Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 12/18/2017 7:36:19 PM EDT
I hate to air my dirty laundry on here but I would like to get some advice.  After 27 years of marriage, and 6 years after the boob job, she doesn't want to be a wife anymore, she wants freedom.  She wants to remain friends and I still love her but she is shattering my dreams.

I am not a perfect husband but I have always provided above and beyond for the family.  We have decent cars that are paid for, a paid off house, and money in the bank.  We are in our late 40s and my dream was to retire a little early and enjoy life.  Now I am not certain what that dream should be.

Probably going to get a lawyer soon and draw up separation papers.  Any input would be appreciated.

UPDATE 1/16/18:

Divorce is filed.

She is being pretty fair to me and we were able to do it without any lawyers, and remain on speaking terms.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn.  There must be something to that...

Sorry, OP
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:37:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Lawyer up, hide your firearms, get suspense orders on all joint accounts, and eject.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry my friend . The curse strikes again .
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#4]
When ever a someone says they still want to be friends, that's just code for "I want to use you"
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Move on and good luck.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#6]
That sucks ass dude.

Im sorry.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Freedom to ride the cock carousel

Does she have single friends at work?

Best of luck , it does get better
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lawyer up, hide your firearms, get suspense orders on all joint accounts, and eject.
View Quote
This.  A "separation" is just time for her to drain the joint accounts for expenses.  Then she gets half of what is left.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#10]
If it were me, I'd be trying to get some personal time with her phone to find evidence.  And/or hire a PI.

If she's cheating it won't go well for her in court.

Best of luck to you OP.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When ever a someone says they still want to be friends, that's just code for "I want to use you"
View Quote
So true.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This.  A "separation" is just time for her to drain the joint accounts for expenses.  Then she gets half of what is left.
View Quote
This.  Op - lawyer needed yesterday!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#13]
“She wants to remain friends”

Let me finish that for you..... “until our divorce is final”

OP, you have now entered into the business phase of your imploding marriage.

DON’T let your guard down.
DON’T use the same attorney
DON’T bargain shop for an attorney
DON’T listen to 98% of the advice you are getting ready to get here

Been through this. Stay strong, you are young and there is a hell of a life waiting for you on the other side of this.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#14]
When women gets boob jobs they get a lot of new attention from other men

The woman starts to think she has missed out and becomes unsettled in her relationship.

You can either ride it out or eject.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Move all of your guns to a friends house, a friend you totally trust to give them back to you someday!  Immediately!  And any gold, silver coins, etc. If you have 25 guns, only admit to her lawyer that you had 5, and name the 5 lowest priced ones you have.  Or, tell her lawyer you had to sell all of them to pay for your lawyer!
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#16]
who's getting custody of the twins?
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So true.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So true.
And the proper response is “go fuck yourself”
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Move all of your guns to a friends house, a friend you totally trust to give them back to you someday!  Immediately!  And any gold, silver coins, etc. If you have 25 guns, only admit to her lawyer that you had 5, and name the 5 lowest priced ones you have.  Or, tell her lawyer you had to sell all of them to pay for your lawyer!
View Quote
Deeeeeeeyyyerrrrrpp
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#19]
what's the kid situation?
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Divorce is always about one of two things, sex or money. Which one is it?
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If it were me, I'd be trying to get some personal time with her phone to find evidence.  And/or hire a PI.

Best of luck to you OP.
View Quote
Cheating might not matter, depending on state.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I hate to air my dirty laundry on here but I would like to get some advice.  After 27 years of marriage, and 6 years after the boob job, she doesn't want to be a wife anymore, she wants freedom.  She wants to remain friends and I still love her but she is shattering my dreams.

I am not a perfect husband but I have always provided above and beyond for the family.  We have decent cars that are paid for, a paid off house, and money in the bank.  We are in our late 40s and my dream was to retire a little early and enjoy life.  Now I am not certain what that dream should be.

Probably going to get a lawyer soon and draw up separation papers.  Any input would be appreciated.
View Quote
Menopause. Makes 'em think 'there must be more'.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Sorry bro....but, who is the other guy....
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Or communication.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#25]
27 years.  That's a long time.  Damn.

Do you have any kids together?
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry this is happening to you OP.

Eject with EXTREME PREJUDICE.....
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#27]
As my ex-mother inlaw said to me, "maybe it is just a really bad time of month?"  Well, it wasn't. However, my life is much better by moving on.

As another has advised, hide your stuff with some remote rarely contacted friend/relative. Even lose your job ... punch your boss in the nose. You can't unring that bell, but you can apologize explaining circumstance after the divorce. Even relocate to a man divorce friendly state. Google it
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is what I was referring to as not listening to 98% of the advice you are getting ready to get here.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Move on and good luck.
View Quote
This, shit happens, time is short.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry to hear.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Mine came in the late 90s shortly after I came here .

After saying for better or worse.  I wouldn’t be friends  prepare for the worst
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Being friends is total BS. Recognize that she is rejecting you. Accept that for what it is and at accordingly. Two facts of life: The cop who asks you questions is not your friend. The woman who is no longer wanting to sleep with you, live with you, watch tv with you....is not your friend, either. She is not prevaricating on her decision to dump you, she is dragging bait to see how much more she can finagle out of you. Rest assured, I know these things from personal experience.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Lawyer up ASAP.

Disregard any hope of getting back together, despite what she says. You can play along, but make sure that you protect yourself in the background. Also, your instinct is to work a lot to offset lawyer fees, loss of income, and to take your mind off of it BUT those high hour checks will just be used to increase support when the court requests them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Boob jobs are a sign of things to come.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry to hear.

Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

My divorce is about mental illness and abuse.  Sex and money issues were just two of the many casualties.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone that asks GD for divorce advice ......well, you know.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sorry bro....but, who is the other guy....
View Quote
This. As much as it sucks to hear there is definitely other guy(s) involved. 27 years together doesn't get shit canned without outside forces. Unless OP fucked up in a major way.

ETA: "Remain friends"?? Fuck that you're at war bud. Plan, act, and execute accordingly. Keep your chin up I'm sure this sucks for you emotionally.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#39]
IBPOTT?
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Do you get to keep half of the tits that you paid for?  it's only fair.

I'm sorry for your misfortune.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I have GOT to get my wife a boob job.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, ask me how I know....
The thing is, friends don’t betray relationships, so she has no interest in being your friend.

Waaaaaay too many guys I know ( myself included ) fell for this ploy, it’s an attempt at keeping your guard down while she prepares to lower the fucking boom.

You don’t have to be an asshole, but, the sooner you accept she is not and does not want to be your friend the better.

You got to look out for yourself now homie, act now, terry not, lawyer up, get ahead of this ASA fucking P
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
When women gets boob jobs they get a lot of new attention from other men

The woman starts to think she has missed out and becomes unsettled in her relationship.

You can either ride it out or eject.
View Quote
When women get boob jobs they're trying to get external validation, that they get it is a symptom not the cause. 99 times out of 100, the husband was already happy with his wife....the boob job is because she doesn't like herself and wants to feel good by being wanted.....by someone other than her husband.

She was already feeling she missed out....or her sexuality is waning and she wants to feel young/powerful again.

IMHO, boob jobs by women well into their marriages is a display shit's going off the rails.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Sorry to hear that.

Staying friends is out of the question though. For a myriad of reasons.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Best of luck to you OP.
View Quote
I don't think it works that way anymore.

The man gets thoroughly fucked in court, no matter what.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hiding marital assets is stupid fucking advice.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#48]
late mid-life thing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#49]
How does it manifest itself?
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best of luck to you OP.

If OP is from Utah, Utah is old school.  Adultery is still a crime there.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top