Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/28/2017 9:33:26 AM EDT
Just finished re watching it and they do a good job with it.

I can only hope the force awakens sequel is good as well.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Look up the redlettermedia review of it.  I like it, but they make some good points that criticize it was a standalone movie.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#3]
It was a HUGE improvement over the dogshit that was Ep 7 TFA.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#4]
It's held up well in my book--I've watched it three times, MUCH more so than any of the movies which followed the original three...
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I really liked it.

I liked seeing the grittiness of the Rebellion.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Still think the BEST part of the movie was at the very end with Vader's Rampage onto the captured ship...
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought Rogue One was ass.  Boring plot, boring no-talent actors.  Totally sucked.

Surprise, another toothy British girl is the tough as nails totally bad-ass girl power hero.  Multiculturalism, feminism, yay!  Defeat those evil racist white men.

Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought Rogue One was ass.  Boring plot, boring no-talent actors.  Totally sucked.

Surprise, another toothy British girl is the tough as nails totally bad-ass girl power hero.  Multiculturalism, feminism, yay!  Defeat those evil racist white men.

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif
View Quote
All of this. The multicultural band of heroes was fucking stupid. Buddhist monk force worshiping fruit loops and ERMERGERD POWERFERL WERMEN!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:12:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like you are very wrong and going to stay that way.  

RO is a great show with tremendous depth.  Great story of sacrifice.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I enjoyed Rogue One far more than I would have thought.  I've seen it 3-4 times now and enjoy the performances quite a bit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#11]
How can it be "standalone" when the entire premise is that it fills in the the storyline of the original movie?
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Its was a little preachy in places. Dovetails great with the rest of the movies but works as a stand alone for multiple reasons. Foremost is that you are introduced to a whole new band of characters that are all dead by the end of the movie.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Its was a little preachy in places. Dovetails great with the rest of the movies but works as a stand alone for multiple reasons. Foremost is that you are introduced to a whole new band of characters that are all dead by the end of the movie.
View Quote
Wasn't the phrase from A New Hope something like 'at great sacrifice'?  

I think if the story had ended any other way it would have detracted from it.  They all knew what they were doing when they got on the ship.  They all knew going home was not likely, and they used that for motivation.  

Honestly I don't know of another war story similar, where a suicide mission is the only hope.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I liked it.

I really wish they'd do some Darth Bane movies.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you were introducing someone to the Star Wars series, Rogue One might be a good one to start with.
Everybody dies, so in the next movies you'd think "Well shit, the good guys might not make it out of this one either "
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I love Rogue One.

The only good Star Wars film since the original trilogy.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I enjoyed it
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's held up well in my book--I've watched it three times, MUCH more so than any of the movies which followed the original three...
View Quote
X2

I know they'll keep putting out the episodic movies but it would be GREAT if they would do more of the side movies. Especially if they are as well done as Rogue One.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I thought it was alright, not great. Some things were cool, some were cheesy. Reprogrammed droid was my favorite, other than seeing stardestroyers in the atmosphere and whatnot

Not sure why everyone had to die though. It makes sense in the movie and I enjoyed it, but just because they weren't mentioned in other movies doesn't mean they had to die. They could have done other minor missions while the rest of the main characters were doing their thing
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
You and the guy below you should get a room, since neither of you seem to be able to enjoy anything without running it through your ideological prisms first. You both sound like a couple of crotchety dinosaurs, pining for the days gone by when John Wayne ruled the silver screen.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#24]
It stands out because it's more of a war movie than a space fantasy. In most of the other Star Wars films the empire and the rebels feel like sports teams in a game instead of factions in a catastrophic civil war.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It stands out because it's more of a war movie than a space fantasy. In most of the other Star Wars films the empire and the rebels feel like sports teams in a game instead of factions in a catastrophic civil war.
View Quote
It was sort of the sci-fi "Dirty Dozen".
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
All of this. The multicultural band of heroes was fucking stupid. Buddhist monk force worshiping fruit loops and ERMERGERD POWERFERL WERMEN!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They didn't have the women doing anything that they physically wouldn't have been able to do.  And it wasn't multicultural, it was multi-species, which is what happens in an intergalactic narrative.  Some of you guys need to get over your personal war and relax.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You and the guy below you should get a room, since neither of you seem to be able to enjoy anything without running it through your ideological prisms first. You both sound like a couple of crotchety dinosaurs, pining for the days gone by when John Wayne ruled the silver screen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're right though.  The acting was boring.  I didn't give a fuck about any characters.  They dissected the entire movie and put it back together again with a last minute ending.  The major ground battle was a bunch of retards running around like chickens with their heads cut off....With random giant AT-ATs coming out of nowhere.

If you ever have an AT-AT sneak up on you.  You are literally retarded.

I'd say it's about as good as Terminator: Salvation.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My understanding is that it's going to alternate year by year.  You get an episodic one year, side movie the next.

Disney bought a money tree from George Lucas.
View Quote
I hope they put out a "Star Wars Rebels" movie of equal quality.  My kids would shit themselves.  I've enjoyed the series along with them, the movie could be a wrap-up of the story line like Serenity was to Firefly.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#30]
I liked it better than TFA, all the prequels, and the stupid Ewok one.

What follows is not worth reading.  It's just an old guy rambling about Star Wars shit.  Please ignore.
Rogue One felt like real  Star Wars to me.  I saw the first 3 movies in the theater when they came out, and it's been a lonnnng dry spell for good, solid Star Wars content.  TFA was OK too.  I'm hoping the new one will be better though.  We'll see...  For me, Luke was always the most annoying character.  When I was a kid, I guess I liked him, but man, his acting sucked.  Hopefully Mark Hamill has taken some acting lessons since the 1970's (I tried to leave the apostrophe out W-G, but the spell-checker in Chrome wanted it there).  I saw him in some movie not too long ago, where he was a professor or something.  He didn't do much acting, but what he did kind of sucked.  Kingsman, maybe?
I warned you.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're wrong. Your opinion is wrong. You should feel bad.

Rogue One is one of my favorite Star Wars movies and I've been a fan since I was like 6. I watch it pretty much weekly.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They make good points in most of their reviews.

I was going to watch the Ghostbusters 2016 review but I never got around to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look up the redlettermedia review of it.  I like it, but they make some good points that criticize it was a standalone movie.
They make good points in most of their reviews.

I was going to watch the Ghostbusters 2016 review but I never got around to it.
Yeah they do.

The Ghostbusters one is great.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#33]
I enjoyed it when I saw it.  It felt like Star Wars to me, unlike episodes I-III.  That said there was nothing in the story that makes me want to watch it again.  If filled a gap in the story nicely but nothing in the action or the characters was really captivating enough to make me want to watch it again.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
But don't forget that the biggest hero of the story is a privileged white guy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Is this the same film that is currently on Netflix?
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#36]
I thought it was pretty good

Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Is this the same film that is currently on Netflix?
View Quote
Yes.

Honest Trailers - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Oh yeah, my mistake.  Rogue One was the best movie since The Godfather.  

Brilliant, emotional film packed with A-list talent.  Powerful film, powerful film.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

No seriously though, it sucked.  It plays like a movie that was Frankensteined together in the cutting room.....which it was.  That's why almost nothing from the trailers ended up in the final cut.

I didn't care one bit about the main character or the two gay chinamen.  By the end I was rooting for the Empire.   Even their deaths were boring.  Absolute rubbish.  Dross.

Rogue One makes the movie "Son in Law" with Pauly Shore look like Citizen Kane.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I liked it better than TFA, all the prequels, and the stupid Ewok one.

What follows is not worth reading.  It's just an old guy rambling about Star Wars shit.  Please ignore.
Rogue One felt like real  Star Wars to me.  I saw the first 3 movies in the theater when they came out, and it's been a lonnnng dry spell for good, solid Star Wars content.  TFA was OK too.  I'm hoping the new one will be better though.  We'll see...  For me, Luke was always the most annoying character.  When I was a kid, I guess I liked him, but man, his acting sucked.  Hopefully Mark Hamill has taken some acting lessons since the 1970's (I tried to leave the apostrophe out W-G, but the spell-checker in Chrome wanted it there).  I saw him in some movie not too long ago, where he was a professor or something.  He didn't do much acting, but what he did kind of sucked.  Kingsman, maybe?
I warned you.
View Quote
If you've seen pretty much any of the decent Batman animated series, you've heard Mark Hamill.

Also if you've ever played any of the Batman: Arkham (name here) games.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#40]
I also enjoyed it more than I thought I would.  I think part of it was the darker tone in comparison to the TFA.
And you could almost make another movie just from all the footage they cut. Haha.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#41]
For a movie that actually had the balls to kill the main characters, they sure didnt try to construct characters worth caring about.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm glad they killed the main characters in Rogue One. Neither one was worth a damn.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Mostly boring, mostly uninteresting characters.

Good visuals.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Utter junk.  Just total garage.  The only redeeming part is that everyone dies.  I've watched it three times thinking maybe I'm missing something
  Nope, it really is that bad.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Eh...  It was fine.  It's my fourth favorite SW film, but that doesn't really mean much.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#46]
An entire movie had to be made in order to explain why the death star had retarded weakness...
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't know about standalone but it was great... #4 SW movie for me. Loved the nods to the original movie, like Red 5 dying, leaving a job opening for Luke.

Loved the Scarif battles, both in space and on land.

The SFX were stunning. I wish they'd held a couple more beats on the Star Destroyer over Jedha. The sense of scale was great.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Generic action movie in scifi setting. Turn your brain of and enjoy. It is not a good movie.

B movie plot with a AAA budget.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#49]
RIP EU
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#50]
I loved it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top