Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/14/2018 6:52:02 PM EDT
..that somebody is standing at the foot of your bed while trying to go to sleep?..this has happened a few times in my life,however last night,it freaked me out!...what round for imaginary entity?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
what round for imaginary entity?
View Quote
Imaginary round. Penetrates less drywall if you miss.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Ghost. Just because you can’t see them it doesn’t mean that they do not exist.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
No.

But I have had a prolonged sleep paralysis a few times. Like no shit probably two minutes. That's a very unsettling experience.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Sleep paralysis

I've had it happen a few times in my life but it has been at least 15 years since the last occurrence.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
If ghosts were real there would be more evidence. It’s sleep paralysis.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How does one go about collecting evidence of ghosts?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I had that feeling once while I was banging this chick, turned around and it was her 14-month-old daughter who apparently had just awakened from a nap and had come looking for Mommy. Poor kid is probably scarred for life.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Hypnagogic hallucination. Not uncommon.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do you think we've discovered everything we possibly can in the known world and universe at this point in time?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I had a weird feeling one time - turned out I was sitting on my keys...
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hypnagogic hallucination. Not uncommon.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#12]
No, but probably because I'm not a pussy whos afraid of the dark.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Put bubble wrap on your bedroom floor.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Why are they trying to fall asleep standing at the foot of the bed? Wouldn't they sleep better if they just got in the bed?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
So this is what "ghost guns" are for ....

Be sure to load with hallow-points.   Halloween points, that is ....
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No, but probably because I'm not a pussy whos afraid of the dark.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I would start with this:

http://www.slashfilm.com/make-your-own-ghostbusters-ghost-trap/

If that didn’t work I would say “beam me up Scotty and ask Spock”
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No.

But I have had a prolonged sleep paralysis a few times. Like no shit probably two minutes. That's a very unsettling experience.
View Quote
What's interesting is that once I knew what it was, I could snap myself out of it pretty much at will either by going "more" to sleep or waking myself up.

Once I figured that out, the occurrences dropped from once every few weeks to a couple of times a year.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I had that feeling once while I was banging this chick, turned around and it was her 14-month-old daughter who apparently had just awakened from a nap and had come looking for Mommy. Poor kid is probably scarred for life.
View Quote
Stop hurting mommy
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what round for imaginary entity?
They don't work without sound fx though...
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have had a prolonged sleep paralysis a few times. Like no shit probably two minutes. That's a very unsettling experience.
View Quote
I've had that maybe 5-6 times in my life. Last one was a year or so ago.

Nightmares haven't bothered me since I was a kid. Some of them are quite entertaining and some macabre. There's no horror movie been made since The Thing thats scared me.

But what happens in my head during SP? Its like a new level of fear I get a dose of couple times every decade.

ETA: last time it happened "someone" was in my room and a few of its buddies were outside the widow. Felt VERY real but it was nothing more than SP
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#23]
When I was 7yo I had that feeling & turned on the light to see a cloaked figure, cloaked like the Grim Reaper for a split second, then vanish.

I swore I saw it!
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
There was like 11 seasons of the tv show ghost hunters... aren't you convinced?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:24:02 PM EDT
[#25]
According to a famous Jewish arfcommer your best bet is to whip out your dick and start exorcising
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#26]
After my grandpa died,  My mom was staring out the second floor kitchen window and swore she saw my grandpa standing in the darkened back yard staring into the kitchen window and then turned around and walked away.  She swore is was real and started crying.  I was a little kid at the time and was confused by the situation.  I just shrugged and told myself ghosts don't exist.  To this day, I am puzzled.  I think she was seeing what she wanted to see, or am I wrong.  And no I was too small to see outside the kitchen window.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
..that somebody is standing at the foot of your bed while trying to go to sleep?..this has happened a few times in my life,however last night,it freaked me out!...what round for imaginary entity?
View Quote
My wife and I both had this happen one night while on vacation.  We were staying in a 150+ year old building, the owners claim it's haunted, the room was pitch black and in the late 1800's to early 1900's, that room was a doctor's office.  Pretty sure more than one person died in there over the years.  It was not an experience I care to repeat.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#28]
I usually masturbate feverishly without abandon when I get that feeling.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Again... only logical thing to do is to start vigorously and violently masturbating while staring the area at the foot of you bed whispering “this one’s for you”.

ETA:Dammit. Beat by 29 seconds.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I can't say that I have, and I hope not to.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Alot. I can tell when the spirit in our home arrives.

I believe it's a she.

I've seen it a few times... small in stature.

Freaks me out every time
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#32]
All the time, but my house is haunted so we have gotten used to it.. Never see the face, but its a short female figure and really fast, you will only get a good look in a reflection, other than that its just a quick blur in the corner of your eye, or a cold spot that you walk threw... Thankfully it seems to only stay in one area of the house, (which is the original structure that dates back to the 1800's) and the rest of the house is spook free.. My dogs see it all the time too, it's weird.. They will both just look up, and seem to see the same thing and watch it move around.. Used to creep me out, but then I got to thinking about it, once Im dead, If givin the chance to roam the earth and fuck with people, your damn right I will... I will probably haunt the other side of my house, perhaps befriend wednesday (we named her)...
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If ghosts were real there would be more evidence. It's sleep paralysis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ghost. Just because you can't see them it doesn't mean that they do not exist.
If ghosts were real there would be more evidence. It's sleep paralysis.
I got this rock that keeps away ghosts. I know it works cause I've never seen one.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That show was full of fake shit, I'm not saying ghosts don't exist (because they do) but that the show was faked.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#36]
I haven't but every once in a while the wife will wake up and swear that someone was standing next to the bed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
RRRRRRRAPE GHOST!
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That show was full of fake shit, I'm not saying ghosts don't exist (because they do) but that the show was faked.
View Quote
Yea that show was fake as hell
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Imaginary beings are imaginary.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Never felt like I seen a ghost but one night I had a fever and I remember aliens pulling my covers off from the foot of the bed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
After my grandpa died,  My mom was staring out the second floor kitchen window and swore she saw my grandpa standing in the darkened back yard staring into the kitchen window and then turned around and walked away.  She swore is was real and started crying.  I was a little kid at the time and was confused by the situation.  I just shrugged and told myself ghosts don't exist.  To this day, I am puzzled.  I think she was seeing what she wanted to see, or am I wrong.  And no I was too small to see outside the kitchen window.
View Quote
My dad passed away in 2011, I ended up taking over his 92' Ford Bronco (bought it from my step mom....) until 2015 and there were at minimum 2 ocassions where I could see him sitting in the drivers seat....I should have never sold it but st the time I didn't have a choice.. I want thought old truck back...
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#42]
wow,so im not alone in this phenomena!!it was a very strong feeling this time,however i dont think it was sleep paralaze due to the fact that i was clinching my fist,just as natural defense mechanism?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
No.

View Quote
Dude, get checked out. I had that and it was sleep apnea. The paralysis was due to a lack of oxygen to the muscles.  You can die very easily.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wow, just like sasquatch!
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Every few years I wake up in the middle of the night totally agitated, convinced a dream is real and have to be talked down by the wife. It is usually something completely nonsensical, but in the moment it feels very real... like thinking I have an important school paper due (even though it has been decades since I was in school) or that there is some critter in the bed (like a particularly nasty insect or snake).
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#46]
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/005/848/Aliens.jpg
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#47]
I wouldn't consider not hiding under the covers from imaginary beings badass.  If you do, then I'm sorry for you I guess.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#48]
That used to happen nightly in this house I lived in about 10 years ago.

Things that happened in that house changed my views on the subject of ghosts.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#49]
hows your cornhole?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Sleep paralysis my man
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top