Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]

It certainly wouldn't be a wise course of action.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Never, not a single one.  Totally unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Since when has that stopped anything
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
They can fuck off to hell.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
That would be a bad idea.  Doing so would show support for totalitarianism.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#7]
This won't end well.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#9]
If the NYPD gets involved the bystander body counts will be horrific.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We can only hope they run out of bullets.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#12]
... Ouch! Fuck.

Wouldn't wanna be the cop that got that order!

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Ha. Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I could only imagine how much hell would be unleashed by the populace on the "enforcers".  It would make Iraq look like kids play.  

not to mention if that started happening how much infrastructure would start magically shutting down.....entire power grids, water, sewage, trash control, communications, flights, you name it.  NYC would be a jungle in about ten minutes

it would be ugly very quick

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could only imagine how much hell would be unleashed by the populace on the "enforcers".  It would make Iraq look like kids play.  

not to mention if that started happening how much infrastructure would start magically shutting down.....entire power grids, water, sewage, trash control, communications, flights, you name it.  NYC would be a jungle in about ten minutes

You over estimate our power! I'm going to pull a number out of my ass 99.99% of NYers will comply because law abiding citizens do that
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:39:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not NYPD, but I wouldnt follow that order.
Not Constitutional.
And I'm not getting killed to fulfill Bloomberg's wildest, wettest dream.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#17]
They may be able to disarm NewYork City, I don't think they will have much luck upstate.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I am not saying I wouldn't give them up or that I am going out shooting, but I am not handing anything over with being paid fair value.

There is a process by which the state can seize private property, but it involves due process and/or compensation.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
... Ouch! Fuck.

Yeah, I can see those orders going over like a fart in church. I'd bet more than half would just quit on the spot. The rest, well, I don't think they would like the result.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

In NY the reaction will be "you don't need those anyways, sure wish my department issued rifle plates"  

there was an article in the Ny hometown forum today that someone was arrested for carrying outside the restrictions (hunting only) on his permit. No way is that a penal law violation, he still got arrested. A couple of months ago a guy got arrested for having an illegal suppressor when what he really had was one of those .22lr hk clones with the fake suppressor, still got arrested. Kid in Rochester got arrested for having 'illegal assault weapons' even though they were legal post ban guns, the DA agreed to let the grand jury toss it basically but the kid still got arrested and hired a top flight Rochester criminal defense guy which I would guess was a $ 50k plus payment his parents made.

I foresee almost no NY police officers giving up their pensions and .gov jobs over principle, lose their houses and go live in an apartment and make a living as a security guard or swinging a hammer (if they can find work). There are certainly exceptions, but the overriding attitude here will be "you never needed one of those and better just give them up or else"

until a few grow extra orifices at 2800fps....

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Good luck to them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#22]
They better review their life insurance benefits with their union rep if they do.

The payouts could bankrupt the whole system...
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#23]
They may very well try it in big Blue Zone cities.  Suicidal in most of the Red Zone.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

... Ouch! Fuck.

Especially since according to the article they'd be enforcing a federal law that didn't actually require confiscation.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They may very well try it in big Blue Zone cities.  Suicidal in most of the Red Zone.

there's also a fuck ton of happy go luck FSA hippies upstate, too.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

They may be able to disarm NewYork City, I don't think they will have much luck upstate.

Sure, because what they have done in NYC so far has worked great to disarm criminals.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I know a few local leo hoping they get to confiscate.  They assume they will get to keep what they take.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I know a few local leo hoping they get to confiscate.  They assume they will get to keep what they take.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

<Insert CoC Violation Here >
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You're high. If they haven't done anything by now, they won't.

In a related vein, I understand from the bluethers here that NO cops will enforce such an order, yet here are cops, pondering it. Hmmm. I am confused. Please shed some light, if you will.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#31]
disreguard

Free

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#32]
There are no "registered" ARs in New York City since the time that David Dinkins was mayor.

He contacted every registered owner by mail and waned them to remove them all from within the  city limits and that the police would be visiting to ensure compliance.

The police never did visit.

But as a result, there are no registered ARs or AKs in NYC for the cops to come looking for.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Good fucking luck.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I am not saying I wouldn't give them up or that I am going out shooting, but I am not handing anything over with being paid fair value.

There is a process by which the state can seize private property, but it involves due process and/or compensation.

You have already lost....
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yeah, I can see those orders going over like a fart in church. I'd bet more than half would just quit on the spot. The rest, well, I don't think they would like the result.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'd just like some clarification. Please list the instances where cops have refused similar orders. Please list any individual cops you are aware of in IL, MA, NY, CT, MD, CA, or other states who quit rather than enforce blatantly unConstitutional orders to seize weapons. Please list any cop shops that have refuse en masse to enforce such laws.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm sure many will be able to keep the bullets..............
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yea alot of them will come down with terminal case of lead poisoning

Free

Really? You would forfeit your retirement and murder cops over a hobby? You would die from lethal injection, see your wife made penniless, see your children shamed?

Isn't advocating cop killing on this board a permaban offense?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

ETA: I'm in the Ohio National Guard, If we get the order I am refusing it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#39]
It's tough for both sides. Police won't want to enforce this, but if people resist, then they will be labeled domestic terrorists. Then the hammer will come down on all terrorists, foreign and domestic.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:00:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free

Really? You would forfeit your retirement and murder cops over a hobby? You would die from lethal injection, see your wife made penniless, see your children shamed?

Over a what?

Jeez, where do you guys keep coming from?

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

A thief with a badge is still a thief.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free

Over a what?

I wish I had the answer to that question.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
ETA: I'm in the Ohio National Guard, If we get the order I am refusing it.

Enjoy Leavenworth. I understand they allow trustees to work road details in the summer.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free

Your lack of understanding is deep and broad. Wow.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Over a what?

Oh. I'm sorry. Is it a religion for you or something? Did JMB take a stroll on the water one day, then make the 1911?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free

The trolls arent even trying to hide it anymore. Obama won, go back to DU now.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#49]

At the point a so called government official comes to your door to take your firearms they are no longer law abiding citizens but criminals, no better than any thief.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're high. If they haven't done anything by now, they won't.

In a related vein, I understand from the bluethers here that NO cops will enforce such an order, yet here are cops, pondering it. Hmmm. I am confused. Please shed some light, if you will.
bluethers?  You sound like your from the DU.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top