BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 12/22/2014 1:02:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#1]
He was on the short list to play the 13th Doctor. I think they screwed the pooch big time by not choosing him for that. I'd be cool with him playing bond.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#2]
That's one cool mothafucka. Would be a good choice as Bond, even though he's no youngster himself.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]
WTF?

No racism at all, but Bond is a white British character, that is the stupidest idea that I have ever seen...
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WTF?

No racism at all, but Bond is a white British character, that is the stupidest idea that I have ever seen...
View Quote

Well he's a black British actor. What's the difference?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
WTF?

View Quote

Colin Salmon was on the short list to play Bond before Craig took over, and Salmon would have been badass.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#6]
You know, I think he'd make a swell Annie too.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He was on the short list to play the 13th Doctor. I think they screwed the pooch big time by not choosing him for that. I'd be cool with him playing bond.
View Quote

Can't do worse than Matt Smith.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Bond is a cool British guy, set in the present day I don't see any problem with a cool British black guy being Bond. It's not like a black Lone Ranger or Sergeant Rock.  

Beats the idea Craig was floating of a Gay Bond
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF?

Bond is a cool British guy, set in the present day I don't see any problem with a cool British black guy being Bond. It's not like a black Lone Ranger or Sergeant Rock.  

The sheriff is near!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
WTF?

View Quote

Bond is Bond... he's British... his ethnicity matters about as much as the age he's been.

Besides, I met a black British guy once and for all intents and purposes was James Bond.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Since Bond's character is Scottish, I'll just leave this here:

White: Total 5,084,407  96.02%
African: Total  29,638   0.56%

Demographics of Scotland - Ethnicity
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
WTF?

View Quote

Bond is a fictional character that should be played by the actor that can bring the role to life with enough public appeal to turn a profit on the film.  

Starbuck used to be a male, until he wasn't and now he's a she.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

Just doesn't fit. You don't have a character played by an Australian for 40 years and all of a sudden switch them to being Puerto Rican.

Albeit, it would not be the first time Bond was played by a person of a different race, with Rodger Moore and whatnot
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I think he'd be a great Bond.

I also think Clive Owen would make a good Bond.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#19]
who?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

The sheriff is near!

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You know, I think he'd make a swell Annie too.
View Quote

<squalls of laughter>
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Kinda hard for him to pass as Russian or Japanese though...

I mean, THIS was bad enough...
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Just doesn't fit. You don't have a character played by an Australian for 40 years and all of a sudden switch them to being Puerto Rican.

Albeit, it would not be the first time Bond was played by a person of a different race, with Rodger Moore and whatnot
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF?

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Name's Bond, Jamal Bond.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#26]
This has nothing to do with getting the best possible actor (what's wrong with Daniel Craig?) for the role. This is a Hollywood studio wanting to cast a black man, just because.

Just imagine the uproar if George Clooney were given the role of Shaft?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Kinda hard for him to pass as Russian or Japanese though...

I mean, THIS was bad enough...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-D3TZucEvQsw/T3FGXVFmzNI/AAAAAAAABG0/nS0CdPld7CE/s1600/James+Bond,+Japanese+agent.jpg
View Quote

YOU SHUTUP YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE WAS AWESOME
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
WTF?

View Quote

James Bond has been an awful lot of different dudes over the years. I could totally see Elba as Bond.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Sheeeeitt
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

I agree there is a lot of stupid PC rewriting of characters, like Girl Thor. I just don't see anything about Bond requiring a white actor though. I think a black or Indian could play Bond as long as he pulls off the kind of cool an debonair thing. At least we don't have a lesbian Eskimo woman playing Bond yet

Don't give them any ideas
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:16:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This has nothing to do with getting the best possible actor (what's wrong with Daniel Craig?) for the role. This is a Hollywood studio wanting to cast a black man, just because.

View Quote

I don't think the color of his skin would be why everyone was in an uproar.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF?

Yea well we have a black Sgt Fury. For fuck sake create a new character and leave t he old ones alone.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Great actor
View Quote

Yes, he is.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Colin Salmon was on the short list to play Bond before Craig took over, and Salmon would have been badass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF?

Yep.  He's way more Bond than Craig.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

You need to watch the actor in question here before you say that. The dude is good, and would make a great Bond to anyone that doesn't have a preconcieved notion that he has to be white.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#36]
I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.  I think there are probably 2-3 white guys that could do a good job as well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Fuck yeah. One of the best modern day actors.

Prepare for all the closet racists on ARF to get their panties in a wad.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF?

Or, perhaps it would be more true to present-day Britain to portray Bond thus:

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#39]
No one has mentioned the 800lbs gorilla in the corner...

Just sayin'...
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#41]
its a fictional character for _ _ ks sake.

dudes acting is solid.

although they should take a look at Cillian Murphy (Peaky Blinders is a great gangsta show)
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
WTF?

View Quote

And Idris is a British Actor. He has an extremely relaxed coolness about him, and honestly fits the entire persona quite well. I can honestly not think of another actor right now that would play a better Bond. I might actually watch that movie.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Yo link is broken yo
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Dude is one of the best actors working these days. I think he'd nail it. Bond is about attitude, not skin color.

What would kill Bond is an American actor.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Name's Bond, Jamal Bond.
View Quote

Ok, I lol'd a little at this.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Great actor.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yo link is broken yo
View Quote

Fuck, it's Tatiana Romanova, the love interest in From Russia With Love.

I'm thinking this would be a problem in the US unless they cast Halle Berry in every role as the love interest.

ETA:  I like Alba, he's a great actor when he isn't called to act black.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit? I think he would have made an awesome Doctor! Never heard that before.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top