Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 6/12/2015 9:54:41 AM EDT
It. Was. Awesome.
Great movie, acting was great, Dinos were awesome, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the CGI, it honestly lived up to and exceeded my expectations.
I wouldn't say it's better than the original because that film was ahead of its time and was fantastically executed, but I absolutely loved JW.
/
Go see it. Do it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw it last night as well. I'm a fan.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#2]
EDIT: double post...
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I have tickets for tonight. Your experience helps, as I'm going with a friend who wanted to see it, not my first pick.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm seeing it tonight.  I'm excited.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:03:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I enjoyed it, although it was pretty cheesy and predictable.

I thought the "pet" raptors were going to be dumb but I think they made it work.

When the movie finished and we were walking out, some kids (maybe 16 or 17 years old at most) starting complaining on how the movie sucked and ruined the memories of their childhood...

Really? You were like 2 years old when Jurassic Park 3 came out. Your "childhood" my ass. I felt like they were just repeating stupid hipster shit they heard on the Internet.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have tickets for tonight. Your experience helps, as I'm going with a friend who wanted to see it, not my first pick.
View Quote

I imagine you'll enjoy it. I enjoyed this movie far more than I enjoyed Avengers 2 (and I love me some marvel movies.)  The wife unit enjoyed as well, even said she would see it in theaters again which is a rarity n
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Thanks, I want to see it.

What about taking kids to see it?  My 9 year old daughter, who is not often scared by things like that, really wants to see it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I thought the "pet" raptors were going to be dumb but I think they made it work.

When the movie finished and we were walking out, some kids (maybe 16 or 17 years old at most) starting complaining on how the movie sucked and ruined the memories of their childhood...

Really? You were like 2 years old when Jurassic Park 3 came out. Your "childhood" my ass. I felt like they were just repeating stupid hipster shit they heard on the Internet.
View Quote

LOL let's not forget, we do this right here with Indiana Jones and Star Wars...
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jurassic Park was one of my favorite movies growing up, I didn't feel this way at all.
I agree it had a couple cheesy parts, but I'll accept that in a movie that features Dinos in the modern day world.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks, I want to see it.

What about taking kids to see it?  My 9 year old daughter, who is not often scared by things like that, really wants to see it.
View Quote

As long as the kids are okay with different Dinos being Dinos they should be fine. It's no worse than the others if they have seen any of them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#11]
#dinolivesmatter

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You didn't have to be alive when the movie was first released to remember watching it and enjoying as a kid.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You didn't have to be alive when the movie was first released to remember watching it and enjoying as a kid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently, when from joisey you have to. You also have to be pretentious enough to care. :/
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:You didn't have to be alive when the movie was first released to remember watching it and enjoying as a kid.
View Quote

True, but I find it very hard to believe that the Jurassic Park series is a large part of a current 16 year old's "childhood".
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Apparently, when from joisey you have to. You also have to be pretentious enough to care. :/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, taking that a little too personal huh?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:31:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Friend saw it last night, said the same except he said it was better than the first one.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I saw it last night as well, and thought it was fucking awesome. There was a predictable scene or two, but hey, it's a fucking movie.

I will definitely be buying a copy when the dvd comes out ... shit, I may even go see it again in theaters in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Woah, simmer down fella.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Got tickets to see it at 1230 today.  After reading this I'm looking forward to it even more
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#20]
I saw it last night with my wife, we both really liked it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Went last night as well. Took my 8 y/o son and 9 y/o daughter. I don't think it was too bad.....a little graphic in spots and few bad words....but we raise our kids to understand reality and not shelter them from the real world. I think it's ok for kids (as long as they don't get nightmares)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shall we bring up red dawn?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:57:23 AM EDT
[#24]

It's only got a 70% critics rating on Rotten Tomatoes right now, but the audience rating is 87%. That usually happens with the summer action blockbusters. This will be a rental for me in any case but good to hear good reviews.

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#25]
My 4 and 5 year old want to go see it. Might have to let them skip out on it, until it comes out on DVD
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Jurassic Park was one of my favorite movies growing up, I didn't feel this way at all.
I agree it had a couple cheesy parts, but I'll accept that in a movie that features Dinos in the modern day world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I loved the first one (hell I read the novel 12 times when I was 12 yrs old), don't forget that the original Jurassic Park was full of cheese as well. I welcome the new cheese.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Dances with Dinosaurs?  

I enjoyed the ground-breaking CGI in Dances with Smurfs too, but I prefer to have literary content with cool CGI.

The older I get the less entertained I am by movie technology, and the more I'm entertained by literary content.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Jurassic Park was a part of my childhood. I can't wait to see Jurassic World...hopefully in IMAX.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was 2 years old when star wars came out. that didn't keep george lucas from molesting my inner child with episode 1-3.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#30]
So they had dinosaurs in a dino movie? Sweet.

So basically the opposite of that POS Godzilla movie
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Saw it last night, my son's 11th birthday.  All my kids loved it.  Not a bad movie at all.  CGI was well done.

Chris Pratt was good in his role, the bromance with the raptors was a little cheesy but the movie is certainly better then JP II and as good as Lost World.  

Can't decide on Bryce Dallas Howard, sometimes she's a smoking hot ginger and other times she's got the appeal of a mannequin.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I was 2 years old when star wars came out. that didn't keep george lucas from molesting my inner child with episode 1-3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How dare you compare Star Wars to Jurassic Park.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Jurassic Park was a part of my childhood. I can't wait to see Jurassic World...hopefully in IMAX.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Hope I find the time to see this on the big screen, looks awesome.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Loved it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Went last night as well. Took my 8 y/o son and 9 y/o daughter. I don't think it was too bad.....a little graphic in spots and few bad words....but we raise our kids to understand reality and not shelter them from the real world. I think it's ok for kids (as long as they don't get nightmares)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I chuckled....
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I thinking about going tomorrow afternoon. 3D Imax
View Quote

this will be the proper way to see it.
I'll get my tickets Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#38]
I saw it yesterday as well. Brought the girlfriends 10 year old daughter to the 7pm Imax 3D opening. We both liked it a lot.

It didn't beat the first one but it kept my attention. I think it was better than the 2nd and 3rd movies.

The character development was a little poor but it didn't quite hurt the movie. Ron Howards daughter was HOT even though I'm not big on red heads.

The raptor thing did come off well. I like the transitions in alpha. That was pretty cool. LOVED that they actually included the visitor center from the first movie. That was by far my favorite little addition.

Honestly my only complaints where that the chick wore high heels the entire time and they never broke. She ran full speed in dirt/mud/from dinos, etc... And they were still good to go. And then the end. I mean, cool that the water dino popped out but uh... That was pretty anticlimactic if you ask me. The movie just absolutely stopped right there outside of the family get together at the end. WTF HAPPENS NEXT?! I want closure!
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#39]
People have some funny ideas about Dinosaurs, that they only lived millions of years ago etc... Go to the jungles of africa and there are still some dinosaurs alive today.. One missionary in our church knows someone who saw a Triceratops in the Central African Republic. Creating mythology about dinosaurs is one way the devil tries to make evolution convincing.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#40]
I noticed in the trailer there were kids being chased around in it. Do they take over the movie like in the first one?

"My God we have to save the Childrenz" or some such?

That will be my yardstick for going to see it or just renting it later.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
People have some funny ideas about Dinosaurs, that they only lived millions of years ago etc... Go to the jungles of africa and there are still some dinosaurs alive today.. One missionary in our church knows someone who saw a Triceratops in the Central African Republic. Creating mythology about dinosaurs is one way the devil tries to make evolution convincing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
EDIT: double post...
View Quote

Not a double post... You just REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY liked the movie
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#43]
BTW, I left the wife unit with the kids and had my "me" night with JW.

I concur with the opinions of it being TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

Trollin' trollin' trollin'
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm still bitter about The Lost World.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to Costco.  I love you.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
God, I love this place.

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I'm still bitter about The Lost World.
View Quote

Ha, me too. Never saw Jurassic Park 3 either.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top