Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/16/2017 8:33:07 AM EDT
Has anyone had any real world "experience" (giving or receiving) with these things? Brass, steel, aluminum, plastic, it doesn't matter.

I want a set, I think mostly because I'm not supposed to have them, but I can't imagine that I'd ever carry them.  In my mind, they are going to break bones and tear skin open if someone was to get hit in the face or on the head with them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:35:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of the ones I've seen are ridiculously big look like they'd bruise the shit out of your palm if ever used.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:35:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Buddy took a shot to the face with them, busted his lip open about an inch.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Nephew was almost killed by a pair of BK. Broken eyesocket, jaw wired shut, concussion, cheek bone fracture. Pretty close call.y advise.  See a pair shoot the mf rfn.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Before I had a pistol permit I used to carry one of these "Bike wrenches" in my side pocket.

I feel better with a P3AT in there though.

https://www.amazon.com/Worden-Travel-Personal-Protection-Defense/dp/B01DHEGCM0/ref=pd_lpo_200_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6MCBERBSCHWFN4X3W6ZZ&tag=vglnk-c102-20
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Saw a fight in high school where a guy pulled out a pair and promptly got his ass beaten into the ground.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#6]
check out a pair of DeezKnucks or Impera industries

http://www.imperaindustries.com/
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I can only imagine what a prosecutor would say at your assault trial.

"The accused was so intent on looking for a fight that he carried brass knuckles . . . "
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can only imagine what a prosecutor would say at your assault trial.

"The accused was so intent on looking for a fight that he carried brass knuckles . . . "
View Quote

I imagine that's how it would go, there is a reason they carry a stigma. Justified or not, you are probably way better off with a neck knife on you.

I'll stick to a handgun.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Expensive.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I have four that Dad took off drunks back in the late 50s. Two brass and two cast iron. They were quite popular back in the day.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to mill some bottle opener 2 knucks out that he become popular with the EDC folks one of these days.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:21:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nephew was almost killed by a pair of BK. Broken eyesocket, jaw wired shut, concussion, cheek bone fracture. Pretty close call.y advise.  See a pair shoot the mf rfn.
View Quote

Had a buddy in high school receive very similar injuries, other kid had rolls of change in his fists.  Wasn't even his fight, standing up for another kid.. no good deed goes unpunished..
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I carry a metal single knuckle that I bought on Amazon. Haven't had to use it, but it's significantly more comfortable than a full set. This year I'm going to try my hand at making some out of kydex and micarta.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Kid I knew back in jr high used to make them out of wood in shop class. Some he put nails in. He was more of the slightly wayward kid who didn't have the heart to ever actually hurt anyone but he liked to have that bad ass mystique.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#16]
My vaporizer weighs about 350g, it's milled out of a billet of 7075-t6.

You could always quit smoking and become a steam train, like I did. I'm trans-locomotive.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I used to carry them, but now I wear a pair of Oakley Tac gloves on the street.

I used them once.  I got into a pretty good resisting arrest where the guy was tased three times, with three policemen on top of him, and still kept fighting as we were trying to take him down.

After the Taser proved ineffective, I peeked up, looked around for potential witnesses, slipped them on and cracked him on top of the head.  His head bounced off the pavement from the blow.

I split him open on his scalp and the blood started gushing (not uncommon for even a paper cut up there).  He felt it gushing, wiped his face, looked at his hand, and said "Ok, I'm done."

We cuffed him, got him stitched up, and sent him to jail for robbery.

Only time I ever used them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a pair that was carried from the beaches of Normandy, through France and Belgium, through the Battle of the Bulge, back to the US, to death of cancer.  The casting is a bit rough but they're ready for duty.  It's a privilege to hold them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I used to carry them, but now I wear a pair of Oakley Tac gloves on the street.

I used them once.  I got into a pretty good resisting arrest where the guy was tased three times, with three policemen on top of him, and still kept fighting as we were trying to take him down.

After the Taser proved ineffective, I peeked up, looked around for potential witnesses, slipped them on and cracked him on top of the head.  His head bounced off the pavement from the blow.

I split him open on his scalp and the blood started gushing (not uncommon for even a paper cut up there).  He felt it gushing, wiped his face, looked at his hand, and said "Ok, I'm done."

We cuffed him, got him stitched up, and sent him to jail for robbery.

Only time I ever used them.
View Quote

Haha, OK I'm done.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#20]
I've seen people that supposedly got the shit beat out of them by someone using them.

I've heard the "roll of quarters" thing too, but I don't know how you'd keep the end of the roll intact. Maybe tape?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#21]
We're not allowed to buy them or sell them in Florida but they're sold at every gun show.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Has anyone had any real world "experience" (giving or receiving) with these things? Brass, steel, aluminum, plastic, it doesn't matter.

I want a set, I think mostly because I'm not supposed to have them, but I can't imagine that I'd ever carry them.  In my mind, they are going to break bones and tear skin open if someone was to get hit in the face or on the head with them.
View Quote

If I use a deadly weapon it is going to be legally carried, and it's going to go BANG.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#23]
They are illegal where I live. Not even a carry license covers those.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We're not allowed to buy them or sell them in Florida but they're sold at every gun show.
View Quote

Novelty paper weights...
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#25]
If you are wanting them for personal protection, etc., a small sap would be better then knuckles.  A sap is easily concealed and when you hit people with it, it doesn't immediately remove flesh.  

Bonk a guy in the head a few times with a sap and walk away.  The guy isn't ruined but it'll take the fight out of them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Bad news ... will tear skin and break bones if you can throw a punch at all.

13$ ...

Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#27]
My favorite trash can knuckles
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Pffft fuck those.  I carry one of these...

Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#29]

A less conspicuous object that would be quite effective
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
http://surviveusa.biz/images/IMG_0217.JPG

A less conspicuous object that would be quite effective
View Quote

Hmmm .... good idea actually.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Punch a stab into a gunshot wound:

Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Tagged 
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#33]
I've played with them at gun shows and always thought I'd do more damage to myself with them, not that I get in many fights... Of course my hands are really small and they are made for man hands.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#34]
I had a set back in the 80's as a kid that I found somewhere.  Never used them.  I'd rather have a sap, but both are illegal here.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#35]
seems to me a better argument could be made for the carrying of a roll of quarters. I could be wrong though. I remember in one of the Bond books 007 used his big ole Omega or Rolex...........
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#36]
I carried them and used them back in the day, they're definitely fight stoppers.  I liked to go for the lower ribs.

And you definitely had to know how to wear them or they'd hurt you as much as your target or just totally get in the way.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
seems to me a better argument could be made for the carrying of a roll of quarters. I could be wrong though. I remember in one of the Bond books 007 used his big ole Omega or Rolex...........
View Quote

Plus chicks will think you have a big d
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

or, in some cases two of them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#39]

I didn't know Budk was around since 1787
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Our carry license covers them as it does other implements of pain.  I've only ever had one person admit to me they carried artificial knuckles.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#41]
I doubt seriously that I'd ever use them. There is something cool about them though.  

I have a one knuckle bottle opener thing, and it hurts my palm just making a fist too tight with it on.  I imagined one with two or more knuckles would be better in that respect.

I have heard of using a locking gate carabiner as an incognito weapon.

I do also find it strange that a lot of places will give people a license to carry a pistol, but not a chunk of metal that covers your fingers.(or a sap, or a switchblade knife)
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Well, WI apparently only considers them dangerous weapons if they're carried by persons under 18.  They're not mentioned anywhere else in our statutes by name.  There is an all encompassing "anything that is used with the intent of causing great bodily harm is a weapon" (paraphrase).

"Weapon" in regard to CCW licensing is a handgun, and electric weapon, or a billy club.

Our knife rights win actually struck knives, automatic or otherwise from even being listed as weapons of any kind, and allows their carry for anyone and everyone without criminal intent.

I need a switchblade knuckle
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got into it with a guy wearing one of those tall class rings.  Similar fractures of the skull.  Wasnt the most fun.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

{picture of carabineer}

Hmmm .... good idea actually.
View Quote

No.  It really isn't.  Do not ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy fuck, you could kill someone with one of those.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Sons of anarchy, yeah I watched most of the episodes, had one where I think one of the characters was putting on a bunch of rings.  Like a ring for each finger.  I halfway wondered if that would not fracture the finger bones depending on what you hit.

But tv show, so oh well.

The roll of quarters or dimes is often spoken. 

I honestly have never tried any of em, even messing around for practice. 

I agree with those who said they carry a firearm, but depending on location I guess I could see wanting to try out the roll of dimes or something.

Then again I am a scaredy cat, I live rural and work rural and pack about everywhere I can.  And if I can't, I try to avoid those spots.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If you are wanting them for personal protection, etc., a small sap would be better then knuckles.  A sap is easily concealed and when you hit people with it, it doesn't immediately remove flesh.  

Bonk a guy in the head a few times with a sap and walk away.  The guy isn't ruined but it'll take the fight out of them.
View Quote

LOL...bonk a guy on the head!!

I got a chuckle outa that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#48]
I dont use full brass knuckles.  I carry whats called a "Knuck".  Single one over the middle finger.  Works shockingly well to shut down bad situations, just dont use it on the head.  

Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I dont use full brass knuckles.  I carry whats called a "Knuck".  Single one over the middle finger.  Works shockingly well to shut down bad situations, just dont use it on the head.  

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/15535520_1824030957878857_5111772489747267584_n.jpg
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e35/15623922_233255720432852_3849543521996374016_n.jpg
View Quote
Damn looks like a finger breaker. 
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Damn looks like a finger breaker. 
View Quote

Thinking the same thing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top