5 blocks away, they scream earthquake and dive under a table, whereas another persons sitting thru a 6.0 quake, shit falling all around them and they shrug, saying to their panicking friend next to them " it's not a real quake, stop being dramatic ",   And everything in between.  Some people can see a small issue and immediately see the likely consequences it will develop into over 20 years, while others see catastrophic events happening and think it's just a temporary, short term problem and shit will return to normal any minute.

I think you guys know where I fit into the 1-10 sensitivity scale, I'm a level 10, / that little thing will lead to fucking disaster kinda guy.

Anyway . Iv been posting shtf is on the way since Obama was elected, or more specifically, shtf isn't happening instantly, like with the dinosaurs, ( except for a few scenarios, comet, nukes, supernova etc )  instead, I see shtf for the USA, as a slow decent into SHTF / third world country / enemies foreign and domestic, tyranny and hardship kinda shtf. The decent into shtf,  which definately got a big push when Obama was allowed to rat fuck the country into the ground. Has Been a steady decline for the USA ever since, with things picking up speed biggly under the Biden regime, and growing worse by the day. We're sitting around shrugging over problems that would have had people rioting in anger 30 years ago. Crazy how you can get used to your country failing.

I Receive a lot of " lol doomer" posts when I bring attention to various alarming trends, but I have to wonder, were you previously a " lol doomer" guy where you thought doom warnings were bullshit, but now your a " holy shit, what's happening to my country ? " bro ?

Well ?   Have you started to be concerned yet ?   Started preparing for what's coming ?

BECAUSE YOU BETTER BE GETTING PREPARED PEOPLE.  Everyday it's getting harder and more expensive to acquire useful items to help you and your family thru hard times, the time to buy is now, today. We're entering another election season, and shits going to get sketchy for sure.

Buckle up !
View Quote
When people here claim every action from sneezing to invasion will result in nuclear war, martial law, or some other thing.. it tends to get old and makes one not believe them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When people here claim every action from sneezing to invasion will result in nuclear war, martial law, or some other thing.. it tends to get old and makes one not believe them.
View Quote

Yet, it’s all happened before
There will be a world war.
There will be a global natural and manmade catastrophe
The world economy will crash

I don’t sit and worry about it but it’s inevitable. May as well accept it and be prepared

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#20]
It has remained the same. I look at cultural trends and ask what will change things, and I don't see any change until catastrophe. The only question is the timeline, whether it's next year or 25 years.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Weiji.  Crisis/opportunity are the same thing.  Which side would you rather be on?  The Palladin Press author George Hayduke said, "Where there is confusion, there is profit."

Position yourself for opportunity.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#22]
For the record, i don’t expect a catastrophic, world ending SHTF, like killed the dinosaurs, super volcano, comet, supernova sun, etc. I mean those are possible, but not something you can avoid / survive.

The doom I believe is coming, ISNT world ending, it’s simply where our comfortable standards of living, safe streets, quiet homes, opportunities, and freedoms are degrading quickly, and in the near future the average street in the USA will resemble Brazil, Mexico, South America, rampant poverty, crime, violence, brutal tyrannical government, where opportunities only exist for certain select few who check the right diversity boxes, wealthy / connected etc.

Where your live in very real fear of your daughter being kidnapped / raped, your front door kicked in in violent home invasion, your car ran off the road by robbers, robbed on the street by motorcycle thugs, gangs demand protection money or they will burn your home / business down, you can’t afford electricity, or rolling blackouts are common, clean water is hard to get , and various things like that.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Shocked DOOM has been delayed to date. Convinced it is inevitable.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Weiji.  Crisis/opportunity are the same thing.  Which side would you rather be on?  The Palladin Press author George Hayduke said, "Where there is confusion, there is profit."

Position yourself for opportunity.  
View Quote

While true, that’s not something everyone can accomplish, for the vast majority they won’t profit, they will end up on the crisis end of things, not benefitting from it, being a victim of it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#25]
FedEx - Doomed add - Polish subtitles
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I ride with Buck19delta.

watching these trends has me buying utilitarian stuff, more long range food, and more amenable to dumping trinkets for more useful items.

I've got a bunch of really nice old guns that I'm getting ready to dump for more ammo, tools, spare parts and food.

The dollar and the credit markets are teetering, look how long it took for Goldman Sachs to crash the market in 1929.
Same scenario exists today but with civil strife added. If the fedgov vaporizes things can get spicy fast.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm sure there were Roman citizens during the Crisis of the Third Century who sincerely believed that Rome would fall at any moment.  

I'm sure there were Roman citizens in 476 AD that thought Rome could never fall and everything would be just fine.

Our Republic is in a state of transition.  Both a massive generational and demographic shift are occurring simultaneously, which cannot be precisely controlled by the elites and so a measure of instability will result.  Within that chaos of instabilty will come opportunities for both the virtous and the insidious. Only God knows who will prevail.  

"Governments, if they endure, always trend increasingly towards aristocratic forms.   No government in history has been known to evade this pattern.   As the aristocracy develops, government tends to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class - whether that class be hereditary royalty, oligarchs of financial empires, or entrenched bureacuracy."  I believe that our governemnt has existed long enough that we are witnessing this trend and either it will continue until democracy is extinquished or there will be a popular uprising, but how long into the future either will occur and who will prevail I don't know.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Doom OST - E1M1 - At Doom's Gate

This is my ringtone and I still don’t get down with the Doom people on here.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I went into a local shop and they had 1000 rds of PMC 55gr cases.............................$880  

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Interesting question.  Guess you could say it’s grown and matured due to actual life experience and reading about real world economic doom.  

Op, you are trapped in the traditional Doomer paradigm. A fantasy where deflationary collapse leads a return to bucolic subsistence living.   It’s a seductive mindset, because we all yearn for a simpler time.  

Ironically, Buck and Spidey are both Right.    The stock market will continue to mint Millionaires, until our $100 bills are worth literally 10 cents.   (But life goes on almost normal, because people are adaptable: everybody gets Raises!)

The question we have to ask ourselves is: what should we be doing Today, to help our children survive and prosper in such a world.  

Millionaire investors can try to become Billionaires.  

-or- you can retreat to subsistence living, surviving on Thrift and Barter, with likeminded folks.    Thing is; if you plan to do the country peasant thing, you need to do it today.    It’s not something you can learn at the last minute.    

Both strategies can work.  

A third option is; to get a career which will keep up with inflation.   That’s what most of us are trying to do.   It will have mixed success.  
Most of you Think you kept up with inflation, but deep down, you know you’re losing ground.  The vast majority of people are far poorer than they realize.   All of you who were giddy over the $2000 stimmy checks.   . You have no idea.  

Best strategy:  Become a multimillionaire with diversified investments who Lives on a farm where you are largely self sufficient.
Green Acres Doomer.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#31]
We are definitely headed in the wrong direction
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Late boomer here.  I grew up in the Washington DC area and knew I was a crispy critter if the USSR ever launched.  We practiced diving under our desks in school so DOOM was learned at an early age.  I was also lead to believe that Social Security would never be there when I got ready to retire so I planned and saved like it wouldn't be there.  I've lived through the stock busts of 87, 00, and 08 yet the market continues.  I've also lived through Y2K, the Mayan 2012 end times and COVID.  

Having an active imagination doesn't help, DOOM is easy to believe and consume.  I still feel like we live in a house of cards and something is going to give, I just don't worry as much as I used to....
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I was raised by grandparents who grew up in Appalachia during the great depression. What people call prepping today I just grew up with as common sense. Sometimes the power went out or there was a big storm so we kept food, fuel and some water handy to get us through. We lived in the country so we had guns because the cops were not going to get to you in time to do anything but take a report. We were not scared. We were just prepared to take care of ourselves within reason.

All of my upbringing was during a time in this country where the threat of world changing nuclear war was ever present and real. So I don't get too worked up over much anymore. I take reasonable measures to prepare for the most likely situations and then go on with my life.

Some people love doom porn. I guess its like anime for middle age white guys or something.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Late boomer here.  I grew up in the Washington DC area and knew I was a crispy critter if the USSR ever launched.  We practiced diving under our desks in school so DOOM was learned at an early age.  I was also lead to believe that Social Security would never be there when I got ready to retire so I planned and saved like it wouldn't be there.  I've lived through the stock busts of 87, 00, and 08 yet the market continues.  I've also lived through Y2K, the Mayan 2012 end times and COVID.  

Having an active imagination doesn't help, DOOM is easy to believe and consume.  I still feel like we live in a house of cards and something is going to give, I just don't worry as much as I used to....
View Quote

How does it feel now that you are facing the final doom of old age?      I’ve been thinking more about that lately.  

Buck style Doomer mindset, is primarily a mental distraction from thinking about the inevitable and All-To-Real cancer and kidney stone doom.

The biggest problem of the Prepper Retreat style doomer, is they retreat from the world, so if their predicted style of Doom doesn’t happen, they are one day faced with the realization that they are far poorer than they knew.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Nope, I'm just here for the ride.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fact is, Different people have different sensitivity to “ DOOM “.  

One person feels a truck drive by 5 blocks away, they scream earthquake and dive under a table, whereas another persons sitting thru a 6.0 quake, shit falling all around them and they shrug, saying to their panicking friend next to them “ it’s not a real quake, stop being dramatic “,   And everything in between.  Some people can see a small issue and immediately see the likely consequences it will develop into over 20 years, while others see catastrophic events happening and think it’s just a temporary, short term problem and shit will return to normal any minute.

I think you guys know where I fit into the 1-10 sensitivity scale, I’m a level 10, / that little thing will lead to fucking disaster kinda guy.

Anyway…. Iv been posting shtf is on the way since Obama was elected, or more specifically, shtf isn’t happening instantly, like with the dinosaurs, ( except for a few scenarios, comet, nukes, supernova etc )  instead, I see shtf for the USA, as a slow decent into SHTF / third world country / enemies foreign and domestic, tyranny and hardship kinda shtf. The decent into shtf,  which definately got a big push when Obama was allowed to rat fuck the country into the ground. Has Been a steady decline for the USA ever since, with things picking up speed biggly under the Biden regime, and growing worse by the day. We’re sitting around shrugging over problems that would have had people rioting in anger 30 years ago. Crazy how you can get used to your country failing.

I Receive a lot of “ lol doomer” posts when I bring attention to various alarming trends, but I have to wonder, were you previously a “ lol doomer” guy where you thought doom warnings were bullshit, but now your a “ holy shit, what’s happening to my country ? “ bro ?

Well ?   Have you started to be concerned yet ?   Started preparing for what’s coming ?

BECAUSE YOU BETTER BE GETTING PREPARED PEOPLE.  Everyday it’s getting harder and more expensive to acquire useful items to help you and your family thru hard times, the time to buy is now, today. We’re entering another election season, and shits going to get sketchy for sure.

Buckle up !
View Quote

DOOM is a great game. DOOM 2016 was awesome. I hear you can even run DOOM on a smart fridge.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Doom is an excuse.

To not work today, we're doomed.

To not save money for tomorrow, we're doomed.

To not bother to get educated, we're doomed.

To not treat people with respect, we're doomed.

To not follow tradition and cultural norms centuries old, we're doomed.

View Quote

Great point.

Why try if it's all going to shit anyway?

Its a made to order excuse for just about anything.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#39]
For those that are saying...civilization

What is civilization?

What we know as civilization and the third world don't have that big of a barrier between them

Civilization has fallen multiple times through history...I also recognize I'm not effecting civilization as a whole either way
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't know if this is responsive to the question, however, I believe we're experiencing something similar to "The Crisis of The Third Century."

I also believe that the restraint on polemics that was prevalent during the Cold War consensus has evaporated. However bad things may be, this makes them seem worse.

In my opinion, our economy is showing significant strain, exacerbated by decades of mismanagement. If this is not corrected, things will get worse in the near term. Much worse.

That said, things always get worse. And, if you project things on a long enough timeline, things always get better. So is it "Doom"?  I guess that really just depends on timing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Rip and Tear?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

How does it feel now that you are facing the final doom of old age?      I’ve been thinking more about that lately.  

Buck style Doomer mindset, is primarily a mental distraction from thinking about the inevitable and All-To-Real cancer and kidney stone doom.

The biggest problem of the Prepper Retreat style doomer, is they retreat from the world, so if their predicted style of Doom doesn’t happen, they are one day faced with the realization that they are far poorer than they knew.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good question and my answer may surprise you.  I'm not really worried about death, I just hope it's quick and not a prolonged agony.   I've experienced more than most and am working through my regrets.  I've been very fortunate and if death comes knocking so be it
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Inflation, massive out of control government debt / spending and government corruption is the driving force that will do the heavy lifting in regards to wrecking your quality of life / freedoms.

2020 was a few short years ago, imagine where we will be after 4 more years of radical democrat run government. ( and Repubs are part of the problem, they are in cahoots with democrats, they are not fighting them. Their fights are no more real than WWF wrestling matches, simply choreographed entertainment to trick people into thinking they have a choice, a chance for better, while hiding the fact they absolutely don’t.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Doom is a tool used to monitor and control the paranoid.

eVeRy dAy iTs gEtTiNg wOrSe

This has been the marching beat from and for a certain group for as long as I've been alive, and I'm sure long before that.

gEt yOuRs nOw

You're going to be fine.

/edit:  I differentiate between 'prepping' and the actual DOOMERs who do exist.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Doom from its source definition means "judgment." Frankly, humanity gets what it deserves. Humanity doesn't care for Truth and how Reality operates. Man has become so disconnected from Reality, Nature, and The Self. We think we can do what we want without consequences. Well, Reality doesn't work that way. Will I be sad for the small few good souls here who are good people? Yes, but humanity is not separate from itself or nature.

I don't fear it but I welcome it. Truth can be loving and caring just as it can be reckoning and chaotic. Force is required to create change. If it causes people to come face to face with The Truth then so be it. The Knowledge has always been out there to prevent this from occurring. People simply ignored it. I don't feel bad for people who ignore The Laws of Nature when they touch a hot stove repeatedly. Sometimes you have to learn through Chaos.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I will add that the internet, social media, GD and the MSM are big contributors to the feeling of DOOM.  If I want to feel better about life and the world, I unplug for a while...
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#48]
It took me until about 2018 to finally start to realize how fucky things are. 2020 was when we went over a cliff that I don't see how we can recover from.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Decades of concern with nothing really happening had led to diminished sense of impending doom and prepper fatigue.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Lol doomer
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top