Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/14/2018 10:34:57 PM EDT
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5952839/Explosive-device-thrown-home-former-Sinn-Fein-leader-Gerry-Adams-police-confirm.html

Attachment Attached File

Former Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams has called on those responsible for bombing his home to 'have the guts and gumption to sit down and tell me what it's about' after six nights of violence in Belfast.

The homes of Adams and Bobby Storey were attacked with explosive devices, after violence from 'dissident Republicans'.

The republican party condemned the 'reprehensible and cowardly' attacks in Derry, Belfast, on Friday night - with former leader Mr Adams saying no-one was hurt.

Addressing the gathered media at the party's Connolly House office, he told the Belfast Telegraph: 'I condemn without reservation the attack on my home and on the home of Bobby Storey.

'I am very thankful that no one was hurt.

'Two of our grandchildren were in the driveway of my home ten minutes before the attack.'

'I want to appeal to everyone to be calm. We are involved in a process of change and some people are resistant to change.'

The former party leader if those involved in the attack 'have the gumption to sneak up on our homes' then 'they or their representatives should come and meet me'.

He added: 'I would like them to have the guts and the gumption to sit down and tell what this is about,' he said.

'I would also like those who are involved in exploiting children in Derry or those who are poisoning the atmosphere in east Belfast to do the same.

'We are very open and Sinn Fein can be contacted through any of our offices.

'That's my direct appeal to them.

'Come and sit down and explain to me what this about, give me the rationale for this action.'

Mr Adams also reiterated he is 'very, very thankful' that no-one was hurt and said two of his grandchildren were in his driveway just 10 minutes before the attack.

The PSNI's chief constable, George Hamilton, condemned the attacks in comments that appeared in The Guardian, he said: 'We believe violent dissident republican groups are behind this, they will use whatever excuse they can to bring about unrest and to have young people involve themselves in violence against the police,' he said.

'We believe there are members of a variety of dissident groupings in this disorder – the so-called New IRA is probably the primary grouping behind this disorder and behind these threats to police and these murderous attacks on police.'

Gerry Kelly, Sinn Fein's Policing and Justice spokesman, said two devices were thrown, one of which caused damage to a car.

The vehicle, parked on Mr Adams' driveway, was pictured with a blast mark on its windscreen.

He said he can be contacted through any Sinn Fein office, adding: 'So that's my direct appeal to them. Come and sit down and explain to me what this is about. Give us the rationale for this action.'

The attack came just hours after the PSNI Chief Constable George Hamilton attributed violence in Londonderry in the past week to the dissident republican group New IRA.

He condemned the violence in Derry on Thursday night, during which he said more than 74 petrol bombs and two improvised explosive devices were thrown at police officers.

Speaking on Thursday, he said: 'This was the sixth consecutive night of reckless violence, violence that I am confident is being orchestrated by dissident republicans, with the New IRA being the primary grouping responsible.'

Police said it was 'nothing short of a miracle' that no one has been injured or killed so far.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Irony much.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck that guy. He has gallons of blood on his hands.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:54:19 PM EDT
[#3]
They haven't gotten over this yet?  What are they mad about now?
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Commies attacking their own political arm, what gives?
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Pierce Brosnan gave a helluva portrayal of Adams in The Foreigner.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck Adams!

Maggie should have hung the fucker.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:58:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck Adams!

View Quote
THIS!

Too bad they didn't kill the POS.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably think he isn't commie enough.
Had a relative who supported the IRA until he learned how far left they were.
He also had a Gaelic teacher who was eventually arrested for trying to obtain Stinger missiles for the IRA.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259519/D1C04E00-6E69-45F3-9779-BE7E73D5807A-608016.JPG
View Quote
Dang.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259519/D1C04E00-6E69-45F3-9779-BE7E73D5807A-608016.JPG
View Quote
Saw that movie recently. Really enjoyed it and yes I was thinking about it when I saw the thread title.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Communists bombing communists?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:46:25 PM EDT
[#12]
The Foreigner was a pretty good movie.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:52:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck him
Too bad he didn’t get blown up
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:57:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Pot; kettle.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:57:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I guess I am sheltered... what is this all about?
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Poor baby. You made your bed now lay in it.

Fucking terrorist POS.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:09:05 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm not up on Northern Ireland, so... literal terrorists terrorizing literal terrorist?
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:10:01 AM EDT
[#19]
So, suddenly, he's NOT OK with using explosives to make your point?

Hmmm.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:35:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:37:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Terrorizing terrorist?

I’m OK with this.

Maybe lob a few at Bill Ayers.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:41:11 AM EDT
[#23]
This is is more entertaining than when the PLO and Hezbollah were at each others throats.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:57:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
About my Jesus being able to beat up your Jesus.  And people arguing and killing over that argument.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I am sheltered... what is this all about?
About my Jesus being able to beat up your Jesus.  And people arguing and killing over that argument.
Lol

Irish republicans want all of Ireland reunited.

King James (yes, as in the Bible) directed what’s called the Plantation of Ulster. Took a bunch of land in what’s now called Northern Ireland and gave it away for free to Scottish and Anglican English. In an attempt to permanently secure Ireland as part of the English crown.

These people and their descendents are Protestant. And want to stay part of the UK.

Irish are Catholic and want it part of Ireland.

The religions involved have been entirely incidental for a very long time.

The current situation stems from the IRA and their representative part Sinn Fein making peace and leaving N. Ireland part of the UK.

Many elements of the IRA were extremely pissed about this as they felt they’d sold out for something they could have had all along.

It’s been simmering under the surface for quite awhile now. Looks like it’s hitting the boiling point again.

ETA: the Good Friday or Belfast Agreement stipulates basically you can be a citizen of both Ireland & England if you live in N. Ireland. And should there be a referendum held and the majority of citizens vote to reunite with Ireland, the English will respect their wishes. There’s also a free trade agreement and no border checkpoints.

Not exactly a major win for all the blood and violence paid. Pretty easy to see why certain elements are still pissed about it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:58:29 AM EDT
[#25]
They have nobody to blame but themselves alone.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 1:19:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Seems they wanted to bring the idea home, to him.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 1:22:05 AM EDT
[#27]
World class tango and drug dealer. He should suffer the same fate as his numerous victims.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lol

Irish republicans want all of Ireland reunited.

King James (yes, as in the Bible) directed what’s called the Plantation of Ulster. Took a bunch of land in what’s now called Northern Ireland and gave it away for free to Scottish and Anglican English. In an attempt to permanently secure Ireland as part of the English crown.

These people and their descendents are Protestant. And want to stay part of the UK.

Irish are Catholic and want it part of Ireland.

The religions involved have been entirely incidental for a very long time.

The current situation stems from the IRA and their representative part Sinn Fein making peace and leaving N. Ireland part of the UK.

Many elements of the IRA were extremely pissed about this as they felt they’d sold out for something they could have had all along.

It’s been simmering under the surface for quite awhile now. Looks like it’s hitting the boiling point again.

ETA: the Good Friday or Belfast Agreement stipulates basically you can be a citizen of both Ireland & England if you live in N. Ireland. And should there be a referendum held and the majority of citizens vote to reunite with Ireland, the English will respect their wishes. There’s also a free trade agreement and no border checkpoints.

Not exactly a major win for all the blood and violence paid. Pretty easy to see why certain elements are still pissed about it.
View Quote
That’s a good layman’s summary.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Infighting.... LOL
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's what I came in to post about.

Beat by OP
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#31]
I love seeing scumbags like this and Martin McGuinness dressed up like gentlemen, trying to act like they have a drop of class in their bodies.

Terrorist scum, both sides. A terrorist is a terrorist is a terrorist.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#32]
I spent a couple of weeks traveling around Ireland. It was beautiful in a way that is hard for a simpleton like me to describe. I loved every minute of the trip. That being said, fuck Ireland. They are very anti Israel and pro Palestine. My trip was interrupted when protesters blocked the streets in Dublin. Just this week Ireland passed a resolution to boycott goods from Israel.

Link Posted: 7/15/2018 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I spent a couple of weeks traveling around Ireland. It was beautiful in a way that is hard for a simpleton like me to describe. I loved every minute of the trip. That being said, fuck Ireland. They are very anti Israel and pro Palestine. My trip was interrupted when protesters blocked the streets in Dublin. Just this week Ireland passed a resolution to boycott goods from Israel.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/124978/irelandpalestine_JPG-608238.jpg
View Quote
odd.  especially since dublin has had Jewish mayors going back til the 1500s.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#34]
I can't imagine why the Irish would sympathize with a people they think are under occupation by an outside power.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Fuck that guy. He has gallons of blood on his hands.
View Quote
now hiding behind the civility of being a grandfather with children in his driveway
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Infighting.... LOL
View Quote
The problem is that infighting won't remain internal.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I can't imagine why the Irish would sympathize with a people they think are under occupation by an outside power.
View Quote
Sums up their fucked up world view rather succinctly.

My Irish born wife is now in the 19th year of her reeducation and is coming along nicely. Huuuuuge DJT fan and constantly improving.

When removed from their native environment they can be saved.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
It already isn’t. 74 incidents against police this month, mostly molotov attacks.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It already isn’t. 74 incidents against police this month, mostly molotov attacks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not comparable to what used to be.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#40]
On my father's side my ancestors were all English.

On my mother's, they were Irish.

This song has always reminded me of myself.

The Orange and the Green - Lyrics
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
THIS!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Adams!

THIS!

Blow his ass up on a boat

They earned it
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#42]
"That awful color problem of the Orange and the Green."

Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#43]
For the record. Fuck Commies. Fuck the IRA/PIRA/RIRA et al. Fuck Sinn Fein. Fuck Gerry Adams. Fuck the Irish in general. And lastly Fuck the British.

Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
I did not know they actually looked that much alike

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#46]
There's a guy in another country that has been fomenting racial and religious violence around the world, and I'd give it 50/50 as being a non resident who hatched the plan and did the deed.

Get everybody busy in their own petty bullshit, and then he can do as he pleases.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Isn't this Marching Session?
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Karma's a bitch.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

odd.  especially since dublin has had Jewish mayors going back til the 1500s.
View Quote
Not really. The Irish in Ireland are the know-nothingest know it alls in Europe. Everybody is a bleating self styled anti colonial-ist (and unknowningly marxist).  They sympathize with the Arabs because they have unquestioningly accepted the most cartoonishly false victim narratives coming out of the so called "Palestinians" for decades.

Also, the Irish still on the isle despise self reliance and individualism. Anyone with any gumption leaves Ireland.

They are a nation of smug self righteous pussies and despise conspicuously evident strength of character in individuals or in nations.

<- Irish citizen
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Love my Irish roots and can understand not wanting to be ruled by an outside power. That said, Fuck the IRA and all the Commie scum.  Still not happy about them not fighting along side the allies and almost taking the Nazi side during WWII.

My family has been on this continent for over 100 years now so we are right in the head, well as much as the firey Irish temper can be held at bay
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top