Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 10/11/2017 1:14:53 PM EDT
They are already a shell of what they were, even in the 90’s when I was involved. Today they caved into PC and signed their death wish.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]
We’re through the looking glass here people, and living in the strange reality on the other side of the mirror.

Our enemy wants to destroy tradition, traditional institutions, societal norms, to destroy the past itself.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought your motorcycle just blew up.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I can’t wait until they have a "transitioning gender" merit badge. You know it will happen.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, I doubt this will make that much difference at this point; those who are going to turn their backs on them already have and those left won't care.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Adios
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this a joke?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We’re through the looking glass here people, and living in the strange reality on the other side of the mirror.

Our enemy wants to destroy tradition, traditional institutions, societal norms, to destroy the past itself.
View Quote
it would appear that they are succeeding, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#8]
TEOTWAWKI
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I liked hanging out in the woods at night with girls when I was younger.

You damn sure ain't gonna find me sending my daughter to sleep in a tent with a bunch of teenage dudes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcoming girls is a good thing.  Boy scouts are a homo breeding ground.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Screw it. Most cub scout troops are glorified home ec classes anyway.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#12]
This Sucks but I’m not surprised .. I’m proud of my eagle and my time in the program.
It actually kinda sad that they have caved.
I’m
Just glad I advanced out before all of this
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:21:16 PM EDT
[#13]
What ever happened to the GSA?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#14]
What do we call "Boy Scouts" that are girls?  "Girl Scout" is taken.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:21:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They are already a shell of what they were, even in the 90’s when I was involved. Today they caved into PC and signed their death wish.
View Quote
It has nothing to do with gender equality. It has everything to do with pre-emptively avoiding the "My child is a trans-gender and boy scouts is not allowing my boy to be a girl, or my girl to be a boy" thing. It's 3D chess.
They thought this would be a way to avoid the whole tranny boy scout issue. Everyone just "assumes" the boy is a girl. So, a girl who wants to be a boy can join and no one would have an issue. Or a boy who decides he wants to be a girl can be a girl in the boy scouts.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#16]
In before the eating a brownie comment.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Darn...next thing you know they will open combat arms and special forces to women...then lookout..Noone will join the military..
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This Sucks but I’m not surprised .. I’m proud of my eagle and my time in the program.
It actually kinda sad that they have caved.
I’m
Just glad I advanced out before all of this
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Some of those boy scouts are going to get preggers on a camping trip and its going to be a mess for all involved and sort of involved.

I remember how much fun we got into with flint, steel, and sharp things... BSA also introduced me to safely using shotguns and .22s though, so that is awesome.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I got a lot out of the scouting program, but my son will never be involved.  Sad day, but it has been coming for a while.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Some of those boy scouts are going to get preggers on a camping trip and its going to be a mess for all involved and sort of involved.

I remember how much fun we got into with flint, steel, and sharp things... BSA also introduced me to safely using shotguns and .22s though, so that is awesome.
View Quote
My interest in shooting came from the scouts too. I even taught shotgun merit badge at summer camp one year.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:26:46 PM EDT
[#23]
why dont they call this Venture Scouts or something?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:26:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can’t wait until they have a "transitioning gender" merit badge. You know it will happen.
View Quote
Soon...soon
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Isn't that called the girl scouts?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Sad what it has become.

That doesn't change the experience I had.  

On a less controversial note and tangent:  You know what my biggest regret from Scouting is?  At the 1973 National Jamboree, I traded away my field cap to some scout from England.  Can't remember what I got, but I wish I still had it.

Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Actually, I doubt this will make that much difference at this point; those who are going to turn their backs on them already have and those left won't care.
View Quote
Actually not true.  The LDS still supported the BSA at least until eagle scout.  Will be interesting to see how they take this considering they are 25% of all scouts iirc.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Probably something in the electrical system, too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:29:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Just wait until some 50 year old dude self identifies as a 12 year old girl.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Type Boy Scout Folsom Dair in a search engine image search, I can't post that merit page here
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Can boys join the Girl Scouts?
View Quote
In my youth, I was a lifeguard at a Girl Scout camp.  I can say that the good looking girls did not go into Girl Scouts at that time.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#33]
NFL, NRA, and BSA

Who's next?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's where I was at
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Can boys join the Girl Scouts?
View Quote
More importantly, how does the girl scouts put up with this direct attack on their organization?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Ben Shapiro said it best when asked by an SJW "where is it written that a girl can't be a boy scout", Shapiro replied "Ummm, in the name - BOY SCOUTS"  
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It has nothing to do with gender equality. It has everything to do with pre-emptively avoiding the "My child is a trans-gender and boy scouts is not allowing my boy to be a girl, or my girl to be a boy" thing. It's 3D chess.
They thought this would be a way to avoid the whole tranny boy scout issue. Everyone just "assumes" the boy is a girl. So, a girl who wants to be a boy can join and no one would have an issue. Or a boy who decides he wants to be a girl can be a girl in the boy scouts.
View Quote
What a load of shit! YAY stand for nothing!
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
That maybe over thinking it.  I prefer the more simpler reason of needing more bodies to offset the loss of mormons so that revenue does not dive worse than it has been.  It's much tougher to find bodies from the traditional pool of recruits, so they expanded it.

You need to understand that the BSA and it's councils own a significant amount of property that requires maintenance, taxes, and other expenses to be paid.  Because of this, their fixed monthly costs are high without counting variable costs.  You also need to know that councils have been selling property at times in order to meet expenses.  They usually sell property that was donated and don't have any restrictions in the deed, or restrictions have expired.  There also has been consolidations of councils to prevent one from bankruptcy.

Bodies generate revenue, the more the better.  Regardless of whether they have mental issues, queers, or equally queerish parents, or of the opposite sex.

I think they will get a short-term fix, but then accelerate the spiral down.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you serious?  BSA should be for hetero boys.

No homos

No girls

No freaks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Scouts gonna be Fucking..
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I got my Eagle and OA sash in the early 1970's. Just after that the BSA started changed to be more city oriented with those silly metal belt loop things. To me, scouting started downhill back then. Baden-Powell must be spinning in his grave.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:36:16 PM EDT
[#42]
lol @ this guy. Sounds his wife definitely knows a thing or two about tools, considering she married one. 

Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What do we call "Boy Scouts" that are girls?  "Girl Scout" is taken.
View Quote
"Scout?"
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Actually not true.  The LDS still supported the BSA at least until eagle scout.  Will be interesting to see how they take this considering they are 25% of all scouts iirc.
View Quote
I thought they finally had turned their back on them already - considering everything that has happened already I'll guess it won't matter to them
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#45]
If they are taking the girls, they should also take the cookie fund raiser.   It is much better than popcorn.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
They signed their death warrant when they began welcoming pedophiles and faggots as troop leaders. 
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#47]
I was a scout in the late 80's and it was a joke. Not sure why people still care.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I got my Eagle and OA sash in the early 1970's. Just after that the BSA started changed to be more city oriented with those silly metal belt loop things. To me, scouting started downhill back then. Baden-Powell must be spinning in his grave.
View Quote
Yeah I got through just before those stupid things were introduced as well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
why dont they call this Venture Scouts or something?
View Quote
The BSA already has a co-ed Venture program. Venturing is more focused on high adventure like mountain climbing, white water rafting, and other “extreme” outdoor stuff.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#50]
It's a damn shame, my grandson just started cub scouts. He will never see scouting as I did. He and my son will be doing a father/son cake baking & decorating as team for a pack competition. WTF ? ? When did cake baking become a Scout activity?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top